Spoiler
  • El Diablo, ten-a-penny, Furry_Monkey and 1 other like this

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

Owner of Up-n-Atom Diner, Paleto Bay

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • None

Posted 3 days ago

Awesome snaps. That panorama of the city i gorgeous. 

• CrysisAverted likes this

Son of Zeus
  • Son of Zeus

Still King

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 3 days ago

Hey guys is this worth buying? Is it a major improvement over WD1 ? Is it better or worse than GTA V?

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Unforgiven

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 3 days ago

Hey guys is this worth buying? Is it a major improvement over WD1 ? Is it better or worse than GTA V?

I would say yes. Definitely worth buying. The only thing I don't really like is the story. It's whacked out, but still tolerable.

It feels far better than WD1 similarly to how ACII was to AC1. It sacrifices a few things here and there, but overall IMO atleast it's a noticable refinement to the I.P.

As for GTA V it doesn't have the same scale and scope regarding the map, but San Francisco feels better to explore than Los Santos. The parkour and environment hacking makes things more interesting too.

Just give it a go mate.;)
  • El Diablo, Fuzzknuckles and Mister Pink like this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Computerwelt

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 3 days ago

I'm tempted to get it myself but will wait for the price to come down a little more. 

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Hardass Tomboy(tm)

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 3 days ago

I'm in the same boat as Pink. My laptop is too weak for this game (although it is close to the requirements) and NewGen Consoles are way too expensive. $1,650LYD for a PS4? $1500 for an XB1? Battlefield 1 is more expensive than PS2's on release? PS2 on release was 200LYD for the regular and $250LYD for the Backwards Compatibility feature, but now regulars are $400+LYD? Wtf? The only gaming platform that doesn't seem to be affected *too much* is the PC platform. Most expensive one I've seen is for 700 something, and its stronger or on par with NGConsoles. If I had any space for a high end PC I would've had one.
  • Ivan1997GTA likes this

Raj Brunner
  • Raj Brunner

"There is no knowledge that is not power"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 days ago Edited by Raj Brunner, 2 days ago.

Yes. It's everything Watch Dogs 1 should've been. But like I said before it's no GTA V killer.

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None
  • Most Missed 2016
    [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Unedited
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 2 days ago Edited by CrysisAverted, 2 days ago.

So wanting to play Watch Dogs 2 and it still having the same bug I decide to do some more oogling into the problem
Judging by the results I have found, it isn't an isolated issue and occurs across most Ubisoft games, it's been a problem to some for years and none of the forum posts have resulted in any good fix and essentially it seems to me that Ubisoft sucks something awful that you can even expect to run their games in fullscreen considering the only working fix is seemingly changing some f*cking line of code to have the game run in windowed mode, considering that fix is for the division and I have no reference for this sh*t I'm kind of stumped as to how I would go about having it start windowed
oogle results
Boy if I had payed for this game I would be fuming 

also I really hate Ubisoft's responses to people asking for support "Verify game files" *proceeds to list out the steps to do so

This sh*t didn't work for your crap anticheat preventing me from playing online and it sure as sh*t ain't working for this issue thats been causing problems to players for years

*edit*

ok thanks to geforce experience I was able to change my settings from fullscreen to windowed via the "optimal game settings" thing, downside I'm now playing the game in windowed mode which runs like sh*t, brightside... I c-can finally play!!!

Awesome snaps. That panorama of the city i gorgeous.

Thanks

Pat
  • Pat

• GTA Series Staff
  • None

Posted 2 days ago Edited by Pat, 2 days ago.

The optimization really is disappointing. I mean, it's to be expected with Ubisoft, but they made a huge deal about how well they were going to optimize it this time around and then it came out and, surprise, it's just as bad as all of their other games. This is pretty much the only game on the market where you will see a significant increase in frame rates going from an i5 to an i7; even other current CPU heavy games don't see as big of a difference as WD2 does. I've only put a few hours into it myself because it brings my 2500K to its knees.
  • Jinx. and Ivan1997GTA like this

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None
  • Most Missed 2016
    [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Unedited
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 2 days ago Edited by CrysisAverted, 2 days ago.

Well with borderless window and the taskbar elsewhere I actually got to start the final mission with a fullscreen-esc experience, unfortunately after playing as wrench, clearing the area, and taking out the servers I hear "I came, I saw, I blew-" game crashes

f*ck doing that sh*t again, maybe some other time...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users