Classic Handling

V Released
86 replies to this topic
Killatomate
  • Killatomate

Handling.dat Geek

• Members

Posted 15 June 2015 - 09:52 AM

Every night since GTA V release when I lay myself in bed I pray. I pray to our Modding God. I always thank him for Asi loader, Native Trainer, Script Hook V and many other gifts for people.

In my prayers I ask him if he can find solution to:

• fix auto-countersteering assist on the vehicles,
  • fix auto-brake on vehicles (when you let of the gas),
  • fix inertion and weight shifting,
  • fix motorcycle physics,
  • add ability to deform doors and roof.

I know those things are hard-coded and can only be harnessed by The Chosen One.

I hope one morning I wake up and I'm happy again. I am happy because GTA V driving physics is finally enjoyable.

dont forget the over-sensitive steering. reaching max steering only takes 0.25 seconds of steering input. should be increased to 0.5 - 0.6 seconds.

• kerwasa and CristianoL. like this

Luna Lovegood
  • Luna Lovegood

You're just sane as i am

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 15 June 2015 - 02:21 PM

is this compatible with the latest patch?

Alexander Blade
  • Alexander Blade

Come As You Are

• Members
  • None
  • Best Tool 2016 [OpenIV]
    Major Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 15 June 2015 - 02:39 PM

Yes

is this compatible with the latest patch?

Anach
  • Anach

Snitch

• Members

Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:17 AM

I quite like most the changes here, all except that many of the vehicles have a massive amount of understeer, even at fairly low speeds.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 June 2015 - 07:46 AM

@Alexander Blade: I'm working on a version of this mod which has realistic top speeds and vehicle deformation. It is actually working very nicely. Long story short, it is GTA V's driving the way it should of been.

Anyways, is it alright if I upload it?

• cp1dell and CristianoL. like this

Alexander Blade
  • Alexander Blade

Come As You Are

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 June 2015 - 07:58 AM

Sure , post it here , I'll update the 1st post !

@Alexander Blade: I'm working on a version of this mod which has realistic top speeds and vehicle deformation. It is actually working very nicely. Long story short, it is GTA V's driving the way it should of been.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 June 2015 - 08:54 AM Edited by nkjellman, 17 June 2015 - 08:55 AM.

Sounds like a plan. However, it will need some adaptations for you're handling, regarding the super cars. Quite a few of them are not going up to their right speed. A fully upgraded Tourismo only gets to 200 mph. I want to get it so a stock one gets up to the speed advertised on the website. Also, I am going to try and look into getting planes to go fast too. The Lazer will travel as fast as the game will allow, which I believe is 360 mph.

But none the less, it is some fun driving.

Alabeo
  • Alabeo

Player Hater

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 17 June 2015 - 06:26 PM

Alex, some cars have weird suspension problem where they have either front too low, and rear too high or other way around. To fix that, manipulate fSuspensionBiasFront.

Value above 0.500000 shifts front suspension up, lowering rear, while below is doing opposite. Putting Middle value is never an answer though!

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 June 2015 - 06:18 AM

Sounds like a plan. However, it will need some adaptations for you're handling, regarding the super cars. Quite a few of them are not going up to their right speed. A fully upgraded Tourismo only gets to 200 mph. I want to get it so a stock one gets up to the speed advertised on the website. Also, I am going to try and look into getting planes to go fast too. The Lazer will travel as fast as the game will allow, which I believe is 360 mph.

But none the less, it is some fun driving.

Could you possibly release two versions? One with your top-speeds, and one with the game/Alex's top-speeds? I mean, with most of Rockstar's games they have the top-speeds set to whatever for a reason, usually to make the map feel bigger and look like you're actually going fast, so things are scaled accordingly. Like in SA the top-speeds weren't that amazing, and you also had that motion blur which added to the illusion.

It would just be nice to have the option.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 June 2015 - 05:23 AM

Alright. Here is my edited version of the mod which has more realistic deformation and top speeds. Please report any bugs that you may encounter.

https://mega.co.nz/#...L6L-NT_nPBPe_gY

• cp1dell and faizauthar12 like this

CeasarGuy
  • CeasarGuy

Feminist's Nightmare

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 22 June 2015 - 05:52 AM

Alright. Here is my edited version of the mod which has more realistic deformation and top speeds. Please report any bugs that you may encounter.

https://mega.co.nz/#...L6L-NT_nPBPe_gY

Upload this to gta5-mods.com

It'll look way less shady and will be way more popular than simply copy-pasting link here.

Also, I gotta ask, did you adjust your mod for the newest DLC?

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 June 2015 - 06:05 AM Edited by cp1dell, 22 June 2015 - 06:15 AM.

What's so shady about it? If you're thinking that people might assume there's malware in it, that's only for .asi scripts. This is just an edited handling.meta file.

nkjellman, how'd you come up with your deformation values, and did you change the values based on their previous value or edit them all to the same value? And did you accordingly adjust the vehicle's collision health so the engine doesn't die after one or two crashes?

Just curious since there a few other mods out there that try to fix the deformation, but the authors seems to change the value to something "random," or touch the wrong setting (if I remember correctly, there's two or three values that affect deformation/collisions), as well as not adjusting the vehicle's collision health.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 June 2015 - 06:49 AM

What's so shady about it? If you're thinking that people might assume there's malware in it, that's only for .asi scripts. This is just an edited handling.meta file.

nkjellman, how'd you come up with your deformation values, and did you change the values based on their previous value or edit them all to the same value? And did you accordingly adjust the vehicle's collision health so the engine doesn't die after one or two crashes?

Just curious since there a few other mods out there that try to fix the deformation, but the authors seems to change the value to something "random," or touch the wrong setting (if I remember correctly, there's two or three values that affect deformation/collisions), as well as not adjusting the vehicle's collision health.

It needs work. I have to work on the vehicle health, as well as adjust the top speeds to be more realistic. But regardless, it still beats the default deformation.

• cp1dell likes this

Alabeo
  • Alabeo

Player Hater

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 24 June 2015 - 03:53 PM

The amount of understeer is so bad that many cars are useless at high speeds.

• CristianoL. likes this

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2015 - 03:11 PM

The amount of understeer is so bad that many cars are useless at high speeds.

I think that is a little worse in realistic handling mods.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 June 2015 - 07:36 AM

Weird. So using Alex's or nkjellman's handling.meta causes my game to crash when it's loading Story Mode. It's odd because I've been able to use other mods before that edit the handling.meta in the common.rpf and update.rpf (Better Deformation+Vehicle Durability 0.4b).

I'm installing this correctly, right? I'm replacing the handling.meta in update.rpf with the modified one?

Alexander Blade
  • Alexander Blade

Come As You Are

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 June 2015 - 02:23 PM

Try with clean archives and the latest patch , the only rpf where it should be replaced is update.rpf

Weird. So using Alex's or nkjellman's handling.meta causes my game to crash when it's loading Story Mode. It's odd because I've been able to use other mods before that edit the handling.meta in the common.rpf and update.rpf (Better Deformation+Vehicle Durability 0.4b).

I'm installing this correctly, right? I'm replacing the handling.meta in update.rpf with the modified one?

• cp1dell likes this

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:25 PM

Try with clean archives and the latest patch , the only rpf where it should be replaced is update.rpf

That and make sure that you have the latest version of OpenIV.asi and ScripthookV.dll installed.
  • cp1dell likes this

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:37 PM Edited by cp1dell, 30 June 2015 - 05:44 PM.

Well, having a clean archive helped. Got it working.

But after I install my other mods that replace files in the .rpf the game crashes. But if I restore the default handling.meta, no crashes. Very strange how this seems to be incompatible with other mods, but I haven't had trouble with any other mods that replace the handling.meta files. Just this one.

EDIT: Yup. Just tested out obajtektsw92's "GTA IV Styled Handling" and no crashes when starting the game. No crashes either yesterday when I tried Corinarh's "Better Deformation + More Durable Cars."

For some reason having this mod's handling.meta alongside other mods causes the game to crash on startup.

Alexander Blade
  • Alexander Blade

Come As You Are

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 June 2015 - 07:01 PM

cp1dell

Probably that handlings have no DLC cars unlike this one .

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 June 2015 - 08:56 PM

I don't know about the "Better Deformation" one, but the other "IV Handling" mod says it includes the DLC cars.

Alabeo
  • Alabeo

Player Hater

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 03 July 2015 - 08:39 PM

cp1dell

Probably that handlings have no DLC cars unlike this one .

Can you try to make mod with vanilla high-speeds and less understeer?

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 July 2015 - 01:10 AM Edited by cp1dell, 10 July 2015 - 01:11 AM.

So, any chance of this being updated for the new DLC cars, and maybe classic handling for all the other vehicles like motorcycles, helicopters, planes, and boats?

And it seems the guy who made the other "GTA IV Handling Mod" had the same issue, where people with other edited .rpf mods would crash on startup with the edited handling.meta, but somehow he fixed it and released an update a while back. Sadly he never said what was wrong, and what he fixed though.

Alexander Blade
  • Alexander Blade

Come As You Are

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 July 2015 - 07:39 PM

Can you post the links to the mods which while being used together with this handling give a crash ?

So, any chance of this being updated for the new DLC cars, and maybe classic handling for all the other vehicles like motorcycles, helicopters, planes, and boats?

And it seems the guy who made the other "GTA IV Handling Mod" had the same issue, where people with other edited .rpf mods would crash on startup with the edited handling.meta, but somehow he fixed it and released an update a while back. Sadly he never said what was wrong, and what he fixed though.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 July 2015 - 01:02 AM

Crime and Police Rebalance & Enhancement

Refined Weapons and Gunplay

.asi plugins, LUA scripts, and NET scripts have no issue. But it seems whenever I have other mods installed that edit .rpf files, it crashes.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 July 2015 - 02:41 AM

I have the Crime and Enforcement installed, but not the Refined Weapons one. However, I didn't install the vehicles.meta file. I think that may be the issue.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 July 2015 - 02:46 AM Edited by cp1dell, 11 July 2015 - 03:09 AM.

Do handling.meta and vehicles.meta have anything to do with each other?

I'll restore the default vehicles.meta since I have a backup. Still, I find it odd that the other GTA IV Handling mod doesn't cause crashes, and it includes DLC vehicles as well. I much prefer Alex's restoration of IV's handling though.

So um...

I removed the vehicles.meta file, and everything worked fine. Perfect. Just for the hell of it I restored it, alongside Alex's GTA IV handling.meta and well, still no crash at the startup.

I have no idea what could have changed, but the last patch it would always crash. That's not the case anymore.

So uh, problem solved? I guess?

Alexander Blade
  • Alexander Blade

Come As You Are

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2015 - 01:56 PM

It's updated , new dlc cars added as well

• cp1dell likes this

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2015 - 09:34 PM

Thanks for updating this. Really appreciate it. Glad to see someone not abandoning their handling mod like all the others, haha.

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 October 2015 - 03:59 PM

Sorry to bump this but does this handling mod works with the latest patch/DLC?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users