Alexander Blade
  • Alexander Blade

Come As You Are

• Members
  • None
  • Best Tool 2016 [OpenIV]
    Major Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 25 October 2015 - 04:20 PM

Yes because handling from update.rpf has no dlc cars .

Sorry to bump this but does this handling mod works with the latest patch/DLC?

Alexander Blade
  • Alexander Blade

Come As You Are

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2015 - 01:53 PM

Updated for 1.0.505.2

• cp1dell likes this

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 November 2015 - 03:19 AM

What had to be updated?

Alexander Blade
  • Alexander Blade

Come As You Are

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 November 2015 - 06:38 AM

New dlc cars , also damage modifier is lowered .

What had to be updated?

• cp1dell likes this

boludoz
  • boludoz

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 27 January 2016 - 11:22 PM

funny mod lol

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 January 2016 - 11:41 PM

Dammit boludoz, had me thinking the mod was updated for a moment.

• nkjellman and Mega like this

Alexander Blade
  • Alexander Blade

Come As You Are

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2016 - 06:36 PM

Updated !

• cp1dell, Mega, Quant and 1 other like this

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2016 - 08:39 PM

Nice. Always good to see continued support.

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 March 2016 - 11:33 AM

Does the Classic Handling supports the latest version of GTAV?

Alexander Blade
  • Alexander Blade

Come As You Are

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 March 2016 - 01:28 PM

Yeah it does .

Does the Classic Handling supports the latest version of GTAV?

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 March 2016 - 06:37 PM Edited by cp1dell, 16 March 2016 - 06:37 PM.

This, plus InfamousSabre's Custom Steering script using the "Stock - No Countersteer.ini" (don't forget to rename the .ini to "CustomSteering.ini") is perfect. The amazing handling modifications by Alex plus disabling the hand-holding countersteer implemented by Rockstar completely restores IV's driving.

The Mid-Air AutoCorrection Disabler script is worth checking out too since it completely disables controlling the vehicle in mid-air - making vehicle rollover physics behave normally - and it also disables being able to roll your car off its side or roof.

• Mega, PhillBellic and SilverRST like this

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2016 - 02:08 PM

May I know how you made the cars drive like GTAIV? I'd like to give the newest dlc cars GTAIV handling.

For now they are as fast as the speed of light and handles like glue on asphalt.

Alexander Blade
  • Alexander Blade

Come As You Are

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 June 2016 - 01:47 PM

You can use already existing handling records from the mod to add a new ones and just tweak basic vehicle parameters there .

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 16 June 2016 - 08:20 AM

I have just seen this Topic, Alex.

How different is your Handling Mod from 'Realistic Driving' Mod made by Killatomate?

Anyway, keep it up.

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 June 2016 - 12:02 PM Edited by SilverRST, 16 June 2016 - 12:03 PM.

I have just seen this Topic, Alex.

How different is your Handling Mod from 'Realistic Driving' Mod made by Killatomate?

Anyway, keep it up.

You have to try it yourself to know the difference. And you mean the handling mod by Killatomate for GTAIV?

I would love it it he would make one for GTAV for all cars and bikes.

For now I am trying to give the newest dlc cars GTAIV handling mod but i know sh*t about GTAV handling.meta

and gotta find some cars that do fit good enough for the dlc cars.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2016 - 01:46 PM

Any new updates planned? It's been a while, and we've gotten a few new cars with the past couple updates.

• SilverRST likes this

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2016 - 02:24 PM

Yeah, I would love the classic handling for the newest dlc cars, especially the offroad would have offroad handling like Sandking XL IV handling.

There is no other perfect IV handling, only this one.

Killthosepuppies
  • Killthosepuppies

Player Hater

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 17 July 2016 - 01:41 PM

YESS! Thank you for this.

But in my opinion this suspension wobbling should not be used in hi-end modern vehicles. Firstly, these vehicles made for smooth flat road, so suspension is more rigid. Secondly, front wheels on such vehicles protrude through the body on the corners, it looks really weird.

Killthosepuppies
  • Killthosepuppies

Player Hater

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 18 July 2016 - 07:15 PM

I'm here again.

I decided to tweak this handling for myself to eliminate bug when wheels stick out through the body when riding certain cars. It works really well now. I'm sure here are people who want this too. So I'm asking permission to destribute it here or on gta5-mods. Alexander, could you please drop a line about permissions? I'll give full credits ofc. Or you just can grab my tweaked version and place it here as "protruding-free" edition, it's even better way I guess :lol: 

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 July 2016 - 07:21 PM

I'm here again.

I decided to tweak this handling for myself to eliminate bug when wheels stick out through the body when riding certain cars. It works really well now. I'm sure here are people who want this too. So I'm asking permission to destribute it here or on gta5-mods. Alexander, could you please drop a line about permissions? I'll give full credits ofc. Or you just can grab my tweaked version and place it here as "protruding-free" edition, it's even better way I guess :lol:

Have you also done the dlc vehicles?

Killthosepuppies
  • Killthosepuppies

Player Hater

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 18 July 2016 - 07:33 PM Edited by Killthosepuppies, 18 July 2016 - 07:47 PM.

I'm here again.

I edited all records within handling.meta by Alex which includes all dlc up to lowriders2 I guess.

I'm not much into handling. I want to make GTAIV-style handling for newest cars, but I can't, because I can't fully understand what those parameters actually do. All I did was found one parameter that handles suspension upper limit and manually replaced every record with default ones from vanilla handling, and\or tweaked them on my own. Almost every hi-end sports and hypercar suffers from wheels sticking out through the fenders almost on every turn, but I edited every vehicle (just to be sure).

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 July 2016 - 07:55 PM

I'm here again.

I edited all records within handling.meta by Alex which includes all dlc up to lowriders2 I guess.

I'm not much into handling. I want to make GTAIV-style handling for newest cars, but I can't, because I can't fully understand what those parameters actually do. All I did was found one parameter that handles suspension upper limit and manually replaced every record with default ones from vanilla handling, and\or tweaked them on my own. Almost every hi-end sports and hypercar suffers from wheels sticking out through the fenders almost on every turn, but I edited every vehicle (just to be sure).

I see. Yeah, I know it's kind of difficult to understand the handling parameters. Thought it would be really to edit the newest dlc vehicles handling.

I still cannot understand why and how R* truly and totally screwed up the V handling. It feels like it's made for 3 years old kids.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2016 - 11:12 PM

I've tried looking at the handling.meta, and even comparing it to the game's default handling.meta - but there's just so many parameters for each vehicle that are changed. Some I'm not even sure what they do. On top of that there doesn't seem to be any clear pattern to how Alex modifies the vehicles, how he determines what to change the values to. I don't know if he's using IV's handling.dat as a reference and using certain vehicles' stats as a base for their "GTA V counterpart" or what, so it's really hard to try to pick up where he left off and add support for the new vehicles while keeping the handling consistent with the ones he has modified.

I really hope he either

A. Updates this to support the new vehicles. Perhaps he's even waiting until GTAO is done with receiving updates so he can do one final update alltogether

B. Tells us his method/thought process to making the vehicles handle the way they do, that way someone else can update the mod for him. Maybe even add support for all the other vehicles, not just cars.

Killthosepuppies
  • Killthosepuppies

Player Hater

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 24 July 2016 - 09:50 PM Edited by Killthosepuppies, 24 July 2016 - 09:51 PM.

I've tried looking at the handling.meta, and even comparing it to the game's default handling.meta - but there's just so many parameters for each vehicle that are changed. Some I'm not even sure what they do. On top of that there doesn't seem to be any clear pattern to how Alex modifies the vehicles, how he determines what to change the values to. I don't know if he's using IV's handling.dat as a reference and using certain vehicles' stats as a base for their "GTA V counterpart" or what, so it's really hard to try to pick up where he left off and add support for the new vehicles while keeping the handling consistent with the ones he has modified.

I really hope he either

A. Updates this to support the new vehicles. Perhaps he's even waiting until GTAO is done with receiving updates so he can do one final update alltogether

B. Tells us his method/thought process to making the vehicles handle the way they do, that way someone else can update the mod for him. Maybe even add support for all the other vehicles, not just cars.

I think his method looks like this:

He just copies vanilla handling.meta records from dlcs into his file into the bottom. Then he manually modifies all parameters. I guess there are three types of parameters, 1st type needs for tweaking a bit, some presets may be used here (e.g. mass, suspension limit), 2nd needs to be replaced entirely with some constants (e.g. AntiRollBarForce, damage multiplier), 3d is ignored completely (tank, cost, gearbox etc). This method is pretty fast, but you really need to know which cars are behind the internal names and purposes of certain parameters. You need to mimic Alex's method and understand his presets and know his constants to do this job automatically.

I've learned it a bit, but I'm not ready to made proper handling for newest vehicles yet.

• cp1dell and Mercury Reborn like this

Killthosepuppies
  • Killthosepuppies

Player Hater

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 29 July 2016 - 02:12 PM Edited by Killthosepuppies, 28 September 2016 - 06:19 PM.

-

Mercury Reborn
  • Mercury Reborn

Goodman

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 April 2017 - 12:38 PM

I believe the link got expired, can someone re-upload this mod again please ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users