412 replies to this topic
El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 23 September 2015 - 06:33 PM

I've gotta' say I'm pretty excited about this one.

the last Tom Clancy I played was Future Soldier.

if they could apply those kind of gameplay elements to open-world missions it would be phenomenal.

• RedDagger, J-B, Payne Killer and 1 other like this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2016
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 23 September 2015 - 08:07 PM

Why is this the first time I've heard of this game. It looks amazing. I hate to use cliches but it's like Ghost Recon had a baby with Far Cry, then that baby had a baby with GTA.

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2016 - 08:35 PM

some updates. can't wait

• El Diablo and Payne Killer like this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 04 January 2016 - 09:03 PM

lol, I definitely don't care "how authentic" this game is, but I'll say it looks f/cking awesome at this point.

color my hyped.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forgetti.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 04 January 2016 - 09:05 PM Edited by The Yokel, 04 January 2016 - 09:06 PM.

Here's the problem with Ubisoft's games. Well, to be fair it's a problem with every game that tries to be non-linear. They give you all these options to complete an objective in any way you desire, but the consequences are always the same. It doesn't matter what they say, the consequences never really have an impact because you can always overcome every problem with superior firepower or superior patience if you want to go stealthy. So you don't have an incentive to plan different strategies and try different things. In the end it doesn't matter how you approach an objective. You may as well just complete the mission in the same way every time. You may as well just storm the enemy base, kill everyone like it's just another dumb shooter and be done with it. Non-linearity in approach is just a PR thing at this point. It has been done before and it's absolutely meaningless. We need variety in actual mission objectives, permanent failure states that will cost us certain intel or upgrade etc. And Ubisoft will never do that because games like this need to be accessible to everyone.

• ryuclan, Cosmic Gypsy and ClaudeSpeed1911 like this

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 27 May 2016 - 10:14 AM Edited by Osho, 27 May 2016 - 10:50 AM.

Watch Ghost Recon Wildlands' brand new trailer and see how the Ghosts decide to take on a massive and dangerous open world. Stay tuned for more at E3 2016.
Details about various pre order editions - here
E:
Blog shares more details on the diverse environments.
  • feckyerlife likes this

Raavi
  • Raavi

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation

• European-Union
  • Best Moderator 2016
    Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 27 May 2016 - 02:12 PM

Not too big a fan of the trailer, some really odd camera angles, and the atmosphere seems completely different compared to the announcement trailer. Not to mention the difference in graphical fidelity between this and the previous one-- pretty jarring downgrade. Ubisoft being Ubisoft again.

luisniko
  • luisniko

tango down y'all

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 May 2016 - 02:13 PM

Another trailer that won't happen in the final product. lol
  • Journey_95 likes this

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

Owner of Up-n-Atom Diner, Paleto Bay

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • None

Posted 27 May 2016 - 04:04 PM

Still got my eye on this one, new trailer looks pretty cool.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 May 2016 - 04:26 PM

One of the few games I'm actually hyped for. I'm expecting a more advanced, more mercenary Far Cry. As if it was 4 player co-op Far Cry 2 in an Andes, south America type setting.

I don't expect it to blow me away, rather keep my attention for more than a week or so, which is proving difficult for me now days when it comes to gaming.

• El Diablo likes this

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 27 May 2016 - 05:03 PM

This looks like another generic Ubisoft game

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 28 May 2016 - 04:51 AM

Ughh Ubisoft stop it. You're not fooling me again. Not saying the past Ubi games were terrible (far from). But they are not what they advertise to be and/or end up being really shallow/boring really soon. 

Far Cry 3/4 were alot of fun. Hell, spent a sh*tton of time in it. But those are games you can buy and enjoy for 20 ish hours (or well: just when you finish the entire story, sidequests and random f*ckery around/maxing out skills/abilities/inventory shizzle). After that it's really stale. To me, open world games should offer more. Especially when you come from games like Fallout, GTA and the very underrated Shadow of Mordor!

The Division: don't get me wrong alot of gameplay mechanics are tight and well made/fun. But overall the game is not what they advertised it to be/showed it would be like. Not to mention the fact the fail to properly fix the game and add meaningfull new stuff. More grindy missions and more broke ass Darkzone bullsh*t (concept is super cool, ends up being a total dickfest of high end players ganging up and going rogue on solo players/groups they outnumber/outskill big time.

This doesn't look any different. The whole concept looks cool/sounds cool but I fear this will be another Division. Cool looks/solid shooting/gameplay mechanics flawed by an overall (quickly) boring experience.

Not to mention: holy sh*t that headset looks like total crap. I mean; I get it they want to do a military grade headset knockoff (Peltor COMTAC/Sordin headset) but this looks like a very cheap knockoff/barely even tried to make it look legit.

I'll remain sceptical and try to ignore this as much. Been fooled by Ubisoft too much to be honest.

SuzukiRazgriz
  • SuzukiRazgriz

Paleto Bay's Resident Blue Vixen

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2016 - 12:31 PM

Full song for the new trailer
Hyper - Ghost
  • Mister Pink likes this

Ai®a©ob®a
  • Ai®a©ob®a

General

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 28 May 2016 - 05:06 PM

I'm really hoping to hear more about this game at E3 this year

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forgetti.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 28 May 2016 - 06:52 PM

I'll remain sceptical and try to ignore this as much. Been fooled by Ubisoft too much to be honest.

More people need to start thinking like this. Ubisoft's entire game design philosophy is absolute sh*t. Their games have become progressively more shallow and boring in the past few years. Not to mention falsely advertised.

• FullMetal, ClaudeSpeed1911 and Payne Killer like this

J-B
  • J-B

The Benz

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 28 May 2016 - 09:01 PM Edited by J-B, 28 May 2016 - 09:01 PM.

This is striking me as like an entire game built around Terrorist Hunt with open world gameplay thrown in.

I enjoyed the GRAW games a lot. Future Soldier had some good mechanics, but the game itself was bad. Hopefully they don't cock this up.

• Payne Killer likes this

Turan
  • Turan

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 May 2016 - 10:11 AM Edited by Turan, 29 May 2016 - 10:12 AM.

This game looks already far more interesting than The Division has ever did. 

- bigger and more varied setting

- vehicles!

- more varied gameplay

Looking good.

luisniko
  • luisniko

tango down y'all

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 May 2016 - 12:51 PM

- vehicles!

- more varied gameplay

Looking good.

Well, everything will look good during presentation, especially if it's from Ubisoft.

The final delivery? They will be questionable, especially, again, if it's from Ubisoft.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 29 May 2016 - 01:00 PM

Yeah I'm going to try bothering about Ubi games from now on. AC has been stale for ages, Siege was fun but also very much flawed (and only enjoyable with friends and proper communication), The Division was a big f*ckup to be honest (cancelled stuff, advertise huge big banging stuff and end up with a very boring/grindy uninteresting world that you can only do specific missions in after the storyline which serve as grinding).

Really, just no.

• Mister Pink likes this

Turan
  • Turan

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 May 2016 - 01:09 PM

- vehicles!

- more varied gameplay

Looking good.

Well, everything will look good during presentation, especially if it's from Ubisoft.

The final delivery? They will be questionable, especially, again, if it's from Ubisoft.

I disagree about everything looking good during presentations. The Division never impressed me gameplay wise, not even during its presentation/reveal. The only cool thing about it was the graphics, that's it. 

This game has much more going for it than just the graphics. Of course Ubisoft could still botch it up but so far it looks very promising. I'm carefully optimistic.

• Osho likes this

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 29 May 2016 - 01:34 PM

Its more important to note the creative team behind both games that are published by Ubisoft. Wildlands is developed by Ubisoft Paris different from the team of The Division which is strictly a multiplayer game anyways.
Also, please refer this Open Letter to Our Fans to understand how serious the developers are about this game, including all the interviews thereafter.
I hope to see them deliver after everything they did to reach out the fans who wants to experience that original 2001 Ghost Recon with no futuristic bullsh*t but the good old freedom to carry out the goals the way players desire.
There's more to come at E3, so its best to wait for future updates before getting upset so soon.
  • Marabunta Grande and Landotel like this

LiangHuBBB
  • LiangHuBBB

Playa

• Members

Posted 29 May 2016 - 06:06 PM

oh look its the division 2

Landotel
  • Landotel

RED DEAD 3 HYPE TRAIN

• Members
  • Uganda

Posted 29 May 2016 - 07:21 PM

We have to take this game with a grain of salt, but will probably be better than The Division. I'm already seeing people in the comment section saying the graphics "downgrade" but honestly, it looks like it has a few improvements.

- Textures look the same, nothing changed much

- Maybe a few set backs in textures

- Lighting looks much better

- Weather looks the same

Looks to me like E3 gameplay, if only there were darker nights, making it more challenging to players.

UAL
  • UAL

Playa

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 May 2016 - 12:08 PM

Man what the hell is up with that trailer, the game looked A LOT better in the previous trailers. They downgraded the f*ck out of it.

Landotel
  • Landotel

RED DEAD 3 HYPE TRAIN

• Members
  • Uganda

Posted 30 May 2016 - 07:40 PM

Man what the hell is up with that trailer, the game looked A LOT better in the previous trailers. They downgraded the f*ck out of it.

Same can be said with most E3 games, they downgrade the hell out of it. Don't be surprised, Ubisoft isn't the only company doing this, but Wildlands hardly looks like it has any downgrade, in fact, the lighting looks so much better than E3's trailer. It doesn't look noticeable unlike The Division "Bullsh*t" E3 trailer, that's why ya'll should take any E3 trailer with a grain of salt. 

• SuzukiRazgriz likes this

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • April Fools Winner 2015
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 30 May 2016 - 08:35 PM

Not to mention they don't even label it final game play and if there's anything we should've learned by now with ubisoft is we want to stop worrying about the pixels and worry more about the final game play or how much they will f*ck with the game after release and completly balls it up!

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 31 May 2016 - 01:19 AM

I really want to love this game but its frigging Ubisoft. I don't trust them in the least.

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 May 2016 - 04:34 PM

might be so, but still looks better than anything else Ubisoft has put out

• Landotel likes this

luisniko
  • luisniko

tango down y'all

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 May 2016 - 08:29 PM

I honestly don't care about the graphic as long as it's on par with the current standard.

I worry more about the gameplay and the life of this game. The concept looks great and compelling just like The Division. But once again it's Ubisoft team. They have a secret magic to turn gold into sh*t. Or maybe make sh*t looks like gold, but still sh*t.
  • Payne Killer and SuzukiRazgriz like this

SuzukiRazgriz
  • SuzukiRazgriz

Paleto Bay's Resident Blue Vixen

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 June 2016 - 05:44 PM

I honestly don't care about the graphic as long as it's on par with the current standard.
I worry more about the gameplay and the life of this game. The concept looks great and compelling just like The Division. But once again it's Ubisoft team. They have a secret magic to turn gold into sh*t. Or maybe make sh*t looks like gold, but still sh*t.

Am I the only one here who likes The Division and still plays the hell out of it? Nothing, I repeat, nothing Ubisoft does can be as bad as the complete failure that BF4 was at launch (input lag and net code issues and s*itmarkers in SP alone) in all honesty Ubi is at least consistent with their games, a lot of other AAA Devs are still completely bullseye hits or misses by country miles between games. Also Ubisoft's games almost always have pretty solid base gameplay mechanics and movement systems. I for one am looking forward to Wildlands, about time we get a game based around taking down the Latin and South American drug cartels (wish it would happen IRL tho)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users