• GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia
  • Best Tool 2016 [OpenIV]
    Best Tool 2012 [OpenIV]
    Major Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 01 June 2015 - 04:42 PM

The latest version of OpenIV and OpenIV.ASI provide support for mods folder that can be very useful in the following cases:
  • You have DVD or Rockstar Games Warehouse version of GTA V and every time you edit files Launcher download original files back;
  • You want to have original GTA V files unmodified;
  • You want to have fast way to switch between original and modified files.
Required software:
  • OpenIV (2.6.3 or newer)
  • OpenIV.ASI (1.1 or newer)
  • GTA V ASI LOADER (build May2 2015 or newer)
Download
  • You can download latest version of OpenIV at the official site here: http://openiv.com/
  • The required version of OpenIV.ASI and ASI LOADER are included in OpenIV.
Instruction:
1 Download and install OpenIV. Configure it to work with your copy of GTAV.
2 Navigate to ASI Manager using menu Tools > ASI Manager or ASI Manager button on tool bar.

00.gif

Through ASI Manager, you can install, update or remove ASI Loader and OpenIV ASI plugins.
3 Install ASI Loader and OpenIV.ASI

01.gif

4 Open your GTA V folder in File Explorer; you can do it fast in OpenIV

02.png

5 In root of your GTA V folder create new folder and name if mods (lower case)

03.png

6 Now you have to copy RPF archives into mods folder. For example, if you want to modify Grand Theft Auto V\update\update.rpf you need to copy it like Grand Theft Auto V\mods\update\update.rpf.

04.png

The following table is explain how you need to copy archives to mods folder. The path to RPF archive in mods folder must be the same as in real GTA Vfolder, here is some examples:
Grand Theft Auto V - Original archive pathPath in "mods" folder
GTAV\update\update.rpfGTAV\mods\update\update.rpf
GTAV\common.rpfGTAV\mods\common.rpf
GTAV\x64\audio\sfx\SCRIPT.rpfGTAV\mods\x64\audio\sfx\SCRIPT.rpf
GTAV\update\x64\dlcpacks\mpheist\dlc.rpfGTAV\mods\update\x64\dlcpacks\mpheist\dlc.rpf
GTAV\x64e.rpfGTAV\mods\x64e.rpf

7 From this point if you want to install mod or edit some file you need to do it in archive from mods folder.

05.png

Now all your mods will be in separated folder, and original files will stay not modified.If you want to switch back to original files just go to ASI Manager and remove OpenIV.ASI. In addition, you can remove ASI Loader to disable all ASI plugins that you have installed.
You can use ASI Manager any time to switch between mods and original game. You no need to remove mods folder every time.

06.gif

• H4milton, Rich246, Tomasak and 14 others like this

ffzero58
  • ffzero58

Ninjaneer

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 June 2015 - 06:06 PM

Quick question. Does the OpenIV.asi follow shortcuts? I'd rather place the mod folder on a bigger partition (I am running my GTA game off a spare (small) SSD. I would just place a shortcut to the mods folder in the GTA V install.

fastman92
  • fastman92

фастман92 | ف

• Members
  • Poland
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 01 June 2015 - 07:08 PM Edited by fastman92, 01 June 2015 - 07:09 PM.

OpenIV.asi is unlikely to be so advanced that it can read .ink files (shortcuts)

Use NTFS junction points

http://www.rekenwond...m/linkmagic.htm

Quick question. Does the OpenIV.asi follow shortcuts? I'd rather place the mod folder on a bigger partition (I am running my GTA game off a spare (small) SSD. I would just place a shortcut to the mods folder in the GTA V install.

• ffzero58 likes this

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia
    Best Tool 2012 [OpenIV]

Posted 01 June 2015 - 07:35 PM

No it not support shortcuts.
I guess we need to make some kind of configuration, so you will be able to set path you want.
As for now you can follow fastman92 suggestion.

ryzeart
  • ryzeart

Expand Dong.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 June 2015 - 12:20 AM

so you have to remove the .asi's before going online?

I've went online and the texture mods are still enabled.

is that what i'm doing wrong? 

also if so is there any way to have it where you don't need to quit out the game from single player to multiplayer?

ffzero58
  • ffzero58

Ninjaneer

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 June 2015 - 02:39 AM

OpenIV.asi is unlikely to be so advanced that it can read .ink files (shortcuts)

Use NTFS junction points

http://www.rekenwond...m/linkmagic.htm

Thanks, I was able to make a junction and mods are loading fine.

Cyron43
  • Cyron43

"I'm so bad I kick my own ass!" (GTA IV quote)

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 03 June 2015 - 05:33 PM

Strange thing is, the game uses my modded x64w.rps in the mods folder but it does not recognize the modded update.rpf in the mods folder.

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia
    Best Tool 2012 [OpenIV]

Posted 04 June 2015 - 08:15 AM

Strange thing is, the game uses my modded x64w.rps in the mods folder but it does not recognize the modded update.rpf in the mods folder.

Did you put update.rpf in just "mods\" folder or in "mods\update\" folder?
If first it is incorrect.
  • geraldflesy likes this

Cyron43
  • Cyron43

"I'm so bad I kick my own ass!" (GTA IV quote)

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 04 June 2015 - 01:34 PM Edited by Cyron43, 04 June 2015 - 01:36 PM.

Did you put update.rpf in just "mods\" folder or in "mods\update\" folder?
If first it is incorrect.

Ah okay I didn't know that. Thank you. :)

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2015 - 05:42 AM

So this is why it wasn't working for me. I have the Steam version. Any chance of adding support for the Steam version?

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia
    Best Tool 2012 [OpenIV]

Posted 06 June 2015 - 04:05 PM

So this is why it wasn't working for me. I have the Steam version. Any chance of adding support for the Steam version?

I have Steam version, it is work with it.
  • Mid Night Club likes this

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2015 - 08:26 PM Edited by nkjellman, 06 June 2015 - 08:27 PM.

I have Steam version, it is work with it.
Then why doesn't mine read from the mods folder?

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia
    Best Tool 2012 [OpenIV]

Posted 07 June 2015 - 08:13 AM

Let's find out.
Show your OpenIV.log and ASILoader.log

francisisgay
  • francisisgay

stop looking at my profile

• Members
  • Vatican-City

Posted 14 June 2015 - 12:58 AM

Let's find out.
Show your OpenIV.log and ASILoader.log

Is it ok if you checked mine too? One guy could not find anything so wondering if you can do same. http://www.mediafire...4a94/OpenIV.log

http://www.mediafire...b/asiloader.log

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia
    Best Tool 2012 [OpenIV]

Posted 14 June 2015 - 09:39 AM

Is it ok if you checked mine too? One guy could not find anything so wondering if you can do same. http://www.mediafire...4a94/OpenIV.log
http://www.mediafire...b/asiloader.log

Sure, I can check. But what is the issue do you have?

Benie
  • Benie

*witty member title here*

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2015 - 12:38 AM Edited by Benie, 23 June 2015 - 11:58 PM.

This worked for me. Thanks, GooD-NTS.

cybert
  • cybert

Freelance Smoking Jack.of.many.Trades *****

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 June 2015 - 01:48 PM

Where are all those log files you guys are talking off??? I just can't locate scripthook, asiloader or openiv *.log file.

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia
    Best Tool 2012 [OpenIV]

Posted 03 July 2015 - 06:56 AM

Where are all those log files you guys are talking off??? I just can't locate scripthook, asiloader or openiv *.log file.

Logs are in your GTA V folder.

esteboatan
  • esteboatan

Player Hater

• New Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2015 - 11:07 PM Edited by esteboatan, 26 July 2015 - 12:32 AM.

I'm also having a problem getting the game to run after using this method.

This is my log files I see 

https://www.dropbox....OpenIV.log?dl=0

https://www.dropbox....loader.log?dl=0

Game runs starts fine without the asi loaders, but once they are turned on the game crashed on start up.

Any help would be appreciated.

edit...I figured it out, You need to copy the whole structure of the folder/directory your editing to the mods folder then replace them with the downloaded mods :)

King13p
  • King13p

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 July 2015 - 08:22 PM Edited by GooD-NTS, 21 July 2016 - 08:08 AM. spoiler tags

I'm having a problem with replacing some audio files. 

I would like to replace some of the music found in the strip club and do some mods to some of the radio stations. 

I followed the tutorial on exporting the audio to openformats and then replacing the audio with 2 mono tracks but when OpenIV replaces the music

I try to double click on the song I replaced and all that happens is OpenIV Crashes. 

It gives me a crash log. Anybody have any ideas? thanks

EDIT: Also if anybody knows what exactly all the Events do in the open format file I would like to know. I believe they call different audio files maybe mentioning the song at the beginning or toward the end of the song they might start talking about something different. But I noticed some of them are toward the middle of the song so I'm kinda confused about that.  thanks

Spoiler

Spoiler

gab51299
  • gab51299

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Philippines

Posted 13 August 2015 - 01:53 PM

I've already tried copying the WHOLE update folder (yes, all 7GB of it) into my mods folder, in order to edit a measly vehicle texture. GTA V loads properly, but when I load story mode, it never completes and is stuck at loading. (I'm on a retail copy of GTA V).

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia
    Best Tool 2012 [OpenIV]

Posted 14 August 2015 - 01:03 PM

I'm having a problem with replacing some audio files. 
I would like to replace some of the music found in the strip club and do some mods to some of the radio stations. 
I followed the tutorial on exporting the audio to openformats and then replacing the audio with 2 mono tracks but when OpenIV replaces the music
I try to double click on the song I replaced and all that happens is OpenIV Crashes. 
It gives me a crash log. Anybody have any ideas? thanks

This issues is with OpenIV itself not OpenIV.ASI, and it must be reported in OpenIV topic.
But anyway can you please send your OAC and WAVE files to me? 

I've already tried copying the WHOLE update folder (yes, all 7GB of it) into my mods folder, in order to edit a measly vehicle texture. GTA V loads properly, but when I load story mode, it never completes and is stuck at loading. (I'm on a retail copy of GTA V).

Usually people have this kind of issues when they had old version of update.rpf inside of mods folder. You can try copy only update.rpf first and see if it works for you.

KatanaDriver
  • KatanaDriver

Player Hater

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 14 August 2015 - 03:56 PM

Hello.

When I trying adds mods that changing files from Heist, IGG Pt.1 and Pt.2 DLCs, then I don't see results in game. eg. when I trying change Vmax in cars, then cars like Kuruma, Osiris or T20, Then have not changed maximum speed, but cars from original game and older DLCs, have chaged.

I typing here, but when I install mods to original files, that they work properly.

gab51299
  • gab51299

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Philippines

Posted 15 August 2015 - 03:29 PM

The mods I'm trying to install are located in "C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto V\mods\update\x64\dlcpacks", mainly mpchristmas2 and patchday3ng. The game loads if only mpchristmas 2 is inside, but when I place patchday3ng into the dlcpacks folder, the game gets stuck at the infinite loading story mode. Any suggestions?

happyc
  • happyc

Rat

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 16 August 2015 - 02:26 AM Edited by happyc, 16 August 2015 - 11:31 PM.

I can't get it, it's still tracing everything from original, not from mods.

(FIXED)

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia
    Best Tool 2012 [OpenIV]

Posted 19 August 2015 - 08:10 PM

When I trying adds mods that changing files from Heist, IGG Pt.1 and Pt.2 DLCs, then I don't see results in game. eg. when I trying change Vmax in cars, then cars like Kuruma, Osiris or T20, Then have not changed maximum speed, but cars from original game and older DLCs, have chaged.
I typing here, but when I install mods to original files, that they work properly.

When you edit some archive directly in game folder, for example "GTAV\update\x64\dlcpacks\mpluxe\dlc.rpf" it works fine and you have your changes.
But, when you edit same archive in mods folder, e.g. "GTAV\mods\update\x64\dlcpacks\mpluxe\dlc.rpf" you have not get changes.
Do I got it right?

The mods I'm trying to install are located in "C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto V\mods\update\x64\dlcpacks", mainly mpchristmas2 and patchday3ng. The game loads if only mpchristmas 2 is inside, but when I place patchday3ng into the dlcpacks folder, the game gets stuck at the infinite loading story mode. Any suggestions?

Show me your logs (asiloader.log & OpenIV.log)

KatanaDriver
  • KatanaDriver

Player Hater

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 21 August 2015 - 03:35 AM Edited by KatanaDriver, 21 August 2015 - 03:42 AM.

When you edit some archive directly in game folder, for example "GTAV\update\x64\dlcpacks\mpluxe\dlc.rpf" it works fine and you have your changes.
But, when you edit same archive in mods folder, e.g. "GTAV\mods\update\x64\dlcpacks\mpluxe\dlc.rpf" you have not get changes.
Do I got it right?

Probably Yes. I can't test this on original files but I have Social Club version and launcher automatic download original files.

After adding some mods and first cars mods, I noticed that mainly problem is witch folders update/x64/... Cars models in this folders doesn't work. Mods in other folders working perfectly. 

Edit: F***k I know! I forgot add "s" to "dlcpacks" name folder in update/x64. One letter, so many problems. :D Sorry for problems. ;)

Laqueesha
  • Laqueesha

The Right Honourable

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 21 August 2015 - 11:37 AM

Works for me. The only downside is that it takes up a LOT of drive space.

maxpin
  • maxpin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 August 2015 - 03:46 PM

can i copy folders like update and x64 include all files and common.rpf and all x64 a - w rpf files?

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia
    Best Tool 2012 [OpenIV]

Posted 25 August 2015 - 06:49 PM

Works for me. The only downside is that it takes up a LOT of drive space.

yeah, but at least you no need to copy the whole game.

can i copy folders like update and x64 include all files and common.rpf and all x64 a - w rpf files?

Yes.
  • maxpin likes this

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users