Watch Dogs 2

1,433 replies to this topic
Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

What about when you have to get wrenches mask back?

YA BOY DIRT
  • YA BOY DIRT

estoy lista para ese trago.

• The Yakuza
  • Russia
  • Campaign Poster Winner 2017
    Crew Poster Winner 2017
    Best Timbs 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by YA BOY DIRT, 4 weeks ago.

What about when you have to get wrenches mask back?

You can do that mission non-lethally as well.

I'm an idiot with a memory shorter than a 90's PC RAM. Which mission?

What I was talking about earlier was...

Spoiler

That was just for fun. The rest of the game I played non-lethal, even the finale. I mean, yeah, stealth was out the window at that point but Blackouts and Distraction Hacks are gravy.
  • ten-a-penny likes this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 4 weeks ago

has anybody else found the Watch_Dogs crossover references from Assassin's Creed Origins?

in the 'modern' part of the game there's some files on the girls computer about the connection between the AC and W_D universe.

Spoiler
  • ten-a-penny likes this

Edward Nashton
  • Edward Nashton

Bread Makes You Fat?!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

^ Yep, but AC: Black Flag did it as well. 

fashion
  • fashion

ಠ_ರೃ

• Members
  • Mars
  • Most Desperate For a Ban 2017

Posted 4 weeks ago

You're also killing an abstergo bigshot in WD1. It was just a small easter egg to AC but this shot confirms that it was in fact canon.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Thunder-Blockhead, this is Raz-Griz 3! Roger that!

• Members
  • Morocco
  • Distinguished Medal Begging 2018

Posted 3 weeks ago

Really? I played Blag Flag (at least the "Assassin's Creed" part of the game) to death and I haven't noticed anything.

Edward Nashton
  • Edward Nashton

Bread Makes You Fat?!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Edward Nashton, 3 weeks ago.

Really? I played Blag Flag (at least the "Assassin's Creed" part of the game) to death and I haven't noticed anything.

It's in the present day segment of the game, if you hack into the boss's email, you'll find that the Blume corporation was trying to persuade Abstergo into buying and integrating a localized version of ctOS into their facilities.

Spoiler
  • ten-a-penny and Ivan1997GTA like this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Thunder-Blockhead, this is Raz-Griz 3! Roger that!

• Members
  • Morocco
  • Distinguished Medal Begging 2018

Posted 3 weeks ago

Ha, I seriously need to start paying attention.

OT:

Dunno if I already said it, but I've beaten the game a second time, now on my third run. This run was actually nice. Usually when I first start the game, I hunt down as many Money Bags, Research Points and Key Data's as I can in the very beginning of the game, before I finish the "tutorial". Then I start doing Online Operations non-stop until I get all the upgrades that I want. This "tutorial" run came out nicely: I got like $300K and 25(!) Research Points from the get-go.

I'm getting close into completing that segment so I can burst through the story.

Spoiler
  • Furry_Monkey and YA BOY DIRT like this

TommyPayne123
  • TommyPayne123

Crackhead

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 weeks ago

I view Watch Dogs 2 as a solid successor to the original and deserving of a lot more attention that the small amount of attention it does receive based on the dissapointment of the first Watch Dogs. It's a shame, because you can see the amount of hard work they put into it creating a more enjoyable and far less buggy experience if you were to give it a try.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 2 weeks ago

They've tried to do better game, but they messed terribly in terms of character creation and storyline. Instead of creating something memorable, they've copied all the bad things GTA V done before - weak antagonist, yoga, hipster crap, etc.

The only thing that really stands out positevely from the rest is really nicely crafted map. 

Shaksprings
  • Shaksprings

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

i just hope the next wd3 is in new york city

Ivan1997GTA
  • Ivan1997GTA

Proud to Be Loud

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Ivan1997GTA, 2 weeks ago.

They've tried to do better game, but they messed terribly in terms of character creation and storyline. Instead of creating something memorable, they've copied all the bad things GTA V done before - weak antagonist, yoga, hipster crap, etc.
The only thing that really stands out positevely from the rest is really nicely crafted map.

I can only hope that the third game will balance things out with a more serious story - not overly dark and depressing, but not overly wacky and fun, either. I mean, you'd have a serious story, with some optional crazy things to do, kinda like in GTA San Andreas or Saints Row 2.

And also, I hope the next Watch_Dogs game will take place outside of North America, maybe in London or Moscow, or, heck, even Tokyo.
  • Tycek and ten-a-penny like this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

New York would be too big and they'd have to cut things out. I want it to be either Seattle, London, or Washington DC.

fashion
  • fashion

ಠ_ರೃ

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 2 weeks ago

They need to go to Tokyo sooner or later. It would be the perfect setting. I'm going to be really upset if they won't do it.

Let's say WD3 in London and WD4 in Tokyo.
  • Ivan1997GTA likes this

DexPac
  • DexPac

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

New York would be too big and they'd have to cut things out. I want it to be either Seattle, London, or Washington DC.

DC would be awesome. A big, high stakes, government conspiracy story could be the perfect way to wrap up the "american trilogy", but in the end they learn that the scope stretches much further and sets up an "international trilogy".

• ten-a-penny, Zello and Ivan1997GTA like this

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Watch Dogs 2 is a great game, but I feel like they shouldn't have made such a drastic change in the tone from the first game. It's too lighthearted and doesn't take itself seriously. 

It pulls me out of the immersion a bit when they portray Marcus as this outgoing lighthearted guy that cares about other people in the cutscenes, then turns you loose on the city to murder, rampage, and siphon unsuspecting people's bank accounts and ruin their day.

The car handling is slightly better than the first game but it still doesn't make sense. It's like every single vehicle has ABS but no traction control, as they would all come to a complete stop from top speed in under 3 seconds without skidding but they will skid when you go full throttle from a stand still.

I like the 3D printer idea, but it doesn't really explain much. In WD1 you can go into a gun shop and browse weapons. In WD2 you would (I presume) go on the internet to buy the gun and then print it, but what exactly are you buying? Blueprints? Materials? Both? I don't get it.

The AI in the game is phenomenal. Way better than the first game, and light years ahead of what is in GTA V. But I don't get why cops will ignore gang members openly carrying their firearms but come after me when I have my own weapons out.

It seems the cops will only engage with gang members when they're actively shooting. They'll arrest other NPCs that aren't carrying weapons 5 feet away while a guy holding a shotgun walks up to me to tell me I can't be near his restricted area.

Anyway apart from those I think the game is amazing, but would've liked it more if it took itself a little more seriously.

As for the setting of the next game I don't care where they set it, as long as they continue to make the gameplay fun  and have a decent story this time around. None of that "Let's team up and take down the mean ol' bad guys stealing everyone's personal info!" crap either.

• El Diablo and Ivan1997GTA like this

HeySlickThatsMe
  • HeySlickThatsMe

"Don't feed the troll"

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 2 weeks ago

• ten-a-penny likes this

fashion
  • fashion

ಠ_ರೃ

• Members
  • Mars

Posted A week ago

https://www.artstati...m/artwork/Eo4g0

Concept art from an unannounced Ubi project. Could be WD3 and I hope it is.

Ubisoft games have a history of "leaked" concept art.

Ivan1997GTA
  • Ivan1997GTA

Proud to Be Loud

• Members
  • Russia

Posted A week ago Edited by Ivan1997GTA, A week ago.

https://www.artstati...m/artwork/Eo4g0

Concept art from an unannounced Ubi project. Could be WD3 and I hope it is.

Ubisoft games have a history of "leaked" concept art.

Hmm, looks like the next stop is Japan, but I'm not sure, we'll just have to wait until Ubisoft officially announces WD3 and confirms where it will take place.

fashion
  • fashion

ಠ_ರೃ

• Members
  • Mars

Posted A week ago Edited by fashion, A week ago.

I was just thinking how you came up with Japan but then I zoomed in and you're right.

I'm hyped. I'm telling you, Japan would be the perfect setting. Please be true.

The coat of the person in the front looks like it came straight out of Watch Dogs and the army's wearing masks, reminding me of it too. My random guess is that the person in the front is a woman, probably their leader of an underground hacker army.

Gotta keep the hype low of course. Nothing is official yet. Now we need someone with japaneese knowledge to translate.

Lazerface
  • Lazerface

The Business

• Members
  • None
  • Lousy T-Shirt

Posted A week ago

That sh*t looks way too dystopian to be Watch Dogs, it reminds me of Deus Ex, if anything.
  • ten-a-penny, Zello and Ivan1997GTA like this

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted A week ago Edited by Tycek, A week ago.

If you look at the Juhani Jokinen's page there are different pictures with similar distopian atmosphere like these: 

juhani-jokinen-sectorf1-web.jpg

juhani-jokinen-winter-patrol2-artstation

While they don't have to be from the same game, none of these fit the WD world.

The top symbol on the banners on art linked by fashion is "fire," and then the small ones spell roketto, which obviously means rocket. I can't recall the bottom kanji though. 

• ten-a-penny, fashion and Ivan1997GTA like this

fashion
  • fashion

ಠ_ರೃ

• Members
  • Mars

Posted A week ago Edited by fashion, A week ago.

Yeah, got a bit too excited there. Who knows what they're working on. Thanks for translating.

Lazerface
  • Lazerface

The Business

• Members
  • None
  • Lousy T-Shirt

Posted A week ago

That actually looks like some Blade Runner/Alien type sh*t.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users