Quantcast

» «
Photo

Niko Bellic appreciation thread

271 replies to this topic
TheOneLibertonian
  • TheOneLibertonian

Only those who die get closure, the living do not.

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 21 May 2015 - 02:01 PM

Die, you sh*t!

SuperGTFan
  • SuperGTFan

Big Homie

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 21 May 2015 - 02:05 PM

"He's a rat, doing an impression of a man."
  • Uncle Vlad likes this

Uncle Vlad
  • Uncle Vlad

annoying dick

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:46 PM Edited by Doctor Ray, 21 May 2015 - 04:47 PM.

"No one f*cks with my family!"

Man, I love "Hostile Negotiation" and Niko´s war cries during the shootout. This is one angry slavic motherf*cker, one can almost pity the russians in the warehouse. :D

• albanyave, vengeancehawk and theGTAking101 like this

SuperGTFan
  • SuperGTFan

Big Homie

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:13 PM

Man, I love "Hostile Negotiation" and Niko´s war cries during the shootout. This is one angry slavic motherf*cker, one can almost pity the russians in the warehouse. :D

Dimitri would have had so much fun if he was there. :D
  • Uncle Vlad likes this

Real_Badgirl
  • Real_Badgirl

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:30 PM

Niko is my favorite GTA protagonist, no doubt. He's a hit man, and he can be ice cold when he needs to be, but I like how the game allows you to either kill or spare some of the assassination targets. To me, that makes Niko feel more human. Despite being a trained killer, he wouldn't kill someone just for the lulz like a certain somebody from V.

There's also something oddly attractive about him. Part of it is the accent, part of it is his badassery, and part of it is that I like the way he looks in a suit. Whenever I see an online list of 'most attractive male characters in gaming' and Niko isn't on the list, I feel that the list is invalid.

• Sweet Bellic likes this

vengeancehawk
  • vengeancehawk

Vic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 May 2015 - 09:35 PM Edited by vengeancehawk, 21 May 2015 - 09:35 PM.

I love throwing molotovs at the guys on the walkway. They burn before they hit the ground and die.  :devil:

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 22 May 2015 - 09:43 AM

Niko is my favorite GTA protagonist, no doubt. He's a hit man, and he can be ice cold when he needs to be, but I like how the game allows you to either kill or spare some of the assassination targets. To me, that makes Niko feel more human. Despite being a trained killer, he wouldn't kill someone just for the lulz like a certain somebody from V.

There's also something oddly attractive about him. Part of it is the accent, part of it is his badassery, and part of it is that I like the way he looks in a suit. Whenever I see an online list of 'most attractive male characters in gaming' and Niko isn't on the list, I feel that the list is invalid.

I am much the same.

albanyave
  • albanyave

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 May 2015 - 02:43 PM

Niko Bellic. For starters, that's a great name. Not too flashy. Not too dull. Just right. As the game progresses and the story unfolds, Niko is revealed to be straight forward eventhough there was a lot of mystery surrounding him. He had a deep conscience that affected his decisions at times. While his rage and desire for revenge sent him off the deep end at other times. He was fiercely loyal and didn't make that many mistakes. When a mistake was made he did reflect and acknowledge his wrong doing.

Everything is close to perfect about this character. He walks and talks and even eats like a man that's ready for the world. He's well rounded in that he can love, hate, and even laugh when the time is right.

I knew I would love this character before he even stepped of the boat.

• Payne Killer, Uncle Vlad and Thelema93 like this

Thelema93
  • Thelema93

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 May 2015 - 02:55 PM

Niko Bellic. For starters, that's a great name. Not too flashy. Not too dull. Just right. As the game progresses and the story unfolds, Niko is revealed to be straight forward eventhough there was a lot of mystery surrounding him. He had a deep conscience that affected his decisions at times. While his rage and desire for revenge sent him off the deep end at other times. He was fiercely loyal and didn't make that many mistakes. When a mistake was made he did reflect and acknowledge his wrong doing.

Everything is close to perfect about this character. He walks and talks and even eats like a man that's ready for the world. He's well rounded in that he can love, hate, and even laugh when the time is right.

I knew I would love this character before he even stepped of the boat.

terrific post man.
  • albanyave likes this

Uncle Vlad
  • Uncle Vlad

annoying dick

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 23 May 2015 - 07:13 AM

Niko Bellic. For starters, that's a great name.

Even Mr. Faustin agrees with that. "Niko Bellic! Good name. Good name..."

• albanyave, theGTAking101, Payne Killer and 1 other like this

SmokesWithCigs
  • SmokesWithCigs

recovering addict

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 May 2015 - 02:59 AM Edited by SmokesWithCigs, 25 May 2015 - 03:14 AM.

Void

SmokesWithCigs
  • SmokesWithCigs

recovering addict

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 May 2015 - 03:13 AM

Jimmy de Santa would kick Nikos ass.

TheOneLibertonian
  • TheOneLibertonian

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 25 May 2015 - 03:22 AM

In your dreams. 

Aerovitia
  • Aerovitia

👌

• Facade
  • Indonesia

Posted 25 May 2015 - 07:06 AM

You don't need to be ironic pretend Neil McCauley to be badass.
You don't need to be random psychopath to be badass.
You don't need to be lifeless gangbanger to be badass.

Niko doesn't trying too hard to be badass. He is simply badass, hence my username.

Also love his voice & accent thanks to Michael Hollick, although sometimes it sounds hilarious (especially when he is speaking Serbian, sounds like he is speaking Italian for me lol). Really shame that R* underpaying him :(
  • albanyave, theGTAking101 and Payne Killer like this

SuperGTFan
  • SuperGTFan

Big Homie

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 25 May 2015 - 08:55 AM

Niko is one of my favorite characters in video game history, not just in GTA, but in general. I wanted to show appreciation for our favorite immigrant. 

Niko is a fantastic character with a very likeable personality. What I really like about Niko is that you can easily relate to him and adore him at the same time. Niko is a world weary, cynical man who just came to America to pursue his "American Dream" but it wasn't so easy for him. 

Share your thoughts about Niko and how genuinely make you share that admiration for Niko.

fqG8ipl.jpg

GSh34GY.jpg

DMqAt44.jpg

Niko is voiced and Motion Captured by Michael Hollick

hcJ9Ys0.jpg

So this is the actor whom Mrbossftw is in love with...

SmokesWithCigs
  • SmokesWithCigs

recovering addict

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 May 2015 - 09:58 AM

In your dreams.

Jb Bradshaw would kick Niko's ass while on a crack binge when he should have been on the job towing that truck haha!

Uncle Vlad
  • Uncle Vlad

annoying dick

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 25 May 2015 - 10:10 AM Edited by Doctor Ray, 25 May 2015 - 10:12 AM.

I like Niko´s random encounters with Marnie and Ilyena. They show he isn´t a cold-hearted bastard at all. Especially when he meets Mrs. Faustin, it´s obviously he feels very uncomfortable and wants to amend the wrong, at least a bit.

I also love how he gets annoyed by people full of crap, like Francis. "Hey, I don´t give a f*ck about the life lessons, friend. What do you want?"

• albanyave, theGTAking101 and TheOneLibertonian like this

TheOneLibertonian
  • TheOneLibertonian

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 25 May 2015 - 10:36 AM

In your dreams.

Jb Bradshaw would kick Niko's ass while on a crack binge when he should have been on the job towing that truck haha!

GTFO on this appreciation thread. You are not absolutely helping nor participating.

• theGTAking101 likes this

SuperGTFan
  • SuperGTFan

Big Homie

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 25 May 2015 - 11:10 AM

The only one that can kick Niko's ass is Andrei.

UshaB
  • UshaB

Nacho Libre - "I wanna weeeeeen!"

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 May 2015 - 11:23 AM

It's not a fight when a person is attacked from behind when the opposition doesn't notice.

The only person that can kick Niko's ass in the HD GTA world and has been argued but finally came to an agreement is Luis.

• Payne Killer and SmokesWithCigs like this

Uncle Vlad
  • Uncle Vlad

annoying dick

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 25 May 2015 - 11:30 AM

And what did he finally get for it? A bullet in the head. Sneaky-ass bastard. :D

• albanyave, theGTAking101 and Payne Killer like this

Aerovitia
  • Aerovitia

👌

• Facade
  • Indonesia

Posted 25 May 2015 - 11:40 AM

Andrei didn't kick Niko's ass btw, he is gun-punched him from behind.

Thelema93
  • Thelema93

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 May 2015 - 12:03 PM

And even while tied to the chair niko was still man enough to say that his dad likes it up the ass.😝
  • albanyave, theGTAking101, Payne Killer and 1 other like this

SmokesWithCigs
  • SmokesWithCigs

recovering addict

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 May 2015 - 07:18 PM Edited by SmokesWithCigs, 25 May 2015 - 07:19 PM.

Simeaon yaterian would dominate niko in an arm wrestling match ha ha!.

Amanda would kill Niko in a session of yoga meditation lol!

Franklin would own Niko in a game of golf

Michael would destroy Niko in a tennis match.

redheadpapa
  • redheadpapa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 May 2015 - 07:21 PM

I don't get you people. I think Niko's the most boring character in the entire Grand Theft Auto series. He has zero personality, they made him look like he can't think for himself, he plays a thug that is only good in fighting. The background story of his is dull, he comes to Liberty City invited by his cousin - at the very beginning there is no motivation behind him. Also, he's so serious all the time, like he had a 6 foot stick up his ass. But hey, everyone's entitled to his own opinion.

SmokesWithCigs
  • SmokesWithCigs

recovering addict

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 May 2015 - 08:24 PM

I don't get you people. I think Niko's the most boring character in the entire Grand Theft Auto series. He has zero personality, they made him look like he can't think for himself, he plays a thug that is only good in fighting. The background story of his is dull, he comes to Liberty City invited by his cousin - at the very beginning there is no motivation behind him. Also, he's so serious all the time, like he had a 6 foot stick up his ass. But hey, everyone's entitled to his own opinion.

I would have to guess its because most of these guys are European and they identify with him some how ,although how anybody can identify with a pile of pixels and polygons is beyond me. I'll say this much I play from time to time and Im playing the series more often now that I've completed GTA v. I think its more than Niko its his supporting cast the setting the activities the immersion etc though I'd say story the least because i don't play games like GTA for the story. I only care about the plot in games like resident evil , bioshock, uncharted . I say this be a use GTA games are sort of open ended here you can determine your own story or adventure, well to me at least.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 26 May 2015 - 04:00 AM

I don't get you people... everyone's entitled to his own opinion.

Well it is an "appreciation" thread after all where naturally people who love his character come to discuss. If you don't "get it" I have no idea why you clicked on it in the first place.

SmokesWithCigs: I'm not European yet I have no problem identifying with Niko.

• dognuts and Payne Killer like this

SuperGTFan
  • SuperGTFan

Big Homie

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 26 May 2015 - 04:20 AM

Niko Bellic deprecation thread.

TheOneLibertonian
  • TheOneLibertonian

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 26 May 2015 - 04:21 AM

I just gotta say, I've always liked this trailer. So atmospheric and calm. Just simple. It reflects Niko's laid back personality IMO. It may not be as big or as action packed as MFT's trailers back then in May 2013, but still this trailer is my favorite GTA IV trailer alongside the first trailer.

• Payne Killer likes this

J Cobra
  • J Cobra

The truth hurts

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 26 May 2015 - 04:40 AM

Your obviously here to piss people off. If that's your opinion say it and troll fans on a rant thread, not here.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users