but they also will technically be sitting on a shelf waiting god knows how long. besides, even if you do release it on V, you will still be releasing to a fairly limited market compared if you were to also release on IV. as there are many many people who cant simply afford V or a computer that can run it. Wouldnt you want to expand outwards more in order to gain more support? or is V just going to be your magnum opus? plus due to V still being updated, you will have to deal with pockets of time where the mod will lose compatibility due to an update or that R* could change the file encryption to be even stronger on Take2's behalf which will cause your mod to cease functioning completely...
Its always good to have a backup plan you can fall back on. IV being that plan. better to be safe than sorry.
My backup plan is always going to be IV. It's not complicated to convert models to IV, and the IDE/WPL is already in IV since it needs to be converted from there. I'd rather stick to the newest and best engine. I don't have plans to convert this to IV at the moment, maybe something will change later but for right now I'm sticking to V.
wouldn't there be a way to maybe merge some objects so you can have more space?
for example merge ocean view exterior with interior and stuff like that
It's not about the model count, you can raise that with gameconfig.xml. Its about the poly/texture file count. Combining models would make no difference.