Photo

Liberty city vs vice city

38 replies to this topic
RS STAR
  • RS STAR

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 January 2003 - 11:32 AM

which city map do you like better not by what games better or coz vice is new er and it has indoor areas but by the map in the way its deigned and the land marks.........so which one do you like
i prefer liberty city coz its more hilly but i still like vice city for its allyways and stuff

Santino Carleone
  • Santino Carleone

Prankster ™

• Members

Posted 08 January 2003 - 11:36 AM

I agree with you, Vice city is good for it's allyways and indoor areas but I prefer Liberty city because it is not flat like VC and has a more gloomy dark feel about it all the time and i think the streets are organised better in liberty.

RS STAR
  • RS STAR

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 January 2003 - 11:42 AM

i agree santino about the streets are organized better R* probably had more time to do so coz vice city was done in a year

Larcen
  • Larcen

konichiwa, bitches

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 08 January 2003 - 11:44 AM

Both are different, but I guess it depends on ones taste in climate.  LC's New York based streets seemed more in depth and vast, and VC could be torn through because its so flat and the beaches also take up space.  

Liberty Wins.

joshsmog
  • joshsmog

A spammer

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 January 2003 - 12:03 PM

rampages i find are more fun in VICE CITY and so is racing around but in liberty city its hard to race around fast especialy in shoreside vale i hate that place but its more fun and complex in liberty city i prefer vice city just because i havent played it alot but if i played vice city as much gta3s liberty city wins

Rock*
  • Rock*

1 Man Spam

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 January 2003 - 06:55 PM

Grand Theft Auto 3 Liberty City Is Better than Vice City !

If you could have gta3 With all the veihcles & weapons in Vice City it would be awesome!!!!

Vice city Has No HILLS  :sui:

I think that the hills in Gta3 made the game what it is !
I wouldn't play Gta3 after i bought Vice City....
But when i put it on the other day to take some Screen Shots i found my self Enjoying it ! I couldn't turn it off! Maffia, Hills, Gang's just the hole game really!

You Gota Admit it !
nd Theft Auto 3
Revolusionised The whole Series Of Gta

Check this Out Loop The Loop In the Cheetah / Gta 3

wilzo9
  • wilzo9

GET RID OF THESE STARS! I DIDN'T DO NUTTIN'

• Members

Posted 09 January 2003 - 07:35 PM

Quote (Rock* @ Jan. 09 2003,18:55)
Grand Theft Auto 3 Liberty City Is Better than Vice City !

If you could have gta3 With all the veihcles & weapons in Vice City it would be awesome!!!!

Now HERE'S sum1 who shares the same veiws wit me.   Don't get me wrong, Vice iz still gr8, though. BUT GTA3 IZ BETTER

vcpd19
  • vcpd19

(TCB) Governor #1

• Members

Posted 09 January 2003 - 09:43 PM

Vice City I like more, it has cool clear water and bright colors! LC is too dark I think.  :die: and  :sui: 's happan in LC too much. lol

Ice_cobra
  • Ice_cobra

--.::-Subliminally-::. -- .::-Insane-::.

• Members

Posted 10 January 2003 - 01:31 AM

I loved Liberty City cause there were ledges to jump off, hills, etc.

SolidCheat
  • SolidCheat

Homie

• Members

Posted 10 January 2003 - 02:03 AM

I loved Liberty for the hills and such, I loved seeing cops trying to chase me when I jumped accross the dam in Shoreside. Personally, I think Liberty is better for chases and stuff...

But if you want high-speed chases (without all the jumps and stuff), Vice is better.

Personally, I like both maps for different reasons. Both win. :r*:

AlianAnt
  • AlianAnt

For those about to rock!

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 10 January 2003 - 02:07 AM

Liberty is better. Its just the atmosphear. It seems more fun. I live in Florda, a 3 hr dive from Miami and it ws nice to jump off a hill without the guy screeming and then about .003 ways down it shows the guy fall into nothingness. I loved driving down the mini bridge in SSV with a banshee heding into rich-mans-land and after the Cartel manshion theres that clif and I just drive off that! I land car ceaches fire, I get out and run. Its relly rewarding :)

Apocalypse89
  • Apocalypse89

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 January 2003 - 12:59 PM

Vice City is better In my opinion.

1. NO HILLS
Hills were just a nuisance. That day I tried out GTA3 after playing VC for one month straight and I decided to start a chase. Near the airport I decided that I will take a shortcut so I did and next thing I know I'm flying over a series of hills and my car flips over. Also this is a CITY game. Hills have no business in it. If I want hills I'll play some rally game or somethin. The real jumps and stunts belong on the roads, buildings, and rooftops, something that Vice implements PERFECTLY.

2. Layout
In the same gaming session mentioned above I noticed how stupid Liberty's layout was. R* seemed to have just threw a bunch of roads on top of land and programmed buildings in between. VC uses the ingenious "Trunk and branches" Road system with a big main drag with roads leading out. Liberty's Portland had one but it was on the side of a wide Island so it had no use, and the Staunton circular one was a joke. As for the little roads in between, Vice also implements them better, with each road having a use.

3. Atmosphere
GTA3's atmosphere was dull, lifeless, and depressing. The buildings were all grey, everything was dirty, and my eyes were paining. Vice, on the other hand, has a "big-time" crime boss atmosphere to it, which I love. Also, whoever says this game has no gloominess whatsoever hasn't:
1. Explored the city's alleyways and backstreets.
2. Visited the second Island.

4.Accessibilty
In GTA3, you were confined to roads and a few buildings and off-road locations. In Vice, everyother building has an alleyway or backstreet behind it, and the rooftops are all accesible by aircraft. Also, people complain that R* wasted space with the beach and airport. Well, I prefer having some free space for me to do whatever I want rather than less space.

Well, this is my report on why I like Vice more than Liberty. However, remember, this is MY opinion, I have no problem if you write a report simlar to this one. However, if try and rip apart my report or say "Your opinion is wrong" then sorry, but a couple of men in black armed with sawed-off shotguns will be visiting you tonight :devil: .

phucker76
  • phucker76

phucker76

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 January 2003 - 01:54 PM

i like vice city better because its bigger, looks better and you can go in buildings.
And the game's better....

Rock*
  • Rock*

1 Man Spam

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 January 2003 - 04:33 PM

The AI for the police in Gta3 Was much better than Vc!!
The Police In Gta3 Give a lot better Chase, Better Road Blocks

WidowMaker
  • WidowMaker

Born with a black hat.

• The Precinct

Posted 10 January 2003 - 05:01 PM

Quote (Rock* @ Jan. 10 2003,16:33)
The AI for the police in Gta3 Was much better than Vc!!
The Police In Gta3 Give a lot better Chase, Better Road Blocks

No impossible, The police are everything that they were in gta3 plus they can puncture tires, they duck behind cars rising only to shoot at you, they have back up from undercover officers, SWAT decend from helicopters and they are generally more inteligent.

Afterall The police in VC began the same way as in GTA3, it would be really bad to make them worse!

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 11 January 2003 - 04:17 PM

VC is too flat. Flat is boring.

Mini-Gun
  • Mini-Gun

VC Legend

• Members

Posted 11 January 2003 - 06:05 PM

Liberty City is much better. But VC's is still good. I like the airport. The sheer size of it is amazing.

VideoPoker
  • VideoPoker

Boss

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 11 January 2003 - 08:06 PM

Liberty City was better, But like everyone else I still think Vice City is amazing. But I hate the airport it's just a huge amazing waste of space...

All_Vice_City
  • All_Vice_City

Loonies Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 January 2003 - 08:18 PM

I like the airport in Vice, it has alot of cool jumps.

MafiosoMan
  • MafiosoMan

Looking for a good cause

• Members

Posted 11 January 2003 - 09:50 PM

I like Vice because of the neon lights on teh hotels. and the water is more clear, but liberty has better gangs so they both have pros and cons.

Digital Murders
  • Digital Murders

&?

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 11 January 2003 - 11:11 PM

In Vice the beach and the airport make about 40% of the islands, especially the beach, they could've added a whole 'nother island to the game if they made the beach smaller. The airport is kind of pointless seeing as there are no planes, not even a dodo or chopper to steal there, so that could've been smaller. Vice is also flat, so you can't make random flips that you don't want to do, but they end up kickin a** any way. In GTA3 I've had so many more memorable moments because the game was so glitched up. Liberty looks more like an actual city, It's dark, polluted, and the gangs seemed more original. Vice really isn't as big as it's cracked up to be, there's just more randomly placed roads with alleys. Like I said before if you put the beach and airport together you could get a whole other island. Ultimately, Vice has a 'happy giddy' feeling to it, as if there is no crime, which I don't like, Liberty had the vibe of crime and drugs etc to it. Vice is kind of a waste in my opinion. :dozing:

majestik
  • majestik

Boris the Bullet-Dodger

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 11 January 2003 - 11:34 PM

so people lots of people like hills eh?
/me takes a note for future maps

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

"The chickens are plotting..."

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2014 [Advice with girlfriends]

Posted 11 January 2003 - 11:49 PM

We've had a year to play gta3. memories stacked higher than we can imagine. Give vice time, and you will love it all over again, like a fresh gta3.

SupremeBeing
  • SupremeBeing

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 January 2003 - 08:25 PM

Liberty City is a better map but Vice City is a better game!

mark_1000
  • mark_1000

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 January 2003 - 06:55 AM

yer, VC is way too flat, and the airport and beach r a waste of space...i would like to see more ladders and bridges between buildings like gta 2...and more buildigs, that are higher...i like to explore and actually find something...

B-Boy K.Z
  • B-Boy K.Z

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 January 2003 - 06:53 PM

I think that vice citys map is better beacause you have more stuff like the dirttracks, golf course

gta san andreas_OLD
  • gta san andreas_OLD

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 January 2003 - 11:41 PM

for the first couple of days playing vice city, i had this gut feeling something wasnt quite right about it,apart from the trials mode in vice being much worse than gta3- there was something else.
and i didnt click what it was until only 2 weeks ago-THERES NO HILLS!!!!!
i havent come across a single town/city in real life with a flat landscape- maybe its just me?
but this wasnt it-i feel the brightness makes it feel fake, and up until 2 weeks ago i thought gta3 was much better.
but 2 weeks ago i decided to go have a play on gta3, to my horror, i felt it wasnt as good anymore :O  :O , he didnt walk or run quick enough-was just too slow, the camera angle was too low as well, things which were spot on before!!!!
then i jumped in my banshee- too slow as well, but i think this is caused by the fact the roads are alot more spacious in gta3 giving the impression you're slower, and the camera angle was all wrong again- this time too high!not by alot but just enough for me to notice!
everyone gets excited by the fact theres alot more cars in vice, but to me they're too many- on most 1 hour plays i probably dont see half- no joke! i didnt know what a glendale was until not so long ago and ive had the game since release(uk)
back to the main question:
liberty city is a far more real landscape, it has hills, bumps,kerbs you can walk on and enough alleyways to please me!
i know its not, but the islands feel "wider", i hate the fact that vice's maps are very long, if there were just 3 main islands with slightly wider profiles, they'd be almost spot on!
also the layout i feel is more realistic in liberty city!
for example-portland island is the industrial area, the docks are there and its mostly what you would associate as out of town places of work, there is no housing with the exception of the diablo area with flats which are present in these areas as its cheap land!
staunton island is the "downtown" area-shops and recreational areas- the only thing which would of made it better is more accesible rooftops and buildings. also more defined shops!
shoreside vale-housing basically with another industrial estate, topped off with a airport, i personnaly think they could of made more use with the airport, and impo think it was unfinsihed!
to me-thats a real city, it just feels more complete!
vice city:
1st island-i dunno
starfish island-somewhere to put diazs mansion!!!
leaf links-i think a golf course is a neat idea, but takes up alot of space for which imo is only needed for a mission!
prawn island- very neat idea- but again, once the missions are done- any need?
2nd island-my favourite island, theres something useful everywhere on it- a nice long stretch for blasting down on ur bike, loads of shops to look at and hold up,a stadium and generally more realistic!
i personally prefer liberty as you can tell- also i feel the gangs in liberty city are more distinctive and serve more of a purpose, the radio stations are much better in gta3 as well but emotion and fever on vie are brilliant!!
ive definitley had better moments playing liberty city!
:inlove:
although i like the idea of owning businesses,but i felt that the safehouses were much better in liberty city!
one last rant- popping windscreens are god fun,but,and i dont know if it was just me- who else used to cruise around liberty city in a fast car, then pull up at the lights,drive by and have a "race" with another car?  i loved to do that but sadly have only been able to ull this off on motorbikes on vice city, the pedestrians are much more reluctant and 9/10 times i end up shooting the wheels which are/should be much lower than my range of fire from the window?!
i think popping tires is very cool, but you should really have to aim to get them- and windows- why just the windscreen, i want to pop all windows!!!!!?
thats my long post over- sorry! :blush:
just had to get a few things off my chest!
im sure ive missed things out which other people have brought up- so id love to see everyone else thoughts!

Redplague
  • Redplague

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 January 2003 - 03:35 AM

I have to say i prefer Libety City. I love that dark noir feel it has, especially the first island. For almost the entire time i was there it felt like the entire city had a deep loathing for me(i don't mean the game did dumb crap that made me fail missions, i'm not a masochist), like it was screaming that it didn't want me there, like i should have died on that bridge. Made me feel right at home.

Warmaster129
  • Warmaster129

Playa

• Members

Posted 28 January 2003 - 04:07 AM

Quote (gta san andreas @ Jan. 27 2003,23:41)
i havent come across a single town/city in real life with a flat landscape- maybe its just me?

You have obviously never been to Kansas then.

cice
  • cice

Ω

• Members

Posted 28 January 2003 - 04:13 AM

I like liberty better, it is a REAL city, In think that vice city is just way to confusing to navigate, and i feel that the city may have been a little rushed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users