Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands

634 replies to this topic
luisniko
  • luisniko

Mayhem Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:22 AM

I play on PS4, in Normal, and my drone always easily get spotted. No matter being visually spotted on or just the sound.

Trying to reveal enemies inside buildings makes me nervous, because, you know, they always spotted it. I hover slowly next to the door, get suspected. Spying through window, 'suspected'. Spying someone sitting on a chair, 'suspected'. Getting to second floor through staircase, 'suspected'.

I haven't upgraded my drone any further than the battery, zoom, and range upgrade. And I don't think I will ever upgrade that sh*t, especially into a stealth drone.
  • feckyerlife likes this

Wulf Raycevick
  • Wulf Raycevick

Two Steps From Hell

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:39 AM

They can hear the buzzing. If you're hovering slowly near a door, they'll hear it. I noticed the same when it comes to killing the enemy. Even if I have a suppressor on, if an enemy is realitively close to someone else they'll hear the body drop, or hear the suppressed gunshot if I'm close
  • Mister Pink likes this

luisniko
  • luisniko

Mayhem Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:51 AM Edited by luisniko, 22 March 2017 - 02:24 AM.

No sh*t about noise reduction in guns. And yes, those are many players' bad habit which I believe was formed by another games where using silencer equals total silence and killing someone next to his friend is alright as long as with silenced gun.

Back to drone topic, people were talking about how flying drone in front of NPC and they won't see it, which is contrary to the fact I'm experiencing in my game.

----
I think it just happened again in my last play.
AY6ysgB.gif

luisniko
  • luisniko

Mayhem Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:02 PM

New Items at in-game store:
-Ghost Pack-Veteran WW2 theme . 1450
-Military Patches. 480
-Army Vehicle Pack. Reskinned Turret Hummer, Plane, Truck. 1450

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:35 PM

I haven't upgraded my drone any further than the battery, zoom, and range upgrade. And I don't think I will ever upgrade that sh*t, especially into a stealth drone.

dude the explosive drone is great, that is only upgrade i added to the drone. it becomes VIED at that point. Its good for night missions when you have 3 or 4 guys sleeping in a room, you can take them out in one explosion. 

luisniko
  • luisniko

Mayhem Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 March 2017 - 02:23 AM

dude the explosive drone is great, that is only upgrade i added to the drone. it becomes VIED at that point. Its good for night missions when you have 3 or 4 guys sleeping in a room, you can take them out in one explosion.

I avoid god-like skills. That's why currently I have more than 60 Skill Points unused and thousands of supplies sitting around.

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 22 March 2017 - 02:40 AM

I'm saving up to get the thermal vision upgrade for my drone. Will make the night missions more interesting.

Still loving this game. Am being able to see some cracks though, specially with the buildings getting pretty repetitive. I guess the cartel decided to save some money and just recycle their architectural drawings!

However, the environment makes up for it. Did the story mission for interrogating that one guy at that one resort on that tiny ass island. Arrived by night time, managed to find a place to park the boat and scout.

Marked the first couple of guys on the docks, me and the AI squaddies took the shots and killed them. Still about 6 or 7 left. Patiently waiting for them to separate somewhat, and it then a storm starts. The rain falling down coupled with the lightning and thunder made things so much more awesome. Took out the ones that ventured too far, then assaulted the remaining 4 or 5 of them.

Then a Unidade chopper flew by, started hunting us! Made a dash for some grassy areas and lied down, waiting the patrol out. The rain still pouring.

Finally it was gone, and we entered the resort, scaring away the guests because f*ck it, we're tired. Find the target on the balcony, talking on his cellphone. Carefully sneaked towards him, with the rain pouring and the thunder and lightning making it all so damn moody. Grabbed him by the neck, got the intel I needed, and left the place. Man it was awesome!

• Mister Pink, Fireman, luisniko and 1 other like this

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:46 AM

This is one of those games where u know a guy will escape in a car during a mission, so when you start and get to the mission, you blow that particular car up to stop him from escaping in it but the car magically gets restored to full working order and you watch the guy drive off in the car you just exploded.....

Joke.
  • Tchuck likes this

luisniko
  • luisniko

Mayhem Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 March 2017 - 11:17 AM Edited by luisniko, 22 March 2017 - 11:38 AM.

Finally it was gone, and we entered the resort, scaring away the guests because f*ck it, we're tired. Find the target on the balcony, talking on his cellphone. Carefully sneaked towards him, with the rain pouring and the thunder and lightning making it all so damn moody. Grabbed him by the neck, got the intel I needed, and left the place. Man it was awesome!

Dat's my playstyle.  :^:

Update and Patch Notes. PC already dropped. Consoles on 23rd, morning UTC.

http://ghost-recon.u...cm:154-76770-32

Players can now select the vehicle they want to spawn when using the "Drop Vehicle" rebel skill.
  • Tchuck likes this

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 March 2017 - 02:55 PM

I avoid god-like skills. That's why currently I have more than 60 Skill Points unused and thousands of supplies sitting around.

I wouldn't call them god like skills, you got groups like isis, houthis, taliban all using drones as VIED's

This is one of those games where u know a guy will escape in a car during a mission, so when you start and get to the mission, you blow that particular car up to stop him from escaping in it but the car magically gets restored to full working order and you watch the guy drive off in the car you just exploded.....

Joke.

i havent seen that, but i have seen them run to another car, steal another car or literally just run away, but i have yet to see a car reappear after i just blew it up.

luisniko
  • luisniko

Mayhem Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 March 2017 - 03:13 AM

I've never seen a car re-spawned right after it blew up, even during any capture-the-guy tasks.

What I've seen is that a grandma stealing an empty car and run me over.

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award [GTAO]

Posted 23 March 2017 - 03:39 AM

How long does it take to do everything in this game? All weapons, attachments, skills, all missions complete, etc.? I played the beta and completed everything in about 15-20 hours of playtime.

luisniko
  • luisniko

Mayhem Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:09 AM

Patch 2.9GB is up for PS4.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:14 PM Edited by Mister Pink, 23 March 2017 - 01:12 PM.

How long does it take to do everything in this game? All weapons, attachments, skills, all missions complete, etc.? I played the beta and completed everything in about 15-20 hours of playtime.

Depends on your play style. Could take me 6-12 hours to complete a province. I've only completed 3 provinces so far and have put about 40+ hours in. I play super stealth, take my time and play on Extreme

Some great fixes in that update. You can now switch off the radio by default and change the type of rebel vehicle drop-off. :D

• HalfOfAKebab likes this

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 March 2017 - 02:26 PM

probably 100 hours to do everything if you rush through, its a big f*cking game

• Mister Pink and HalfOfAKebab like this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:59 PM

Yeah I've gotten a little bored of going full-on stealth. Some Ubisoft games are just big for the sake of it. I'm only 3 provinces in but the cracks are showing. Can I see it through to the end? 

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 March 2017 - 05:16 PM

Yeah I've gotten a little bored of going full-on stealth. Some Ubisoft games are just big for the sake of it. I'm only 3 provinces in but the cracks are showing. Can I see it through to the end? 

it gets better once you start hitting the 4 star provinces 

• Mister Pink likes this

luisniko
  • luisniko

Mayhem Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:28 AM

I don't know about other Ubisoft games. But I felt dry when playing The Crew and Division which I have my own specific reasons. Watch Doge 2 no question. Hell, even to non-Ubisoft game, Sleeping Dogs; I'm tired of it and I don't think I was even close to the end before going back to Souls.

But so far it's different in GRW. Every province feels like a fresh air to breathe to discover new guns and such. Those enemies in the bases are yet another 'toys' for me to try different approach. Not the same method the game suggested me to do, which is to recon and snipe, over and over again. Hell, I don't even do that until now. I'm talking about breaking the rule.

Still, can't force to like a game in the end. Perhaps you prefer an open world game with more choreographed mission with their own scenario? Which I see it's a common wish of how this type of game 'should' be by people who can't get into it.

TLDR: Try breaking the rule. Try breaking the routines you do in this game. In games like this, you don't give your hands to the game. The game allows you to move your hands, so move them.
  • feckyerlife likes this

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None
  • Best Poster [Gaming] 2016
    Best Poster [Gaming] 2015
    Best Poster [Gaming] 2014

Posted 25 March 2017 - 11:50 PM

So, so, so, so happy they let me turn the radio off now. But still...

f*ck this game

http://xboxclips.com...e5-7db0537b060a

f*ck this game again

http://xboxclips.com...d7-0d7345f4736e

• El Diablo, Tchuck, Azazel and 1 other like this

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 March 2017 - 12:50 AM Edited by HaRdSTyLe_83, 26 March 2017 - 12:57 AM.

^^ that second one was funny ;P

just FYI calling rebell support/rebel spot/ rebel distract will lower your tactical skill

finished my game with 2d 7h 42m

tactical 63%

stealth 71%

found out later that using rebels would lower my tactical result and apparently even if you start a new game the stats are shared

Spoiler

Chalk
  • Chalk

Quality never dies

• The Connection
  • Australia

Posted 26 March 2017 - 02:44 AM

So, so, so, so happy they let me turn the radio off now. But still...

f*ck this game
http://xboxclips.com...e5-7db0537b060a

f*ck this game again
http://xboxclips.com...d7-0d7345f4736e

The first one I saw coming from a mile off haha. The second one you couldn't pull off again if you had a million tries.

I'm glad about the options they've added. Goodbye radio nonsense, hello being able to choose to have an SUV dropped as opposed to a chopper. Although they've improved what can/can't be turned on and off with the HUD the markers still don't separate enemies and mission markers etc. Which still makes it hard for me to turn them off because without a minimap even getting to/from mission markers is a pain in the ass. All I want is for the enemy markers to disappear. Keep all the intel, mission, resources, etc.
  • Daz likes this

luisniko
  • luisniko

Mayhem Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 March 2017 - 03:10 AM

Rebel vehicle drop is bugged. But it's the harmless kind of bug. Apparently my first character's Rebel Vehicle Skill Rank (Rank 3) is shared with my second character (Rank 1) and I have an option to choose and spawn either one of the three. My friend, whose skill is currently still at Rank 1, has no access to the selection.

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None
  • [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Car
    Topic of the Year 2012 "GTA V Vehicle Database"
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 26 March 2017 - 08:00 AM

f*ck this game

Know the feeling man.

• Daz, El Diablo and HaRdSTyLe_83 like this

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 March 2017 - 01:09 PM

"Hey ya'lll, come check out my garden. You know how hard it is to grow daffodils out here?"

I've heard this so much they may as well print it under the games title on the artwork. 

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 March 2017 - 07:26 PM

the division costume coming, hope all we need is to own the game :)

Chalk
  • Chalk

Quality never dies

• The Connection
  • Australia

Posted 30 March 2017 - 09:58 PM Edited by Chalk, 30 March 2017 - 09:59 PM.

To add to the list of ways the game can screw you over.....(watch the first 40 secs)

https://beam.pro/Chalk?vod=1335106

Its not like those people were important though.

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 March 2017 - 11:51 PM

apparently you can redeem the division costume in Uplay club if you played the trial version, but then ingame you cant access it

damn you Ubi... almost, almost

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 31 March 2017 - 03:54 AM

Picked this up the other day and just finished the first province. I like that it's open world, but the vehicle controls across the board feel horrible.

Ai®a©ob®a
  • Ai®a©ob®a

Godfather

• BUSTED!
  • Nauru

Posted 01 April 2017 - 03:47 AM

I've spent the last few times playing going though and picking up skill points and getting the stuff needed to make them and i finally unlocked all the skills and level one of the rebel support.

Next is focusing on picking up all the weapons.

Can anyone give me a hint or show me about on the map where some of the good weapons are hidden?

luisniko
  • luisniko

Mayhem Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 April 2017 - 03:54 AM

Can anyone give me a hint or show me about on the map where some of the good weapons are hidden?

You can just go to Loadout and select the locked weapons. It will tell you where to find it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users