GTA IV Mission Alternatives Thread

124 replies to this topic
AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 06 August 2017 - 03:23 PM

At a quick scan through, I don't think these have been mentioned:

"Hostile negotiations":- landing a chopper on the roof and dropping through to the top walk way. It seems it was anticipated players might try this, as Dimitri has posted some guys with RPGs on the roof who don't spawn there if come in on the ground. Also gotta love calling Dimitri in response to his text message.

"Pest Control":- instead of driving to the yellow marker, you can drive around and rig Ray's car with a bomb. Although it's quite easy to ambush him at the petrol station, this way he has zero chance of escape:

Similarly in "Dining Out":- you can also use the car bomb on Kim's PMP, you have to go in and speak to the maitre d' first, after which you can go back outside and the car will spawn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM5e-gRq8Lk

The guys at "Hostile Negotiation" actually do spawn from the ground, just not with RPGs. They are the damn reason i keep dying to that gas canister close by every time.

OT: In "No Love Lost", if you are a ninja, you can gun down Jason before he drives off.
(not sure) In "Out Of The Closet", if memory serves me well, you can actually shoot at French Tom before talking to him if you know who he is. If somebody could confirm, it would be good.
Yes you can shoot him in the head upon entering the door but you might get wanted star too.

eCola
  • eCola

Homie

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 04 September 2017 - 05:59 AM Edited by eCola, 04 September 2017 - 06:03 AM.

In Jeff's first encounter, you can simply shoot the wife once you reach the restaurant so you won't have to deal with the next two missions. It's a nice little detail.

Dr. Robotnik
  • Dr. Robotnik

Trick

• Members

Posted 04 September 2017 - 09:50 PM

In Jeff's first encounter, you can simply shoot the wife once you reach the restaurant so you won't have to deal with the next two missions. It's a nice little detail.

You can also shoot the "boyfriend".

• eCola likes this

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 09 September 2017 - 12:14 PM

In Deconstruction For Beginners, instead of climbing the crane, I found I could snipe all the Union officials by going up the boardwalks on the far left side of the building site.
  • Pyrrhic likes this

TheOneLibertonian
  • TheOneLibertonian

Only those who die get closure, the living do not.

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 17 October 2017 - 06:24 AM Edited by TheOneLibertonian, 17 October 2017 - 06:31 AM.

I just found in Liquidize the Assets that instead of going straight in with the car and ram the thugs Terminator style, you can also climb one of the buildings through the ladders and vents with one of the snipers overlooking and pick them off from there. Climbing up to sneak in reminds me of Metal Gear Solid without the stealth.

Audio is f*cked in video:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users