Photo

Dumbest things you've heard non car people say

545 replies to this topic
Cudwieser
  • Cudwieser

In the Shadows

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Cudwieser, 2 weeks ago.

^ That's what the anime is about. In "the future" we have completely automated cars. The sheeple are happy, they just get int tell it where to go and it goes there while they do nothing. But sometimes the cars malfunction and/or run amuck, and it's up to the ex-Drivers to chase them down and stop them in their non-AI cars. The ex-Drivers drive classic driving machines. There's a Lotus Europa, A Lancia Stratos, A Caterham Super 7, A Subaru Impreza 22B... The series is completely about the characters driving these amazing "old school" machines chasing down the new-fangled AI cars.

It's very, very worth a watch.

GOD DAMN IT! CAN'T WATCH eX- DRIVER WITHOUT LAUGHING MY ASS OFF AND CRINGING NOW. Hope you're proud We Are Ninja :p :D

See if anyone else can get past 3:44 without thinking FFS people???

P.S It's actually a very interesting anime inspite the now inherent cringe.

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Supposed Contrarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by We Are Ninja, 2 weeks ago.

Brooooooooo... You can't watch the dubbed version. It'll give you ear herpes. That sh*t is terrible.

HeavyDuke
  • HeavyDuke

Big Homie

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted A week ago

This cancerous sh*t talker:

I know I mock American cars in other posts, but I'm just messing, although American cars aren't great when it comes to handling, suspension and brakes.

Cudwieser
  • Cudwieser

In the Shadows

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted A week ago

This cancerous sh*t talker:

I know I mock American cars in other posts, but I'm just messing, although American cars aren't great when it comes to handling, suspension and brakes.

I know I'm going to start a sh*t show, but he has a point. He may be about 15 years out of date where modern Vettes and Stangs are concerned, but there are still plenty of modern muscles like the Challenger and Charger  that would be left looking stupid by contempory Europeans and Japanese cars, even in a straight line. Classic Muscle he is very much on point (again there are a few exceptions, but bear in mind most of these exceptions were almost exclusively race bred cars and pricey as hell). The one thing that wasn't mentioned was why classic american cars handled like sh*t was there reason for existing in the first place. America is long and straight with a need for a car that will cruise and keep going for a long time without fail. A big engine and easy ride are essential and since you can generally see far enough ahead braking needn't be immediate. In Europe and Japan things are somewhat less predicable and more precise control is essential. While I can understand your frustration Andy does have a point, even if he doesn't explain it well. I'd be willing to let his comment slide if only for the fact he admitted he largely trolls American cars (highlighted in red).

Both American (going to throw Australian in here too) have their lazy charm, but so do Europeans and Japanese with their more push around abilities. A spirited drive a long a twisty road in a Corolla is just as fun as a foot down blast along a highway with a friend in tow in two powerful muscle cars. It's really each to their own and enjoying what each provides. I will say one huge plus for classic american. Compared to contempory Europeans and Japanese, they were a cheaper alternative that, with some finessing, provided a better work-a-day (the essence of Muscle was it's work-a-day appeal) transport compared to more expensive 'foreign' alternatives. Also Americans of a certian vintage generally looked nicer.

HeavyDuke
  • HeavyDuke

Big Homie

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted A week ago

Which brings me to the next thing. Its funny how the general car people rule is, Take the best spec Japanese car, then compare it to the cheapest poverty spec US car and then point at the Japanese car and say how much better it is.

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

"Did you turn up to rescue Maria, or to get me back?"

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Someone thought a Chrysler 300C was a Rolls Royce.
  • HeavyDuke likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users