Vice Cry: Remastered

V WIP
117 replies to this topic
Mr.Arrow
  • Mr.Arrow

God Save the Penis

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 August 2016 - 04:52 PM Edited by Mr.Arrow, 05 August 2016 - 04:53 PM.

I have started to work on this mod again using Zmodeler3 and multifive, not the most ideal method but its all we have for now. Although I am limited to the amount of HD models in the game due to no LODS, I can still fix a lot of bugs and improve the mod overall. The next update is mainly focused on Night Life for Vice City, with custom neons and lights made by me, along with some other changes and fixes. Glad to be back on this project  :) Expect an update soon  :)

Here is some screens showcasing the update:

.YTYP and .YMAP can't come soon enough  :beerhat:

lunchxbles
  • lunchxbles

Vice City in V

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Character 2016 [Niko Bellic Ped] [Contribution]

Posted 05 August 2016 - 04:57 PM

I have started to work on this mod again using Zmodeler3 and multifive, not the most ideal method but its all we have for now. Although I am limited to the amount of HD models in the game due to no LODS, I can still fix a lot of bugs and improve the mod overall. The next update is mainly focused on Night Life for Vice City, with custom neons and lights made by me, along with some other changes and fixes. Glad to be back on this project  :) Expect an update soon  :)

.YTYP and .YMAP can't come soon enough  :beerhat:

Tell me about it  :panic:

• BlackScout likes this

Vikki_Suicide
  • Vikki_Suicide

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 August 2016 - 03:00 PM

This does look awesome but I dunno, I think Vice City needs that 80's flair to it, I dunno if the weather fits it...

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

Spilled coffee on Laptop. no more mods

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2016 - 07:59 AM

I have started to work on this mod again using Zmodeler3 and multifive, not the most ideal method but its all we have for now. Although I am limited to the amount of HD models in the game due to no LODS, I can still fix a lot of bugs and improve the mod overall. The next update is mainly focused on Night Life for Vice City, with custom neons and lights made by me, along with some other changes and fixes. Glad to be back on this project :) Expect an update soon :)

Spoiler

why not just port to IV until proper model editing comes?
  • 65536 likes this

lunchxbles
  • lunchxbles

Vice City in V

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2016 - 05:07 PM Edited by lunchxbles, 13 August 2016 - 05:11 PM.

I have started to work on this mod again using Zmodeler3 and multifive, not the most ideal method but its all we have for now. Although I am limited to the amount of HD models in the game due to no LODS, I can still fix a lot of bugs and improve the mod overall. The next update is mainly focused on Night Life for Vice City, with custom neons and lights made by me, along with some other changes and fixes. Glad to be back on this project :) Expect an update soon :)

Spoiler

Because all the models that I make in V are already in the correct format for when ymap/ ytyp editing comes. I don't know if there will be a simple batch converter, FiveM's is good but there is some issues that using zmodeler fixes, such as broken bounds, incorrect shaders, and renaming the inner model dummy to "lovely" which doesn't make it easy to fix multiple models at one time because you have to rename them all. If I continue to use V has a base then all my models will be converted properly ready to be placed.

DamnedDev
  • DamnedDev

Gaming That Damned

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2016 - 04:30 AM

Spoiler

Because all the models that I make in V are already in the correct format for when ymap/ ytyp editing comes. I don't know if there will be a simple batch converter, FiveM's is good but there is some issues that using zmodeler fixes, such as broken bounds, incorrect shaders, and renaming the inner model dummy to "lovely" which doesn't make it easy to fix multiple models at one time because you have to rename them all. If I continue to use V has a base then all my models will be converted properly ready to be placed.

Lol NTA trolling with the lovely thing.

• Jestic, BlackScout and lunchxbles like this

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2016 - 09:44 AM Edited by Ss4gogeta0, 14 August 2016 - 09:48 AM.

Spoiler

but they also will technically be sitting on a shelf waiting god knows how long. besides, even if you do release it on V, you will still be releasing to a fairly limited market compared if you were to also release on IV. as there are many many people who cant simply afford V or a computer that can run it. Wouldnt you want to expand outwards more in order to gain more support? or is V just going to be your magnum opus? plus due to V still being updated, you will have to deal with pockets of time where the mod will lose compatibility due to an update or that R* could change the file encryption to be even stronger on Take2's behalf which will cause your mod to cease functioning completely...

Its always good to have a backup plan you can fall back on. IV being that plan. better to be safe than sorry.

HeySlickThatsMe
  • HeySlickThatsMe

Aiden penirse gives Jordi chink a T-Boner

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 14 August 2016 - 01:06 PM

wouldn't there be a way to maybe merge some objects so you can have more space?

for example merge ocean view exterior with interior and stuff like that

lunchxbles
  • lunchxbles

Vice City in V

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2016 - 12:28 AM Edited by lunchxbles, 15 August 2016 - 12:29 AM.

but they also will technically be sitting on a shelf waiting god knows how long. besides, even if you do release it on V, you will still be releasing to a fairly limited market compared if you were to also release on IV. as there are many many people who cant simply afford V or a computer that can run it. Wouldnt you want to expand outwards more in order to gain more support? or is V just going to be your magnum opus? plus due to V still being updated, you will have to deal with pockets of time where the mod will lose compatibility due to an update or that R* could change the file encryption to be even stronger on Take2's behalf which will cause your mod to cease functioning completely...

Its always good to have a backup plan you can fall back on. IV being that plan. better to be safe than sorry.

My backup plan is always going to be IV. It's not complicated to convert models to IV, and the IDE/WPL is already in IV since it needs to be converted from there. I'd rather stick to the newest and best engine. I don't have plans to convert this to IV at the moment, maybe something will change later but for right now I'm sticking to V. 

wouldn't there be a way to maybe merge some objects so you can have more space?

for example merge ocean view exterior with interior and stuff like that

It's not about the model count, you can raise that with gameconfig.xml. Its about the poly/texture file count. Combining models would make no difference. 

HeySlickThatsMe
  • HeySlickThatsMe

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 15 August 2016 - 12:13 PM

oh..

how about removing one island for short time and working only on other island?

lunchxbles
  • lunchxbles

Vice City in V

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 August 2016 - 02:38 AM

oh..
how about removing one island for short time and working only on other island?

Thats what I've been doing. Focusing on Ocean Drive for now.
  • Mr.ClaudeFan and HeySlickThatsMe like this

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 18 August 2016 - 06:19 PM

well that means im not going to play the mod

K0ol-G-R4P
  • K0ol-G-R4P

QB Representor

• Members

Posted 18 August 2016 - 10:58 PM

Glad to see you're still working on this lunch.

Stick to your plan, V is the way to go.

undertaker fan
  • undertaker fan

Hustler

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted 19 August 2016 - 01:39 PM Edited by undertaker fan, 19 August 2016 - 01:40 PM.

well that means im not going to play the mod

no one's forcing you :)
  • K0ol-G-R4P and Jinx. like this

sseebbyy
  • sseebbyy

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 September 2016 - 07:21 PM

Finally, with Vice Cry vegetation and hd textures + new neons and new improvements given by this mod, Ocean Drive will look like it should !!

Keep up the good work, and waiting for news ! 

(the neons are awesome - fits perfectly)

• Mr.ClaudeFan likes this

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 01 October 2016 - 10:28 PM

looks nice but change the palm trees man. V engine with these trees hurt my eyes. Good luck. I know how time consuming creating a map is

Vikki_Suicide
  • Vikki_Suicide

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 October 2016 - 11:30 AM

This looks really nice, VC always did need a more modern lighting engine to do it some justice.  RW has had it's day.

lunchxbles
  • lunchxbles

Vice City in V

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 May 2017 - 08:41 PM

Hello everyone! I'm very happy to announce the return of this mod to GTAV. I have restarted fresh now that we have proper tools available. I have spent the past couple weeks working on getting this mod going again. I wanted to show you all some screenshots of the work I have put in. I am almost finished with the entire beachside island, just one area left. I hope you all are as excited as I am to see this mod come back! Take a look at some of the screenshots below ! Also expect a trailer coming soon!

Spoiler
  • AndyGanteks, K0ol-G-R4P, cp1dell and 6 others like this

mould122
  • mould122

Player Hater

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 04 May 2017 - 09:30 PM

Are you planning to release this mod as an upgrade to gtarandom´s Vice V or what? Sorry, I´m not clear with this situation. If not, are you still doing this with FiveM that would replace the whole SA map? Anyway, I´m excited about the upcoming trailer :colgate:

lunchxbles
  • lunchxbles

Vice City in V

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 May 2017 - 09:32 PM Edited by lunchxbles, 04 May 2017 - 09:33 PM.

Are you planning to release this mod as an upgrade to gtarandom´s Vice V or what? Sorry, I´m not clear with this situation. If not, are you still doing this with FiveM that would replace the whole SA map? Anyway, I´m excited about the upcoming trailer :colgate:

nope, this mod has no affilation with ViceV. This is going to be a replacement for Los Santos, not running FiveM, but directly in GTAV, perhaps running as a DLC. Perhaps in the future I will look into moving vice city to an area away from Los Santos so they can spawn together but for now i'm keeping the 80's and 2017 seperate :p

• Lozano71 likes this

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 May 2017 - 09:50 PM

nope, this mod has no affilation with ViceV. This is going to be a replacement for Los Santos, not running FiveM, but directly in GTAV, perhaps running as a DLC. Perhaps in the future I will look into moving vice city to an area away from Los Santos so they can spawn together but for now i'm keeping the 80's and 2017 seperate :p
Hopefully you'll add it like ViceV. I'd like to have an HD VC as a placrholder for VC when I add LC to the map.

Hans-Hermann Hoppe
  • Hans-Hermann Hoppe

Physical Removal Expert

• Members
  • Micronesia

Posted 05 May 2017 - 09:08 PM

Is this call for hype?

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2017 - 10:10 PM

Where are we with modding in GTA V? Can ped paths and traffic paths be created yet for this new map?

sseebbyy
  • sseebbyy

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 May 2017 - 10:20 PM

Remastering Vice Cry is maybe the best idea so far, for a conversion to RAGE.

HeySlickThatsMe
  • HeySlickThatsMe

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 06 May 2017 - 03:24 PM

Can't wait!
in the overall map you should add more Neon Lights

Lozano71
  • Lozano71

Retrocop

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 08 May 2017 - 07:24 AM

lunchxbles, R*Editor will work with your mod? I really wait it for my videos...

BlackScout
  • BlackScout

A Ninja

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2017 - 09:11 PM

lunchxbles, R*Editor will work with your mod? I really wait it for my videos...

Well, it's Single-Player. I don't see why it wouldn't work.

• Lozano71 likes this

lunchxbles
  • lunchxbles

Vice City in V

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2017 - 10:59 PM

"go see how this girl handles a bike..."

Y9VvMr6.jpg

• K0ol-G-R4P, BlackScout, s197 and 6 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic