Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands

545 replies to this topic
Ai®aCob®a
  • Ai®aCob®a

Ban Roulette Winner 2017!

• Members
  • European-Union
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 15 June 2015 - 11:56 PM Edited by Ai®aCob®a, 10 hours ago.

ghost-recon-1.jpg

8f9a06409e53a26e37e83f8c5d44ecd0.png

• Ghost Recon Wildlands release date: March 7, 2017
  • Formats: PS4, PC, Xbox One
  • Developer: Ubisoft
  • Price:$59.99/£44.00 (Standard Edition),
  • $69.99/£54.99 (Deluxe Edition),
  • d$99.99/£79.99 (Gold Edition)

Special Editions Infomation

Spoiler

Ghost Recon Forum

Ghost Recon UbiBlog

Weapons List

Perks & Skills

Spoiler

Most Recent Information

• Can play solo or up to 4 player co-op.
  • Takes place few years after 2015
  • Arsenal still has state-of-the-art military tech like drones, which serve as instruments to tag & attack enemies.
  • Strategy example: attack during the night to conceal yourself, or during day for a better view of enemies.
  • Interactions with factions (local rebels & military officials & civilians) will affect your goals, providing help or presenting setbacks.

Ghost Recon Wildlands gameplay offers options, from stealth to mayhem

GamesRadar+ got a chance to play several missions of Ghost Recon Wildlands. The experience highlighted the type of team cooperation that you’ll need to get the most out of the game. TL;DR - Be ready to get very, very vocal.

Your squad’s mission is to take down the Santa Barbara cartel, which is running this fictionalized South American country with a tight fist and an itchy trigger finger. As you might assume, dismantling this well-entrenched cartel will take a lot of time and different types of missions. There are enemy outposts that need liberation, key targets to assassinate or interrogate, and plenty of other ways to interrupt the group’s nefarious doings.

Player choice has become a hallmark of open-world games these days, and Wildlands is no exception. For example, you'll be able to side with local rebels to help out in battles against more powerful factions within the Santa Blanca cartel. Or you can try and instigate in-fighting within the cartel itself, by manipulating information. Or you can create distractions in one place to help you sneak in and complete primary objectives with greater ease. These choices will have an impact on the region and its social orders, so think carefully about when you want to play it stealthy and when to run in guns blazing.

Ghost Recon Wildlands multiplayer: Play with people. Or don't!

Ubisoft has long been exploring the idea of players dropping in and out of each other’s games, and that’s carrying through into Ghost Recon Wildlands. The entire campaign can be done as a co-op experience with two to four players. (If you opt to play solo, your teammates will be AI-controlled minions that you can order around).

After the game’s E3 presentation showed off the potential for making mayhem with your friends, Ubisoft’s latest video release is a 20 minute clip of solo play. There’s a command wheel for giving direct orders to your AI squad members so they don’t accidentally blow your stealthy approach or wander directly into enemy sights. Lead game designer Dominic Butler explains that the AI characters will also adapt their responses to your own style of play. The video also shows off some of the many options Ghost Recon promises for customization and the game’s lush jungle setting.

The multiplayer approach seems most likely to deliver on memorable moments. GamesRadar’s Leon Hurley got a chance to play several missions during E3 2016, and found himself occasionally yelling at his colleagues when the carefully laid plans went pear-shaped.

Ghost Recon Wildlands’ characters and customization options make things personal

The most recent updates from Ubisoft have been all about customizing your Ghosts. Appearances can be altered to include beards or bandanas. Just about every detail of your appearance and gear can be tweaked, so you can role-play yourself or create the alter ego of your dreams. And of course, weapon loadouts can also be carefully curated to your taste.

Ubisoft also released introductions to the base characters that you can work with in your squad when opting to play solo. Nice to meet your minions in advance. 

Thanks to Durden & Osho for helping with the early info

Anybody been playing Co-op?

I've tried playing co-op with some strangers as i was bored of playing by myself and my god the idiots out there are just as stupid as those on GTA:O just running in rambo style getting themselves killed or alerting the guards before everybody was in position or shooting an unsilenced weapon when we're trying to do a stealth attack
  • Payne Killer, bat-freak joe and Osiris Owner like this

Durden
  • Durden

Jack's blatant honesty

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 June 2015 - 04:05 PM Edited by Durden, 16 June 2015 - 04:07 PM.

INFO

-Can play solo or up to 4 player co-op.

-Takes place few years after 2015

-Arsenal still has state-of-the-art military tech like drones, which serve as instruments to tag & attack enemies.

-Strategy example: attack during the night to conceal yourself, or during day for a better view of enemies.

-Interactions with factions (local rebels & military officials & civilians) will affect your goals, providing help or presenting setbacks.

More info/sources:

Official forum:  http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/872-Ghost-Recon-Wildlands 

UbiBlog:           http://blog.ubi.com/...ands-announced/

---------------------------------

This trailer definitely turned around what was an otherwise disappointing E3 2015. This game has no shortage of ambition & potential; let's just hope the open world has plenty of side-content/activities that bring the world to life, opposed to it being a lifeless map like Just Cause.

This looks like the Mercenaries 3 game I always wanted but would never get because Pandemic shut down. Consider me hyped.

• Ai®a©ob®a and Payne Killer like this

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

f*ck you

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 16 June 2015 - 04:24 PM

Anyone here hoping they keep Gunsmith from Future Soldier?

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:02 PM

Looks like it will be SP or Multi. might be the first shooting game i buy in ages

Mista J
  • Mista J

I can't wait to show you my toys...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:24 PM

Like the idea for this. I'll be watching for updates, looks interesting.

Reminded me a bit of Savages.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation

• European-Union
  • Best Moderator 2016
    Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:03 PM

If this truly is a seamless massive open world like they show in the trailer I'll be picking it up for sure. World looks absolutely beautiful, gameplay looks great as well. I'm a sucker for these kind of wide open nature heavy settings for open world games, infinitely more interesting than city based open world games to me.

Please don't cock it up, Ubisoft.

• Payne Killer and Vik like this

MyName'sJeff
  • MyName'sJeff

Schmidt f*cked the Captain's daughter!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 June 2015 - 08:04 PM

If this lives upto what they've shown, this could for me personally, be the GTA killer even though they are different in some ways. I can definitely dig this as a GTA competitor. Mixed between FPS and TPS is fantastic, visually it is f*cking insane and I hope the SP is good likewise with the MP.

Grantestos
  • Grantestos

FireBender

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 17 June 2015 - 04:08 AM

GTA killer

Yeah like W_D was a GTAV killer or Far Cry is the only legit first person open world game
I like the idea of ghost recon but its Ubisoft man...
I dont think there ll be a gta killer from Ubisoft ever
  • gtamann123, Vik and otachi like this

Landotel
  • Landotel

RED DEAD 3 HYPE TRAIN (Just Kidding f*ck TAKE TWO)

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 17 June 2015 - 04:53 AM

• Payne Killer likes this

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

You Sir, Do Not Praise The Sun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 June 2015 - 07:03 PM Edited by esmittystud101, 21 June 2015 - 06:11 PM.

I have no idea when this will release but it looks good. I'm so lost right now, The Division, Rainbow Six: Seige, now Ghost Recon Wildlands. Which to get? All? Maybe. But if I had to rank them just by there gameplay trailers this would be the order:

1. Ghost Recon Wildlands
2. Rainbow Six: Siege
3. The Division

The Division just keeps falling on my list of games I want in general. Not sure why though.

Osiris Owner
  • Osiris Owner

Nathan Drake has passed away from a coma.

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 18 June 2015 - 02:02 AM Edited by Osiris Owner, 18 June 2015 - 02:03 AM.

This is the game that IMHO won E3 (would say Shenmue too but I haven't played the old ones, they seem interesting).

Just Cause 3 ain't got sh*t on this, even though I want that too.

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 18 June 2015 - 02:48 AM

Wildlands, is the first to take place in a freely explorable landscape. But instead of adopting the usual approach of providing a main through-line of story missions, backed up with side quests (as in games like Far Cry and Grand Theft Auto), Wildlands has no fixed narrative at all. Instead, players ¨C taking part alone or with three friends ¨C will be able to travel the world¡¯s nine different environments, taking on missions in any order they want.
[..]
There are no cinematic sequences to drive the plot.
[..]
Similarly to Far Cry 2, it seems players will be able to meet different military and political factions in the game, influencing their allegiances and behaviours along the way. "The choices you make will have an impact on the world in the medium- and long-term,¡± said Couzian. ¡°You can manipulate the balance between the factions."

Getting back to Far Cry 2 roots with Ghost Recon ( 2001 ) freedom = Wildlands :^:
Oh bloody yes! I am so excited just reading the early details.
This is like dream come true. Ultimate freedom and sandbox creativity in an open world is all I need and care about.
They should make an extra effort in giving full modding support too.
Seriously, Ubisoft has just won me over this. Don't disappoint me.
  • Raavi and Payne Killer like this

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

f*ck you

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 18 June 2015 - 02:53 AM

I've always wanted a game like this, I'm hoping Ubisoft doesn't screw up.

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 18 June 2015 - 04:47 AM Edited by Osho, 18 June 2015 - 05:20 AM.

Here's an Open Letter to Our Fans thread @ Ubisoft forums sharing their excitement for the next Ghost title, but more importantly, "invited eight members of the community to the studio and gave them the opportunity to play the game and provide feedback. You will soon know their reactions and thoughts from spending time in Wildlands. Together, we talked about our vision for the future of Ghost Recon"

The list of the members are all die hard GR fans, esp. the original Ghost Recon ( 2001 ) titles.
So, anyone interested to learn more from the mouths of the fans themselves, then keep an eye on Ubisoft forums, and as well, the ghostrecon.net ( where the members are most active ).
It would be really great to find out what the members think.
Can't wait. :)

[ edit ]

Here's an early impression written by AI BLUEFOX, one of the invitees.
- "The environment is not just a massive open world mission sand box it is populated with neutrals and protagonists that work to a set of behavioural systems that change and develop as you make choices about how to conduct your mission objectives. Kill civilians and they will help you less or even turn on you, fail to take out enemy assets and expect them to be better mobilised against you. It really does have the makings of a classic"

Here'sWildlands Ask Me Anything Started by Rocky @ ghostrecon.net.
- No futuristic overlays, on HUD!
- At this point now many many gameplay decisions have not been made, the game is still around 18 months away, so they are very much including fan feedback at a productive point. Now is time to shape this game.
- MP will be in
- It's a live living world with 24 hour day night routines. Go in at night, and folks are in the beds.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None
  • Best Poster [Gaming] 2016
    Best Poster [Gaming] 2015
    Best Poster [Gaming] 2014

Posted 18 June 2015 - 07:54 AM

I approve.

If movement and controls are fluid and smooth, that will greatly help it. GRAW1+2 were great games but suffered with bad controls and sluggish movement. Get that right, and the guns right and we got a winner.

Probably more of a chance of getting this sooner than getting The Division, and it in the end will probably work out as a better functioning product.

We have to have character customization though, like R6 Vegas or at least a load of decent headgear choices like in GRAW.

MyName'sJeff
  • MyName'sJeff

Schmidt f*cked the Captain's daughter!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 June 2015 - 12:15 AM

GTA killer

Yeah like W_D was a GTAV killer or Far Cry is the only legit first person open world game
I like the idea of ghost recon but its Ubisoft man...
I dont think there ll be a gta killer from Ubisoft ever

I know, I know. I realise it's Ubisoft, but like I said, if it ever lives upto what they've shown, then my conclusion speaks for itself personally. I'd rather hope for the best than fear for the worst.

uNi
  • uNi

Feroci

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Official Gang 2014 [Feroci]

Posted 19 June 2015 - 12:45 AM

I need this.

• Raavi likes this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2015 - 01:08 AM

Only thing I don't like is that it looks like you're the feds I wanna be the bad guy! Especially because It deals with drugs I want to be the drug lord lol

2cy1p3b.jpg

Ahh well It's a Ghost Recon game so of course you are going to be the good guys. I hope it's good

J-B
  • J-B

The Benz

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 19 June 2015 - 01:14 AM

A tactical open world game that isn't trying to be a simulator ? f*ck yeah.

Durden
  • Durden

Jack's blatant honesty

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2015 - 01:27 AM

Only thing I don't like is that it looks like you're the feds I wanna be the bad guy! Especially because It deals with drugs I want to be the drug lord lol

Ahh well It's a Ghost Recon game so of course you are going to be the good guys. I hope it's good

If it's any consolation, you're free to mow down as many innocent civilians as your heart desires.  :^:

Uncle_T
  • Uncle_T

Player Hater

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 19 June 2015 - 12:24 PM

Best thing i seen this e3,i have high hopes for this game

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forgetti.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 19 June 2015 - 01:13 PM Edited by The Yokel, 19 June 2015 - 01:16 PM.

It looks like fun Arma mixed with some third person Far Cry. Promising concept. But people really need to stop getting excited for Ubisoft games. It's almost a guarantee that it won't live up to original footage that shaped your expectations.

• Zello likes this

Landotel
  • Landotel

RED DEAD 3 HYPE TRAIN (Just Kidding f*ck TAKE TWO)

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 19 June 2015 - 08:39 PM

It looks like fun Arma mixed with some third person Far Cry. Promising concept. But people really need to stop getting excited for Ubisoft games. It's almost a guarantee that it won't live up to original footage that shaped your expectations.

You mean the decrease of graphics? I expect this, since it's Ubisoft's biggest game to date. Still, I wouldn't this since a graphics decrease is reasonable if it is that big.

J-B
  • J-B

The Benz

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 20 June 2015 - 12:15 AM Edited by J-B, 20 June 2015 - 12:15 AM.

Ghost Recon games have been decent over the years.

Not very popular, but solid games, so I have some hope that this won't be anther Ubisoft smoke and mirrors trick gameplay wise.

LukeMayhem
  • LukeMayhem

Project Mayhem

• Members
  • Swaziland

Posted 01 August 2015 - 02:40 PM

This game could be my "GTA killer" title, if ubisoft dont screw it up like WatchDogs and RainbowSix.
  • otachi likes this

otachi
  • otachi

Bring out the gimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2015 - 02:56 PM

Wildlands, is the first to take place in a freely explorable landscape. But instead of adopting the usual approach of providing a main through-line of story missions, backed up with side quests (as in games like Far Cry and Grand Theft Auto), Wildlands has no fixed narrative at all. Instead, players ¨C taking part alone or with three friends ¨C will be able to travel the world¡¯s nine different environments, taking on missions in any order they want.
[..]
There are no cinematic sequences to drive the plot.
[..]
Similarly to Far Cry 2, it seems players will be able to meet different military and political factions in the game, influencing their allegiances and behaviours along the way. "The choices you make will have an impact on the world in the medium- and long-term,¡± said Couzian. ¡°You can manipulate the balance between the factions."

Getting back to Far Cry 2 roots with Ghost Recon ( 2001 ) freedom = Wildlands :^:
Oh bloody yes! I am so excited just reading the early details.
This is like dream come true. Ultimate freedom and sandbox creativity in an open world is all I need and care about.
They should make an extra effort in giving full modding support too.
Seriously, Ubisoft has just won me over this. Don't disappoint me.

Far cry 2 was the worst in the series tho,even far cry 4 which shares great similarities with far cry 3 IS better than far cry 2. 

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 23 September 2015 - 10:26 AM Edited by Osho, 23 September 2015 - 10:33 AM.

In this new Ghost Recon Intel video, we reveal more information on one of our key goal with Ghost Recon Wildlands: creating an authentic game experience. By authentic, we mean creating a game true to its roots, and true to the vision of the creators of the Ghost Recon series, but also a game that is true to what the military reality is, what the drug smuggling reality is.
  • El Diablo, RedDagger and Payne Killer like this

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forgetti.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 23 September 2015 - 11:08 AM Edited by The Yokel, 23 September 2015 - 11:11 AM.

I really hope they can deliver because it looks like a tactical squad game that I always wanted. But still, it's Ubisoft. There's a million ways they can f*ck this up.

• feckyerlife and bloatedsack like this

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 23 September 2015 - 02:39 PM

Even if the game was downgraded. It won't be a good game if it has the same gameplay style of W_D and AC. I wish they would do something original Free roam wise.

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner
    Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    Quotable Notable Post of the Year 2016 ["sup"]
    Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 23 September 2015 - 04:19 PM

Yeah, I'm really hoping that this doesn't get ubisoft-ified, it looks like a great game otherwise.
  • El Diablo likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users