» «
Photo

Looking for testers for my mod downloader app for GTA5

9 replies to this topic
Zeevs86
  • Zeevs86

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 May 2015 - 05:17 AM Edited by Zeevs86, 10 May 2015 - 06:13 AM.

Hello. I am currently finishing developing a mod download software for GTA5 (GTA4 next), and I would like some volunteers to help me test the app.

Here is a picture of the app:

gta5moddownloader.png

Please send me PM or to email: [email protected] if you wish to participate.

Thank you.

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Lifetime Achievement Award
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 10 May 2015 - 05:52 AM

Warning: Dangerous Site

Is all I got when I click that.

Zeevs86
  • Zeevs86

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 May 2015 - 06:12 AM

Warning: Dangerous Site

Is all I got when I click that.

Are you sure? hmm its strange.

I have reuploaded the picture to another webhosting:

http://s14.postimg.o...ddownloader.png

Girish
  • Girish

LFM

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 10 May 2015 - 06:14 AM

This will probably get more attention in the modding forums, so I'm going to move it there.

kallas
  • kallas

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2015 - 06:35 AM

Please, not another platform to get mods from... We already have GTAForums, GTA5-scripts and I'm sure there are a lot of other sites.

What does this application bring that is better than other places to download from?

How does one submit a mod?

Is the author of the mod in full control of his releases?

Zeevs86
  • Zeevs86

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 May 2015 - 06:57 AM Edited by Zeevs86, 10 May 2015 - 07:06 AM.

Please, not another platform to get mods from... We already have GTAForums, GTA5-scripts and I'm sure there are a lot of other sites.

What does this application bring that is better than other places to download from?

It is just in developement, it is not a full released product.

I am doing it for free, thus I will add feautures one by one.

With this app you can easily install any mod on the list by one click, without registering, for free.

I thought of a way to let modders submit their mod, but what you are looking at (the pic I have uploaded here) is a pre release of the first version (pre beta even in the terms of gaming).

The app also lets you organize your mods. You know what is installed, and with one click you can uninstall it, instead of going to a GTAV folder and manually deleting the mod.

I am not holding you from downloading your mods from gta forums, everything what my app has - you can find here.

BUT. My app lets you do it faster, with easier method. You decide if to use it, or not.

FYI - I am doing this job as a hobby, for free. I really do not deserve such negative messages IMO.

• TheGoodSgtScooter likes this

Techdaan
  • Techdaan

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 May 2015 - 07:07 AM

With this app you can easily install any mod on the list by one click, without registering, for free.

I thought of a way to let modders submit their mod, but what you are looking at (the pic I have uploaded here) is a pre release of the first version (pre beta even in the terms of gaming).

The app also lets you organize your mods. You know what is installed, and with one click you can uninstall it, instead of going to a GTAV folder and manually deleting the mod.

I am not holding you from downloading your mods from gta forums, everything what my app has - you can find here.

BUT. My app lets you do it faster, with easier method. You decide if to use it, or not.

FYI - I am doing this job as a hobby, for free. I really do not deserve such messages IMO.

What Kallas means is that at the moment there are about three, four websites at least online full of GTA V mods, and about five managers for these mods. That you do this to learn development, great! Keep that up, however, the other question is if it would be used. All he does is trying to say that this project does not outstand the others (yet). One can't upload their mod to everywhere.

Also, please stop using "For free". No offence but it kind-of makes you like look silly...

Sorry if I might have insulted you, and very good luck with your project!

Kind regards,

Techdaan.

kallas
  • kallas

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2015 - 09:53 AM

FYI - I am doing this job as a hobby, for free. I really do not deserve such negative messages IMO.

I did not indent to harm you in anyway or make you feel bad. I just wanted to express my opinion on this and ask a few questions why I or other people should rely on your software instead of a website.

Zeevs86, I think a better idea for YOUR software is to make a deal with a web-site that is already distributing mods for GTA 5 and incorporate that into your software.

So users can submit and comment and download on a website, but also have the option download your software for easily installing mods & managing them.

A good example here is Curse client.

Good luck!

Anyway. keep it up! You will learn a lot of things :-)

What Kallas means is that at the moment there are about three, four websites at least online full of GTA V mods, and about five managers for these mods. That you do this to learn development, great! Keep that up, however, the other question is if it would be used. All he does is trying to say that this project does not outstand the others (yet). One can't upload their mod to everywhere.

Also, please stop using "For free". No offence but it kind-of makes you like look silly...

Sorry if I might have insulted you, and very good luck with your project!

Kind regards,

Techdaan.

That is correct, Techdaan. I are multiple sites already, I don't want to stop him / her from learning, but there is no need for a another software for a developer to release his or her mods on...

Zeevs86
  • Zeevs86

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 May 2015 - 07:55 PM

Correct me if I am wrong, but most mod managers you were talking about can only enable/disable mods and organize them. I did a google search, and didnt find one mod manager that actually downloads mods from server. Maybe I didnt include enough info (was typing from my cellphone), but my software updates itself from the server side and you do not need to download extra files to actually get new mods (from the software perspective).

GandalfTW
  • GandalfTW

WIZARD

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2015 - 08:06 PM

I don't understand why anyone would use a mod manager for any game.It's not hard to learn how mods work and where to put them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users