» «
Photo

VCS 10-Year Anniversary

384 replies to this topic
Viceci
  • Viceci

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 June 2015 - 09:19 PM Edited by Viceci, 10 December 2015 - 03:32 AM.

In 2016, what would you like to see Rockstar give us on VCS 10-year anniversary?

I would personally love to see a PC release. I seriously doubt it will happen, but I would love for it to. Many people have wanted LCS and VCS on PC for a long time.

• SceneQueen, Pastry, NerdFox and 4 others like this

Sweet Bellic
  • Sweet Bellic

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Finland

Posted 14 June 2015 - 09:53 PM

I hope it too but I think it will not happen sadly.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 14 June 2015 - 11:28 PM

I'd prefer a Mobile release on iOS/Android, considering III, VC, SA, and CTW are on iOS/Android.  Furthermore, I own LCS and VCS for PS2/3, anyways...

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:37 AM

I wished it happened, especially with a PC Release.

• Slax_Vice86, frostbiT, Mega and 4 others like this

Viceci
  • Viceci

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 December 2015 - 08:58 PM Edited by Viceci, 01 December 2015 - 09:01 PM.

I wished it happened, especially with a PC Release.

next halloween is gta vcs 10th yearanniversary. . 

• Vice City criminal and Sweet Bellic like this

Mercury_
  • Mercury_

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 December 2015 - 04:50 PM

This topic is so active, okay, actually not. However I hope so that R* (or an another developer) a mobile port makes.. Eventually a (better)

PC-port. 

• Pastry and Sweet Bellic like this

sammystarock
  • sammystarock

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 December 2015 - 06:49 PM

Special anniversary jobs for GTA Online.

Hurray! Yay. Err. Ugh.

• Pastry and AjdarFan like this

gts.
  • gts.

Please do not walk on the grass

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 December 2015 - 07:31 PM Edited by gts., 02 December 2015 - 07:32 PM.

Hoping the POSSIBLE port will not be crappy as III, VC and SA mobile, X360 and the new-brand PS3 version.

The same thing for the possible port for LCS too.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

GTA_The_Series
  • GTA_The_Series

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 December 2015 - 01:49 AM Edited by GTA_The_Series, 03 December 2015 - 02:49 PM.

Heh...I highly doubt this. Considering the fact that R* didn't give any crap about LCS's birthday what makes you think there going to celebrate VCS's birthday?

Helegad
  • Helegad

Completionist

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 December 2015 - 01:03 PM Edited by Helegad, 03 December 2015 - 01:04 PM.

Hoping the POSSIBLE port will not be crappy as III, VC and SA mobile, X360 and the new-brand PS3 version.

The same thing for the possible port for LCS too.

Won't ever be ported, unless Liberty City Stories is released with it or before it, and proves to be profitable.

Don't expect anything decent though. They won't even fix the unusable garages.

• Vice City criminal likes this

Mince
  • Mince

Ménage à trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 07 December 2015 - 02:41 AM

It would be pretty awesome if this game was ported to PC and all of its outstanding glitches were fixed, such as the aforementioned garages, the slow boats, broken melee combat, general lag in areas like the Fairground, and many more that I've forgotten over the years. However, I seriously doubt that will happen, given the problems all other GTA games on PC have (III, VC and SA only playing properly at 25 FPS, IV using the now-defunct GFWL and having bad performance).

It's a shame, given that this game has an excellent soundtrack, some pretty good graphics (the PSP version at least), and overall provides a lot of good memories (for me at least).

• Sweet Bellic likes this

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 10 December 2015 - 10:27 PM

Already was fixed with the PS2 Version.  My Garages are perfect.  I have 4 Special Vehicles inside each Garage and 3 Saves in total giving me 36 Special Vehicles for VCS across 3 100% Saves (Just like 6 Saves in LCS with 72 Special Vehicles).  I know you aren't into collecting, but I can assure you that VCS has no Garage Problem.  This was fixed for PS2 and only is on the PSP.  If they port it to Mobile, I kinda feel like they would use the PS2 Version, including LCS.  IF, they used the PSP Version of LCS for Android/iOS, though, I'd actually be quite happy since that is the better Version in regards to LCS.  But for VCS, the PS2 Version is perfect and everything from PSP, especially the Garage problem has been fixed since 2006...

CynicalRise
  • CynicalRise

like home

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 December 2015 - 04:31 PM

WE WANT A GODDAMNED PC PORT! Or a PS4 port, as long as it's not on Xbox One, because we all know that the XONE is not actually a console.

Mince
  • Mince

Ménage à trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2015 - 04:39 PM

Already was fixed with the PS2 Version.  My Garages are perfect.  I have 4 Special Vehicles inside each Garage and 3 Saves in total giving me 36 Special Vehicles for VCS across 3 100% Saves (Just like 6 Saves in LCS with 72 Special Vehicles).  I know you aren't into collecting, but I can assure you that VCS has no Garage Problem.  This was fixed for PS2 and only is on the PSP.  If they port it to Mobile, I kinda feel like they would use the PS2 Version, including LCS.  IF, they used the PSP Version of LCS for Android/iOS, though, I'd actually be quite happy since that is the better Version in regards to LCS.  But for VCS, the PS2 Version is perfect and everything from PSP, especially the Garage problem has been fixed since 2006...

Garages still do not repair destroyed vehicles in the PS2 version, however. That is something that should be fixed in a hypothetical port. There are some other differences between the versions as well. The PSP version has subjectively more realistic sunsets and color correction. The hands/fingers on the characters are detailed in the cutscenes on PSP; in the PS2 version, they go back to the blocky look of previous games. The PS2 version has a new sound and increased blood effects for the chainsaw as well, but it doesn't perform any better. The PSP version is the only one with multiplayer, while the PS2 has a few exclusive missions and rampages and such, as well as an ugly trails option.

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Spam Commando 2017
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]

Posted 11 December 2015 - 05:05 PM

The hands/fingers on the characters are detailed in the cutscenes on PSP; in the PS2 version, they go back to the blocky look of previous games.

Wat. You sure you played the PS2 version?

• AjdarFan likes this

ROCKSTAR MANIC
  • ROCKSTAR MANIC

The Vice City Coke Baron

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 December 2015 - 04:39 PM

I would really want a pc for both games. Just to see what cut content they had. Im more interested on that. I guess we should all lobby to get these two games to pc now that theres going to be a mobile version.

Mince
  • Mince

Ménage à trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 12 December 2015 - 05:00 PM Edited by Mince, 12 December 2015 - 05:03 PM.

The hands/fingers on the characters are detailed in the cutscenes on PSP; in the PS2 version, they go back to the blocky look of previous games.

I played the heck out of both versions for years following their original release. When this website still kept track of what forum you had the most posts in, I had at least 1,000 in this VCS forum. From my recollection the graphics were definitely a downgrade on PS2. I can't test it at the moment as my PS2 is stored somewhere in my closet, unfortunately.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 17 December 2015 - 01:01 PM

Since LCS was released for iOS and Google Play Store today and soon Android, I am hoping we see VCS in the near future, as well! :)

I like these Mobile Ports.  When VCS is released, I will have III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, and CW all on my iPhone 6 and these are my favorite 6 GTA's in the Series, so having all 6 on iOS is gonna be cool.  III, VC, SA, and CW are finished to 100% and all, so now it's time for LCS and then VCS in the future once it's released! :)

catfromnesbox
  • catfromnesbox

Trick

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 17 December 2015 - 03:52 PM Edited by catfromnesbox, 17 December 2015 - 03:53 PM.

i hope they put pick ups for land mine. in this game the land mine is stable to use and it has own icon

Helegad
  • Helegad

Completionist

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 December 2015 - 04:23 PM Edited by Helegad, 17 December 2015 - 04:24 PM.

I played the heck out of both versions for years following their original release. When this website still kept track of what forum you had the most posts in, I had at least 1,000 in this VCS forum. From my recollection the graphics were definitely a downgrade on PS2. I can't test it at the moment as my PS2 is stored somewhere in my closet, unfortunately.

I don't recall seeing any noticeable downgrade in LCS graphics on PS2. The higher resolution + texture filtering made it look quite good. That said, I haven't played it enough to come to a conclusion.

VCS however, looks fantastic on PS2. I was really impressed with what I saw.

Stoney0503
  • Stoney0503

Buster, Straight Buster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 17 December 2015 - 06:50 PM

i hope they put pick ups for land mine. in this game the land mine is stable to use and it has own icon

They'll probably update the HUD icon and not actually add it in, they did that with the Phone, Jetpack and Skateboard icons with the 10th anniversary version of SA

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Spam Commando 2017
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]

Posted 17 December 2015 - 07:00 PM

I got secret sneak peek

YflxP6G.png

• 018361, Original Light, CartmanKusanagi and 16 others like this

Inadequate
  • Inadequate

Midnight Emulator

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 17 December 2015 - 07:56 PM

I got secret sneak peek

Spoiler

Hmmm, Tomasak = War Drum Studios dev? Illuminati confirmed.

OT: I'm very sure War Drum Studios is already working on VCS, for sure.

catfromnesbox
  • catfromnesbox

Trick

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 18 December 2015 - 10:48 AM

what they will add in vcs is oil effect on characters,car reflection,ugly gta iii weapon icons,realistic hand,dynamic shadows, half of the textures will be improved and other half will be same as ps2 and some songs will be deleted.

Mister Leone
  • Mister Leone

Lost Forever

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2015 - 07:34 PM Edited by Canadian Badass, 18 December 2015 - 07:35 PM.

Hope next years mobile port will have an intact soundtrack. It's also hard to believe that this game will be nearly a decade old. LCS turning ten was hard enough on me! :)

I'm in the minority that think Vice City circa 1984 looked better than the 1986 version. I loved the dark oranges and purples. The way colors popped on the PSP. So I also am hoping they don't go crazy with the graphical enhancements.
  • Slax_Vice86, Payne Killer and gluserty like this

ermaccer
  • ermaccer

I can mod everything.

• Facade Corporation
  • Poland

Posted 18 December 2015 - 08:10 PM

Probably they will remove best songs, as they did with some games.

catfromnesbox
  • catfromnesbox

Trick

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 19 December 2015 - 10:49 AM

why wont R* buy new license? it wont take much money and yet R* has billion dollars 

Inadequate
  • Inadequate

Midnight Emulator

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 19 December 2015 - 09:00 PM

why wont R* buy new license? it wont take much money and yet R* has billion dollars 

Because they will not invert again on an old game.

ermaccer
  • ermaccer

I can mod everything.

• Facade Corporation
  • Poland

Posted 19 December 2015 - 09:44 PM

Because they will not invert again on an old game.
^This makes sense.

Slax_Vice86
  • Slax_Vice86

Vice City Pedestrian

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 22 December 2015 - 10:20 AM

Hope next years mobile port will have an intact soundtrack. It's also hard to believe that this game will be nearly a decade old. LCS turning ten was hard enough on me! :)

I'm in the minority that think Vice City circa 1984 looked better than the 1986 version. I loved the dark oranges and purples. The way colors popped on the PSP. So I also am hoping they don't go crazy with the graphical enhancements.

While the city itself is something I have mixed feelings about(on which I like the most, I mean), I still consider the skies in VCS to be the most beautiful on the entire series(and I praise the s**t out of V whenever a sunset reminds me of VCS). I even install it as a mod for SA!

So... I'll have to agree with you on this one. It definitely looks better than the '86 rendition... If Rockstar remakes VC in the HD Universe, these skies need to be a thing!  :santa:

• Mikeol2014, Perez84, Maibatsu545 and 3 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users