Photo

Remove the limit of the free cam on the Rock Star Editor

9 replies to this topic
AdmiralBene
  • AdmiralBene

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Germany

Posted 08 May 2015 - 01:50 PM Edited by AdmiralBene, 08 May 2015 - 04:41 PM.

Hello!

I love the Rockstar Editor but this free camera range limitation is really getting on my nerves.
I want to make scenes where my car zooms past the camera and then 3 or 4 more cop cars zoom past the camera but I can't do that because of the free camera range business.

Is there a way to disable the range feature, if not is there or will there be mods that will remove it so we're free to place cameras anywhere we want?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Bene

TheTechPoTaToCHIP
  • TheTechPoTaToCHIP

Tech Knight

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2015 - 05:53 PM

The limit is there for a reason, what the game renders is limited to a triangle around your character. If it gets too far from your character, the game will load the LOD models and Textures and make your scene look all blurry. Besides, I managed to make the scene you described with clever editing and lucky timing. 

TJGM
  • TJGM

Boss

• Members
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 08 May 2015 - 05:57 PM

The limit is there for a reason, what the game renders is limited to a triangle around your character. If it gets too far from your character, the game will load the LOD models and Textures and make your scene look all blurry. Besides, I managed to make the scene you described with clever editing and lucky timing. 

I'm pretty sure it depends on the camera location, not the character location.

AdmiralBene
  • AdmiralBene

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Germany

Posted 08 May 2015 - 06:40 PM

1. If it gets too far from your character, the game will load the LOD models and Textures and make your scene look all blurry.

2. Besides, I managed to make the scene you described with clever editing and lucky timing. 

1. Yes, I know! I want the radius to 50 to 100 meters. Consequently, I can create much better films. I like making car videos, and when I want a shot of me coming down the road from a long distance, or high in the sky, or when I smash in to someone and want to continue looking at them as I keep speeding away, it's impossible, it really limits what you can do with videos. I'm sure Rockstar does this because if we get too far away with the camera things won't be rendered properly, but comon, let us decide for ourselves, why not let us re-render where we take the camera? It would be awesome if someone found a way to change this.

2. Maybe you can write your tips here in the topic. Thanks in advance!

TheTechPoTaToCHIP
  • TheTechPoTaToCHIP

Tech Knight

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2015 - 06:43 PM

Well, a weird glitch happened to me where I took a taxi and when I exited, the camera was still stuck to the taxi and while it was driving around. It started to load all the LOD models the further it got from my character. The camera was still stuck to the taxi and eventually the game just froze. Another rare glitch has been reported where someone used the skyfall cheat but the camera stayed on the ground while the character was in the sky, again, the same thing happened. Hell, while walking around, you could see the shadows getting rendered when your character walks towards them. I'm pretty sure the in game rendering is dependent on character position and not camera position.

a_tavenner
  • a_tavenner

Crackhead

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 08 May 2015 - 07:42 PM

That reason is vanity on Rockstar's part. Camera distance is extremely important, especially with jets and other large vehicles that take up too much of the available space and have to be shot up close right now. Let the assets lose quality as you get farther. All you have to do is not film those assets, keep the camera pointed at where the action is. So yes, removing the limit sphere would be great for filmmaking and I echo the request to mod that.

Doesn't look like it to me. When an NPC is killed far away from the player character, there tends to be no blood spurts and the blood puddle just pops into existence. This happens regardless of where the camera is. The game does seem to load more detail when a character is selected as target, but that's it. 

AdmiralBene
  • AdmiralBene

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Germany

Posted 08 May 2015 - 07:59 PM

The cinematic camera in-game has no problem with that. It's been the biggest flaw with the editor, and I love the rest of it! But with that, it just ruins any chance of properly filming a good driving scene.

I don't know if its difficult to create a mod like that. Is it?

fakespyder
  • fakespyder

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 May 2015 - 12:18 AM Edited by fakespyder, 09 May 2015 - 12:19 AM.

The editor is awesome as are the new features but I have to agree - the camera range is too small.

It feels smaller than GTAIV's. I'm relying on the cinematic camera for any distance shots, but that comes down to luck.

Maybe R* could add a camera range option in a patch . Its just too small at the moment. Glad to see I'm not alone in thinking this.

zbt
  • zbt

Player Hater

• Members
  • France

Posted 09 May 2015 - 01:43 AM Edited by zbt, 09 May 2015 - 01:47 AM.

Made an account especially for this, will bump until the day someone make this possible, I recorded tons of footage and when I found out 10 days ago that the free camera had a range limit, I deleted all the clips, closed the game, and I haven't launched GTA since then, asked couple of people on Reddit etc no one knows how to do this, a huge disappointment, so much wasted potential.

Like in GTA IV the range limit annoyed people who wanted more tools :)

And then OpenIV happened, it unlocked the limit:

Maybe we should contact this guy and also support him to release the same for GTA V? :)

Luuno
  • Luuno

Prankster

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 09 May 2015 - 03:52 PM

I am sure they can mod it! would be very much appreciated!

Especially now the openIV is out im sure it won't take long

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users