» «
Photo

VCS 10-Year Anniversary

567 replies to this topic
Bender ุ
  • Bender ุ

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Bender ุ, 2 weeks ago.

Yes it does have songs removed and its V2 of PS2.

Lennart -
  • Lennart -

Toni Glitchiani

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Lennart -, 2 weeks ago.

I wouldn't care about removed songs. There is the option to put your own songs as radio so I'd just download them from youtube or sth and put it in GTAVCS.
@Bender ุ
Spoiler

Lexyz.
  • Lexyz.

Vice City RAGE 1.0 Dev

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 2 weeks ago

You guys keep saying how War Drums screwed up VC and mostly SA(which is a mess especially on Android), yet you'd rather see them develop VCS instead of Lucid.I just don't get it.
And yes, GTA 3 on mobiles was a complete 'replica', which isn't necessarily a good thing.LCS however went with the remaster, which I personally liked.

Terrc87
  • Terrc87

Snitch

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Terrc87, 2 weeks ago.

I dont think R* would port VCS to the PC because not only its too late but because all the modder who trying to make actual VCS on PC will go useless. And about removed licensed Soundtrack, hope R*, would renew the soundtrack or change it iwith another one like they do in LCS but its unlikely happened since LCS Soundtrack was made on R* studio, most of them IIRC, Anyway Lucid still the best decision to port GTA VCS to mobile platform, but if R* use their 'child' which is R* Leeds to do the porting stuff for mobile platform it would be great since Lucid and War Drum have a downsides when talking about porting stuff in right "portions"

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by MorsPrincipiumEst, 2 weeks ago.

You guys keep saying how War Drums screwed up VC and mostly SA(which is a mess especially on Android), yet you'd rather see them develop VCS instead of Lucid.I just don't get it.
And yes, GTA 3 on mobiles was a complete 'replica', which isn't necessarily a good thing.LCS however went with the remaster, which I personally liked.

It's bad on iOS, too.  As I said in a previous comment about a week ago in here, the only one I actually like is CW for Mobile.  It seems the best out of the rest, yet nobody is even mentioning it.  Just the rehashed III, VC, SA, and LCS.  War Drums for III, VC, SA, and Lucid for LCS, and like you, I actually prefer LCS to the rest in terms of Mobile that War Drums has released.  A piece of my soul isn't going to be hurt if they use different Icons for Weapons or something.  That is so minor that it doesn't even deserve to be mentioned...

If I had to pick the "Best Of" from War Drums, it would be III, though.  I still don't like how it looks, though, to be honest...

At the end of the day...Do I like the game?  Yes.  Will I buy it and complete it?  Yes.  That's it.  Waiting isn't an issue for me...

• Lexyz. likes this

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

"Did you turn up to rescue Maria, or to get me back?"

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

The original versions of GTAs are obviously the best, but I must say WD did a good job on III, and they did a very good job on SA in my opinion. I still played LCS on mobile, but it's not as good as the WD ports. LCS felt like a cartoon, whereas the WD ports felt a lot more like the original games. I'd much rather WD do the VCS port than Lucid. I want to play GTA, not some 3D cartoon claiming to be GTA.

Lexyz.
  • Lexyz.

Vice City RAGE 1.0 Dev

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 2 weeks ago

I said "especially on android" because most(if not all) of the newer android devices can't run this game properly.For example, I kept running into graphical glitches(differently colored polygons) every 10 seconds or so.Not to mention the button glitches.

The VC port had potential to be better, however they decided to be lazy about it and keep the main camera angle from 3(which people don't really seem to mind for some reason), and of course the weapon icons, which just as you, I don't mind much honestly.The camera wasn't very responsive while driving, neither.Unlike in LCS.

Also, is it just me, or was Tommy ridiculously fast in the mobile version, like even faster than the other versions of the game?Perhaps I think that because I've been playing LCS more recently, which has a perfect running anim.
  • MorsPrincipiumEst and GTA_The_Series like this

GTA_The_Series
  • GTA_The_Series

Neighborhood Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by GTA_The_Series, 2 weeks ago.

Wardrum really f*cked up SA with the stupid shiny crap and that was a down for me. Also the fact they removed the spawning with the abulance and firefighters along with the airplanes spawning in the sky which was a downer for me. The same thing with during the gang wars. The gang members don't spawn in their gang cars shooting at CJ because they cut this feature from the mobile port aswell. They did the same thing with GTA VC's port. Cut both the abulance spawning and the firefighters. This was really a bummer for me for both gta ports in my prespective.

Sure, the mobile port of San Andreas was a bit meh, and the shine that they added to the characters making them look like plastic was a dumb idea. But I played Vice City on mobile and the ambulance and the firefighters DID show up. And in San Andreas on mobile, I saw some airplanes occasionally flying in the sky.
Strange. What kind of phone do you have? Android or Iphone? And what kind? Because with VC and SA none of the paramedics or firefighters spawn at all. On the consle version of these gta's, killing four or more peds would spawn the paramedics to revive them occasionally. That's not the case with the mobile ports. And when you start fires or there's exploding vehicles the firefighers don't spawn?? I'm pretty sure Wardrum had to cut this feature for whatever stupid reason. When i go on a rampage just killing peds there will be no sign of the paramedics. Wierd really, though for LCS Lucid kept this feature for their mobile port.
  • Lexyz. likes this

DJThanos
  • DJThanos

THAT'S A MEMBER TITLE

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 2 weeks ago

I just hope Weekend and This Time Baby don't get cut from Paradise FM. War Drums Studios did an excellent job with Bully imo, but I don't have any GTA game in mobile except LCS which is ported by Lucid (which is also excellent except the reflections and shadows)
  • Ivan1997GTA likes this

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Spam Commando 2017
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Tomasak, 2 weeks ago.

Gotta love ppl comparing SA with LCS, since SA is not only hugher but also LCS is originally developed for handheld.

Yes SA is nowdays unstable, but like till version 1.05 it run fine. + iirc R* is developing the newer patches, not wardrum.

And what so bad about LCS by lucid? Unfitting "HD" and stolen textures, bad art direction for loading screens and menu (War Drum could do menu and loading screen in VC and SA with 4:3 and 16:9 support). + controls for drive by are literally sh*t. One button for looking to side and shooting was perfect fit for touch screen, no need to change it. + the 60FPS option on Nvidia devices and better iOS devices. Who thought it's a good idea, when the game is optimized for 30FPS, so some elements are speed up, slowed down or straight broken in more than 30FPS.

War Drum gave nice detail effect to grass, wood and concrete so it looked more detailed without touching the textures. Bad thing was the shiny effect on peds in SA. Also in III and VC War Drum added free camera to cars and for Tommy.

• GTA_The_Series and Ivan1997GTA like this

GTA_The_Series
  • GTA_The_Series

Neighborhood Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

And what so bad about LCS by lucid? Unfitting "HD" and stolen textures, bad art direction for loading screens and menu (War Drum could do menu and loading screen in VC and SA with 4:3 and 16:9 support). + controls for drive by are literally sh*t. One button for looking to side and shooting was perfect fit for touch screen, no need to change it. + the 60FPS option on Nvidia devices and better iOS devices. Who thought it's a good idea, when the game is optimized for 30FPS, so some elements are speed up, slowed down or straight broken in more than 30FPS.

Grate point :^: I almost forgot that doing drive by's in LCS were a pain in the damn ass. I don't how many times during police chases have i f*cked up and either died or aressted because of the horrible buttons. The same when i remember doing vigilante missions. Damn i messed up so many times with these side missons. Drive by controls were clunky af :whuh: Lucid should've stayed with the drive by controls from War drums ports.
  • Ivan1997GTA likes this

Mr_Rager
  • Mr_Rager

Cosmic Warrior

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Gave up waiting and got the PSP version lol. Better off, a port wouldn't give you these orange hues.

20171001_175911.jpg
  • FilipCRO and Ivan1997GTA like this

Darealbandicoot
  • Darealbandicoot

Strange and exotic sailor

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Gave up waiting and got the PSP version lol. Better off, a port wouldn't give you these orange hues.

20171001_175911.jpg

True plus you have all the music intact.
  • Ivan1997GTA, Mr_Rager and InkJaw like this

Auxillary VII
  • Auxillary VII

Player Hater

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 2 weeks ago

I can't deal with the psp versions framerate

FilipCRO
  • FilipCRO

I ❤ Vice City

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 2 weeks ago

I don't remember any bad framerate while playing on my PSP Slim many years ago. Though I had a CFW on my PSP, the game (ISO) was running off a memory stick (much better and faster than UMD) and I had increased CPU clock to 333 in the CFW so that games run better.

It will probably still be better than on many android phones lol.

Lexyz.
  • Lexyz.

Vice City RAGE 1.0 Dev

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 2 weeks ago

I don't remember any bad framerate while playing on my PSP Slim many years ago. Though I had a CFW on my PSP, the game (ISO) was running off a memory stick (much better and faster than UMD) and I had increased CPU clock to 333 in the CFW so that games run better.
It will probably still be better than on many android phones lol.
PSP Slim?

Auxillary VII
  • Auxillary VII

Player Hater

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 2 weeks ago

I recently got cfw for my psp 1000 because my umd drive broke and I change the clock to 333, still lag but not as bad as before
Also, is it only me or did other people get occasional frame drops in LCS mobile?

Ivan1997GTA
  • Ivan1997GTA

Proud to Be Loud

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 2 weeks ago

Gotta love ppl comparing SA with LCS, since SA is not only hugher but also LCS is originally developed for handheld.

Yes SA is nowdays unstable, but like till version 1.05 it run fine. + iirc R* is developing the newer patches, not wardrum.

War Drum gave nice detail effect to grass, wood and concrete so it looked more detailed without touching the textures. Bad thing was the shiny effect on peds in SA. Also in III and VC War Drum added free camera to cars and for Tommy.

Well, at least Lucid added some nice weather effects that weren't present in other mobile ports of GTA games, like fog and whatnot. If Lucid ends up developing the mobile port of Vice City Stories with updated textures, they'd most likely use car textures from the Xbox port of the original Vice City. They better not touch anything else, like the weapon icons.

GTA_The_Series
  • GTA_The_Series

Neighborhood Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Well, at least Lucid added some nice weather effects that weren't present in other mobile ports of GTA games, like fog and whatnot. If Lucid ends up developing the mobile port of Vice City Stories with updated textures, they'd most likely use car textures from the Xbox port of the original Vice City. They better not touch anything else, like the weapon icons.
That was the one positive thing from them. Other gta ports from wardrum didn't bother adding the big clouds the game forms during the mid-day. Obviously the console version has these affects. Still though didn't really bother me for not having these affects.

AmyGirl
  • AmyGirl

Player Hater

• Members
  • Norway

Posted A week ago

hope they release it anyway this game is underrated and it is my favourite from the storyline to the scenery played every grand theft auto game since the beginning and this game deserves a mobile port sadly underrated game and it would also make sense to release it because it will finish the 3D era on mobile. have to wait and see I guess though I heard it will be getting a PS4 port so kinda gives me hope for mobile

JamesG
  • JamesG

GoodFellas

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

I'm just sitting here still waiting for VCS and LCS to be ported to PS4 in HD like the III-era games were... 

gts.
  • gts.

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Nothing to do with VCS 10th anniversary... but what happened with the PS4 emulation versions?

finnario
  • finnario

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

Why won't they just release it on the PC already? We all know GTA Vice City Stories and LCS are the best Grand Theft Auto's yet...

Auxillary VII
  • Auxillary VII

Player Hater

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted A week ago

finnario, VCS and LCS are PlayStation exclusive.

Lexyz.
  • Lexyz.

Vice City RAGE 1.0 Dev

• Members
  • Romania

Posted A week ago

finnario, VCS and LCS are PlayStation exclusive.

I don't think Sony would have anything against them porting it to other mobile devices, since we got LCS on Android/iOS

• Ivan1997GTA, tedk2 and Hugh-Jazz like this

Darealbandicoot
  • Darealbandicoot

Strange and exotic sailor

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

VCS has been pulled from the ps3 ps store for a while now while LCS is still there. Soundtrack is butchered confirmed as R* only pull them to edit the soundtrack😩
  • Ivan1997GTA likes this

Auxillary VII
  • Auxillary VII

Player Hater

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted A week ago

Lexyz that is true but I only think they would only be ported to mobile devices
  • Ivan1997GTA likes this

ROCKSTAR MANIC
  • ROCKSTAR MANIC

The Vice City Coke Baron

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 hours ago Edited by ROCKSTAR MANIC, 18 hours ago.

Holy sh*t, right at this moment, I'm listening to the emotion 98.3 soundtrack on youtube. There are some gems on here that are so memorable when the first time i played this game that fall of 2007. Memories that will last forever.

• Lexyz. likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users