Photo

Dumbest things you've heard non car people say

560 replies to this topic
Cudwieser
  • Cudwieser

In the Shadows

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 02 September 2017 - 06:25 PM Edited by Cudwieser, 02 September 2017 - 06:27 PM.

^ That's what the anime is about. In "the future" we have completely automated cars. The sheeple are happy, they just get int tell it where to go and it goes there while they do nothing. But sometimes the cars malfunction and/or run amuck, and it's up to the ex-Drivers to chase them down and stop them in their non-AI cars. The ex-Drivers drive classic driving machines. There's a Lotus Europa, A Lancia Stratos, A Caterham Super 7, A Subaru Impreza 22B... The series is completely about the characters driving these amazing "old school" machines chasing down the new-fangled AI cars.

It's very, very worth a watch.

GOD DAMN IT! CAN'T WATCH eX- DRIVER WITHOUT LAUGHING MY ASS OFF AND CRINGING NOW. Hope you're proud We Are Ninja :p :D

See if anyone else can get past 3:44 without thinking FFS people???

P.S It's actually a very interesting anime inspite the now inherent cringe.

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Told Y'all That Liberty City DLC Would Never Happen... -_-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:17 PM Edited by We Are Ninja, 04 September 2017 - 08:34 PM.

Brooooooooo... You can't watch the dubbed version. It'll give you ear herpes. That sh*t is terrible.

HeavyDuke
  • HeavyDuke

Big Homie

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 09 September 2017 - 02:55 AM

This cancerous sh*t talker:

I know I mock American cars in other posts, but I'm just messing, although American cars aren't great when it comes to handling, suspension and brakes.

Cudwieser
  • Cudwieser

In the Shadows

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 09 September 2017 - 09:39 AM

This cancerous sh*t talker:

I know I mock American cars in other posts, but I'm just messing, although American cars aren't great when it comes to handling, suspension and brakes.

I know I'm going to start a sh*t show, but he has a point. He may be about 15 years out of date where modern Vettes and Stangs are concerned, but there are still plenty of modern muscles like the Challenger and Charger  that would be left looking stupid by contempory Europeans and Japanese cars, even in a straight line. Classic Muscle he is very much on point (again there are a few exceptions, but bear in mind most of these exceptions were almost exclusively race bred cars and pricey as hell). The one thing that wasn't mentioned was why classic american cars handled like sh*t was there reason for existing in the first place. America is long and straight with a need for a car that will cruise and keep going for a long time without fail. A big engine and easy ride are essential and since you can generally see far enough ahead braking needn't be immediate. In Europe and Japan things are somewhat less predicable and more precise control is essential. While I can understand your frustration Andy does have a point, even if he doesn't explain it well. I'd be willing to let his comment slide if only for the fact he admitted he largely trolls American cars (highlighted in red).

Both American (going to throw Australian in here too) have their lazy charm, but so do Europeans and Japanese with their more push around abilities. A spirited drive a long a twisty road in a Corolla is just as fun as a foot down blast along a highway with a friend in tow in two powerful muscle cars. It's really each to their own and enjoying what each provides. I will say one huge plus for classic american. Compared to contempory Europeans and Japanese, they were a cheaper alternative that, with some finessing, provided a better work-a-day (the essence of Muscle was it's work-a-day appeal) transport compared to more expensive 'foreign' alternatives. Also Americans of a certian vintage generally looked nicer.

• Melkor1993 likes this

HeavyDuke
  • HeavyDuke

Big Homie

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 09 September 2017 - 03:19 PM

Which brings me to the next thing. Its funny how the general car people rule is, Take the best spec Japanese car, then compare it to the cheapest poverty spec US car and then point at the Japanese car and say how much better it is.

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 September 2017 - 01:22 PM

Someone thought a Chrysler 300C was a Rolls Royce.
  • HeavyDuke and Melkor1993 like this

Ai家Cob家
  • Ai家Cob家

Ban Roulette Winner 2017!

• Members
  • Antarctica
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 20 September 2017 - 04:02 PM

237K4FR.png

Cudwieser
  • Cudwieser

In the Shadows

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 20 September 2017 - 06:47 PM

237K4FR.png

Better question, what does the garbage can with the pistol to it's head and an arrow next to it under miles travelled mean. While you're there fill the tank.

Ai家Cob家
  • Ai家Cob家

Ban Roulette Winner 2017!

• Members
  • Antarctica
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 20 September 2017 - 06:56 PM Edited by Ai家Cob家, 20 September 2017 - 06:57 PM.

Better question, what does the garbage can with the pistol to it's head and an arrow next to it under miles travelled mean. While you're there fill the tank.

That reminds me of something that happened early last week

I recently traded in my Ford Escape for 2017 Jeep Compass and local gas station was doing a promotion to help the hurricane victims, Free Car Wash & 5 Gallons Of Gas for Free.

They had people pumping the gas for you while the others washed the car while i was sitting there i hear rapping on my passenger side window and this guy looks dumbfounded and says ummmm are you sure this car runs on gas and isn't electric? I said Yes why? he said there is no gas cap and i don't see anywhere else to put the nozzle.

I had to get out to show him that the Jeep doesn't have a gas cap you just stick the nozzle into the hole and pump the look on his face when i showed him that you would've sworn i just told him the secret of life

Cudwieser
  • Cudwieser

In the Shadows

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 20 September 2017 - 07:51 PM

Well to be fair I wouldn't have been aware unless shown (or the car was prodded). At least he was wise to ask. Some loopers wouldn't do that.

P.S I'd have been just as amazed. :)

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 20 September 2017 - 09:16 PM

Exactly, his excuse would be that it's a new car that few people have.

Melkor1993
  • Melkor1993

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • Italy

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:59 AM

How modern cars overall make driving more sh*tty.

Really...if tomorrow all traction controls and other electric assists on all cars stop working i think a load of people are gonna end up dead.
  • Cudwieser likes this

Cudwieser
  • Cudwieser

In the Shadows

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:34 PM

How modern cars overall make driving more sh*tty.

Really...if tomorrow all traction controls and other electric assists on all cars stop working i think a load of people are gonna end up dead.

Lets Draw up a list

How would a TVR will kill you with no power steering?

1: Straight lining a curve

2. Passing the stop line

(anything else)? :)

• Melkor1993 likes this

Irish45455
  • Irish45455

Irish45455

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2017 - 10:41 PM

My dumbass brother last Friday when he stopped by after seeing his kid: 'Dude, you shoulda seen this sweet '66 Camaro I was going to buy! It had a stripped interior but it had the stock 351 and the supercharger and turbocharger still on the engine! Guy only wanted two grand for it!" Took every fiber of my being to not explain, in great detail, everything wrong with everything he said. All I asked was, "It's twin charged, huh? Has a turbocharger and supercharger, and it came that way from the factory?" He's like, "Yeah, dude! I looked it up and everything!" Sure ya did. Didn't look hard enough or at all, honestly.

Cudwieser
  • Cudwieser

In the Shadows

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 22 September 2017 - 05:35 AM

My dumbass brother last Friday when he stopped by after seeing his kid: 'Dude, you shoulda seen this sweet '66 Camaro I was going to buy! It had a stripped interior but it had the stock 351 and the supercharger and turbocharger still on the engine! Guy only wanted two grand for it!" Took every fiber of my being to not explain, in great detail, everything wrong with everything he said. All I asked was, "It's twin charged, huh? Has a turbocharger and supercharger, and it came that way from the factory?" He's like, "Yeah, dude! I looked it up and everything!" Sure ya did. Didn't look hard enough or at all, honestly.

A 350 camaro for 2k is dodgy. Electrics are probably shot and why was the interior stripped (was there rust in awkward places?). You never buy a car on sight unless you have a back up to deal with problems and a sh*t ton of experience and knowledge. Finally always test drive the car. If the car really was twin charged and 2k what are the odds the owner has crippled the engine at a speed week. In any case I see costs worth 10 times the price of the car if not more.

beanzinapot
  • beanzinapot

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 September 2017 - 05:59 AM

The dumbest thing iv e heard anybody say was back in like '03-'04 I was with my older brother and his friends at an abandoned airstrip that everybody went to street race. We were the first ones to show up with some other guy, so my brother and guy wanted to race.

My brother at the time had a stock 95 Dodge Neon and the other guy had a stock 94 Honda Del Sol. I lined them up and before I checked there lights before raising my hands the guy in the Del Sol opens his door and hops out saying "wait wait!! I need to let some air out my tires".

I thought okay, no problem.. then I see him walking to the rear of the car. I asked "where you going?" He responds with "I'm letting some air out of my back tires so I don't spin them at launch." Facepalm

I didn't say anything and let him do his thing.. least to say is he got spanked by my brother :D

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 24 September 2017 - 03:21 PM

Yesterday I overheard someone ask if a new VW Fusca (or A5 Beetle) is a Porsche.

I mean, I know that VW owns Porsche, but... nah.

Cudwieser
  • Cudwieser

In the Shadows

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 24 September 2017 - 03:43 PM

Yesterday I overheard someone ask if a new VW Fusca (or A5 Beetle) is a Porsche.

I mean, I know that VW owns Porsche, but... nah.

VW  doesn't officially own porsche. In truth it is almost the other way round (there's a complex history to be untangled). Ferdinand Porsche was the co-founder of VW a company that would be later run by the Piechs, in-laws of Porsche. Since then there has been a mutual, if sometimes strained, co-existance between Porsche and VW. While both have made attempts to buy out each other, there is still a mutual peace where neither own the other as far as I recall. 

In any case VW's are not Porsches and Porsches (modern ones at least) aren't VW's. (356, 914/6 and 924 are the only VW bred or associated porsches with everthing else being full porsches).

Raj Brunner
  • Raj Brunner

"There is no knowledge that is not power"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 October 2017 - 05:25 PM Edited by Raj Brunner, 02 October 2017 - 05:26 PM.

When there's paling paint on my car's bumper. "Did you hit something?"

f*ckING NO!!!

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Told Y'all That Liberty City DLC Would Never Happen... -_-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 October 2017 - 06:41 PM

Which brings me to the next thing. Its funny how the general car people rule is, Take the best spec Japanese car, then compare it to the cheapest poverty spec US car and then point at the Japanese car and say how much better it is.

I've been laughing at "poverty-spec US car" for weeks now. Partially because it's funny, and partially because I'm guilty.

asadog2
  • asadog2

The $ making combo

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 4 weeks ago

Someone asked me what a Range Rover was

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users