Photo

Dumbest things you've heard non car people say

579 replies to this topic
GTA-Biker
  • GTA-Biker

Let's Rock

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 22 January 2018 - 09:48 AM Edited by GTA-Biker, 22 January 2018 - 09:48 AM.

So,yesterday me and my mom were talking about my new car,and she started complaining that my car doesn't have tinted windows,but when I told her all the stuff that it does have (power steering being one of them),she was like "What do you need a power steering for?"  :blink: I'm still trying to figure out how are tinted windows better to have than power steering in her opinion,at least power steering makes turning the steering wheel much easier,which is especially useful for parking,tinted windows do absolutely nothing other than changing the looks of a car.

Cudwieser
  • Cudwieser

In the Shadows

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 22 January 2018 - 07:27 PM

Well Tints are useful for reducing glare and helping to keep the view ahead clear on a bright day. Very Dark tints are daft, but a mild tint is useful.

Regardless Power Steering is almost esential now. A Morris Minor or classic Beetle don't really need power steering due to the lighter weight and narrower tyres, but bulkier, modern cars certainly need it. 4x4's really need it (try driving an old Mk1-Mk3 Land Rover with a crash box and no power steering).

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 22 January 2018 - 07:33 PM

Most young people here have tinted windows to have some privacy with your gf/bf. 

GTA-Biker
  • GTA-Biker

Let's Rock

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 22 January 2018 - 08:56 PM Edited by GTA-Biker, 22 January 2018 - 08:58 PM.

Well Tints are useful for reducing glare and helping to keep the view ahead clear on a bright day. Very Dark tints are daft, but a mild tint is useful.

Regardless Power Steering is almost esential now. A Morris Minor or classic Beetle don't really need power steering due to the lighter weight and narrower tyres, but bulkier, modern cars certainly need it. 4x4's really need it (try driving an old Mk1-Mk3 Land Rover with a crash box and no power steering).

True,tinted windows can be useful on a sunny day,but my mom likes them simply because she think they look cool (she also asked a mechanic to put a spoiler on her 1.2 liter 1999 Renault Clio just because it looks sporty).

I agree 100% about power steering being a must on modern cars.I learned to drive on a car with power steering,so driving my mom's car (which doesn't have it) was different,it was harder to do stuff like parallel parking.I guess I could adapt to driving a car without power steering,but I feel more comfortable driving a car with power steering,so it was a must for me,definitely more important than window tint.

Most young people here have tinted windows to have some privacy with your gf/bf. 

A few times I've heard people joke that guys whose cars have tinted windows are hiding something illegal (like a rifle) on the back seat.Could be true in some cases,many local mobsters have completely blacked out windows on their cars.

• Cudwieser likes this

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Ännu en dag, ännu ett slag, i betongens krävande skugga

• Sheriff
  • European-Union
  • Best Poster in Debates 2017
    Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 22 January 2018 - 10:25 PM

I personally think "privacy glass", as it's usually called on the options list, is a bit naff. It's certainly not something I'd ever spec. However the last four cars I've owned have all had it, and just about ever car I've looked at this week has had it too.

Cudwieser
  • Cudwieser

In the Shadows

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 22 January 2018 - 10:55 PM

A few times I've heard people joke that guys whose cars have tinted windows are hiding something illegal (like a rifle) on the back seat.Could be true in some cases,many local mobsters have completely blacked out windows on their cars.

I personally think "privacy glass", as it's usually called on the options list, is a bit naff. It's certainly not something I'd ever spec. However the last four cars I've owned have all had it, and just about ever car I've looked at this week has had it too.

If you really want privacy glass to hide the bangers and banging then you can't do better than the original privacy glass

tn_t8-L.jpg

1970s-custom-van-couple.jpg?w=700&h=604

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 23 January 2018 - 10:08 AM

Here most young people start with 500-3000€ cars as their first vehicle. So you are young and broke and can't afford paying 30€ a night everytime you want to have "some fun" so you get tinted windows and drive at night to some random parking lot in the mountains where you are going to find people that have come there for the same purpose as you.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Ännu en dag, ännu ett slag, i betongens krävande skugga

• Sheriff
  • European-Union
  • Best Poster in Debates 2017
    Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 23 January 2018 - 12:13 PM

So you are young and broke and can't afford paying 30 a night everytime you want to have "some fun"

Do people in Spain not have bedrooms?
  • Tchuck likes this

GTA-Biker
  • GTA-Biker

Let's Rock

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 23 January 2018 - 01:15 PM

Spoiler

If you really want privacy glass to hide the bangers and banging then you can't do better than the original privacy glass

tn_t8-L.jpg

1970s-custom-van-couple.jpg?w=700&h=604

Driving something like that would raise suspicion for different reasons,people would think you're a kidnapper or a motorcycle thief lol.

In case of the mobsters,the cars with blacked out windows that some of them have are their daily cars (usually luxury sedans that they like to show off),and since they are often at risk of assassination,they probably do keep a gun (AK or some SMG) in their car.

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 25 January 2018 - 10:49 AM

So you are young and broke and can't afford paying 30 a night everytime you want to have "some fun"

Do people in Spain not have bedrooms?

It's not about not having bedrooms, it's about affording to move out from your parent's house especially in a city where the sh*tiest apartment is 600€ a month, the average salary is around 600-1000€ a month, and due to the huge numbers of tourism we get, a night in the cheapest hotel you can find, can be around 20-50€ which is not that much for a especial occasion, but not something to spend on each week.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users