Photo

R* Asked & Answered: The R* Editor, GTAO Updates & More

699 replies to this topic
The Gator
  • The Gator

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:14 PM Edited by iamcornholio, 08 May 2015 - 03:14 AM.

asked_05072015.jpg

“The real question is: on what are we going to spend the money from the Heists? (For those who have practically everything)” – vens243
“What’s coming next [for GTA Online]…??” – Nilix
“Will there be more [Heists] added with future updates?” – carl0winer

To vens243 and others who are excited to show off their Heists spoils, beyond the many new vehicles and items that arrived to GTA Online as part of Heists, we are also working on another update coming soon that will feature some very cool new toys for you to enjoy and flaunt with your ill-gotten gains. For now, the screenshot above provides just a glimpse... For those asking for more Heists, please understand that Grand Theft Auto Online Heists were a tremendous undertaking so it’s not the sort of thing where we can easily create and publish additional Heists like other Job modes and missions. We are, however, working on other cool updates for GTA Online that you can expect over the coming months.

“I would like to use [the Rockstar Editor] but I’m on PS4. Hey Rockstar, can you do something please for PS4 players?” – Black_Pawn_01
“When’s [The Lab radio station] coming on next-gen consoles?” – GRUNSKY
“Is [The Lab radio station] ever gonna come out on PS4?” – sn3jku

The Rockstar Editor is an advanced tool requiring additional processing power so it would not be compatible with GTAV on the older systems, but we are currently working on a version tailored for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 consoles – and we hope to release that sometime this summer, or as soon as it is ready. We are also planning to bring The Lab radio station to all four consoles in a forthcoming title update. Please stay tuned for more information.

“Will there be any more updates for [GTA Online] on Xbox 360?” – @ColtsPacersJosh

We want to support the older consoles with new content for as long as we possibly can. As we mentioned previously, we always knew there might be a point where we would reach the technical capacity of what the older generation of consoles can handle as each downloadable update requires additional memory both for assets and for additional scripting.  We have continued to optimize the entire game over time in order to squeeze as much memory as we possibly could out of the last-generation hardware and at some point, continuing to add content for those systems could cause the risk of instability to the game overall. As of now, we are planning on releasing the next big content update for all five systems and we will continue to squeeze as much as we possibly can onto them.

“Why is [Self Radio] not possible on PS3/PS4?” – Destroy_Ger
“How about creating something like that in PS4/3 and Xbox platforms?” – Osprey11
“Can you put this on PS4 or Xbox 1 at least?” – RayzRBlayde1229

The GTAV PC Self Radio experience that plays your personally curated playlist of mp3s in the game as a fully featured and properly integrated radio station just wouldn’t technically be possible on the consoles as it requires more than the consoles allow at this time.

“I’m having soo much fun with GTAV on the PC but I just have one question about it, how come you are not allowing mods for it?” - @ClarkMatthew63
“Will I get banned from GTA Online for using a FoV Mod or Oculus Rift mod?” - @Mattophobia

We have always appreciated the creative efforts of the PC modding community and we still fondly remember the awesome zombie invasion mod and original GTA map mod for GTAIV PC among many other classics. To be clear, the modding policy in our license has not changed and is the same as for GTAIV.  Recent updates to GTAV PC had an unintended effect of making unplayable certain single player modifications. This was not intentional, no one has been banned for using single player modifications, and you should not worry about being banned or being relegated to the cheater pool just for using single player PC mods. Our primary focus is on protecting GTA Online against modifications that could give players an unfair advantage, disrupt gameplay, or cause griefing. It also bears mentioning that because game mods are by definition unauthorized, they may be broken by technical updates, cause instability, or affect your game in other unforeseen ways.

Rest of the article here

--

Is that a new Sports Classic, or a badly modded Stinger?

• SkittyM, EVOLUT7ON, Iroquois and 12 others like this

happygrowls
  • happygrowls

im depressed and red dead redemption 2 is my cure

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:17 PM

I like the new change to the Pistol 50. looks like the Vintage Pistol defaults.

• 5.7 likes this

The Gator
  • The Gator

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:18 PM

I'm guessing they're gonna bring out an editor mode where we can really customize whatever we want, however we want.

Nick1020
  • Nick1020

Furry and Proud. Maybe

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:19 PM Edited by Nick1020, 07 May 2015 - 04:20 PM.

Rockstar needs to allow invite only mod sessions and ban those who use trainers or mods in a public session. I'm not buying gta 5 for PC if I can't enjoy mods or share them.
  • Arrows to Athens, -Jacking- and Pettyium117 like this

bloatedsack
  • bloatedsack

My boner.

• GTAF Crew
  • Vatican-City

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:19 PM

SL300 confirmed!

Now, where's my air-cooled Pfister?

• MrCamo, NewBaltim0re, EVOLUT7ON and 15 others like this

russler97
  • russler97

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:20 PM

Interesting 

• Guy with a Beer likes this

-Jacking-
  • -Jacking-

Formerly Agent-Sanchez

• Members
  • Switzerland

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:21 PM

We are, however, working on other cool updates for GTA Online that you can expect over the coming months.

I am eager to know what will be the next "cool" update. :p

• LL Cool L likes this

PTdumptruck
  • PTdumptruck

Vice City is the best

• Members

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:22 PM

I'm guessing if the 300sl look a like looks good i will have to make space in the garage for it.

russler97
  • russler97

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:23 PM

So this could be one of the new cars that was leaked? 

actual_1431014122.jpg

paperbagdude
  • paperbagdude

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) J U I C E

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:24 PM

Rockstar editor for XB1 and PS4.

giphy.gif

• senormidget, NYC PATROL, Toke and 15 others like this

Giantsgiants
  • Giantsgiants

Boss

• Members
  • Mauritius

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:24 PM

actual_1431014122.jpg

Looking forward to the car. I bet it's going to cost a sh*t ton since a lot of people are significantly more richer thanks to heists.

Steve
  • Steve

Combat Pistol Marksman

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:24 PM Edited by SteveNYC, 07 May 2015 - 04:25 PM.

I'm guessing if the 300sl look a like looks good i will have to make space in the garage for it.

As long as there are multiple grill options, I'm not feeling the grill lights too much.

• Insane Clown, gooby, JRebbert512 and 4 others like this

Grizzlypuff
  • Grizzlypuff

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:26 PM

Gull wing doors!
  • EVOLUT7ON, Spade115, gooby and 1 other like this

BamaGoodfella
  • BamaGoodfella

GTA Golfer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:27 PM

I really hope that Rockstar lets us buy more garages/apartments in the next update if they're going to keep adding cool cars LOL!

• Miketv, EVOLUT7ON, Iroquois and 8 others like this

russler97
  • russler97

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:27 PM Edited by russler97, 07 May 2015 - 04:28 PM.

I just want this place...

jc4BRdj.jpg

• viperdk, Mince, WeAreHuman and 20 others like this

The Gator
  • The Gator

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:28 PM

As long as there are multiple grill options, I'm not feeling the grill lights too much.

I agree, and I think they tried to make it as obnoxious looking as possible to show that we'll be able to do a lot as far as customizing cars.
  • DarkSavageDeathlyCloud likes this

soundism
  • soundism

Put a bird on it

• Members

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:32 PM

..so that's a NO on more heists in future updates huh?
  • cremefraiche and dognuts like this

justinlynch3
  • justinlynch3

GTA legit player

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:33 PM

actual_1431014122.jpg

“The real question is: on what are we going to spend the money from the Heists? (For those who have practically everything)” – vens243

To vens243 and others who are excited to show off their Heists spoils, beyond the many new vehicles and items that arrived to GTA Online as part of Heists, we are also working on another update coming soon that will feature some very cool new toys for you to enjoy and flaunt with your ill-gotten gains. For now, the screenshot above provides just a glimpse... For those asking for more Heists, please understand that Grand Theft Auto Online Heists were a tremendous undertaking so it’s not the sort of thing where we can easily create and publish additional Heists like other Job modes and missions. We are, however, working on other cool updates for GTA Online that you can expect over the coming months.

“I would like to use [the Rockstar Editor] but I’m on PS4. Hey Rockstar, can you do something please for PS4 players?” – Black_Pawn_01

The Rockstar Editor is an advanced tool requiring additional processing power so it would not be compatible with GTAV on the older systems, but we are currently working on a version tailored for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 consoles – and we hope to release that sometime this summer, or as soon as it is ready. We are also planning to bring The Lab radio station to all four consoles in a forthcoming title update. Please stay tuned for more information.

“Will there be any more updates for [GTA Online] on Xbox 360?” – @ColtsPacersJosh

We want to support the older consoles with new content for as long as we possibly can. As we mentioned previously, we always knew there might be a point where we would reach the technical capacity of what the older generation of consoles can handle as each downloadable update requires additional memory both for assets and for additional scripting.  We have continued to optimize the entire game over time in order to squeeze as much memory as we possibly could out of the last-generation hardware and at some point, continuing to add content for those systems could cause the risk of instability to the game overall. As of now, we are planning on releasing the next big content update for all five systems and we will continue to squeeze as much as we possibly can onto them.

“How about creating something like that in PS4/3 and Xbox platforms?” – Osprey11

The GTAV PC Self Radio experience that plays your personally curated playlist of mp3s in the game as a fully featured and properly integrated radio station just wouldn’t technically be possible on the consoles as it requires more than the consoles allow at this time.

“I’m having soo much fun with GTAV on the PC but I just have one question about it, how come you are not allowing mods for it?” - @ClarkMatthew63
“Will I get banned from GTA Online for using a FoV Mod or Oculus Rift mod?” - @Mattophobia

We have always appreciated the creative efforts of the PC modding community and we still fondly remember the awesome zombie invasion mod and original GTA map mod for GTAIV PC among many other classics. To be clear, the modding policy in our license has not changed and is the same as for GTAIV.  Recent updates to GTAV PC had an unintended effect of making unplayable certain single player modifications. This was not intentional, no one has been banned for using single player modifications, and you should not worry about being banned or being relegated to the cheater pool just for using single player PC mods. Our primary focus is on protecting GTA Online against modifications that could give players an unfair advantage, disrupt gameplay, or cause griefing. It also bears mentioning that because game mods are by definition unauthorized, they may be broken by technical updates, cause instability, or affect your game in other unforeseen ways.

Rest of the article here

--

actual_1431014122.jpg

Rest of the article here

--

New car.

No car in GTAV atm has a gullwing door.

There is also no physical mods on a Stinger, just paint, wheels, and tint.

• zimbabweboy likes this

Sky_Light12
  • Sky_Light12

insane troll, the troll prodigy

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:33 PM

i think it's not .50 if you look closer

if it's added , it will be second engraved gun in game

-Jacking-
  • -Jacking-

Formerly Agent-Sanchez

• Members
  • Switzerland

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:34 PM

"For those asking for more Heists, please understand that Grand Theft Auto Online Heists were a tremendous undertaking so it’s not the sort of thing where we can easily create and publish additional Heists like other Job modes and missions."

You have the answer.

soundism
  • soundism

Put a bird on it

• Members

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:35 PM

i think it's not .50 if you look closer
if it's added , it will be second engraved gun in game

And yet still no revolver!
  • ten-a-penny, A Maned Wolf, matajuegos01 and 8 others like this

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud
  • DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

here is wondering how long a member title actually could be

• BUSTED!
  • Belgium

Gullwing mercedes ?
Hell even if that costs 2 mil i need it to replace something in my garage
  • El-Gaddafii likes this

Re-Dragon-Cro
  • Re-Dragon-Cro

CEO of Neon Knights Inc.

• Members
  • Croatia

No they just said they can't release them as fast as normal missions as heists take more work, more heists will come but it takes time.

• LeeH1989, dead goon, Shadowfennekin and 5 others like this

TheGoodSgtScooter
  • TheGoodSgtScooter

Vote freedom, vote Scooter. Current mayor of Paleto Bay.

• Feroci
  • United-States

I would like to use [the Rockstar Editor] but Im on PS4. Hey Rockstar, can you do something please for PS4 players? Black_Pawn_01
Whens [The Lab radio station] coming on next-gen consoles? GRUNSKY
Is [The Lab radio station] ever gonna come out on PS4? sn3jku
The Rockstar Editor is an advanced tool requiring additional processing power so it would not be compatible with GTAV on the older systems, but we are
currently working on a version tailored for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 consoles and we hope to release that sometime this summer, or as soon as it is ready. We are also planning to bring The Lab radio station to all four consoles in a forthcoming title update. Please stay tuned for more information.

I came.
  • Toke, PoeticWhisper, Pizentu and 7 others like this

The Gator
  • The Gator

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:36 PM Edited by iamcornholio, 07 May 2015 - 04:37 PM.

@justinlynch - gotcha. I wasn't sure if they just put a Benefactor emblem on a Stinger and a bunch of other ridiculous things for the sake of hinting how much editing we could do.

psymin
  • psymin

mayor of paleto bay.

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • Canada
  • Crew Poster Battle Winner 2016

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:38 PM Edited by psymin, 07 May 2015 - 04:47 PM.

OMG gullwing benefactor!?!?

Editor for PS4 made me squirt. I just saw that.

382_zpszhsbaymx.gif
  • EVOLUT7ON, LL Cool L and Pettyium117 like this

soundism
  • soundism

Put a bird on it

• Members

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:39 PM

No they just said they can't release them as fast as normal missions as heists take more work, more heists will come but it takes time.

Considering the time between GTAO's release and the addition of more contact missions (about a year?) I'm thinking sometime around march 2016.
  • §†rāngė likes this

§†rāngė
  • §†rāngė

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

• Van Society
  • None

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:40 PM

Cringed at "soon"

• GroundZero, ten-a-penny, Daemian and 11 others like this

HEX1GON
  • HEX1GON

I brought a cauliflower incase a vegetarian comes