Photo

Modders that use mods online should be permanent banned

Best Answer ClareXoBearrx3R9, 09 May 2015 - 04:59 AM

What ? Who the hell f*cked my mom ?

In my opinion it should be like this
1st time caught cheating online : 2 weeks ban
2nd time : 1 month ban
3rd time : perma-ban

You can't perma-ban people instantly. Everybody do stupid things, we all diserve a second chance and even a 3rd one, it's a game after all.
But if some purposedly try to ruin other people experience then yes, perma-ban.

^This.

Someone mentioned selling for un-bans. IMHO, the idea isn't necessarily bad per se but if it's $100, surely the banned players could just buy another copy, eh? Only downside being they'd have to start progress over, of course.

As for FOV mods, I do personally feel that should be part of the core game itself, just as it is in Battlefield 3 and 4. Otherwise, I co consider it (arguably) a "cheat" since it grants the person an unfair advantage by being able to see more whilst in a first-person view.

Surely wouldn't be fair in an Online Heist for those trying to complete the Elite Challenge by doing everything in first person, if someone had an FOV mod that allowed them to see just as much as if they were in third person while everyone else is limited to the default FOV.

Go to the full post

20 replies to this topic

Poll: Modders that use mods online should be permanent banned (67 member(s) have cast votes)

Should modders online be permabanned instead of temporarily banned?

1. Yes, i want those f*ckers who ruined our experiences banned permanently. (43 votes [61.43%])

Percentage of vote: 61.43%

2. Nah, they deserve chances. (19 votes [27.14%])

Percentage of vote: 27.14%

3. I want to mod online so f*ck you, and your mum. (8 votes [11.43%])

Percentage of vote: 11.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Kaito Katsumi
  • Kaito Katsumi

Attacker

• Members
  • Singapore

Posted 08 May 2015 - 04:01 AM Edited by Kaito Katsumi, 08 May 2015 - 08:48 AM.

Just my opinion, these temp bans won't work especially on immature script kiddies that f*cked our moms. I feel all modders who use their mods like fov mod, or even script editing should be banned forever if they use it online. Or else it will be ruined just like GTA IV was. Heavy punishment= warning for all players.
Also, a big middle finger to my dear modders who cried "Cockstar" after being banned for using mods online.

Also, rockstar should use this chance to sell unbans at 30 bucks. Not cuz they didn't earn enough, but i want script kiddies to be leeched.

StormEye
  • StormEye

Pengiun Slide

• Members
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 08 May 2015 - 04:40 AM

Also, rockstar should use this chance to sell unbans at 30 bucks. Not cuz they didn't earn enough, but i want script kiddies to be leeched.

I like that idea. LoL.

But make it $100.

Hollistupid
  • Hollistupid

Expert Voice Crack Analyst

• Members

Posted 08 May 2015 - 05:03 AM

What's the point of permaban if they offered pay for unban?

• Thalyn likes this

Biff73
  • Biff73

101% Red neck

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 08 May 2015 - 06:19 AM

Agreed,GTA  online is as good as can be,don't need a repeat of GTA IV,pemanently banning modders will keep gtao alive for much longer to come

Kaito Katsumi
  • Kaito Katsumi

Attacker

• Members
  • Singapore

Posted 08 May 2015 - 07:00 AM

script kiddies will still find their way in. But it depends how rockstar will keep them at bay, making sure the same script kid will never find his way back online unless he buys another copy, and is stupid enough to use mods online again.

Eight Ball
  • Eight Ball

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2015 - 07:28 AM

You can't perma-ban people instantly. Everybody do stupid things, we all diserve a second chance and even a 3rd one, it's a game after all.
  • ClareXoBearrx3R9, Kafonix and Procopius like this

Kaito Katsumi
  • Kaito Katsumi

Attacker

• Members
  • Singapore

Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:45 AM

It is just a game. But a game everybody plays together, not just some sp game. If someone has ruined an experience of another, he should be permabanned.

mozno1
  • mozno1

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:53 AM

Ban hackers.... PERIOD!

Le Dude
  • Le Dude

Thug

• BUSTED!
  • Iraq

Posted 08 May 2015 - 09:37 AM

Yes because losing access to a game that cost 60 Euros isnt punishment enough. And sure, lets have Rockstar profit off those who f**k the experience for us or get unfairly banned. You idiot.

Thalyn
  • Thalyn

▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 08 May 2015 - 11:07 AM

Great, a new thread to continue the confusion between Mods, Hacks and Cheats ....
We're not on the Console forum here !!
Console players, if you're not able to understand things, don't come here in this PC sub-forum to exhibit your ignorance and impose your opinions bullsh*ts completely stupid because based on amalgams.
==> Then in this case, it's not an opinion, but just bullsh*t (this is the difference between opinion and stupid comment. Start to know what you're talking, to have a true good opinion)!

Yes i know, Kaito, you have specified in your first comment, but then changes the title and revise this poll (with smarter choices). Your title is like a f*cking clikbait from many stupid fake magazines.

Kaito Katsumi
  • Kaito Katsumi

Attacker

• Members
  • Singapore

Posted 08 May 2015 - 11:59 AM Edited by Kaito Katsumi, 08 May 2015 - 12:01 PM.

Great, a new thread to continue the confusion between Mods, Hacks and Cheats ....
We're not on the Console forum here !!
Console players, if you're not able to understand things, don't come here in this PC sub-forum to exhibit your ignorance and impose your opinions bullsh*ts completely stupid because based on amalgams.==> Then in this case, it's not an opinion, but just bullsh*t (this is the difference between opinion and stupid comment. Start to know what you're talking, to have a true good opinion)!

Yes i know, Kaito, you have specified in your first comment, but then changes the title and revise this poll (with smarter choices). Your title is like a f*cking clikbait from many stupid fake magazines.

Clickbait? Well first, i'm not a console player. Second, nobody talked about hacking. Is the FOV mod unfair to other players? Yes. Is the "shoot vehicles using guns" mod or whatever its called unfair when used against other players? Yes. Also, i have not changed the title. I added the poll because someone on top did not feel the same way as me and i wanted people to discuss on what they feel. No need for insults and all, its a discussion. I stand by my words, Isn't using those cheats only possible by Modifying the game files? That is modding as well.

Kaito Katsumi
  • Kaito Katsumi

Attacker

• Members
  • Singapore

Posted 08 May 2015 - 12:10 PM

Yes because losing access to a game that cost 60 Euros isnt punishment enough. And sure, lets have Rockstar profit off those who f**k the experience for us or get unfairly banned. You idiot.
Unfairly banned? Rockstar has said, they support single player modding but online modding is a no no.
  • Costar likes this

Costar
  • Costar

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2015 - 01:35 PM

Online cheating is not right, it never is against a human opponent. I've never understood the feeling someone gets from winning over other human players like they have some sort of "god" complex but then knowing they're obviously cheating... Its almost like going to a credit counseling center & saying "hey all you losers I have houses, cars, doctorate degrees and perfect credit with no debt so I clearly surpass you in money-management.... umm but well the truth is its because my Daddy is a billionaire & paid for everything for me." I mean REALLY?! How stupid...

A perma-ban on the very first offense, might be a bit much like Eight Ball said, ppl do some stupid stuff but if given a 2nd chance at least, sometimes they will use that 2nd chance to do the right thing... I thought it was already a month ban on the first offense tho. It stands to reason they're doing something wrong and know it. Maybe a month ban the first time and a stern warning that IF they do it once more, its permanent. Meanwhile R* needs to keep working on ways to prevent/fix exploits and target cheaters tricks to say boot them off as soon as cheat activity is detected.

• Kaito Katsumi and Eight Ball like this

hennysmafter
  • hennysmafter

GTA:5 YES | GTA:O NO

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 08 May 2015 - 01:55 PM

I really don't understand the difficulties.

Really basic (You mod online you go to online server with mods) you don't then you don't. Then you can also make classifications on the play style of the individual. 

TaliBong
  • TaliBong

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 May 2015 - 03:55 PM Edited by TaliBong, 08 May 2015 - 03:55 PM.

Just ban CHEATERS, why should someone be banned for fov mods, the game supports multi monitor setups ffs.

b0ssVenom
  • b0ssVenom

Professional Villager

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 08 May 2015 - 06:49 PM

Script modders who ruin the game need to all get banned, but I see no reason to ban those who will be using cosmetic mods for example.

JennyC6
  • JennyC6

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2015 - 07:01 PM Edited by JennyC6, 08 May 2015 - 07:01 PM.

Where's the 'It's a situational thing' option? I have no qualms against letting people use mods online if the circumstances are right. Something like, say, a private FiveM lobby dedicated to modding or a bunch of friends having a LAN party. But GTA:O? Yeah sure modding GTA:O should be bannable, R* did not provide the option of mod lobbies and does not wish for GTA:O to be moddable. They're fine with SP modding but they want us leaving GTA:O alone.

RogerWho
  • RogerWho

"Life is... weird."

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 08 May 2015 - 07:02 PM Edited by RogerWho, 08 May 2015 - 07:04 PM.

I think everyone deserves a chance. Paying 50 € or whatever it costs and then getting the access removed is not a good business practice, whatever the person did.

Besides, we're talking about 'forever' here. I expect people will play the game 5, maybe 10 years from now. Think about it, a script kiddie who was 13 will be 23 then.

And then there are false positives and honest mistakes. Say you install a mod and don't know it affects MP and it can get you banned. Well tough luck, permaban.

• Costar and ClareXoBearrx3R9 like this

Kaito Katsumi
  • Kaito Katsumi

Attacker

• Members
  • Singapore

Posted 09 May 2015 - 04:29 AM

Maybe you are right but those who hack because they want to win and ruin others experience, they should get online stripped away. Its a free addon anyways.

ClareXoBearrx3R9
  • ClareXoBearrx3R9

'su' isn't the f*cking same as 'sudo'.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 May 2015 - 04:59 AM   Best Answer Edited by ClareXoBearrx3, 09 May 2015 - 05:03 AM.

^This.

Someone mentioned selling for un-bans. IMHO, the idea isn't necessarily bad per se but if it's $100, surely the banned players could just buy another copy, eh? Only downside being they'd have to start progress over, of course.

As for FOV mods, I do personally feel that should be part of the core game itself, just as it is in Battlefield 3 and 4. Otherwise, I co consider it (arguably) a "cheat" since it grants the person an unfair advantage by being able to see more whilst in a first-person view.

Surely wouldn't be fair in an Online Heist for those trying to complete the Elite Challenge by doing everything in first person, if someone had an FOV mod that allowed them to see just as much as if they were in third person while everyone else is limited to the default FOV.

• Costar and Kaito Katsumi like this

RogerWho
  • RogerWho

"Life is... weird."

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 09 May 2015 - 02:51 PM

Just one quick note about FOV - there are lots of FPS I can't play on a console because they literally make me sick due to narrow FOV. So if having a larger FOV is an unfair advantage, getting a splitting headache isn't a disadvantage?

I remember someone from Epic games arguing that rebindable controls also gives an 'unfair advantage'. That was the most stupid thing ever coming from a game dev's mouth. Again I can't play many console games because the controls hurt my hand (R1 for shooting FFS). And for others it's the opposite. But good thing nobody has an 'advantage'!

I said before, the current system of game models is broken. It used to be you could load any mod, sp or mp, using a console command/shortcut and in case of mp you'd just play with other people with that mod. Now everything has to be locked down and even sp hampered because "someone could get an unfair advantage" bullcrap.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users