Quantcast

» «
Photo

VCS 10-Year Anniversary

435 replies to this topic
SMACKED!
  • SMACKED!

You've been sent to the nearest hospital.

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

What's the trauma with a VCS release for mobile devices? If R* wants to do it, they will do it. Patience is the key, bumping the topic with "any hint in the 10th anniversary of VCS?" will do nothing. But to be honest, it seems that R* forgot about it.

Right?  I come to read it, thinking there is news on it, yet continue to read the same old stuff about music being in it or not in it.  Like you said, PATIENCE...Does anyone have it?

Patience is a virtue I do not possess.

Kane49
  • Kane49

The Original Balla OG / aka ~iiCriminnaaL

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Kane49, 3 weeks ago.

GTA VCS was the most underrated GTA game, maybe because people got bored, because they already saw many features of it in SA and LCS, and like LCS, both of them were set in a city that's already used. Dunno, but maybe that's it, or maybe because most of the %100's completion protocol is built of side-missions, while storyline missions are only 59. (around %30.)

Why I'm saying that? Because that would be a reason for R* to not release a mobile edition for it, if they will not receive some decent pays.

Still, there's a chance, let's be patient and wait till 2017 ends (or at least till late November), if they didn't release it, then it would be mostly cancelled.

Hope they'll do release it again, it's my second favorite game of the series, just after San Andreas.

• Light Syde Riandy and Ivan1997GTA like this

Fooking
  • Fooking

you fooking w0t m9?

• BUSTED!
  • Germany

Posted 3 weeks ago

I hope it'll get released on Mobile, although I highly doubt it...
  • Ivan1997GTA, DimitriFaustin and Kane49 like this

Bender ุ
  • Bender ุ

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Bender ุ, 3 weeks ago.

They will after HL3

DJThanos
  • DJThanos

THAT'S A MEMBER TITLE

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 3 weeks ago

When Online's servers are shut down

Or after they've ran out of shark cards.
  • DoctorMike likes this

Nss
  • Nss

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

LCS sold more than VCS because it was the first gta game on the psp, and on top of that VCS came out after the sixth generation and was overshadowed by games that were released at the time. I've got a feeling VCS would sell more on the play/app store than LCS, its a far superior game. I have bought LCS on play store, I never got around to play it but the game is just terrible, couldn't finish it, but I understand that people can be blinded by nostalgia. Anyway, rockstar and take two made billions off gta v, do they really care about that million they could make if VCS sold well?
  • Kane49 likes this

Kane49
  • Kane49

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Kane49, 2 weeks ago.

I still have some big hope of seeing VCS again, you know why? Yes, R* didn't release it in 2016, I guess because it was filled of bugs, especially map bugs, and most of players know that, not to mention that they were working on Bully and releasing GTA Online DLCs (it's mostly a secondary issue). Also, they already released all of the other 3D era games, cancelling the last one of them won't make a sense.

Hope we get it back, but totally fixed, and uhm... original, unlike GTA LCS, many players said that Lucid Games stole modder works and put it in their game, as well as copying GTA 3 and VC weapon icons, just turning them into white/light grey.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

DJThanos
  • DJThanos

THAT'S A MEMBER TITLE

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 2 weeks ago

Lucid Games* Yeah weapon icons is true, I have no idea about modder stuff though
  • Kane49 likes this

catfromnesbox
  • catfromnesbox

Trick

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by catfromnesbox, 2 weeks ago.

Hope we get it back, but totally fixed, and uhm... original, unlike GTA LCS, many players said that Lucid Games stole modder works and put it in their game, as well as copying GTA 3 and VC weapon icons, just turning them into white/light grey.

Lucid Games stole modder works? if thats so then where Lucid took all remastered lcs peds and who would made a mods for the game that is not on PC?

Jacobic_☢
  • Jacobic_☢

Still an Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 2 weeks ago

I wanted the multiplayer function from the PSP. Well, since lcs is out there, there wont be nothing more what I expected.

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Spam Commando 2017
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]

Posted 2 weeks ago

Well lucid done LCS. Year after we got Bully from War drum again, which had MP feature. Some minigames, but still. Hope aint dead yet :)

• RM76 and Kane49 like this

Kane49
  • Kane49

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Lucid Games stole modder works? if thats so then where Lucid took all remastered lcs peds and who would made a mods for the game that is not on PC?

I dunno, that's what I heard. There's a GTA LCS PC Edition for GTA VC, so maybe there're some HD mods or so.

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Spam Commando 2017
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]

Posted 2 weeks ago

Yes they stole from modders. And even from different IPs like yakuza http://gtaforums.com...g/?p=1068340790and some from gta 3 xbox mod http://gtaforums.com...g/?p=1068416372

• RM76 and Kane49 like this

Bender ุ
  • Bender ุ

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Also they used radio converter to convert it to mobile version

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 2 weeks ago

Also they used radio converter to convert it to mobile version

For the Radio they had the masters (and were actually the best quality we've had for a 3D era GTA game), but for everything else, they used MFAudio to convert audio from the PS2 version. But that's not just Lucid, War Drum ripped GTA audio from the PC version, even using SAAT to get audio from SA (which made me angry since it's already lossy and they did a bad conversion job).
  • RM76 likes this

DJThanos
  • DJThanos

THAT'S A MEMBER TITLE

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 2 weeks ago

Is that why sirens in both SA and LCS mobile sound like PS1 quality?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users