106 replies to this topic
MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 16 May 2015 - 12:41 PM

Most, but not all of them, spawned quite quickly.  But the Banshee I have in my Save, along with the Tampa took FOREVER to spawn.  I felt like I did 350 Drug Wars until it happened.  However, it was worth the wait

Granted, I always reload.  I don't complete a Drug War and keep saving.  I just did the bare minimum for 100% Completion, and then just kept reloading until I get what I need.  Same thing in TLaD, however in TLaD, I still haven't found the Black/Orange or White/Blue Gang Burrito in an AoD Gang War.  It just never happens for some reason.  Not sure what that's all about.

SuperGTFan
  • SuperGTFan

Big Homie

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2015 - 12:56 PM

If only Billy Grey and Ray Bulgarin fought Johnny and Luis to the death like Niko and Dimitri.

It's as bad as Steve Haines death in V IMO.

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

john wayne woz a nazi

• Members
  • England

Posted 16 May 2015 - 02:20 PM

Surprisingly TLAD I actually laughed a number of times

"In this troubling economic climate, we all have to make compromises. Malc here is my compromise"

"Eh, f*ck you, clown! You can compromise these nuts!"

• B Dawg and dognuts like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Facade
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 16 May 2015 - 02:38 PM

The only commendable thing I like about TBOGT, come think of it, is that everything's in color and it isn't all a shade of brown.
  • The Deadite likes this

dognuts
  • dognuts

stoney0503 is the best member on this site on god

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 May 2015 - 03:13 PM

Surprisingly TLAD I actually laughed a number of times

All of GTA IV's saga had humor, all GTA games in general do. However, TBoGT seemed to be a complete comedy. IV and TLAD were tragedies, TBoGT needed to boost our spirits. It was the last DLC to come to IV, and it wanted to go out with a bang. I still prefer IV and TLAD over it, but i have to admit, TBoGT is the funnest i had playing a GTA game.

• Perez84, MorsPrincipiumEst and Payne Killer like this

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

WE STILL LIVE

• The Yardies
  • None
  • 2nd Prettiest Snowflake 2017
    Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 16 May 2015 - 08:33 PM

That's why I always sticky bomb those f*cks to oblivion every time. If there was only a mod that would remove them from Drug Wars...

hey!

Armando doesn't bother anyone, Henrique is the annoying f*ck.

SuperGTFan
  • SuperGTFan

Big Homie

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2015 - 08:40 PM Edited by SuperGTFan, 16 May 2015 - 08:41 PM.

That's why I always sticky bomb those f*cks to oblivion every time. If there was only a mod that would remove them from Drug Wars...

hey!

Armando doesn't bother anyone, Henrique is the annoying f*ck.
Armando:

"This has got to be more fun than hanging out with that fag Tony."

Henrique:

"You know, I feel bad for you L, you want to be a business guy, and you're just a street thug, me, I know my place."

What were you saying?
  • slimeball supreme, Niobium, MorsPrincipiumEst and 3 others like this

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

WE STILL LIVE

• The Yardies
  • None
  • 2nd Prettiest Snowflake 2017
    Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 16 May 2015 - 08:45 PM

What were you saying?

i don't know, but Henrique annoys me, he's the one who's always giving sh*t to Luis.

SuperGTFan
  • SuperGTFan

Big Homie

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2015 - 08:52 PM Edited by SuperGTFan, 16 May 2015 - 09:08 PM.

What were you saying?

i don't know, but Henrique annoys me, he's the one who's always giving sh*t to Luis.
Henrique

"How's your Mom?"

"She's a good woman, you're lucky!"

"How is your Bro, man?"

"I always liked Ernesto, he was alright."

"How's your sister?"

"I always liked Leta, man."

You're saying again?
  • slimeball supreme, Niobium, MorsPrincipiumEst and 3 others like this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 17 May 2015 - 11:41 AM

Yeah, those goof balls get annoying quite quickly... :D

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 17 May 2015 - 11:55 AM

I find Armando much more annoying and condescending. Henrique isn't as bad IMO. He's sort of like the middle man.
  • Perez84 and The Deadite like this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 17 May 2015 - 11:59 AM

I find Armando much more annoying and condescending. Henrique isn't as bad IMO. He's sort of like the middle man.

Armando is a big mouth prick, that's for sure. :)

Henrique is not so bad.

• Niobium likes this

Ducard
  • Ducard

Spectre

• Members
  • India
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 17 May 2015 - 03:30 PM

TBoGT isn't a game you play for a great story, if you do, you are doing it wrong.

Well, the story in TBoGT is no masterpiece, most of the characters are just pricks  There are some diamonds in the rough though like Gay Tony and Yusuf. Luis is also not a terrible protagonist, sure he doesn't have depth but his job was to just really finish off the trinity and he does it very well.

The gameplay department in TBoGT is just superb. For starters, the game no longer has a "filter" of any sort, making the game look absolutely gorgeous on any platform. Then there's the addition of nightclubs which is probably the best thing about the game. Not only did they add more interiors to the game, they also added new mini games such as champagne battles, club management, drinking and dancing mini games. They are not spectacular but I like to just chill out at the Maissonette from time to time.

The fun doesn't stop there. Once you get far enough in the game, you'll unlock the fun stuff such as tanks and parchutes. It's so much fun spawning an APC on the top of Rotterdam tower and driving off from the top of the building. The new weapons and vehicles are also fantastic. Now, you can create huge traffic jams and stick sticky bombs to cars. So much fun!

The missions in TBoGT are really good. They are quite linear but you won't mind that as they are just so fun and varied. The ability to replay missions was also sweet. The side activities round of TBoGT nicely, drug wars, triathlons and stuff were all good fun and I preferred them to IV's repetitive side activities.

In short: TBoGT is a fantastic game. It's just so fun to dick around with the new weapons and vehicles. I still prefer the vanilla game (mainly due to the atmosphere and story) but I do prefer TBoGT to TLaD. Gameplay wise, it's the best in the trinity IMO.

• Algonquin Assassin, Kalerney and Dangerous and sad like this

Stoney0503
  • Stoney0503

Buster, Straight Buster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 May 2015 - 07:38 PM

Armando and Henrique were more forgetable than Stretch and Tanisha.

SuperGTFan
  • SuperGTFan

Big Homie

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2015 - 07:44 PM

Better call Terry and Clay to help with that.
  • Naean, B Dawg, Jeansowaty and 1 other like this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 18 May 2015 - 12:14 AM

It's actually my favorite DLC...

• Niobium, Busta93 and WhiteLines like this

confederatestatesgta
  • confederatestatesgta

garou the badass hero hunter from one punch man.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2015 - 02:19 AM

Armando is a big mouth prick, that's for sure. :)

Henrique is not so bad.

oh so thats how niko came up with the name big mouth prick when talking to vlad.

anyways i thought bogt was bittersweet. i thought it was good in some parts and bad in others. i dont like luis as much. he seems like a cold hearted person to women except his mom. i know margot is wierd but he was still cold hearted and she was right. he bangs women and forgets about them. i did like tony and yusuf though infact i wish they were in gta 5. the missions were fun and over the top. i liked the new interiors, weapons, cars. but other than that i did not like it as much as 4 or tlad. overall i think tbogt was like a sneak peak of some of the gta 5 elements. and i think they made it wacky for the people who complained about 4 and tlad being boring. i think tbogt my least favorite hd game.

Ducard
  • Ducard

Spectre

• Members
  • India

Posted 18 May 2015 - 07:15 AM

I wouldn't call TBoGT that "wacky". It's more over the top than IV or TLaD no doubt but the beauty of it is that it still retains IV's core gameplay mechanics while offering SA esque over the top fun but at the same time not SR esque over the top fun if you get what I mean.

• Niobium likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 18 May 2015 - 10:58 AM

I wouldn't call TBoGT that "wacky". It's more over the top than IV or TLaD no doubt but the beauty of it is that it still retains IV's core gameplay mechanics while offering SA esque over the top fun but at the same time not SR esque over the top fun if you get what I mean.

I guess another way of saying it is it retains a somewhat down to earth scope.

Btw just finished the story. That's now twice for TBOGT and TLAD with 7 times for GTA IV. GTA IV/EFLC is the best.:)
  • Ducard likes this

XTad
  • XTad

Vice City

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 May 2015 - 05:45 PM

I really liked the characters, even the story was allright but the missions were awful.

Busta93
  • Busta93

Lieutenant

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 May 2015 - 09:34 PM

I agree to some extent that some of the characters are obnoxious and that the story lacks any form of logic at all especially Yusuf's missions which are downright over the top. Apart from that the weapons and vehicles were cool especially the gold uzi and p90. I kinda hate Luis in a way too as he seems like the kind of person who is selfish and doesn't give a f*ck about others unless it includes money and will only really obey Tony who is how Rocco says a 'washed up 1980s relapse junkie fag' who drags him down all the time. 

SuperGTFan
  • SuperGTFan

Big Homie

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2015 - 09:45 PM

I agree to some extent that some of the characters are obnoxious and that the story lacks any form of logic at all especially Yusuf's missions which are downright over the top. Apart from that the weapons and vehicles were cool especially the gold uzi and p90. I kinda hate Luis in a way too as he seems like the kind of person who is selfish and doesn't give a f*ck about others unless it includes money and will only really obey Tony who is how Rocco says a 'washed up 1980s relapse junkie fag' who drags him down all the time. 

At least L never betrayed anyone, that is something.

Busta93
  • Busta93

Lieutenant

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 May 2015 - 09:57 PM

Yes I know he always seems focused on the job at hand probably because he doesn't want to end up back in prison again and is always by Armando and Henrique's side if he is needed. Good loyalty no question about that, it's pretty much the same with all the protagonists though.

SuperGTFan
  • SuperGTFan

Big Homie

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2015 - 10:09 PM Edited by SuperGTFan, 19 May 2015 - 10:10 PM.

Yes I know he always seems focused on the job at hand probably because he doesn't want to end up back in prison again and is always by Armando and Henrique's side if he is needed. Good loyalty no question about that, it's pretty much the same with all the protagonists though.
However, in one of his "friends hang out" dialogue, he warned Armando that if he (Luis) had one day found out that Armando had actually selled Luis to the law thus causing him to go to prison in the first place, he would kill him with no hesitation, even if his time in prison had made him a better person than before.

Busta93
  • Busta93

Lieutenant

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 May 2015 - 10:48 PM

However, in one of his "friends hang out" dialogue, he warned Armando that if he (Luis) had one day found out that Armando had actually selled Luis to the law thus causing him to go to prison in the first place, he would kill him with no hesitation, even if his time in prison had made him a better person than before.

That's cold.

Gigs84
  • Gigs84

Haven't you ever heard of the healing power of laughter?

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:30 PM

I preferred it over IV but not as much as TLAD.

• Luna 51 likes this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:46 PM

The Ballad of Gay Tony was a good game it's different from IV and TLAD and focuses more on the Bright lights of Algonquin the only thing I hated was the scoring system for missions. There is no reason we need it I want to play missions my way not how R* wants me to play them.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

The Mystic Peephole

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 21 May 2015 - 07:33 PM

The Ballad of Gay Tony was a good game it's different from IV and TLAD and focuses more on the Bright lights of Algonquin

The Ballad Of Gay showed showed us the worst of mankind. It's not a bright, uplifting game. It looks like it is, but deep inside, it's the darkest of the trilogy...

SuperGTFan
  • SuperGTFan

Big Homie

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 21 May 2015 - 07:41 PM

The Ballad of Gay Tony was a good game it's different from IV and TLAD and focuses more on the Bright lights of Algonquin

The Ballad Of Gay showed showed us the worst of mankind. It's not a bright, uplifting game. It looks like it is, but deep inside, it's the darkest of the trilogy...
Bulgarin, Ancelotti, and Luis's Mother...

bitsandpieces
  • bitsandpieces

follow my lead to victory ... or be forever lost.

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 23 May 2015 - 06:54 AM

This game was supposed be titled: "The gay ballad of Tony", then it was changed to: "The ballad of Tony is gay", but afterwards it was changed again. :blink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users