The more I play Ballad of Gay Tony the worse it gets

106 replies to this topic
PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:57 AM

TBOGT needed Didier Sachs or Perseus open. Luis needed a range of clothes to wear.

Yeah that was pretty much the only thing missing for it. TBOGT showed us the Flashy side of LC I wanted some flashy clothes for Luis to go along with it.

Perhaps Perseus is Closed, because Luis Cleaned them out of all their Stock?

I like creating In-Universe Reasons for such things.

• UshaB likes this

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

Big Homie

• The Lost MC
  • Unknown

Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:59 AM

I gave him the black suit he dresses in when club managing. Via the trainer. The rest of his clothes either made him look like the average latino gangster from the hood, or like a queer.

• Payne Killer likes this

UshaB
  • UshaB

Nacho Libre - "I wanna weeeeeen!"

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 March 2016 - 03:00 AM

That...is the the worst in-universe reason I've ever heard.

• Majestic81, Voit Turyv, Niobium and 4 others like this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 March 2016 - 03:01 AM Edited by Zello, 08 March 2016 - 03:02 AM.

I liked the clothes he used in the LC Cage fights too bad we can't wear them outside of that.

Unless you mod it or something

• UshaB likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Facade
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 08 March 2016 - 03:02 AM

TBOGT needed Didier Sachs or Perseus open. Luis needed a range of clothes to wear.

Yeah that was pretty much the only thing missing for it. TBOGT showed us the Flashy side of LC I wanted some flashy clothes for Luis to go along with it.

But that doesn't explain why he has like only two formal tops and one suit.

• Niobium and Uncle Vlad like this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 08 March 2016 - 03:04 AM

But that doesn't explain why he has like only two formal tops and one suit.

He's the Busta of the HD Era. :D

• Jeansowaty and Niobium like this

UshaB
  • UshaB

Nacho Libre - "I wanna weeeeeen!"

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 March 2016 - 03:05 AM

I liked the clothes he used in the LC Cage fights too bad we can't wear them outside of that.

Unless you mod it or something

I hoped that you'd get that outfit after becoming the Champ of LC. After winning, I was disappointed. I really liked that outfit.

• Zello likes this

PK_PrecisionZ
  • PK_PrecisionZ

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 17 June 2016 - 07:14 PM

i love TBOGT and i like Luis hes pretty chilled and cool 

• Mister Pink, O.Z and SmokesWithCigs like this

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 17 July 2016 - 02:13 AM

the missions are horrible. but it's a good basis for modding. it has better optimization, more cars,clubs, islands opened by default, taxi available since start, and cool radios. i play it with Niko mod and IMO it's better than IV

Niobium
  • Niobium

england is my city

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 17 July 2016 - 03:10 AM Edited by Niobium, 17 July 2016 - 03:18 AM.

I played it the first time and thought it was better than GTA 4. TBF in some ways it was. It had checkpoints and more mission variety but and here's the thing: its not grand theft auto. Its like some 3rd person shooter with a James Bond element to it. Luiz is completely unlikable. He seems so passive and yet supposedly cool. His character is badly written. Is he a an anti hero? Well anti heroes usually have some noble objective. Luiz has none really. He effectively throws an innocent man off a building and arrogantly says "I aint touch you". Then to juxtapose that he seems to bend over for Tony all the time, for an annoying drunk who causes nothing but trouble. Tony has no redeeming qualities at all. Infact none of them have. Why the f*ck am I stealing an army helicopter for some annoying (I know, I am using that word a lot but thats because it is) Arab? None of it makes any sense other than an excuse for filler and for mission variety that GTA 4 didn't have. To add insult to injury Luiz asks for the helicopter, which Amir says "sure, its effectively yours anyway". Wait so what was the f*cking point in these missions then? 

All the characters in the game are obnoxious as hell. I have to put the game on mute its so bad. 

this is nonsense. how is luis passive? how do anti heroes usually have a noble objective? how was the guy thrown off the building innocent? wtf are you saying man

talk sh*t about luis lopez all you want but he's far better than any of the V protagonists, especially HE WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED

• Voit Turyv and ClaudeSpeed1911 like this

AjdarFan
  • AjdarFan

Forum awarded for biggest Ajdar fan on the universe

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 18 July 2016 - 11:33 AM

I gave him the black suit he dresses in when club managing. Via the trainer. The rest of his clothes either made him look like the average latino gangster from the hood, or like a queer.

You can wear that outfit outside management missions. Simply you need to finish at least one of the celebrity missions and it will become available in your wardrobe, but without earpiece.

O.Z
  • O.Z

Trevor Philips

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 July 2016 - 11:39 AM

I played it the first time and thought it was better than GTA 4. TBF in some ways it was. It had checkpoints and more mission variety but and here's the thing: its not grand theft auto. Its like some 3rd person shooter with a James Bond element to it. Luiz is completely unlikable. He seems so passive and yet supposedly cool. His character is badly written. Is he a an anti hero? Well anti heroes usually have some noble objective. Luiz has none really. He effectively throws an innocent man off a building and arrogantly says "I aint touch you". Then to juxtapose that he seems to bend over for Tony all the time, for an annoying drunk who causes nothing but trouble. Tony has no redeeming qualities at all. Infact none of them have. Why the f*ck am I stealing an army helicopter for some annoying (I know, I am using that word a lot but thats because it is) Arab? None of it makes any sense other than an excuse for filler and for mission variety that GTA 4 didn't have. To add insult to injury Luiz asks for the helicopter, which Amir says "sure, its effectively yours anyway". Wait so what was the f*cking point in these missions then? 

All the characters in the game are obnoxious as hell. I have to put the game on mute its so bad.

One of the worst post I have read in ages.

TBOGT > GTA IV > TLAD

Deal with it
  • SmokesWithCigs likes this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Death May Die

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 18 July 2016 - 01:55 PM

GTA IV > TLAD >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Spoiler
TBOGT

• PhillBellic and Journey_95 like this

ViceBoy69
  • ViceBoy69

Prankster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 November 2016 - 05:48 PM

Funny thing is I like TBOGT better than TLAD ive never gotten into the biker thing, I don't like bikes in real life so ive never played TLAD all the way through and probably never will

• Official General likes this

Marcos Bellic
  • Marcos Bellic

:)

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 10 December 2016 - 02:02 PM Edited by Marcos Bellic, 10 December 2016 - 02:03 PM.

I like TBOGT, the dancing clubs are spectacular and i like the story, also we have good characters like Yusuf. The story of TLAD is a little better, but both of them are good.

Much better than GTA V.

• Official General likes this

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2016 - 07:59 PM Edited by Official General, 02 January 2017 - 06:17 PM.

I disagree.

Luis was not the most memorable character I admit, but the overall package of TBOGT was a lot of fun and very entertaining. It provided a nice, refreshing respite from the dark, gritty seriousness, and undertones to the themes and stories of IV and TLAD. It added that big city nightlife feel to LC that had been missing in the other two games - and let's face it, the real NYC has a big nightlife scene going on, and TBOGT was the ideal game to reflect that as a main theme, and I think it did the job very good - the nightclub interiors were very immersive and brilliantly designed. I also liked the scenarios and interactions between Luis and his two buddies, they were a good laugh (despite the repetitive dialogue in some areas), and Yusuf was funny as f*ck. Even when it came to serious stuff, TBOGT still held up well - Drug Wars was a simple, but very fun and addictive side activity, but it was still straight up, hardcore gangster stuff, and Bulgarin was shown be a very fearsome villain which added to the spice.

• Mister Pink, Gokuzbu, ClaudeSpeed1911 and 1 other like this

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2016 - 02:55 AM

Funny thing is I like TBOGT better than TLAD ive never gotten into the biker thing, I don't like bikes in real life so ive never played TLAD all the way through and probably never will

I'm definitely with you on the biker thing, I've never really been into it, and it just didn't suit the NYC/NJ setting more importantly.

However I'd still recommend playing TLAD all the way through, the story was good, I can't lie. It's a straight forward typical tale of double-cross and betrayal, but it's entertaining in a gritty kinda way - thankfully there are a bunch of other gangs and criminal organizations that are thrown in the mix, and the story doesn't just revolve around biker gangs.

• Mister Pink likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users