Quantcast

» «
Photo

Criminal Mastermind Achievement Guide (With Videos)

16 replies to this topic
Rorxy
  • Rorxy

Trick

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 May 2015 - 01:38 AM Edited by Rorxy, 2 weeks ago.

There are a number of in-depth step-by-step written guides out there, but not many that include videos and we have added a lot of our own tried and tested methods that we learned on the way. As this is a forum thread I am completely open to adding any tips and tricks that further eliminate risk and difficulty in this achievement so if you have complete it yourself feel free to comment below. However, If you are new to Heists or Criminal Mastermind, then I will refer you to the following links below before we get started:

http://gtaforums.com...in-depth-guide/ - This is an excellent in-depth guide to the Criminal Mastermind Achievement written by 'NeoLedah' which covers all of the very basic questions you may have when taking up this challenge. However, be mindful that this thread dates back to March of 2015 and that there have been multiple patches by Rockstar since then meaning that some of the hints and tips suggested may be patched out.

A great 30 minute video From the 'GTA Series' crew full of tips for Criminal Mastermind and each Heist. Note: Some of the suggestions in the video have been patched out.

Ok, so I will try and cover the basic strategy for each of the setups and finale's for each heist. However, that will be with the assumption that you have played the heists before and know what the objective is for each stage. As the embedded linked videos are highlights from my live Twitch stream, I will apologize in advance for any unwanted or off-topic conversations I had with the chat over our two sittings completing this achievement. I tried my best to keep it to a minimum.

First and foremost, let's set some ground rules:

• Own at least one Armoured Kuruma
  • Buy an AP Pistol (rank 33)
  • Always stock up on Armour and Snacks for each Heist
  • Always use an Assault Rifle and aim for the head unless stated otherwise
  • Buy Heist Heavy Combat Clothing & Bulletproof Helmet and Save the Outfit
  • As host, always remember to select 'Player Saved Outfits' where you can
  • Stay in Cover and always play it safe. No Rambo!
  • Always monitor your Health and Armour. If you end up in trouble, alert your teammates!
  • Turn off 'Depth of Field' for clean shooting!

For PC users specifically (this is the platform we complete it on), I would also suggest setting up a macro for quick binds for both Health and Armour. This eliminates navigating the awkward menu system while under fire. Special thanks to Reddit user 'twentyafterfour' for his script which can be found here: https://www.reddit.c..._heistsgeneral/

For PS3/4 and Xbox 360/One users, I found keeping your quick menu open when in a vehicle to be a huge help to access snacks and armour with ease whenever needed.

Alright, so let's get straight into it then! For reference, we complete this achievement on GTAV Build: 350, GTA Online Patch 1.26. Just in case there are future patches that will render some of the tactics listed below as ineffective due to them being patched out. As I do not currently see BBCode listed for Twitch specifically, I will just link each Heist Highlight for now with corresponding timestamps for each setup and finale in said video.

The Fleeca Job

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/43978420

Scope Out
( 01:56 - 09:37 )

In this setup you drive over to Fleeca with Lester to scope out the bank and then the passenger gets a test run of the Hack software on the way back to the apartment. Make sure you drive carefully and not run anyone over or get police on you or else mission failed and you have to start again. Nice and easy

Kuruma
( 09:37 - 14:31 )

Again another fairly straight forward setup mission. Take one of your Kuruma to get the Kuruma (silly I know). Equip AP Pistol and kill all the enemies. Be careful with vehicles exploding and always try and aim for clean headshots. Once you take the Kuruma, as Driver just focus on getting out fast and avoiding crashes. You do not need to kill all the enemies here, but your passenger can take shots at drivers to keep the pursuing drivers off your tail.

Fleeca Job
( 16:49 - 25:44 )

Since this finale carries little to no risk, I would suggest two things before getting started to push for Elite in this challenge to add an easy $50,000 to your bank account:

• Purchase an Akuma and fully upgrade it in the mod shop
  • Purchase Alta Street Apartment (closest to Kuruma)
  • Purchase and wear Heist Stealth Clothing (to avoid the heavy combat clothing 'mask' bug)

Sprint to the nearest Akuma and make your way as fast as possible (wheelie/leaning) to the Kuruma. To try and aim for under 5 minutes 20 seconds for the extra $, the driver must not crash and the Driller must complete the hack first time. Due to bad traffic, I was unable on this run to take the fastest route to the highway, but this happens and this is just for an extra bonus. When you reach the bank, press g first to equip mask and then exit the car (this seems to be faster than the other way around). The driller runs straight into the bank and the driver takes out the cameras. For controlling the crowd, do not feel the need to shoot close to the hostages. All you need to do is shoot at the wall as illustrated in the video where it says Fleeca. Another method that was suggested was equipping your rocket launcher and this scares the hostages enough that you never need to fire a shot.

As Driller, watch that you don't burn it out and keep momentum until you break the lock. You should both then hear the drill finally break through, but the Driller should always inform the Driver that he is through so he can prepare for the getaway. As Driver, you can now back your way out the door while shooting above the bank teller window. Try and leave the glass door on the right closed so that the Driller can easily brush through it. The Driver can now get in the car from the right side and the passenger door remains open for fast and easy access for the driller. As soon as the driller gets the 'entering car' animation start driving.

At the first road block, take a right offroad slightly, but keep parallel to the road and watch out for the rocks. On the second road block, take the gap between the bushes and the first car on the left. Be careful as you can get some air at this jump sometimes so make sure you maintain control of the car when you land and take the first bend gradually so you don't flip or skid the car. For the final road block, there is no option but to ram your way through. At full speed, ram directly into the front left wheel of the police car on the far right of the road block. If you hit it correctly, you will continue through the road block without losing too much speed. Lastly, make your way down to the bridge cutting corners where you can to keep your time low. Just to note, sometimes the helicopter and magnet can get stuck hovering over the left edge of the bridge. If this happens, do not panic. Just drive along the bridge until he gets above you. Heist 1 Complete!

With a bit of practice, which you may get a lot of repeating the CM Challenge, you should get close to Elite time every time on this first heist for an easy $50,000 bonus. If you follow the route to the highway that we took in Lester's car in the first setup and use that in the finale (minus the silly jump) and hit every note perfect you can get your elite time as low as 5:10 or even less than that with practice. Remember, this is just an added bonus. It is not required for CM, but I find it is good practice to be in the right mindset and have good focus for this achievement.

Below, you can see our chosen route to get under the 5:20 elite time by a whopping 49 seconds:

----

The Prison Break

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/43978517

Plane
( 03:17 - 15:10 )

This first setup is fairly straight forward. Equip heist heavy combat clothing and get into your Kuruma. Take more than one and you can complete this setup even faster. Make your way to the airstrip and eliminate all enemies. Make sure to avoid exploding fuel tanks and cars. Yes, it is possible to grab the plane and take off after the first wave, but it is not worth the risk. As is the general rule for playing it safe, all stay in the Kuruma and eliminate all enemies. Let out your designated pilot to board the plane and clear the runway with the Kuruma if required. Drive away from the airfield and then sit back and relax and watch your pilot fly to the airfield on Spec. Or if you are bored, race him to the airstrip like we do. If you are fast enough and make it into the hanger, you can become part of the cut scene. There is no reward for this though sorry :(

Bus
( 17:11 - 24:03 )

It is best to split into teams of two for this, or 1 or 2 taking front and 2-3 behind. Drive to the Prison Bus and whoever is in the leading car takes the bus driver and boards the bus. On the journey up there, decide between you who takes down the FIB guy behind the bus and who shoots the chopper. Then, make your way to the fenced area on the hill where the wind turbines are indicated in the video. We found this to be the fastest way to lose the cops. if required, use the backup car to distract the cops away from the Prison Bus and then mission complete.

Station
( 30:53 - 42:18 )

On this setup you are split into two - Police, and Cargo ship. I will cover both separately.

Police

As the police, you either use your phone to call 911 or shoot a civilian to bring police to your area to steal a police cruiser. Make your way to the abandoned subway tunnel off the highway. You will find this used a lot throughout our attempt. Take the cruiser to the police station and make sure the two of you do not have your gun equipped. Only one police officer has to walk in to get the documents. I believe you can even run in, but it is best to not raise suspicion and just make your way through the station, collect the documents and drive away. Follow GPS to abandon the police cruiser and set it on fire. Make sure you do not set yourself on fire or stay too close to the explosion. Now make your way back to the Apartment to deliver the documents.

Cargo Ship

Drive the Karuma to the location and execute as many of the enemies as possible while inside the car. This may alert the police, but do not worry they will not cause a problem even at 3 star Wanted Level. Make your way through the cargo ship and watch your corners for enemies. Make your way to the top of the containers and break the lock. Only one player actually has to enter the ship as the cut scene at the container will spawn the two of you up top. Yes, I am aware that you can climb the crane and para drop down to the container and skip all of this. However, on one of our attempts my parachute did not deploy on the drop and I died and we failed the achievement. So again, this strategy is about eliminating that risk.

Drive the Casco out of the container and escape off the docks. Do NOT shoot anyone on the way out or you will make the rest of the drive rather tricky with the cops on you. Take your first right and go through the train yard as indicated in the video. Using this route you seem to steer clear of the majority of enemies chasing you compared to the number on the suggested GPS route. Drive fast but carefully to Sandy Shores.

Wet Work
( 45:04 - 52.28 )

This setup also requires splitting into teams of two. City Hall team and Mansion team:

City Hall

Take the Kuruma to the yellow marker on the GPS and get in position on the roof with your sniper rifles. Designate your target as left or right and count down to eliminate both enemies simultaneously. Or like in the videos case, miss and let the better sniper finish them both off :) You will now have 3 stars. Make your way down to the briefcase in the Kuruma and only shoot the police that you feel you have to. Drive up to the briefcase and have your buddy pick it up and use the abandoned subway tunnel under the bridge at the nearby highway shown in the video to escape the cops nice and easy.

Mansion

Your only objective here is to eliminate Popov so all you need to do is get into a position where you can see him and take him down. For example, sniping Popov from the football field as suggested by 'Ezekiel' in the comments below. You can also play it stealthily and pick off all the guards too, but this involves more risk and some of our crew members have died trying this method. I can expand further on this and provide screenshots of possible locations to eliminate the target if required.

The Prison Break
( 1:04:31 - 1:27.13 )

I believe this to be the most challenging of all the heist finale as it is the only one that does not allow all players to wear Heist Heavy Combat clothing. Also, every player has an important role in this finale so make sure you designate the right roles to the right people! There are so many things that can go wrong on this so I will try and cover all of them. Here are some quick notes for each role.

Pilot

Make your way to the plane and get in the air. As soon as the jet is called you MUST stay behind it or you can get in a lot of trouble fast. This will free up the Demo to support the Prison Officer and Prisoner to escape through the Prison and take care of Noose. If the jet makes it's way towards the prison always inform the Demo so that he is aware. The jet can sometimes shoot down the Buzzard which means the Demo dies and you fail the achievement so this is very important!

Demo

Make your way to the bus, destroy it and then take out the two enemies and get the helicopter in the air. Make sure you ask the Prison Officer not to drive the bus inside the prison until you are taking off. Get into position outside of the prison walls and help the Prison Officer and Prisoner take out the Noose and escape the prison. Communicate constantly as a team all the way through this prison escape section. It is so important. Everyone needs to be in-the-know with what is happening in the air and on the ground at all times. If you are in trouble or there is a problem let everyone know and they will assist you.

Prison Team

Make your way to the Bus. As Prison officer, drop your spare fully upgraded assault rifle with ammo for the Prisoner. Make your way to the prison and wait for the Demo to enter the Buzzard before entering. Take out all the guards and start making your way through the prison. Always aim for the head especially when it comes to the Noose guards. Remember, you are not wearing heavy combat vests on the ground so you are much more vulnerable and if they are getting back up and shooting at you it is an added risk. You want to have the Demo do most of the clearing out here of the Noose so stay in cover unless you have a clean shot. You want to be saving some of your armour for when you get outside the prison later too in case you end up in a little trouble so stay safe. Once you have cleared the prison of Noose, make your way to the Riot Van near the gate exit.

The Getaway
Have the demo clear the prison exit and any choppers that get in your way and with the jet now having disappeared, inform your pilot to land at Sandy Shores airfield at the opposite end from the Hangar so that he can be lined up and ready to take off as soon as you reach him. Drive straight to the plane and have your teammate at the back of the riot van and the Demo clear any cops on your tail. Whoever Rashcovsky is following must enter the plane immediately (in our case me, the driver) as he is very vulnerable to enemy fire. Your teammates can cover if required. Take off in the plane and watch for incoming cop cars. and helicopters. The Demo will clear the route of any police choppers and then you can make your way to the yellow marker. It is very common, like in the linked video, to get the 'infinity cop glitch' here. If this happens, just keep flying around in the plane out of sight of the choppers and you will eventually lose them. 

Parachute out of the plane and land safely on the beach before instructing your demo to land the helicopter. Make sure players avoid the tail rotor and enter the chopper safely and fly off towards the city to complete.

---

The Humane Labs Raid

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/43978766

Key Codes
( 03:09 - 13:55 )

Designate who plays lookout and who fights from the ground. Then make your way to the car park located on the GPS. Knock down the fences at the road. This will give all players clear line of sight for the incoming FIB on the road post cut scene. After the cut scene, the ground team should make their way to the garage on the right and take cover. From here they are better protected by the surrounding FIB and can take care of any stray enemies if either of the lookout's are in trouble or have to take cover to reload. It is very easy for the team on the ground to get ambushed and die at this section, which is why for ultimate safety we use the garage. The lookouts can clear the majority of the enemies at the road with accurate rockets and grenade launcher fire. Once all the enemies are killed, grab the briefcase and split into two and head for the apartment. Equip AP Pistols to take care of any enemies en route.

Insurgents
( 15:20 - 24:43 )

All jump into the Kuruma and make your way to the Quarry equipped with AP pistols. It is easier to take out the enemies from the dirt road above the vehicles, but once you grow more confident you can go for the tactical entry like in our video. As always, do not exit the vehicle until all enemies are killed. Have your best gunner man the 50 cal, and make your way offroad to the marker ignoring the GPS. You can take out all the choppers and vehicles with ease, just be careful not to flip the Insurgent with the gun too much as this throws out your gunner and this can be dangerous (as demonstrated in the video!). Just remember it is not a race and safety first! As always, monitor your health and armour throughout.

EMP
( 30:28 - 46:35 )

Drive to the boat and then take the boat to the Carrier. If you have any weak flyers in the squad, they can choose to sit the flying part out. Personally, I would normally nominate myself as a weaker flyer as I am prone to friendly crashes, but Linus on our squad had barely flown at all so he sat this one out instead. Again, it is all about avoiding risk. Make your way through the carrier and eliminate all enemies. Be sure to stay away from the missiles on the ground as they can explode and kill you if you are too close. Once you make it to the deck, designate your best pilot to fly the Hydra and the rest fly the Lazer's. If you have a teammate sitting this part out, make sure he stays inside the ship in the stairwell indicated in the video or he can be shot by the enemy jets. Fly carefully and make sure you get behind the enemy jets and avoid hitting each other. Take them down quickly before they can damage the Hydra. Then, instruct your Hydra pilot to land at Sandy Shores while the rest stay in the air or relax with a beer in the air craft carrier :) Only use the auto hover if you are familiar with it as it can be tricky to land that way. If in doubt, land normally on the airstrip.

Valkyrie
( 52:17 - 01:02:22 )

All get in the Kuruma and equip AP pistols. When you reach the gate at the docs, take out the first guards and designate one player to get out and take care of the Buzzard before entering. You do not have to kill all the guards in the complex, just make sure the area around the Valkyrie is clear of enemies. Watch out for the guys hiding behind the chopper and up on the crane and also be careful not to damage the Valkyrie as it is not armoured. Have your best pilot fly the chopper and keep all your gunners informed with which helicopter to take out first. You want to take them down quickly as the Valkyrie can very easily take damage. I know that an easier method for this section is to land on the roof of the docks and use Heavy Snipers to take out the incoming enemy choppers. However, I would expect this to be patched out very soon. When all the enemy choppers are down, make your way to the marker.

Deliver EMP
( 01:04:47 - 01:19:55 )

Drive to the Insurgent and take it to the marker outside of the labs. Once you have played this setup a few times you should be able to complete it fairly easily without having to communicate. For safety purposes, however, team up with a buddy and take the most difficult groupings first to be sure not to alert them. One of your teammates can stay next to the Insurgent and drive in the EMP while another Hack's the door to speed up the process. Do not shoot the enemies when leaving with the van!

Humane Labs Raid
( 01:23:46 - 01:42:43 )

To begin with, designate who you want to be the ground team and who you want to be the chopper team. It is always good practice to have your best pilot and gunner in the chopper and that the two on the ground have at least one player that knows the route and where the enemies are. When you all make it to the chopper make SURE none of the ground team drop before you trigger the yellow marker. Otherwise you will have to pick them up again from the ground! (this happened to us) As the ground team makes their way through the Lab, the Chopper team cover outside. In the air, your primary focus should be on the incoming choppers. Make sure to be at the same altitude as they approach for easy kills for the gunner. As Pilot watch for choppers crashing into you also as you can take damage in the Valkyrie very easily. As a member of the ground team, having high lung capacity is a big advantage, but this is not common and do not worry as you will have rebreathers to keep you swimming happily anyway. Once you near the exit to the underwater tunnels, inform the Chopper team to make their way to the beach and throw the flare if you really have to. Be careful landing the Valkyrie here. it is possible to kill your teammates with your rotor as the beach is at an awkward angle. As suggested by Ezekiel in the comments below, alternatively you can land safely on other beach nearby instead. 

On your way to the checkpoint, the pilot should expand his GPS (double tap z on keyboard) to inform his gunners of the order of approaching enemy choppers. Keep the chopper facing each enemy chopper and concentrate fire together at the same target to eliminate enemy choppers quickly and easily. Job Done!

---

Series A Funding

We completed this heist in two sittings as we ran the first 3.5 heists into the early hours of the morning so this Heist is split into two video highlights.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/43978208

Coke
( 0:04 - 12:17 )

During this setup, the team is split in two again. The chopper team an the boat team. The boat team should make there way directly to the Yacht and board immediately and make their way through the lower deck of the boat. Watch out for enemies in rooms with shotguns and remember to pick up the coke. Once the chopper team reach the chopper, fly to the pier with the Ferris Wheel and let out a teammate with a Heavy Sniper. From here he can take care any enemies at the top of the boat and clear the helipad so the chopper can land and take care of any enemy helicopters as they arrive. The pilot can then land on the helipad and clear the upper deck of the boat. Have your pier sniper swim over to the Yacht, everyone board the chopper and escape. Try and take out any police helicopters before takeoff. Be careful not to kill any teammates with your main rotor as you take off. We came pretty close on the video! :)

Alternatively, as suggested by Ezekiel in the comments, you can land the helicopter on the front of the boat which is even faster and easier! Thanks for that.

Trash Truck
( 15:01 - 29:55 )

You are unable to equip heavy combat vests for this setup, so therefore it becomes one of the trickiest and most common parts of the Criminal Mastermind run for people to fail. You may have to switch between different weapons depending on the situation so it is very useful to drop any unwanted weapons in your inventory before boarding the truck so that you can switch between weapons with ease. Once the enemies begin attacking the trash collecting areas, make sure you effectively cover front and back as the enemies are very strong. Do not make the mistake we did and stay in the truck! It is best to stay in cover and to pick off all enemies in the cleanest way possible. Before you reach the petrol station, make sure you blow it up so that will not be a cause of death for your team. This section was also messy on our part from misplacing our Trash Truck. So, lead by example and be sure to reverse the truck directly next to the bags so that they can be collected quickly. The operators will take a lot of heat in this section in particular so be careful and stay in cover. Shoot enemies only when you need to and always monitor your health and armour. Remember you are on a timer, so keep moving and make your way back to base before you run out of time. As collectors during your run, always watch your back for approaching enemies. Upon review, there are also safer positions to park the Truck to eliminate further risk as suggested by Ezekiel in the comments.

---

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/43978430

Bikers
( 00:09 - 12:40 )

Make your way to the boat and then over to Stab City and equip your silenced weapons. If required, use stealth walk. Split into teams of two and pick off all the enemies in unison without alerting them and steal the vans. During the van escape, be efficient with disposing enemies, especially the heavily armed teams in the trucks. It is important to maintain speed and to try headshot the drivers. Avoid driving over bikes as they can explode and destroy your vehicle. Taking out the driver should give you enough time to get away. Watch out for Road Blocks ahead and monitor your time.

Weed
( 18:01 - 33:48 )

For now at least, the designated roles do not require you to stay in position so make your way in a Kuruma (or more than one to take out enemies faster) and equip AP pistols. Clear out all enemies around the Technical and the Vans. Your chosen roles in the beginning will allocate you to a particular role for the next part. You either have to get in the Technical or the Vans. Make sure you choose the correct one! Instead of following the GPS route suggested, take a left on the hill as soon as you cross the bridge and wait for the train to pass and make your way through the tunnel. This cuts off a significant amount of time. Keep good communication between the driver and gunner of the technical and with the van team. Make sure you do not destroy cars next to the Vans as they are incredibly sensitive and can blow up easily. Be careful on the hill at the start and that bridge at the end with the vans. if you take turns too fast you can end up in trouble! 

Steal Meth
( 44:37 - 54.14 )

Jump in your Kuruma and equip AP pistol as you drive to the farm. Be very careful when shooting the enemies around the fuel tank. If it blows up it is mission failed or can even result in death if you are too close to it. I cannot repeat this enough as I have witnessed it happen again and again in what is otherwise a fairly straight-forward setup. Once the enemies are killed around the truck area, have your designated driver (that would be me in the video) and bring the truck to the trailer while the remaining crew take care of the last enemies inside the house. On escape, once you cross the bridge following the GPS and go onto the beach so that you avoid any enemy fire from the road and have your crew take care of them. Watch your time and don't try and reverse the truck like I did! Line it up safely and you will hit the marker with plenty of time to spare.

Series A Funding
( 01:01:33 - 01:14:54 )

WIth good teamwork and strategy I would say that this is one of the easiest finale and with good communication between the technical and the vans you will have little to no problems for the second part. As lookout teams North and South just stay in cover and cover each other from approaching enemies. Use the rocket launcher and grenade launcher to clear the road of incoming cars and watch your flanks for incoming enemies. Inform your partner if you need assistance. It is also a good tip for the south team to blow the nearby tanks before the enemies arrive. This eliminates the possibility of that being a problem at any time during the hold. Have your best driver and gunner man the Technical and go offroad directly onto the highway. Remember in the technical that you are faster than the vans. Once on the highway, have the technical on the right side of the highway to take care of incoming choppers and cars and the vans on the left side towards oncoming traffic. This keeps them out of the firing line. However, once enemies start approaching on the left have the vans come to the right side of the highway behind the technical. Always maintain speed and communication with your drivers. They will tell you if they need help with enemies behind. Alternatively, you can also take side roads next to the highway to avoid a lot of the trouble above as suggested by Ezekiel in the comments. Mind the bridge at the end with the vans. if you miss it you can get in trouble in the ditch. Nice and easy!

---

The Pacific Standard

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/43978611

Vans
( 04:04 - 12:58 )

If you have managed to get this far, well done! We are almost there and in the final stretch and final heist. Here is a nice and easy setup mission for you. You have two bikers and two navigators. Split into groups of two and chase down the vans. Take photos of their license plates and then Lester will instruct which van to steal. Lose the cops and take it back to Lester's warehouse.

Signal
( 15:36 - 30:41 )

For this part you will need a vehicle that can take 5 people to complete it in safety and with ease. We recommend the Insurgent. Ignore the GPS and drive further north along the highway to the East of the Island where you are to rescue Avi. Here you will find your backup Seasharks meaning you have a much shorter distance to cover by sea and you can come right back to your insurgent with Avi once you kill all enemies on the island. Take down the choppers quickly and clear the island. Once you make it back to the Insurgent with Avi, have your 5th hang on to the side of the Insurgent and follow the river along Raton Canyon. Drive carefully! Use the surrounding hills to lose the cops.

Hack
( 35:21 - 45:07 )

This can be a tricky setup if not planned correctly. Once you reach the white van, keep the Kuruma with you. You can take it along to the location and use that to clear the alley of heavily armed enemies with ease. If this is patched in the future, just take your time clearing out the enemies one by one. Have your least experienced/ranked player take the white van. You will be taking a lot of fire on the road escape so have your most confident gunners ride the back of the decoy van. Combat MG's are ideal for this situation and focus fire on the drivers of the enemy vehicles. All team members in the decoy van must monitor their armour and health throughout this run. We have had crew members die here on this setup from not doing so!

Convoy
( 57:03 - 01:08:54 )

Drive to the convoy area marked on the map. Have one player place sticky bombs at set locations next to the easy side of the bridge (to take care of the incoming jeeps). Have teammates at the other end of the bridge use Heavy Sniper's to take care of the Savage chopper before he gets too close. Wait for the right moment and have your crew member set off the sticky bombs at the right moment to take the Convoy jeeps. This is then your signal to take care of the drivers of the truck (be careful not to damage it though) and most importantly the Insurgent gunner. Wait for the 3 members of your crew to enter the Insurgent before you trigger the next stage of events by entering the truck. Equip AP pistol. Take it slow on the dirt roads and have the Insurgent gunner focus on the enemy choppers when in range while the rest of the crew carefully take care of the jeeps. Keep good communication at all times between both the driver and gunner of the Insurgent and with the driver of the truck and be careful not to blow up enemy vehicles next to the truck as it takes damage very easily. It is important to take this setup nice and slow so that you have control of the situation when trouble approaches. Rushing it results in more risk!

Bikes
( 01:12:01 - 01:08:54 )

All take a single Kuruma and enter the gang territory. Equip AP pistols and clear out all the enemies. Take one bike each and take a hard right on exit of the area and a hard left at the bridge to avoid the road block and the majority of trouble. If you crash, inform your teammates and they will support. Boost to gain speed and get out of the area fast and follow your GPS to the area marked.

The Pacific Standard 
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/43978216 )

Now! Time for the last heist finale. I understand if you are nervous. Even the most confident on this bank heist finale can make a mistake (and we did as you will see!). On that note, it is important to inform teammates immediately if you are in trouble for any reason. In the end, do not worry so much about the money. Surviving and making the $12 million is far more important!

Make your way to the bank and knock out the two guards. One of the crowd control can start opening fire in the bank while the demo blows the first gate. As soon as the first gate is opened, the second crowd control guy goes up the stairs and covers the door for incoming enemy guards. Once the Demo is through the second gate, take out the two guards below and the Hacker takes the vault. Another option for the main crowd control guy is just to equip his rocket launcher (but not fire it!).This scares the crowd enough. Just be careful to aim high and do not shoot any hostages or you will get Noose all the way to the end which is far more difficult. Once the vault is open, have the Demo or Hacker ONLY take the money. Normally we designate this to our least experienced/ranked member of the crew as his job once we get outside will mainly consist of staying in cover.

Once all the money is taken, have Crowd Control exit the bank first and use rocket launcher and grenade launcher to clear out all the police cars between the bank and the alleyway. Have the other two follow out when clear and have your crowd control guys take front and back as you push down the alley. Always monitor health and armour and keep pushing. As seen in the video, jump over the wall halfway down the alley way to the right to skip the corner alley but just remember to hit the marker. Take care of the chopper and cars on the road ahead and keep pushing clearing front and back as you make your way to the bikes. Now, I know you can purchase the apartment and just take a Kuruma nice and safe, but we felt that was too easy and took our tried and tested safe route on bikes. This was fine until I crashed taking the ramp I warned the rest of my crew not to take! If you crash and engage the police, this will result in further police contact on the route we chose which resulted in a very messy finale. However, this is good so we can show as an example how easily a small mistake can make things a lot harder for everyone. Always communicate with your teammates and if you lose your bike jump on a friends or take the nearest car. Monitor your health and armour at all times and indicate to your team immediately if you are really in trouble. The most important thing to note is that you do NOT have to take the suggested route or hit any markers on the GPS once you are on the bikes so as long as you take a route you are comfortable with and avoid helicopters and make it to the boat alive you have won! I would personally suggest always going offroad to avoid all the road blocks. Taking our route offroad following the East Highway, through the Construction Site and then the train tracks and tunnels until you reach the river you have little to no police contact. None at all if you do not crash and have to engage police! If you are not confident on bikes, then of course you can take a car. As long as you stay alive!

Then that is it! $12 Million in the bank and it only took you 8-10 hours! (not to mention potentially lots and lots and lots of retries). As you will see in the video the Loyalty achievement was bugged for both Ruger and I, but after checking my Heist Achievement Stats on the Social Club website, Loyalty was at 25/28. This means we just need to go back and complete three more missions to get it ie Fleeca. If you get the same bug for any of the achievements, do not panic! Just do the same as we did and you will get the reward. I hope that my guide and videos have helped somewhat and please let me know if you require anymore information on anything detailed in this guide!

Cheers
Rorxy

• oleg_aka_djmeg, NeoLedah, Ezekeil2Ofive17 and 4 others like this

Ezekeil2Ofive17
  • Ezekeil2Ofive17

"I do what I do best, I take scores"

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 May 2015 - 03:43 AM Edited by Ezekeil2Ofive17, 30 May 2015 - 04:44 PM.

A solid guide, well written with some good advice

I just skimmed a few of these and didn't watch the all videos for a few reasons, I don't have super fast internet and gta is a bandwidth pig, I didn't want to scrub through to find the bits I wanted and time, also I'm not a huge fan of chatter but that's just me! I know you young folks today love all that!

there are a few things you can do to further reduce risk, I am going to post some pics and gifs in spoiler boxes if that's not ok let me know and I will remove them

I'm not nit picking just trying to help

Cargo ship 

parachute to the car

Spoiler

Mansion team

snipe pop pop popov from the sports feild

Spoiler

Labs final

don't land on the small beach land here instead

Spoiler

S A coke

Forget dropping some one off have him in the back of the chopper shooting, sniping from the pier is good at first but then largely useless. Land on the front of the ship not the helipad

Spoiler
Spoiler

S A trash trucks

there are much safer places to park that allow the driver to stay in the truck to make any last minute adjustments and cover the team

Spoiler

S A final

keep the trucks behind the technical then take this route

Spoiler

I'm going to stop now as I don't want this to come across as anything other than sharing information to help you and others but there are a few more helpful things I could add if you want

Personally I would add a few frame grabs I don't know if that's possible with twitch also I would take out the phrase "I'm told" if you haven't confirmed it then why is it mentioned in your guide, as it happens you can bring the kuruma along with the bin van but its time consuming and ultimately not worth it

On the whole good work useful for those who want to watch then do

• Oxea, LordRaijin, Rorxy and 1 other like this

Rorxy
  • Rorxy

Trick

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 May 2015 - 05:05 AM Edited by Rorxy, 30 May 2015 - 03:50 PM.

I just skimmed a few of these and didn't watch the all videos for a few reasons, I don't have super fast internet and gta is a bandwidth pig, I didn't want to scrub through to find the bits I wanted and time, also I'm not a huge fan of chatter but that's just me! I know you young folks today love all that!

there are a few things you can do to further reduce risk, I am going to post some pics and gifs in spoiler boxes if that's not ok let me know and I will remove them

Thanks for these! Don't worry about not watching the videos, that was why I wrote the accompanying text. Some of your suggestions I knew about but considered them a risk eg the para drop (i died here when the shute didn't deploy due to desync). Some I did not know about though! I agree that screen grabs are needed, but I believe the limit is only 15 so I would have to pick and choose what ones to use. I just wanted to get my guide up while memory was still fresh and I will keep adding to it. This is a forum so I am totally open to suggestions and alternatives! By all means keep going as I am interested to hear more. Perhaps if there are further suggestions that eliminate further risk I should adapt my guide to also include safer methods detailed by others in this thread? Would you ok with me quoting and crediting some of your suggestions in my original post?

RafaeSheikh
  • RafaeSheikh

Gangsta

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 30 May 2015 - 11:31 PM

If you die in any of the setups, do you restart the challenge from the Fleeca Job or can you simply replay the setup from the beginning?

Ezekeil2Ofive17
  • Ezekeil2Ofive17

"I do what I do best, I take scores"

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 May 2015 - 01:07 AM Edited by Ezekeil2Ofive17, 04 June 2015 - 02:49 PM.

Thanks for these! Don't worry about not watching the videos, that was why I wrote the accompanying text. Some of your suggestions I knew about but considered them a risk eg the para drop (i died here when the shute didn't deploy due to desync). Some I did not know about though! I agree that screen grabs are needed, but I believe the limit is only 15 so I would have to pick and choose what ones to use. I just wanted to get my guide up while memory was still fresh and I will keep adding to it. This is a forum so I am totally open to suggestions and alternatives! By all means keep going as I am interested to hear more. Perhaps if there are further suggestions that eliminate further risk I should adapt my guide to also include safer methods detailed by others in this thread? Would you ok with me quoting and crediting some of your suggestions in my original post?

I'm glad you took my suggestions in the spirit they were given

As for adding my content to your guide I will send you a pm

15 is the pic limit

If you die in any of the setups, do you restart the challenge from the Fleeca Job or can you simply replay the setup from the beginning?

You die its back to the fleeca job, I'm told that if you power off immediately it can prevent the reset but I can't confirm that 

Rorxy
  • Rorxy

Trick

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 May 2015 - 01:47 AM

yep, if you die you have to start all over again. that is the challenge! however, if you fail the mission but do not die you are ok to start again from the beginning of the setup/finale you just failed. So stay alive!

Rorxy
  • Rorxy

Trick

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 June 2015 - 09:58 PM

I'm glad you took my suggestions in the spirit they were given

As for adding my content to you're guide I will send you a pm

15 is the pic limit

hey Ez, I don't see how to get pm's on here. Do I need to enable them? 

Rorxy
  • Rorxy

Trick

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 June 2015 - 11:09 PM

edit3: made some further edits to the main text for clarity and added more video links

LordRaijin
  • LordRaijin

I officially love Karen Daniels

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 June 2015 - 02:24 AM

f*ck! Why cant I find a decent crew with intellectual players? I would enjoy the game so much more.

• Gentleplayz likes this

Rorxy
  • Rorxy

Trick

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 June 2015 - 07:52 PM Edited by Rorxy, 08 June 2015 - 08:01 PM.

f*ck! Why cant I find a decent crew with intellectual players? I would enjoy the game so much more.

keep playing with high rank players in missions/heists. that and/or find some folk here on the forums?

edit: here is NeoLedah's Criminal Mastermind crew dedicated for getting people together to make the $10 CM CHallenge. Maybe you can find people there?

anaalianssi
  • anaalianssi

Rat

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 08 June 2015 - 10:01 PM

Great guide my friend! =) Managed get mine done on 2nd week when it arrived on PC 1st try ofc ;) 

• Rorxy likes this

Rorxy
  • Rorxy

Trick

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 June 2015 - 10:47 PM

Great guide my friend! =) Managed get mine done on 2nd week when it arrived on PC 1st try ofc ;)

thanks! yea most of my friends had not touched gta at all pre-PC so took them some warming up before taking it on!

Giantsgiants
  • Giantsgiants

Boss

• Members
  • Mauritius

Posted 09 June 2015 - 07:51 AM

S A final

Spoiler

I've been using the railroad track route lately whenever I do the Series A finale. It's brilliant. The enemies don't even bother going up to the tracks.

My success rate doing this finale with randoms seems to be much higher ever since I started using the route. If everyone else still insists on using the normal route then at least it gives the Technical one less truck to protect. 

• Rorxy likes this

Rorxy
  • Rorxy

Trick

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 June 2015 - 05:53 PM

S A final

Spoiler

I've been using the railroad track route lately whenever I do the Series A finale. It's brilliant. The enemies don't even bother going up to the tracks.

My success rate doing this finale with randoms seems to be much higher ever since I started using the route. If everyone else still insists on using the normal route then at least it gives the Technical one less truck to protect. 

Excellent. We will definitely be using it on our next run helping friends get CM. It is definitely the easier of the 4 big heist finale but I have seen the trucks blow up with ease if you get in a bad crash and ambushes. I am glad to see this guide helping people!

anaalianssi
  • anaalianssi

Rat

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 09 June 2015 - 07:49 PM

thanks! yea most of my friends had not touched gta at all pre-PC so took them some warming up before taking it on!

Kinda same and a lot them lost them motivation allready =X, gotta tune up on your stream some day :p

Rorxy
  • Rorxy

Trick

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 June 2015 - 10:28 PM

Kinda same and a lot them lost them motivation allready =X, gotta tune up on your stream some day :p

yea it's pretty easy to rage when you fail during the attempt...especially where most people seem to fail which is on the Series A setups making silly mistakes. Main rule is to not die! if you have to hide behind a wall like a pussy and put armour on and avoid being shot then so be it! Always safety first and to let teammates know if you are in trouble and they can cover. I have a few friends that, after reading this, want to do CM now too so I will probably stream their runs too and try some of the other suggestions made that make things easier than when we complete the achievement

Rorxy
  • Rorxy

Trick

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

edit: broken links updated.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users