» «
Photo

GTA IV Mission Alternatives Thread

124 replies to this topic
Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 04 May 2015 - 08:20 AM

Basically use this thread to discuss missions and the different ways they can be approached.

Please state the name, methods and add a video if you wish if it makes it easier.

:)
  • gunziness, Nameless Foot Soldier, TheOneLibertonian and 4 others like this

TheOneLibertonian
  • TheOneLibertonian

Only those who die get closure, the living do not.

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 04 May 2015 - 08:41 AM

Mission: Final Interview

For: Francis McReary 

Alternative Methods: 

You can kill Goldberg by silently stabbing him and escaping without any distraction from cops and security guards.

Mission: Holland Nights 

For: Francis McReary

Alternative Methods:

Instead of risking from a shootout, you can climb the nearby crane and take out Clarence from there. It also makes it easier without distraction from cops and gang members.

• Algonquin Assassin, Duxfever, HaythamKenway and 6 others like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 04 May 2015 - 09:15 AM

You know I've never actually thought of using the chopper and Dwayne's goons in Holland Nights like ever lol. Nice one.:)

TheOneLibertonian
  • TheOneLibertonian

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 04 May 2015 - 11:16 AM

Someone should create a thread like this for GTA V. Oh wait.......  :p

• Sunrise Driver, Tomasak, lord sh...t-head and 21 others like this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 04 May 2015 - 11:23 AM

"Mission Failed: You Went Out Of Bounds". :p

• Sunrise Driver, Tomasak, lord sh...t-head and 21 others like this

happygrowls
  • happygrowls

You gotta run and don't look back.

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 04 May 2015 - 11:25 AM

There are Three Ways to do "Late Checkout"

Use the lobby elevator, the usual way.

Use a helicopter and land on the roof.

Use the nearby Window Cleaning Platform.

• Rejeckted, Payne Killer and SmokesWithCigs like this

Thelema93
  • Thelema93

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 May 2015 - 11:26 AM

Undress to kill:

Strategy 1
If you want to avoid battle inside the club:
After killing Jose in his office, ignore Javier and head to the back. Quickly kill Jesus and his bodyguard. There is a back door leading outside at the end of the corridor. Take it, run around to the parking lot as quickly as possible, and try to kill Javier as he exits the club. Even if you aren't quick enough, it avoids the gun battle inside the club.

Strategy 2
If you want to trap everyone in the club:
Before entering the club, park a car up against the back door. After killing Jose in his office, take out a sniper rifle and shoot Javier in the head. Jesus will be unable to escape through the back door because the car is blocking the door, and so he'll come back through the club where he can be easily shot.

Strategy 3
If you want to complete the mission with a single shot of Rocket Launcher:
Enter the club and wait for the message "Locate the managers by listening in on conversations". Then kill some of the guards and when you see the red circles move on the map just run out and go around the building. Then wait until all the managers enter the car, take out the rocket launcher and blow up the car.

Late checkout:
By window cleaning Platform
You can go around behind the Majestic and look for a cleaning lift in the alley. You can ride this lift up to the roof, too. (If you have access to Brucie's helicopter transport, you can land on the Majestic Hotel's roof and start the mission from there) Working your way down through the penthouse suite. This allows you to avoid a number of bodyguards posted on the floor below.
  • Sunrise Driver, B Dawg, Ya Boy Punk Fan and 1 other like this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 May 2015 - 11:34 AM

You know I've never actually thought of using the chopper and Dwayne's goons in Holland Nights like ever lol. Nice one. :)

Neither did I. GTA IV is definately the gift that keeps on giving.

• Algonquin Assassin, TheOneLibertonian, matajuegos01 and 3 others like this

Uncle Vlad
  • Uncle Vlad

annoying dick

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 04 May 2015 - 12:35 PM

You know I've never actually thought of using the chopper and Dwayne's goons in Holland Nights like ever lol. Nice one. :)

Damned, I just finished "Holland Nights" yesterday. I love the idea of an aerial insertion. Have to try it on my next playthrough. :)

Street Sweeper: If you want to fight the dealers from an advanced position, climb on the warehouse across the street (the one you know from "Escuela of the Streets). Take out the driver first.

Portrait of a Killer: You can take a chopper to the roof of the building across the street, then pull out your sniper rifle and have a field day with Dimayev and his men.

• Ya Boy Punk Fan likes this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 May 2015 - 12:39 PM

In the mission, Lure;

- You can call the number on the phone in the apartment.

- You can shoot the sattelite dish.

- You can shoot the TV.

All of these worked for me, in order to get the target in your sights.

• TheOneLibertonian, Ya Boy Punk Fan, Payne Killer and 1 other like this

Thelema93
  • Thelema93

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 May 2015 - 12:49 PM

Final destination-
there's a way to kill Lenny without attracting the attention of Lenny or his bodyguard. Simply enter the nearby building and climb to the rooftop. From the rooftop you will be close enough for a headshot with most weapons, or even the use of Molotov cocktails. Killing Lenny from a distance will skip the confrontational cutscence.
  • Sunrise Driver and Ya Boy Punk Fan like this

gunziness
  • gunziness

Homie

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 04 May 2015 - 02:47 PM

"Mission Failed: You Went Out Of Bounds". :p

'Mission failed: Michael couldn't find enlightenment' that actually made me laugh when it happened haha.
  • Luddite and Ya Boy Punk Fan like this

Luddite
  • Luddite

Ho Rider

• Members

Posted 05 May 2015 - 06:43 AM Edited by Luddite, 05 May 2015 - 06:46 AM.

In Final Interview you can also shoot or smash out the window with a bat and escape that way.

Just did R.U.B Down.

Drive into the bikers and gun down remaining.
Park at a distance and use rockets. or
Use the building next door to rocket, grenade or snipe from if you're quick.

reserving space for future additions.
  • Chad Warden and AuSsIeThUnDeR36 like this

Luddite
  • Luddite

Ho Rider

• Members

Posted 05 May 2015 - 06:52 AM

In the mission, Lure;

- You can call the number on the phone in the apartment.

- You can shoot the sattelite dish.

- You can shoot the TV.

All of these worked for me, in order to get the target in your sights.

I believe someone posted somewheres here that you can rig his(a?) car with a bomb and park it downstairs from him and blow him up that way.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 05 May 2015 - 10:13 AM

Oh. Just realised and although this isn't specified in the OP you can also include missions from TLAD and TBOGT.:)

TheOneLibertonian
  • TheOneLibertonian

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 05 May 2015 - 10:48 AM

As much as I disliked Francis, I liked his missions a lot since they offer a lot of freedom. Like in Holland Nights where you can use a helicopter. I didn't know until I have watched the video I posted yesterday.

• Ya Boy Punk Fan and Uncle Vlad like this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 May 2015 - 02:20 PM

Oh. Just realised and although this isn't specified in the OP you can also include missions from TLAD and TBOGT. :)

You could edit the topic title to say "Official GTA IV/EFLC Saga mission alternatives thread". Just a suggestion. :)

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 May 2015 - 06:10 PM Edited by Zello, 05 May 2015 - 09:08 PM.

In Portrait of a killer you can get police backup if you use a cop car.

I feel like a fed when I'm fighting alongside the cops taking down some terrorists really felt like a real IAA operation

• AuSsIeThUnDeR36 and Ya Boy Punk Fan like this

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 06 May 2015 - 08:20 AM

In Portrait of a Killer, it's not necessary to even have a police car. If you know the location of the bad dude, just get a taxi and set a waypoint to the location and all the red enemy dots will appear.

No.1 - when you drive to the starting line, don't park in the marker. Drive around the group of cars and then reverse into a car at the head of the pack. The countdown clock will count down fast so make sure you are ready to accelerate. Easy way to win. You can use this method for all races, not that they are hard anyway.

Shadow - You can follow stealthily by just walking or if you want to speed things up, just run after the dealer but this means the other guys in the room will be alerted to you.

Gold-NBayse
  • Gold-NBayse

Busta till the end

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 May 2015 - 02:56 PM

Liquidize The Assets - When you arrive at the scene rather than going through the front in the open, there is a wall that can be climbed to a roof (It's shown at the end of the cutscene that explains your objective). When you get to the roof there will be one guy. This spot is a great vantage point since you can get most of the vans and enemies. I do warn you that there is a staircase leading down that sometimes enemies can come up from. (I died from them).

Deconstruction for Beginners - when you get to the car, You don't need to go up the lift and kill the lookouts from the roof, you can easily snipe them fron the ground, saving you time.
  • Payne Killer likes this

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 06 May 2015 - 11:14 PM

Random character mission - Badman.

When you get to the alleyway, toss a couple of grenades in there and you should have only one guy left who makes a run for it.

Bleed Out - rather than fist fighting the two goons, a bullet to their head also works. Also if you are fast enough, you can run over the last guy as he tries to escape up the staircase at the sugar factory.
  • Sunrise Driver likes this

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 07 May 2015 - 05:44 AM

In the mission Off Route from TLAD you can use a police car to stealthily get into the station as opposed to fighting your way in.

In the mission Roman's Holiday from TLAD you can manually call up his business (Liz texts you the number during her mission strand) and he'll come directly to you.

In Photo Shoot you don't even need to take any pictures to send to Playboy, just kill everyone in the basketball court.

Speaking of Portrait of a Killer you don't even need to kill Adam Dimeyav, you'll be given a kill/spare choice (it's just not too emphasised)... Same with one of the Jewish diamond dealers in Late Checkout.
  • Sunrise Driver likes this

Gummy 
  • Gummy 

F*ck thyself

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 May 2015 - 11:56 AM

Oh man, Some of this I never knew...

I wish I had a good PC so I can replay IV and try this all out.

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 08 May 2015 - 11:44 PM

When you get to the part where you have the option to kill either Playboy X or Dwayne, to kill Playboy X easily, don't chase him outside. You'll see his little red marker behind some pot plants. Toss a grenade through the doorway and you'll blow him up off the roof. He will also drop his desert eagle which you can pick up. Rewards for killing X are his safe house, big flat screen tv, secret Claude clothes and pool table to use for friend dates. You'll also get Dwayne as a friend via responding to his email and eventually you get gang member backup if needed. Computer at the security guards desk can also be used.

Three Leaf Clover - if you have been dating Kiki, you can have your wanted level removed after enough dates with her. So as you are up to the stairs leading out of the subway, give Kiki a call to remove wanted level. It's actually pretty cool because sometimes you'll see the police packing up their stuff at the bridge and leaving. I like to cruise past and say "Hmm, I wonder what that was all about?"
  • Pyrrhic, Uncle Vlad and Thelema93 like this

Dr. Robotnik
  • Dr. Robotnik

Trick

• Members

Posted 12 May 2015 - 10:49 PM

"Street Sweeper"-Park from a distance when they're in sight at the garage, then blow up their car with a rocket launcher. You'll be able to simply pick off any that are still alive, since they won't be able to drive off.

"Call and Collect"-You can skip calling the blackmailer altogether and just walk up and shoot him once you've already stepped into the marker, because his character model isn't randomized; it's always a guy in a black coat and yellow hood.

'Three Leaf Clover": Once you've fought through the subway, don't go up to the street while there's still a wanted level. Just stay in the tunnel and run along the tracks until you're out of the radius, and it'll disappear like usual. You'll be able to come back out, grab a car, and drive off smooth as silk.

"Pest Control": Follow Ray and his goons until they stop for gas, park at a distance, blow up Ray's car with a rocket launcher before disposing of the rest of them. 

"If the Price is Right": Once you've fought through the warehouse and the last guy runs to the truck, don't exit the garage; just try to get the truck in view without causing it to leave and shoot it with a rocket launcher. You'll be able to grab the cash from the wreckage just fine. 

• Payne Killer likes this

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

My music's my favourite music ever.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 15 May 2015 - 03:07 PM

@Portrait of a Killer - It's just one of his goons to be killed, not Dimayev himself. Anyways:

-Pest Control - You can go to the barricade on the East Borough Bridge, get inside, the cop will run away (dunno why). Then, when Ray and his entourage comes up, simply blow them up with one Rocket Launcher round, it should take down both cars easily.

-Dining Out - Use a car bomb on Kim's car.

-The Master and The Molotov - In the pure sense of word, when Faustin is running on the fire escape, toss a Molotov at him. It's always fun to see a burning russian :devil:

• Sunrise Driver and Voit Turyv like this

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 26 May 2015 - 10:14 PM

Dining Out - park a vehicle in front of Kim's car before entering the restaurant. Then Kim's driver has a hard time escaping from the car park.

Il Take Her - don't drive south to the coast as the game suggests. Instead drive straight to the hideout (not marked on map but you'll know where it is after playing) this avoids Gracie grabbing the steering wheel and generally being annoying.

Pegorino's Pride - when you get the message to rescue Jimmy, run around the back of the factory to avoid a huge battle, you should only have a few goons to kill down the right hand side of the factory.

No Love Lost - after the cut scene, immediately turn around, select grenade and throw one to the street in front of the biker, it should blow him up. I've seen my mate do it but you have to be super quick ad it's almost impossible.

Thelema93
  • Thelema93

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 May 2015 - 07:32 AM

portrait of a killer.

you can climb to the roof of the nearby police station and snipe most of the enemies. but you may have to go charging in there to get the last couple.

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 28 May 2015 - 07:19 AM

Final Destination - you can use a set of stairs that lead up to a roof top from where you can snipe the guy, although I have used a normal hand gun and used the zoom in mode to kill him with one shot. Another alternative is to approach the platform from the stairway at the southern end, the guy will run down the northern flight of stairs to a Banshee parked in a small alleyway up to the left side of the street. Just run down the same set of stairs that you are on, run fast up the road and you can kill him as he gets in the Banshee, plus you can get his Banshee as a reward.

Thelema93
  • Thelema93

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2015 - 07:58 AM

photo shoot

you can climb onto a nearby building and snipe marlon from the rooftop. this is a great way to avoid a shootout with his friends.

have a heart
instead of delivering manny and jay to the organ doctor you can simply destroy the car some other way, whether its blowing it up or driving it into the water. but you will miss out on a pay day.

bleed out
although I prefer beating them up you can also run them down with your car. or you can get the baseball bat which is located behind comrades bar and use it as a weapon against them.

long way to fall
instead of pointing the gun at alonzo to intimidate him you can beat him up. but be careful to not take the beating to far or you will fail the mission because dead men can't talk.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users