[PoC|V] Creating a DLC pack and adding a "new" weapon

38 replies to this topic
Dilapidated
  • Dilapidated

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:52 PM

So this was working before the most recent update. Can anyone else confirm that rockstar f*cked this up for them to? Anytime I add a dlc.rpf and add that to the dlclist.xml I get a crash to CTD. sh*t is pissing me off to no end.

Dilapidated
  • Dilapidated

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 September 2015 - 12:47 AM

Sorry for the double post but has anyone who was using this method had success since the update?

I'm sure there's a mod that uses this method out there somewhere. Hopefully someone knows something...

Dilapidated
  • Dilapidated

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 September 2015 - 06:44 AM Edited by Dilapidation, 29 September 2015 - 06:45 AM.

Well here comes the triple post... but with good news. I can confirm the DLC method still works! After about 8 hours I was able to figure out the issue. Simple typo in a .meta file. Sorry for all the madness guys but hopefully this will be helpful for someone else in the future.

UHDFreddyEST
  • UHDFreddyEST

Player Hater

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 30 December 2015 - 10:27 AM

Hy,

i want to know what lines i must to change in gameconfig.xml file to add about 100 000 new wehicles, without game send error out of memory. I plan add all popular cars like Acura, BMW, Audis, Ferraris, Fords, Lambos and so on. i think its possible, i finf something what lines i must edit but game start to send out of memory error. Can anybody help me.

Sorry my bad English

Best Regards
UHDFreddyEST

Mr.Arrow
  • Mr.Arrow

God Save the Penis

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 January 2016 - 08:51 AM

So is it possible to add new weapons similar to cars?

PH.Nich
  • PH.Nich

Player Hater

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 05 July 2016 - 05:00 PM

I added 2 weapons. The game crashed in the middle of loading screen saying my game is corrupted, please reinstall bla bla bla...

PH.Nich
  • PH.Nich

Player Hater

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 06 July 2016 - 05:46 AM

I tried adding just one (i.e. revolver). The game successfully loaded but then when I type "WEAPON_REVOLVER" in the trainer, the trainer crashed but the game did not. It says missing animations on slot 2 and slot 5. I guess there is something wrong in weaponanimations.meta

metroidguy
  • metroidguy

Player Hater

• Members
  • Ecuador

Posted 22 February 2017 - 07:14 PM

Might wanna update this. No longer works :/

ins1de
  • ins1de

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 11 April 2017 - 12:04 PM

So is it possible to add new weapons similar to cars?

Yes.

I added 2 weapons. The game crashed in the middle of loading screen saying my game is corrupted, please reinstall bla bla bla...

You've probably done a typo or your models are corrupted.

Might wanna update this. No longer works :/

It is still working...

Anyways, thanks for the tutorial. I had previously done exactly the same for additional peds and it worked out pretty well. Now with weapons, it's extremly painful as you have to edit tons of lines.. which often lead to crashes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users