• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 30 September 2015 - 12:20 PM

Just watched the pilot episode. Brilliant!

• Mr. Scratch and TheMckeever like this

Sawnek
  • Sawnek

"V has come to."

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 October 2015 - 06:01 PM

After watching that first episode... it pretty much blew me away, one of the best pilot episodes I've ever seen, most of the time I've got to give the series a few episodes to pull me in properly but Mr. Robot pretty much did it at the intro scene. The soundtrack, pacing and just the overall episode was great.

Rami Malek's portrayal of the socially awkward Elliot deserves credit too.

Anyway, after finishing the final episode:

Spoiler

• TheMckeever likes this

YA BOY DIRT
  • YA BOY DIRT

detrás de ti

• The Yakuza
  • Russia
  • Best Timbs 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 04 October 2015 - 05:13 AM

Pilot episode was great and Elliot took a while to grow on me (god he is every forumer and Redditor's edgy wet dream come to life) but after sitting through four episodes, holy sh*t this is taking some kind of turn. Can't wait to see the rest of everything plays out. 

TheMckeever
  • TheMckeever

Deathmatch Connoisseur

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 09 November 2015 - 06:51 PM Edited by TheMckeever, 09 November 2015 - 09:15 PM.

Mr Robot proving just cause you have bi-polar schizoaffective disorder doesn't mean you can't have a good time.

Mr. Scratch
  • Mr. Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 November 2015 - 08:24 PM

Elliot isn't bipolar though.

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 November 2015 - 08:39 PM

The only thing I didn't like about this show was the name of Evil corp

Well Duh they are evil...

TheMckeever
  • TheMckeever

Deathmatch Connoisseur

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 09 November 2015 - 09:19 PM

Not a doctor but isn't having dual personalities classed as that... among other things.

Mr. Scratch
  • Mr. Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 November 2015 - 11:14 PM Edited by Mr.Scratch, 09 November 2015 - 11:16 PM.

Not a doctor but isn't having dual personalities classed as that... among other things.

No, that's dissociative identity disorder, which he has. Bipolar disorder is characterized by shifts in mood ranging from happiness and enthusiasm to sadness and anger.

• TheMckeever likes this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 November 2015 - 04:05 AM

I WANT SEASON 2 AND I WANT IT NOW

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Goddess Of Light

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 10 January 2016 - 02:05 AM

Yeah. I don't know why they went for such a cartoonish name.

I'm 4 episodes in and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I hope it won't take forever for the new season to come out.

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 January 2016 - 03:53 AM Edited by Zello, 11 January 2016 - 04:04 AM.

I don't really watch these things but Mr. Robot won

• Mr. Scratch likes this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 January 2016 - 06:59 PM

Rewatching the series again a lot of things stick out like at their hideout in Coney Island did you ever notice the building saying F society?

Also it feels way different once you know who Mr.Robot actually is watching this again his scenes feel way different now.

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Goddess Of Light

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 24 January 2016 - 08:05 AM

Season 2 trailer.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 25 January 2016 - 03:42 AM

Yeah. I don't know why they went for such a cartoonish name.

I'm 4 episodes in and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I hope it won't take forever for the new season to come out.
It's a delusion, evident in the first episode.
Looking forward to Season two, going to be quite a challenge to keep this story on track.
  • Azazel likes this

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Goddess Of Light

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 25 January 2016 - 08:56 AM

Yeah. I knew that but I forgot for some reason.

I watched Season 1 again with my best friend. It's actually a different experience the second time, paying attention to all the details that gave out the ending of the season.

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 January 2016 - 07:19 PM Edited by Zello, 31 January 2016 - 07:20 PM.

I really loved the Dark Army they were a shady group with their own agenda they only promised to help F society not because they believed in their cause but because they had their own motives and once they got into allsafe they backed out and Elliot had to beg Whiterose to give them another chance.

I hope we get more of them along with Cisco and maybe they introduce more hacker groups in season 2.

TheMckeever
  • TheMckeever

Deathmatch Connoisseur

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 01 February 2016 - 01:27 PM

The shows that realistic that they had to cancel an episode cause it was too close to something that happened in real life.

The news anchor shooting

EvolvedWalker
  • EvolvedWalker

sepi

• GTAF Crew
  • Ireland

Posted 19 March 2016 - 04:48 PM

I hope Season 2 will be just as good as Season 1, the show is depressing... i love it!!!

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 March 2016 - 04:51 PM

Any word on when season two premieres?

EvolvedWalker
  • EvolvedWalker

sepi

• GTAF Crew
  • Ireland

Posted 26 March 2016 - 03:08 PM Edited by EvolvedWalker, 26 March 2016 - 03:09 PM.

Season 2 - Entertainment Weekly

http://www.ew.com/ar...on-2-first-look

mr_robot_0.jpg

WARNING: The following obviously contains spoilers for season 1 ofMr. Robot, so go watch it. 

Production is underway in New York City on the second season of last summer’s breakout drama Mr. Robot, and already the mind games are beginning.

Fans of the heady hacker thriller may be surprised to see Elliot Alderson (Rami Malek) back playing chess with his not-really-there friend, Mr. Robot (Christian Slater), after the massive revelation that Mr. Robot is Elliot’s mental projection of his dead father. But according to series creator and executive producer Sam Esmail, the evolving relationship between the two is a central component of the story moving forward.

“Now that Elliot is aware [of the truth about Mr. Robot], that has opened the door. We’re literally externalizing Elliot’s mentality and his inner conflict, Mr. Robot being the other half of Elliot,” Esmail says. “In the first season, because Elliot wasn’t aware, there was a mystery about who Mr. Robot was and what his real motivations were. Now we know, so what does that mean? What does Elliot really want?

Which makes us wonder: How does a relationship between a man and his imagined dead father work? From the way Esmail describes Elliot’s dynamic with Mr. Robot, the answer is: grudgingly.

“What you’ve got to understand is that when Mr. Robot and Elliot go at it, he’s really going at it with himself,” Esmail says. “What I can say is that they’re communicating, but it’s almost under duress. Obviously, Elliot can’t escape him, and Mr. Robot doesn’t want to leave. It’s a conflict, but it’s actually more of an impasse that they somehow have to negotiate.”

This early into production and with the summer debut still months away, Esmail was reticent about the specifics of season 2’s story, but there was one thing he wanted to make clear: “I can comfortably say that season 2 is very different from season 1.”

That may be a surprising thing to say about any other show coming off of a wildly popular first season, but for fans of Mr. Robot’s unexpected turns and style choices, we’d guess that’s some dark, synthy music to their ears. 

Mr. Robot tackling encryption debate in season 2

The feds are going to shake up Mr. Robot’s second season. With the recent casting of Grace Gummer as a federal agent in USA’s Golden Globe-winning drama, showrunner Sam Esmail told an audience of fans at the South by Southwest festival in Austin, Texas on Sunday that one of the biggest shifts going into the new season was opening up a storyline focused on law enforcement reaction to Elliot’s (Rami Malek) hack of Evil Corp. 

“Elliot committed a crime and we’re going to see the ramifications of that this season,” said Esmail, who was on a panel with stars Malek and Christian Slater. “That’s why you see that introduction of law enforcement, which you deliberately didn’t see the first season.”

The added angle could seem particularly timely given recent headlines about the FBI’s battle with Apple over encryption. “What’s weird is — and I’m not trying to say I’m a fortune teller — we were going into [season 2] talking thematically a lot about privacy, and this whole thing with Apple and Tim Cook happened,” Esmail said. “I think it’s a really important issue, and I’m not sure people really understand the nuances about it. it’s an interesting public discourse it brings up the right to privacy: Do we have it or not.” 

• Usually computer scenes in TV and movies are done with code or graphics digitally inserted onto a screen after shooting. But Malek had to type every line of code his character was typing to keep his performance authentic, and the code is vetted with tech experts. “Everyone who shoots a computer screen, it’s always using green screen,” Esmail said. “On top of that, they put bulls— in the screen which doesn’t make any sense.”
  • Elliot’s voiceover to the audience was partly inspired by Esmail’s own self-chatter. “I’m going to reveal something personally about myself — I talk to myself,” Esmail said. “I don’t know how many people do that … and I love [voiceover in movies]. The cardinal rule rule of screenwriting for is never write [voiceover] and it’s a dumb rule. I came up with he idea that Elliott has a relationship with us.”
  • Esmail is directing all 10 episodes in season 2, something the cast approves of. “I felt like I was doing my best work when he was around, and I think that goes for the rest of the cast and the crew,” Malek said. “He has such a distinct tone and vision. Nobody knows what’s going to happen in this [show] except Sam. You can bring in a guest director every week, but ultimately they can’t know as much as he does.”
  • Though Slater, who won a Golden Globe for his supporting role on the show, was signed on for a second season, he began to worry while shooting the first round that he wasn’t going to return — particularly after filming the scene in a graveyard near after he’s revealed to be Elliot’s dead father. “[Slater] pulls me aside and asked, ‘Are you sure? Because I read this and it kinda feels like I’m done,’” Esmail recalls. Slater also recalled how traveling with Malek to the festival got rather amused reactions from fans, who sometimes shout “Mr. Robot!” or joke about whether he’s really there or not.

The hacker drama’s panel marked a triumphant return to the festival where it had its premiere screening last year and won an audience award. This time, USA erected a 100-foot high Mr. Robot-themed Ferris wheel in downtown Austin to promote the show. “They let us bring a Ferris wheel here so we must be doing something right,” Malek quipped.

EvolvedWalker
  • EvolvedWalker

sepi

• GTAF Crew
  • Ireland

Posted 19 April 2016 - 11:03 AM

• Voodoo and Zello like this

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Administrator
  • Unknown
  • Most Corrupt Staff 2016
    Most Corrupt Staff 2014

Posted 19 April 2016 - 01:48 PM

Sometime this summer? I want it now.

EvolvedWalker
  • EvolvedWalker

sepi

• GTAF Crew
  • Ireland

Posted 20 April 2016 - 07:48 PM

YES!!!!

• Zello likes this

krypt0s
  • krypt0s

Ice-Nine

• Facade Corporation
  • None

Posted 21 April 2016 - 02:02 PM

f*ck, that's too far.

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 22 April 2016 - 05:11 PM

Just started watching this. Cursing myself I didn't do it earlier. It is superb!

• Gegon45 likes this

EvolvedWalker
  • EvolvedWalker

sepi

• GTAF Crew
  • Ireland

Posted 24 April 2016 - 01:41 PM

Daaaaaaaaamn

• Zello likes this

EvolvedWalker
  • EvolvedWalker

sepi

• GTAF Crew
  • Ireland

Posted 25 April 2016 - 07:08 AM

• Zello likes this

EvolvedWalker
  • EvolvedWalker

sepi

• GTAF Crew
  • Ireland

Posted 18 May 2016 - 09:53 AM

EvolvedWalker
  • EvolvedWalker

sepi

• GTAF Crew
  • Ireland

Posted 16 June 2016 - 11:09 PM

Mr_Robot_season_2_posters_1.jpgMr_Robot_season_2_posters_2.jpgMr_Robot_season_2_posters_3.jpg

EvolvedWalker
  • EvolvedWalker

sepi

• GTAF Crew
  • Ireland

Posted 19 June 2016 - 02:59 PM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users