Quantcast

» «
Photo

are Weapon and Car Handling.dat moddable yet?

11 replies to this topic
LIVE_SlimSlugga713
  • LIVE_SlimSlugga713

H-Town Nigga

• Members

Posted 08 May 2015 - 01:07 PM

This is the only reason i haven't bought GTA V for pc yet. Im seeing all these crazy mods like riot and shooting cars out the gun mods but havent seen any real modifications to the game.

JennyC6
  • JennyC6

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2015 - 07:00 PM Edited by JennyC6, 08 May 2015 - 07:02 PM.

They are at the moment, but so far the only people able to do so are those lucky few with access to the unreleased betas of OpenIV. Once that update goes live anyone and everyone will be able to do so.

NYPD.ESU.55
  • NYPD.ESU.55

CPR

• Members

Posted 08 May 2015 - 09:14 PM

Great news! Cant wait for a realistic handling and damage mod.

• DrAnomalous likes this

flyingspatula
  • flyingspatula

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2015 - 11:05 PM

I also hope to see a mod change vehicle acceleration. I hate how every vehicle goes 0-60 in first gear and seems like under 2 seconds. I want a slower more gradual acceleration for both me and the AI driving. Right now you drive like the pedal is stuck to the floor all the time, even with a controller it only helps so much. Better gear ratios would help for a better manual transmission mod. Current one out now is a good attempt, but isn't very realistic due to odd gears in some vehicles, and killing the engine if shifting down to anything but first gear.

shorty270490
  • shorty270490

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 May 2015 - 12:17 AM

Cannot wait to try out drift lines
Could I get a ban for using modded handling online though?

desertfox11194
  • desertfox11194

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 May 2015 - 01:29 AM Edited by desertfox11194, 09 May 2015 - 01:30 AM.

You can't go online with a modified file, OpenIV won't allow you to.

NYPD.ESU.55
  • NYPD.ESU.55

CPR

• Members

Posted 09 May 2015 - 07:46 AM

So basically everytime i want to play Online, I have to restore all the modded files?

a-k-t-w
  • a-k-t-w

Wannabe GTA IV Dev

• Members

Posted 09 May 2015 - 02:16 PM

I also hope to see a mod change vehicle acceleration. I hate how every vehicle goes 0-60 in first gear and seems like under 2 seconds. I want a slower more gradual acceleration for both me and the AI driving. Right now you drive like the pedal is stuck to the floor all the time, even with a controller it only helps so much. Better gear ratios would help for a better manual transmission mod. Current one out now is a good attempt, but isn't very realistic due to odd gears in some vehicles, and killing the engine if shifting down to anything but first gear.

Um what. You must be driving nothing but super cars because all the cars I drive take up to 10 seconds to reach 60mph on average, reaching just 40mph in first gear. Don't pay attention to what gear the manual transmission mod says, it's wrong and poorly designed. The engine turns off when changing gears because that's how the mod was designed, not because of the cars gear ratios. The ratios and rate of acceleration are impressively accurate. I honestly don't see how you are having trouble accelerating slowly with a controller. Just press the accelerator trigger lightly? Would you like me to post a video showing you how to drive?

snickerzz
  • snickerzz

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 May 2015 - 05:02 PM

So basically everytime i want to play Online, I have to restore all the modded files?

You can go online. You just need the Online version of scripthook. I tested this and confirmed working :p

qwerasdzxc
  • qwerasdzxc

Master Race Member

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 09 May 2015 - 05:06 PM

Just make 2 copies of the game, modded and clean.

mxgh
  • mxgh

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 May 2015 - 05:49 PM

Any mod out there to make driving like gta 4?

Supacure
  • Supacure

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 09 May 2015 - 06:00 PM

AFAIK open iv 2.6 was released today.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users