Yayyy, why thank you dear sir.

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 21 November 2015 - 11:33 AM

Yayyy, why thank you dear sir.

Here's a Nugget of Trivia for you. If you see any of those (exact) Phones elsewhere, they will feature that Number on it as well. :)

• thehambone and UshaB like this

lol232
  • lol232

Rise From the Ashes

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 21 November 2015 - 11:49 AM Edited by lol232, 21 November 2015 - 11:50 AM.

In the mission, "Lure" what is the target's phone number? Wiki got it wrong.

You can actually see it by zooming in where his phone is (on the lower right side).

UshaB
  • UshaB

Nacho Libre - "I wanna weeeeeen!"

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 November 2015 - 11:50 AM

It was too blurry on my screen.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 18 January 2016 - 12:06 PM

Yes. I just confirmed my thoughts that you can complete Dust Off in a more stealthy manner meaning you can steal the helicopter without firing a single bullet.

What you do is instead of killing the two guards at the entrance sneak off to your left where you'll see an enclosed area surrounded by fences. Scale those to avoid being seen by the guards. Then jump into the water and swim under the walkway. Then you come up to the small jetty right where the helicopter is. Climb the ladder and get in the helicopter and off and away.

I mean you'll still get shot at, but it's a handy method if you don't want to get involved in a shootout.

Keep in mind you can't screw around as there's a certain time before they fly away. I tried this before, but it didn't work. It worked this time because I was in and out like a ninja.

Also in Street Sweeper I always killed everyone at the garage before getting in a chase, but if you want to get them all in one hit go to the roof of the warehouse directly across the street. It's the one where Escuela Of The Streets takes place.

Get in a decent vantage point and fire on them until they're all dead. A nice little time saver.:)

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 January 2016 - 01:23 AM Edited by Jimbatron, 24 January 2016 - 01:31 AM.

At a quick scan through, I don't think these have been mentioned:

"Hostile negotiations":- landing a chopper on the roof and dropping through to the top walk way. It seems it was anticipated players might try this, as Dimitri has posted some guys with RPGs on the roof who don't spawn there if come in on the ground. Also gotta love calling Dimitri in response to his text message.

"Pest Control":- instead of driving to the yellow marker, you can drive around and rig Ray's car with a bomb. Although it's quite easy to ambush him at the petrol station, this way he has zero chance of escape:

Similarly in "Dining Out":- you can also use the car bomb on Kim's PMP, you have to go in and speak to the maitre d' first, after which you can go back outside and the car will spawn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM5e-gRq8Lk
  • Algonquin Assassin, Sunrise Driver, B Dawg and 4 others like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Members
  • Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 24 January 2016 - 11:23 AM

That alternative method to Hostile Negotiation is awesome. Thanks for sharing.:)

It would be cool to do with an Annilhlator.
  • Jimbatron likes this

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 January 2016 - 12:10 PM Edited by Jimbatron, 24 January 2016 - 12:12 PM.

That alternative method to Hostile Negotiation is awesome. Thanks for sharing. :)

No problem and thanks. To be honest I only found it because I'm lazy and fly around in helicopters a lot to save time. I was expecting to be forced to pick up a yellow marker on the ground floor or something - and to my surprise some dude started firing rockets at me.

That in itself is interesting because I think it is one of the very few occasions where bad guys spawn with RPGs in IV. From memory I think one of the Most Wanted in Alderney has one, and the boat from Out of Commission and Dimitri's Helicopter in A Revenger's Tragedy. 

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 January 2016 - 12:21 PM

That alternative method to Hostile Negotiation is awesome. Thanks for sharing. :)

No problem and thanks. To be honest I only found it because I'm lazy and fly around in helicopters a lot to save time. I was expecting to be forced to pick up a yellow marker on the ground floor or something - and to my surprise some dude started firing rockets at me.

That in itself is interesting because I think it is one of the very few occasions where bad guys spawn with RPGs in IV. From memory I think one of the Most Wanted in Alderney has one, and the boat from Out of Commission and Dimitri's Helicopter in A Revenger's Tragedy. 

The Dev Team Thinks Of Everything, don't they. :^:

• Algonquin Assassin and Jimbatron like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Members
  • Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 24 January 2016 - 12:24 PM

The Dev Team Thinks Of Everything, don't they. :^:

Why You Type Like This Bro?:p

I think you might be right. Enemies also spawn with RPGs in Vigilante missions, but as far as main story missions go it's pretty rare.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

The Mystic Peephole

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 24 January 2016 - 12:37 PM Edited by B Dawg, 24 January 2016 - 12:38 PM.

Enemies also spawn with RPGs in Vigilante missions, but as far as main story missions go it's pretty rare.

RPGs in Vigilante? Nope. They have grenades though.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Members
  • Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 24 January 2016 - 12:48 PM

Ok I screwed up. Sue me.:D

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 January 2016 - 07:21 AM

Why You Type Like This Bro? :p

That's the Name of the Trope. Hence the Capitalisation, Bro. :p

• Algonquin Assassin and thehambone like this

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 04 March 2016 - 06:27 PM

Mission: Museum Piece

Park a motorbike outside the entrance facing towards the park so that when Niko exits the museum you can just jump on and escape using the park walking paths. It's a much better way than trying to deal with a lit of enemies.
There's also a faster way of completing this mission but be warned it can be tricky. At the start of the shootout, kill as many goons as you can from the balcony position. Have a look over the railing and get rid of a few more downstairs. Then line yourself up with the T Rex's tail and jump over the edge. Niko will get some stability of using the tail as to cushion his fall but then immediately a guy will charge into the room thru the swing doors with an smg so kill him as fast as possible. In fact all enemies on this level will now spawn so move quick to get out of there as they will chase after Niko. It is tough but doable. I've only managed to do it a couple of times using this method.
  • PhillBellic likes this

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 08 March 2016 - 12:30 PM

Mission: Entourage

Before entering the marker outside Grand Easton Terminal, call Dwayne and request backup, then wait for them to turn up. Then when Bobby Jefferson enters the car, you'll have backup get in as well. Very handy when you come to the part with the chasing vehicles, Dwayne's boys will destroy them.
  • Algonquin Assassin and PhillBellic like this

Nico
  • Nico

Doctor doctor, what is wrong with me?

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 24 April 2016 - 12:05 AM

Mission: Holland Nights

When you approach the projects, just cross the street and go to the nearby crane. Climb to the top and you'll see Clarence from there. Snipe him.

That's what I did last week and it felt really satisfactory.

It also makes some kind of sense storywise since in the next Francis mission he says "I sent you to destroy a whole gang and you just killed the leader".
  • Sunrise Driver, PhillBellic and Axl Rose like this

Truejsefan666
  • Truejsefan666

Bully Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 April 2016 - 12:50 AM

Mission: Have A Heart
Method 1:
Spoiler

Method 2: Blow up the car ON THE BRIDGE! If you blow it up immediately you fail the mission.
I will see if driving the car into water also completes it.

CreepShow
  • CreepShow

My brothers, let's roll!

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 24 April 2016 - 11:21 AM

I
Speaking of Portrait of a Killer you don't even need to kill Adam Dimeyav, you'll be given a kill/spare choice (it's just not too emphasised)... Same with one of the Jewish diamond dealers in Late Checkout.

The goon you can choose to kill or not its just a random goon, Dimayev is the one in the roof.

• Budweiser Addict and Payne Killer like this

Truejsefan666
  • Truejsefan666

Bully Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 April 2016 - 09:48 PM

Final destination-
there's a way to kill Lenny without attracting the attention of Lenny or his bodyguard. Simply enter the nearby building and climb to the rooftop. From the rooftop you will be close enough for a headshot with most weapons, or even the use of Molotov cocktails. Killing Lenny from a distance will skip the confrontational cutscence.

I just finished that mission, and I am reading this during my gameplay break. I should've read this topic earlier! Thanks for the info though, I might use it if I play through a third time. But seriously, I have really bad luck. My family always did, and always will.

In Portrait of a Killer, it's not necessary to even have a police car. If you know the location of the bad dude, just get a taxi and set a waypoint to the location and all the red enemy dots will appear.
No.1 - when you drive to the starting line, don't park in the marker. Drive around the group of cars and then reverse into a car at the head of the pack. The countdown clock will count down fast so make sure you are ready to accelerate. Easy way to win. You can use this method for all races, not that they are hard anyway.
Shadow - You can follow stealthily by just walking or if you want to speed things up, just run after the dealer but this means the other guys in the room will be alerted to you.

The No.1 alternative can be activated if you scrape a competitor's car, then you just need to hold accelerate.

Sunrise Driver
  • Sunrise Driver

The Infidel

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2016 - 12:02 AM Edited by Street Mix, 25 June 2016 - 01:40 AM.

Clean Getaway

You can skip the subway ride and take a car/taxi instead. When you enter East Island City, the game simply tells you to go for the car now instead going to the subway.

Logging In

You can shoot/trash all PCs in cafe but the mission won't fail as expected. Attendants sit scared (because of the shootings) but after a while they start "browsing" the internet again like nothing has happened. Yes, they're browsing the net on a broken PCs. LOL.

To make PCs reappear, simply go out and ran 2 blocks from it and return back.

Sunrise Driver
  • Sunrise Driver

The Infidel

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 10 October 2016 - 07:50 PM

First Date

You can take Michelle play Pool or Darts instead. That's will count as a date. But apparently, no eating or drinking.

If you bail out the car with Michelle in it and abandon her, game tells you that the car is destroyed LOL.

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 21 December 2016 - 06:07 PM

Mission: Tunnel Of Death

At the part where Niko and Packie get the prison van, turn left and head back down the tunnel towards Algonquin. The 3 star zone ends just near the exit of the tunnel so stop and wait until the wanted level disappears then, well you know the rest.

ESAgamer503
  • ESAgamer503

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 January 2017 - 02:02 PM

I've replayed the game and it was very fun. Very solid game. I've tried to play the missions in different ways and there were quite a bunch. So I'm going to list them all from begining to end.

Axl Rose
  • Axl Rose

Dick Laurent Is Dead

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:58 PM

When you approach the projects, just cross the street and go to the nearby crane. Climb to the top and you'll see Clarence from there. Snipe him.

It also makes some kind of sense storywise since in the next Francis mission he says "I sent you to destroy a whole gang and you just killed the leader".

i did this aswell

work smarter not harder!

Axl Rose
  • Axl Rose

Dick Laurent Is Dead

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 18 January 2017 - 05:43 PM Edited by Axl Rose, 19 January 2017 - 02:47 AM.

In the mission "Snow Storm" for Elizabetta Torres you have to get his coke from the Abadoned Hospital. When you get the package, you get a nice wanted level.  Most players just get a car and try to lose the cops but this is not so easy.

I got a better idea! When you come out of the building, shoot down some SWAT guy and run through the fence and jump in the water. There is going to be a boat :) You can easily get out of the cops sight and lose them.

hell you don't even have to shoot anybody after you collect the coke and its better that you don't as it slows you down.

directions off the top of my head:

grab the armor thats in the coke room, then collect the coke...after the cutscene run into the room across from you and hang a left, run all the way down the hallway then when you're in the last room (at this point noose/cops will be shooting at you but ignore them totally) hang a right and head outside and if you look off to the right of the fence you should see a hole, go through that toward the ladder, go down the ladder and get in the boat then just head straight ahead until you're out of police range.

after you lost the stars you'll get a call then you can just drive the boat toward the blue marker...the dock where you get off is literally within waking distance of where you meet Jacob....turns a hard mission into an easy one.

ESAgamer503
  • ESAgamer503

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2017 - 11:31 AM Edited by ESAgamer503, 21 January 2017 - 11:43 AM.

This includes different strategies and approaches.

Bleed Out - you can kill the guys easily by using a pistol. One can be found at the Finland this early in the game.

Bull in a China Shop - You can ram the car to window to make him give up or shoot the window.

Ivan the Not So Terrible - When you get to the set destination where Ivan crashes, there is always going to be truck passing. So what I did was basically take the truck then climb on top of it and shoot Ivan with a sniper rifle since Ivan won't keep running unless you're chasing him. This is a good time saver since you won't have to chase him death or spare moment.

Shadow - You can either follow the guy or chase him. Chasing him is more recommended as it is less time consuming.

No Love Lost - if you are agile enough and good shooter you can kill Jason before he reaches his crew avoiding a gunfight.

Final Destination - You can a nearby building using a staircase which you a good vantage to kill Lenny using your pistol. A headshot most recommended.

Master and Molotov - You can kill Faustin quickly by sniping him, throwing a Molotov to him, or using a rocket launcher. Makes you avoid the shootout.

Escuela of the Streets - You can get to warehouse by going to the front entrance, using the windows, or using the skylight on the roof. The skylight is the best as it does allow you to kill a few enemies using the skylight as cover and the enemies are more open for shooting when coming at them from behind.

Street Sweeper - You can use the roof of the buiding from Escuela of the Streets to get a good vantage point to kill the target but it's good for mostly killing the guy in the car first to avoid a chase then finish the rest of goons.

The Snow Storm - You can sneak to the back of the old hospital using a ladder significantly reducing the gunfight. You can escape using a nearby boat to lose the wanted level more easily and reaching the destination faster. Otherwise calling Kiki is a good idea as well.

Have a Heart - You can dump the bodies to the river. A good location is the boatyard near the place where we were betrayed by Michelle.

No .1 - To get a headstart or really guaranteed win. Get in front of the first competitor on the starting line and bump them from reverse. The race will immediately start and you will already be in first place.

KratosDrake
  • KratosDrake

Snazzy and shiny that's how I roll

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 02 April 2017 - 03:42 AM

At a quick scan through, I don't think these have been mentioned:

"Hostile negotiations":- landing a chopper on the roof and dropping through to the top walk way. It seems it was anticipated players might try this, as Dimitri has posted some guys with RPGs on the roof who don't spawn there if come in on the ground. Also gotta love calling Dimitri in response to his text message.

"Pest Control":- instead of driving to the yellow marker, you can drive around and rig Ray's car with a bomb. Although it's quite easy to ambush him at the petrol station, this way he has zero chance of escape:

Similarly in "Dining Out":- you can also use the car bomb on Kim's PMP, you have to go in and speak to the maitre d' first, after which you can go back outside and the car will spawn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM5e-gRq8Lk

The guys at "Hostile Negotiation" actually do spawn from the ground, just not with RPGs. They are the damn reason i keep dying to that gas canister close by every time.

OT: In "No Love Lost", if you are a ninja, you can gun down Jason before he drives off.
(not sure) In "Out Of The Closet", if memory serves me well, you can actually shoot at French Tom before talking to him if you know who he is. If somebody could confirm, it would be good.

lol232
  • lol232

Rise From the Ashes

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 04 April 2017 - 11:43 PM Edited by lol232, 04 April 2017 - 11:43 PM.

i did this aswell

work smarter AND harder!

Fixed!

M.Saad Mubashar
  • M.Saad Mubashar

Lover of GTA and of .....

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted 07 April 2017 - 11:21 AM

It's always fun to see a burning russian :devil:

:lol: LOL !!!!! 

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 30 July 2017 - 11:21 AM Edited by AuSsIeThUnDeR36, 30 July 2017 - 11:22 AM.

Mission: Dust Off
For: ULPC

I managed to get police involved in this one. I killed the two guards standing at the jetty entrance and a police car just happened to see it. It was completely random so it might help to wait until you see police, then shoot the guys or shoot at the police then shoot the goons. Two stars was handy to distract the goons and while they were occupied with the police I was able to drive down the right side, sneak up and steal the heli.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users