III & VC Save File Glitch Detection and Repair

121 replies to this topic
MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 26 May 2015 - 07:06 PM Edited by Militia, 26 May 2015 - 07:09 PM.

What is a "pre-final phase?"

Check OP, namely #1-2 glitches of III and #1-3 glitches of VC.

I mean that the next phase is total traffic (and game timer) freeze.

The Stunt Jumps are "normal."  How they always have been for me.

It might be that PS2/3 version is free of USJ bugs. Maybe only traffic glitches can occur.

As console framerate is 30 fps, screwing up times for you should be 149:08 for both games.

I strongly doubt you've acheived it in your save files. Maybe PS2/3 has other logic here.

What you describe in the OP about Traffic doesn't apply to my Saves, I suppose.  It's not as detailed and chaotic as to what you describe in the OP.  Like you said, I doubt I hit those times in my Saves.

HOWEVER, I have 6 100% LCS Save Files and 3 VCS Save Files.  I did them NOT on the SAME File.  I would do a Save (Slot 1).  After 100% and it's backed up on my USB Drive and Computer, I would delete it off my Console and then do another new Save in Slot 1.  I did this 6 times in LCS and 3 times in VCS.

Each Save in LCS ranges from 21 Hours and 15 Minutes to 28 Hours and 30 Minutes.  That's well over the limit of what you describe in the OP.  Other than my SA Mobile Save, LCS on my PS2 and BC PS3 the traffic is chaotic with driving backward, 180 degree turns in the same lane, like a swiveling door, spawning on sidewalks and grassy locations, etc, etc, etc...

It appears the faster I drive and the less I crash, the more crazy stuff happens...

EDIT: Sorry if it's off topic, but at the end of the day, it's not.  Cuz it exists in all 5 3D GTA Titles on Renderware Platform...It's not just III and VC and even SA.  It's all 5 (III, VC, SA, LCS, and VCS).

• AlSar likes this

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 26 May 2015 - 09:32 PM

Militia, are you able to provide feedback for GTA III on Android? Anything on PS2 is problematic due to difficulties with transferring files. If you could provide a III mobile save I'll increase the global and weather timers to values that might induce a new and noticeable glitch after 2 minutes of game play at the current level.

I don't know how to describe "jittery" traffic well enough to distinguish it from all the other traffic problems... When the clock rolled past the expected time in III it was like the cars were suddenly being shaken by a paint mixer in a hardware store. This was particularly noticeable on the Diablo Stallions. I have not observed the other symptoms associated with the traffic glitch in SA, but I didn't take the time to look. Right now I am only describing jittery traffic.

I don't know what to expect from Android. Experiments with SA mobile suggested that unreasonably long play times were required to induce severe problems.

• AlSar and MorsPrincipiumEst like this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 26 May 2015 - 09:52 PM Edited by Militia, 26 May 2015 - 09:58 PM.

I am buying III and VC tomorrow for Mobile.  Not Android, though.  I have iOS (iPhone 6).  I just finished my SA Mobile Save today, so I am ready to check into III and VC for Mobile and I am buying them tomorrow for sure.  But as of right now, no, sorry, all I have is PS2 and BC PS3 Saves.

I will keep you guys posted, though.  I am only just getting into the Mobile Ports of the classic GTA's! :)

Turn to 0:24 Seconds into this Video.  Car is going backward, does a 180 degree turn.  This happens in III, VC, SA, LCS, and VCS the exact same shown here on PC.  This is fnxrak's Video and it's present even in his PC Save...I don't think he was very high playing time either...

Sometimes the car will continue driving backward and NOT do the 180 degree turn in the same lane, but USUALLY it will try and fix itself when you come close to it.  In VC, though, it's hilarious, I've seen cars spawn on the grassy area across from Ocean Beach Safehouse while driving fast down the main drag on the East Island, then go from the grass onto the road, then do a 180, then go straight.  Really f*cked up sh*t.  But this happens on NEW GAME with 0:00 or after 100% on Saves with 20-30 Hours Total Playing Time.

• AlSar and Isiparate like this

AlSar
  • AlSar

Old-school GTA fan

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:21 PM Edited by AlSar, 26 May 2015 - 11:40 PM.

Goals of test save 2 are;

The main goal of the Old Dodo save is to prepare glitches to be checked after the fix.

Ok. I've got the point. So, briefly:

- Test Save 2 is made for checking for any bugs that were possibly made by editing

- Old Dodo is made for special activites directed to cause some possible bugs

I explained the strategy to 4emp2008, he'll try his best to test both saves comprehensively.

He'll make a detailed report after his testings, and I'll post it here.

Silent usually works within the engine. Sometimes he can fix the problem; all I can do is repair the damage

I think that it's better to patch a broken save than to introduce external fixes to the game itself.

I thought of a potential problem with a fix for ThirteenAG's FL script

I'm corresponding with ThirteenAG via PM. He already prepared fixed scripts which limit FPS to 30 during USJ's.

So for now there is a partial and temporary fix for playing III and VC until 74h with practically no problems.

We only have VC's phase #1 active after 37h of gameplay, which is quite minor. Theoretically, this can provide

a base for a good 100% run with master-save and URVs. All of this need circa 60h to complete.

Are any of these issues addressed by the SilentPatch for III or VC? Maybe

ThirteenAG reported that he used SilentPatch and had other effects trying 4emp2008's oldest VC save.

He hasn't seen any problems with USJ's but the save wasn't loading at all with FL set to off.

So apparently we have some influence of SilentPatch here. Not a solution, but something is addressed anyway.

• MorsPrincipiumEst likes this

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 27 May 2015 - 08:41 AM Edited by ThirteenAG, 27 May 2015 - 08:47 AM.

ThirteenAG reported that he used SilentPatch and had other effects trying 4emp2008's oldest VC save.
He hasn't seen any problems with USJ's but the save wasn't loading at all with FL set to off.
So apparently we have some influence of SilentPatch here. Not a solution, but something is addressed anyway.

Dude, you clearly misunderstood. I did not say that, save is loading perfectly fine with FL off and SPatch:

JbRq6vc.jpg

It indeed crashed once with FL off at 0x004BB144 (CPhysical::RemoveAndAdd()), but I tried again now and it crashed one time out of 4 tests. You can't say it SPatch's fault for sure, because there's dozens of other reasons in the game to crash, like this for example:

Fixed a VC bug that caused crashes on "heavy" collisions (many spheres of a collision model colliding at once).
Fixed a VC bug that caused a crash when too many sound effects were played at the same time.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

Chocolate

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Hong-Kong
  • Major Contribution Award [Mods]
    Helpfulness Awards [Mods]

Posted 27 May 2015 - 07:53 PM

For the "Dirtring Stat Disappearance Glitch", has anyone tried just playing the mission normally after achieving a record time of 0:00? I did a quick test and the disappearance issue should resolve itself if you just have a record time above 0:00. The glitch isn't permanent.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 28 May 2015 - 06:04 AM

Hitting the Print Screen button several times (sometimes quite a few) after landing and USJ usually fixes the clock fair quickly. It seems a much more efficient work around than minimizing to the desktop.

I experimented a little with test save 2, the manual repair of 4emp's example saves. This save is rather incomplete so it doesn't seed many issues. I have been frustrated by an inability to find trigger vehicles for challenges, but that's to be expected on this save since I ignored their timers. None of the challenges are completed anyway. Of the other threads mentioned that use the current time: The High Jump thread seems to be working properly and nothing unexpected happened in the Vigilante mission - those were completed already. I think all the ammu-nation threads do is warp the player in and out of the store and manage the camera angle. I think that works okay, but I'm not sure if it's been used before. For that matter, I'm not usually sure of anything in III or VC anymore. I'm going to have a hard time noticing something out of the ordinary. I'm not sure how to check the heath and wanted info icons. Aren't they gone after use? So... what would I check?

At this point I think it would be better to test a fix by SnP on that Old Dodo save than to attempt a manual repair. We will need the vehicles to trigger the side missions. Try it yourself when you think it is ready.

Silent usually works within the engine. Sometimes he can fix the problem; all I can do is repair the damage

I think that it's better to patch a broken save than to introduce external fixes to the game itself.

I think at this point it is more a matter of learning why the glitch occurs. Curiosity, a need to know. And maybe a miracle fix will be discovered - it can't hurt to look.

Silent
  • Silent

Chief Vision™ Alterer

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful [Modding] 2016
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Script/Plugin 2014 [SilentPatch]
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Best Vehicle 2013 [III Aircraft]
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 28 May 2015 - 09:10 AM

It's pretty obvious. Print Screen makes the game freeze for a brief second, effectively changing frames per second. Then, a delta timw between frames changes in such a way which makes the camera somewhat unlock.

Weird, but possible.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 29 May 2015 - 08:11 AM Edited by OrionSR, 30 May 2015 - 09:30 AM.

I assume that the camera unlocks because the HJ thread can advance enough to return the game speed to normal so the clock can start up again. I consider the camera locking up to be a symptom of the clock freezing. The threads all hang so the camera never gets put back to normal.

Is there a chance that something like video recording to a null device would allow normal game play? What is the current best strategy for recording GTA videos? It's been ages since I've used fraps. I am considering making a short video showing "Jittery Traffic" as there seems to be some confusion about the description.

Added:

I started looking for trouble with global variables in Vice City. The early timer reset tools for San Andreas had a minor problem with no new phone calls that was easily fixed by triggering any mission, so no one noticed until krawk reported issues with eating fast food and I took a closer look at the global variables. At this point I don't expect any problems with phone calls in Vice City, but we should probably run a test on a save with a pending phone call anyway.

IIRC, San Andreas has a common mission cleanup sub-routine that records the time when each mission ends. This value is used to delay new calls for 20 or 25 seconds (it changes later in the game, and I forget the exact values) after a mission. I don't see this strategy in VC, but I usually have a difficult time figuring out exactly how the scripts progress, so we better check to be sure. Below are some relevant code snippets for context.

Spoiler

The VC Savegame Editor by voodoo48 is pretty cool but doesn't edit the global and weather timers. Those are pretty simple edits; it would be a good place to get started with learning to use a hex editor if anyone is interested.

I may need to learn how to make 010 templates. It's really easy to get lost in a VC save.

Havana Outfit Inaccessibility Glitch

The suggested fix is an executable patch of gta3.img & gta3.dir. This solution makes me a bit nervous. Perhaps we should consider moving the clothing to the appropriate location instead.

//055B: $1288 = create_clothes_pickup 5 at -1024.5 -433.9 10.9 // PICKUPS (debug)
//055B: $1288 = create_clothes_pickup 5 at -1024.5 -433.9 10.9 // Four Iron
//055B: $1288 = create_clothes_pickup 5 at -1024.5 -433.9 10.9 // No Escape?
//055B: $1288 = create_clothes_pickup 5 at -1024.5 -433.9 10.9 // Cop Land

0215: destroy_pickup $1288 
055B: $1288 = create_clothes_pickup 5 at -1025.2 -429.2 10.8 // Two Bit Hit

Uncancelable Cheats Сonsequences

If this cheat works the way the Peds Riot cheat works in SA, then the cheats don't remain, just certain settings. This should be something that is easy to fix with a simple cleo script, or a repair tool like an editor or SnP, If someone could provide before and after saves I'll try to document the required adjustments.

Mission Blending Problems

This sounds like fun. I don't have much hope of finding an automated solution but it still sounds like an interesting challenge. Do you have some examples I can use for experiments? No hurry on this request.

• MorsPrincipiumEst likes this

Seemann
  • Seemann

Ruhe

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Russia
  • Best Tool 2016 [OpenIV]
    Best Tool 2013 [Sanny Builder]

Posted 30 May 2015 - 12:32 PM

TL;DR: I've seem to find a temporary solution for the game speedup bug, but not yet fully understand what's going on. More techinical details below.

Well, I've spent two evenings trying to understand the nature of the game speedup bug and I'm stuck now. I'm pretty sure that I'm close to find out the reason why it happens, but let me first briefly summarize what I have learned.

I did my research on GTA III v1.0 using OrionSR's test saves which are posted above. That notorious bug is easily reproducible with the Test Save 5. The game always glitches at 15:28 when the global timer (GT) is equal to 0x20000000 (536 870 912).

My thought was that the root of all evil is the CTimer::Update() function. It is the only place where GT gets a new value during normal gameplay. When and how does it happen? Lets see.

The function call chain starts at the WinMain() function. The application window constantly checks its message queue, and if it's empty and the game is initialized, it calls a handler for event 26, which is bound to the Idle() function located at 0x48E480 (GTA III v1.0).

Some custom logic added by the developers before calling Idle() - the frame limiter (FL). If the frame limiter is on, the game checks that a certain amount of time has passed since the previous frame. Pretty easy: a default value for the limiter is 30 frames per second (FPS), a default value for second is 1000 ms (can be customized at (float) 0x0060FC54), so dividing 1000 by 30 you know how much minimum time to wait between two frames: ~33.3 ms. If this condition satisfied, the game is ready to make a step and calls the Idle() function.

If the FL is off, no check is done, and a new frame is rendered as soon as possible, without delays.

The Idle() function calls all the game core methods, such as CGame::Process() (which is the most vital function controlling the in-game objects, traffic, scripts, environment, weather and much more), rendering stuff, etc, etc, and CTimer::Update() on top of all that.

Ok so, in short, each time the app is idle, we got a new frame to render, and whole game logic to handle.

So, what does CTimer::Update() do? It updates the following variables:

- snTimeInMilliseconds (GT value)
- snPreviousTimeInMilliseconds (used to know delta time between two frames)
- fTimeStep
- nFrameCounterThisSession (number of frames since the game loading)
- nFrameCounter (total number of frames since the new game)

R* used two ways of updating GT value:
1) using QueryPerformanceCounter() if the current system supports it
2) using timeGetTime() for other systems.

Both ways work in a similar way: the game retrieves a system counter value, do some math and multiplies it by the fTimeScale value (aka game_speed). The result value is a amount of ms passed since the last call of CTimer::Update(). The game speed value has a direct impact on GT. Higher values makes the game think that more real time passed and speed up all the processes, and vice versa.

There are some limits set in this function:

- snTimeInMilliseconds can't be increased more than by 60 ms per frame. Higher values on slow machines are limited to 60 ms.
- fTimeStep calculated as (QueryPerformanceCounter() / QueryPerformanceFrequency * 0.05 (1st way) or timeGetTime() * 0.05 (2nd way) and is to be in bounds between 0.01 and 3.0.
- if CRecordDataForGame::RecordingState == 1, the fTimeStep always equal to 1.0 and snTimeInMilliseconds increased by 16 ms per frame. I dont know exactly what CRecordDataForGame is, probably it's kind of debugging stuff used by the devs (RRR?). Not sure if it works in the final.
- CTimer::Update() works in the game menu, but all values have zero advance.

So, I rewrote my gta3_coords script and did a test script to display snTimeInMilliseconds and snPreviousTimeInMilliseconds. There is also additional stuff to alter the game values, it is commented out. And what I see when in game:

nxfFy4tm.png
from left to right: snTimeInMilliseconds (GT value), snPreviousTimeInMilliseconds, delta (= 32 ms), nLastClockTick value (Weather Timer), fTimeStep (= 1.66).

And when the timer reaches 0x20000000 ms the mess begins:

25JEcS1m.png 6cFvsbbm.png

previously two consequent frames have delta time exactly 32 ms. Now, it's either 4 ms, or 60 ms (remember that 60ms is the upper limit). So the game process is no more steady. And that's insteresting as previously two in tact frames takes 32 ms * 2 = 64ms, and now it's still 64 ms!

I tried to normalize the values by setting the delta time directly to 32 ms:

{ temp solution 1 : advance the global timer by 32ms each frame }     
05DF: write_memory 0x004AD2C0 size 2 value 0x9090 virtual_protect 1             
05DF: write_memory 0x004AD2C9 size 1 value 32 virtual_protect 1  
PfRk8Uhm.png

The game now run smooth, except probably one thing: if you alt-tab the game window while in-menu, and then go back to game, you'll notice that the game clock is not updated instantly. 

This fix does not hit the nail, it's not perfect, I know. I did examine the whole CTimer::Update() and unable to find out the reason why the game starts lagging. Probably some of you playing with my test script will understand it.
  • Wesser likes this

Silent
  • Silent

Chief Vision™ Alterer

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful [Modding] 2016
    Best Script/Plugin 2014 [SilentPatch]
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Best Vehicle 2013 [III Aircraft]
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 30 May 2015 - 03:36 PM

Capping frame delta to a constant value makes no sense, though. You're making everything run properly on fixed FPS then, which was the main reason timestep was introduced.

CTimer::Update() performs properly until you hit 1000FPS, in fact.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

Chocolate

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Hong-Kong
  • Major Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 30 May 2015 - 08:59 PM Edited by spaceeinstein, 30 May 2015 - 09:01 PM.

The suggested fix is an executable patch of gta3.img & gta3.dir. This solution makes me a bit nervous. Perhaps we should consider moving the clothing to the appropriate location instead.

Using global variables to delete and recreate the pickup may break the game if the pickup is not associated with that variable. One could write a script that goes through all the available pickups in the save and detects if a clothes pickup at that location is misplaced. The usual "fix" to the issue that I know of is to change the collision of the shop, like this.

Seemann
  • Seemann

Ruhe

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Russia
  • Best Tool 2016 [OpenIV]
    Best Tool 2013 [Sanny Builder]

Posted 30 May 2015 - 10:32 PM Edited by Seemann, 30 May 2015 - 10:37 PM.

Description: There are two off-road racing sub-missions: "Test Track" (TT) & "Trial by Dirt" (TD). There is some stats inconsistency linked to these races. TT itself works fine: when you complete it for the first time corresponding entry appears in game stats. If you improve your result further the entry updates to show your current record. The problem lies in TD mission. Its stats entry at best will be equal to TT result and at worst it won't appear in stats at all even after the mission is completed any number of times. So, getting real TD result shown in stats is impossible.

This bug occurs due to inaccurate scripting. Trial by Dirt and Test track share the same global variable to record the different stats.

//Trial by Dirt
:BMX_1_4430
00D6: if 
0038:   $BMX_NEW_RECORD_SET == 1 // integer values 
004D: jump_if_false @BMX_1_4462 
042E: downdate_integer_stat 17 to $TEST_TRACK_BEST_TIME 
//Test Trial
:BMX_2_4169
004D: jump_if_false @BMX_2_4201 
042E: downdate_integer_stat 18 to $TEST_TRACK_BEST_TIME
$TEST_TRACK_BEST_TIME = $1771
$BMX_NEW_RECORD_SET = $7885

It can be fixed in multiple ways: recompiling the BMX_1 mission with the correct variable $TRIAL_BY_DIRT_BEST_TIME ($1754), altering the variable name in memory using a CLEO script, or by hex-editing the main.scm file.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 30 May 2015 - 10:45 PM Edited by OrionSR, 02 June 2015 - 02:02 PM.

Moving the pickup should be no problem. That is the global always associated with that pickup in the PC version, and pulling the variable out of the mobile and PS2 versions should be easy enough. With cleo, just use the global to destroy and recreate the outfit if it exists. With an editor like SnP, read the index from the global and change the coordinates in the pickup record. I manipulate things like this all the time in the Chain Game saves with no ill effects in dozens of play throughs.

Added: Fixing the Havana Outfit location on the mobile version of VC should not be necessary as all coordinates in the mobile main.scm have been updated to the accessible position. For reference, the global variable is $1592.

Vice City Test Saves

These saves are based off of the earliest Before save for VC in the 3rd post. I am unable to run any tests of my own so the effects described below are predictions based on AlSar's opening post. The game clock was set to 11:00 and one minute of game-play remains before the time shown in the save name ticks in at 12:00 - probably just before.

Test 0x04000000 USJ Speedup at 60 FPS
Test 0x08000000 USJ Freeze at 60 FPS, USJ Speedup at 30 FPS
Test 0x10000000 Clock Speedup at 60 FPS, USJ Freeze at 30 FPS
Test 0x20000000 Clock Freeze at 60 FPS, Clock Speedup at 30 FPS
Test 0x40000000 Clock Freeze at 30 FPS
Test 0x80000000 In case it's useful

Can someone provide VC saves with the pedestrian glitches described as uncancelable cheats (NOBODYLIKESME and FIGHTFIGHTFIGHT)? Separate saves for each cheat along with the common Before save should provide complete information.

Added:

It can be fixed in multiple ways:

How about a cleo script that cleans up the error after a short delay? A save editor should have no trouble updating the appropriate stat based on the value in the correct global variable.

//Test Trial
:BMX_2_4169
004D: jump_if_false @BMX_2_4201
0001: wait 100 ms 
042E: downdate_integer_stat 18 to $BMX_NEW_RECORD_SET

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 09 June 2015 - 04:01 AM Edited by OrionSR, 09 June 2015 - 04:25 AM.

GTA III Mobile Time Test Saves

These test saves started as the bare bones starter saves provided my gangster and Militia These saves follow the same conventions used for the VC time test saves. The timers are set to 1 minute before the next suspected glitch level, and the clocks are set to 11:00 so look for new issues after 12:00. I'm not sure what to expect and look forward to your reports.

Android

It looks like I may have made a mistake with the custom filenames. Please let me know how they look in-game.

Unknown (GXT: est 0x04000000)

Unknown (GXT: est 0x08000000)

Unknown (GXT: est 0x10000000)

Unknown (GXT: est 0x20000000)

Unknown (GXT: est 0x40000000)

Unknown (GXT: est 0x80000000)

iOS

Test 0x04000000

Test 0x08000000

Test 0x10000000

Test 0x20000000

Test 0x40000000

Test 0x80000000

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2015 - 08:28 PM Edited by Militia, 10 June 2015 - 08:28 PM.

Ugh...

Now I got this camera glitch with the Stunt Jumps on Mobile.  No matter which one I hit, if I hit or good or bad, it stays in slow motion.  Can't fix it.  I thought this was tied to playing time...This only happens in PC and Mobile apparently, cuz it's unheard of in my PS2 copy...

This didn't happen when I did 20/20 Stunt Jumps for my Starter Save, but now that I am in Staunton Island things are getting worse and worse and more glitchy...

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 10 June 2015 - 09:14 PM Edited by OrionSR, 10 June 2015 - 09:16 PM.

Wonderful - well, not for you so much. But that's what I was looking for. Can you post your save please?

Please try out the iOS test saves posted above. Each one should provide one minute before the next potential glitch level kicks in. You are looking for:

On which save does the clock start to freeze for USJs? You can get it to freeze mid jump if you time it right.

Does the clock freeze on it's own 1 minute into the save two levels higher?

Does the clock speed up, possibly on the in-between save?

Is there ever a sudden change in traffic behavior at noon?

Does the trick of repeated screenshots eventually fix the stuck USJ clock?

Does iOS have a frame limiter setting? If so, how do you have it set?

• gangster2332 likes this

gangster2332
  • gangster2332

wandering encyclopedia

• BUSTED!
  • United-Arab-Emirates

Posted 10 June 2015 - 09:41 PM

Unknown (GXT: est 0x20000000) clock speeds up and slows down

Unknown (GXT: est 0x40000000) this save doesnt load

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2015 - 12:52 AM Edited by Militia, 11 June 2015 - 12:53 AM.

Wonderful - well, not for you so much. But that's what I was looking for. Can you post your save please?

Please try out the iOS test saves posted above. Each one should provide one minute before the next potential glitch level kicks in. You are looking for:

On which save does the clock start to freeze for USJs? You can get it to freeze mid jump if you time it right.

Does the clock freeze on it's own 1 minute into the save two levels higher?

Does the clock speed up, possibly on the in-between save?

Is there ever a sudden change in traffic behavior at noon?

Does the trick of repeated screenshots eventually fix the stuck USJ clock?

Does iOS have a frame limiter setting? If so, how do you have it set?

Glitched USJ iOS Save

Idk what you mean by the clock.  All I see is me doing the USJ and the camera is locked onto the section where you jump and land.  It won't move, I can't get it out of the camera view like that, unless I reload.

Granted, I don't care about this Glitch or whatever it is, cuz there isn't any reason for me to hit those Stunt Jumps anymore, I already got 20/20...

I never heard of a Frame Limiter, only on PC.  So I doubt it's on Mobile.  Also in the Settings for Android you can "max" out the Settings, whereas on iOS, you can't and there isn't any options in the Settings compared to how much there is for Android...

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 11 June 2015 - 02:18 AM

Oh crap. This is bad. Militia's glitchy iOS timers are:

0x02F041C8  49299912  13.69442 hours

This is much less time than the worse situation on PC - USJ with the frame limiter off at 37.5 hours. If the pattern is the same as on PC you've been having this problem for 4 hours now, and have 5 more hours until the next glitch level kicks in (test 0x04000000). Then, just before 37.5 hours (test 0x08000000) the whole thing will lock up. If I make a test save 0x02000000 will you test if the USJs work before and after noon? Is one minute enough time for a test or would two be better?

If you only run one test, please check 0x08000000. Let me know if you can get more than a minute of of that save.

Thanks gangster, but I didn't understand your report. On test 0x20000000 was the clock running fast when you loaded and then stopped at noon? Did you do any unique stunt jumps? The slow motion of the USJs usually make the glitch 4 times worse, so if the clock stops at noon on the 0x20000000 save then the clock might freeze during a USJ on the 0x08000000 save. And, does the clock suddenly speed up at noon on the  0x10000000 save?

How did the test save names appear in the load screen of Android? I didn't use GXT strings so I'm worried they didn't work properly.

• thehambone likes this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2015 - 02:25 AM

LOLOLOL....Yeah, figures...GTA III is piss easy to reach 100% with all Special Vehicles.  I can do it easily under 20 hours.  I am almost done the way it is.

That is why I don't get when you guys refer to playing time causing glitches, cuz I always experience these things early on.  Playing time doesn't even seem to be the issue.  The glitchy traffic stuff with driving backward even happens at the beginning of the game.  And even if I have low playing times, my Saves always get glitched.  I am not worried, though.  It's a harmless Glitch (for me) since I NEVER do Stunt Jumps after I complete them.  I make my own crazy stunt jumps by ramping off some grassy areas, etc.  This won't bother me game! :)

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 11 June 2015 - 02:58 AM

You had better shoot for 18.5, or run test 0x04000000 to see what's in store for you, I'm not sure if iOS does the double clock and traffic speed thing or not yet, but reports suggest that it's really hard to play. You are planning on running these test saves to help us clarify these issues for everyone even if you aren't too worried about how the glitch might effect you personally, right?

That is why I don't get when you guys refer to playing time causing glitches, cuz I always experience these things early on.  Playing time doesn't even seem to be the issue.  The glitchy traffic stuff with driving backward even happens at the beginning of the game.

Yeah, dude. We get it. Everybody knows the traffic is screwy all the time. That makes it hard to distinguish between normal bad behavior and something glitchy.  This topic is dedicated to save related issues. AlSar (et al) was able to draw a direct and precise correlation between game time and issues with the game clock and traffic (the camera is only stuck because the USJ script is stuck - it's a symptom of the clock stopping). That's why we keep talking about too much time in this topic. If you have no evidence that the glitch is an artifact of the save then this is not the place to discuss it. (You don't have to prove it, just have a reasonably good argument on why you think it might be in the save based on in-game observations.)

gangster2332
  • gangster2332

wandering encyclopedia

• BUSTED!
  • United-Arab-Emirates

Posted 11 June 2015 - 10:10 AM Edited by gangster2332, 11 June 2015 - 12:56 PM.

Thanks gangster, but I didn't understand your report. On test 0x20000000 was the clock running fast when you loaded and then stopped at noon? Did you do any unique stunt jumps? The slow motion of the USJs usually make the glitch 4 times worse, so if the clock stops at noon on the 0x20000000 save then the clock might freeze during a USJ on the 0x08000000 save. And, does the clock suddenly speed up at noon on the  0x10000000 save?

How did the test save names appear in the load screen of Android? I didn't use GXT strings so I'm worried they didn't work properly.

on 0x20000000 it started glitching at 12:00. sometimes the clock sped up fast and then slowed doen massively

also "noon", is that 12:00 or 00:00? if its 12:00 it didnt glitch on the 0x10000000 save
I'll try the usj today.

the save names are like this: by50otYl.jpg

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2015 - 04:32 PM

Hmmm, very odd.  For the Mission Waka-Gashira Wipeout, where you kill Kenji, the only way to do it is run him over, then jump off the USJ on the roof of the car park.  When I did this, I did NOT get the glitch, strangely enough...

Also, I am 90% with all 13 Special Vehicles and soon will be 100% and can post my iOS Save to the Forum.  If anyone wants to try and get it to work for Android, go right ahead...

Next I will be working on VC Starter Save for Mobile, then finish to 100% with all Special Vehicles, again, I can help the iOS/Android comparisons, then.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2015 - 10:34 PM

Here you go guys...See if it can work on Android if you like.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 12 June 2015 - 10:42 PM

Thanks Militia, but teasing out the player info isn't going to be easy.

Will you have a chance to run any of the iOS test saves before moving on to VC? Also, I could use a clean iOS starter save for Vice City; the simplest way to the first save. Nothing fancy like before.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2015 - 10:52 PM

Yeah, it's no rush, tbh.  I also would like my PS2 Garages for III added to iOS if that's possible.  I can send you a PM if need be.

Yeah, I will run those test Saves tomorrow.  And yeah, same thing, I will send the VC Save tomorrow...

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2015 - 05:19 PM

@OrionSR, waiting on your reply in PM and also here is the barebones VC Save you wanted for iOS.  All I did was started a NEW GAME, drove the EC White Admiral to Ocean Beach, and saved the Game.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 14 June 2015 - 05:03 AM

I also would like my PS2 Garages for III added to iOS if that's possible.

Yes, I believe this is possible. thehambone reported no issues with anything but the player structure in the test port.

I don't want to get into taking requests for custom save edits. Sending requests via PM is a very ineffective strategy. I don't think there's much profit to be made with a custom save editing service so instead I'll encourage you to contribute towards thehambone's save editor project. That's seems like your best bet for an intuitive tool that would allow you to manage your garages. I've already suggested the idea.

Ordinarily I'd offer to teach you how to do it yourself, but you've never shown any interest in learning this sort of thing. This should be a relatively easy process using a free trial version of the 010 editor. Maybe an Android or PC user will want to learn how to port your PS2 garages into their save and you can talk them into patching up your iOS save as well.

gangster2332
  • gangster2332

wandering encyclopedia

• BUSTED!
  • United-Arab-Emirates

Posted 14 June 2015 - 07:42 AM

I also would like my PS2 Garages for III added to iOS if that's possible.

Yes, I believe this is possible. thehambone reported no issues with anything but the player structure in the test port.

I don't want to get into taking requests for custom save edits. Sending requests via PM is a very ineffective strategy. I don't think there's much profit to be made with a custom save editing service so instead I'll encourage you to contribute towards thehambone's save editor project. That's seems like your best bet for an intuitive tool that would allow you to manage your garages. I've already suggested the idea.

Ordinarily I'd offer to teach you how to do it yourself, but you've never shown any interest in learning this sort of thing. This should be a relatively easy process using a free trial version of the 010 editor. Maybe an Android or PC user will want to learn how to port your PS2 garages into their save and you can talk them into patching up your iOS save as well.

id like to learn a little :p
apparently i suck because this is even too difficuot for me to understand -_-:

It's fixed now. I had the PC global listed in the config instead of the iOS global.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users