Spoiler
  • El Diablo, Piperka, Raavi and 5 others like this

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

Owner of Up-n-Atom Diner, Paleto Bay

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • None

Posted 23 March 2017 - 02:28 AM

Awesome snaps. That panorama of the city i gorgeous. 

• CrysisAverted likes this

Son of Zeus
  • Son of Zeus

Still King

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 March 2017 - 05:55 AM

Hey guys is this worth buying? Is it a major improvement over WD1 ? Is it better or worse than GTA V?

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:36 PM

Hey guys is this worth buying? Is it a major improvement over WD1 ? Is it better or worse than GTA V?

I would say yes. Definitely worth buying. The only thing I don't really like is the story. It's whacked out, but still tolerable.

It feels far better than WD1 similarly to how ACII was to AC1. It sacrifices a few things here and there, but overall IMO atleast it's a noticable refinement to the I.P.

As for GTA V it doesn't have the same scale and scope regarding the map, but San Francisco feels better to explore than Los Santos. The parkour and environment hacking makes things more interesting too.

Just give it a go mate.;)
  • El Diablo, Fuzzknuckles, Mister Pink and 4 others like this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:09 PM

I'm tempted to get it myself but will wait for the price to come down a little more. 

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Thunder-Blockhead, this is Raz-Griz 3! Roger that!

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:54 PM

I'm in the same boat as Pink. My laptop is too weak for this game (although it is close to the requirements) and NewGen Consoles are way too expensive. $1,650LYD for a PS4? $1500 for an XB1? Battlefield 1 is more expensive than PS2's on release? PS2 on release was 200LYD for the regular and $250LYD for the Backwards Compatibility feature, but now regulars are $400+LYD? Wtf? The only gaming platform that doesn't seem to be affected *too much* is the PC platform. Most expensive one I've seen is for 700 something, and its stronger or on par with NGConsoles. If I had any space for a high end PC I would've had one.
  • Ivan1997GTA likes this

Raj Brunner
  • Raj Brunner

"There is no knowledge that is not power"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:01 PM Edited by Raj Brunner, 23 March 2017 - 09:04 PM.

Yes. It's everything Watch Dogs 1 should've been. But like I said before it's no GTA V killer.
  • HeistsActivist likes this

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None
  • Most Missed 2016
    [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Unedited
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 24 March 2017 - 12:28 AM Edited by CrysisAverted, 24 March 2017 - 12:39 AM.

So wanting to play Watch Dogs 2 and it still having the same bug I decide to do some more oogling into the problem
Judging by the results I have found, it isn't an isolated issue and occurs across most Ubisoft games, it's been a problem to some for years and none of the forum posts have resulted in any good fix and essentially it seems to me that Ubisoft sucks something awful that you can even expect to run their games in fullscreen considering the only working fix is seemingly changing some f*cking line of code to have the game run in windowed mode, considering that fix is for the division and I have no reference for this sh*t I'm kind of stumped as to how I would go about having it start windowed
oogle results
Boy if I had payed for this game I would be fuming 

also I really hate Ubisoft's responses to people asking for support "Verify game files" *proceeds to list out the steps to do so

This sh*t didn't work for your crap anticheat preventing me from playing online and it sure as sh*t ain't working for this issue thats been causing problems to players for years

*edit*

ok thanks to geforce experience I was able to change my settings from fullscreen to windowed via the "optimal game settings" thing, downside I'm now playing the game in windowed mode which runs like sh*t, brightside... I c-can finally play!!!

Awesome snaps. That panorama of the city i gorgeous.

Thanks

Pat
  • Pat

• GTA Series Staff
  • None

Posted 24 March 2017 - 12:41 AM Edited by Pat, 24 March 2017 - 12:41 AM.

The optimization really is disappointing. I mean, it's to be expected with Ubisoft, but they made a huge deal about how well they were going to optimize it this time around and then it came out and, surprise, it's just as bad as all of their other games. This is pretty much the only game on the market where you will see a significant increase in frame rates going from an i5 to an i7; even other current CPU heavy games don't see as big of a difference as WD2 does. I've only put a few hours into it myself because it brings my 2500K to its knees.
  • Jinx., 2281 and Ivan1997GTA like this

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None
  • Most Missed 2016
    [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Unedited
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:56 AM Edited by CrysisAverted, 24 March 2017 - 01:57 AM.

Well with borderless window and the taskbar elsewhere I actually got to start the final mission with a fullscreen-esc experience, unfortunately after playing as wrench, clearing the area, and taking out the servers I hear "I came, I saw, I blew-" game crashes

f*ck doing that sh*t again, maybe some other time...

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 March 2017 - 09:01 PM

San Francisco is beautiful I'm dissapointed that we can't purchase safehouses there are a bunch of places in the city that I could picture Marcus living.
  • Wu-Tang Forever, 2281, ten-a-penny and 5 others like this

DexPac
  • DexPac

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2017 - 07:10 AM

Just finished this game a couple days ago and it's kind of a mixed bag. In the end I had fun with it, though, and I guess that's all you can really ask for.

While Marcus certainly had more charm to him than Aiden his motivations were kind of lacking. I can understand him being pissed that he got arrested and charged for a crime he didn't commit but it hardly justifies the crimes he commits after.

The city is damn pretty and I loved some of the pedestrian interactions at first but they got old fast. The first time I saw a couple getting into a fight it felt so dynamic and random but I saw it five more times in that one session of playing.

The story was pretty good for the most part but it seemed to end so abruptly. There was that whole subplot with T-Bone and Sitara that never really went anywhere and Miranda sort of just disappeared.

Plus the main villain, despite having a pretty cool introduction and some decent cutscenes, didn't really ever feel all that big a part of the actual game. It left Blume still feeling like a generic, faceless, evil corporation.

But, like I said, I enjoyed the game. Hacking cars felt like a rather small upgrade but it adds so much fun to the game. Even though I'm done with the story and most of the side missions I can still see myself getting a few more days out of just tooling around picking up collectibles.
  • Ivan1997GTA likes this

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

Killed by drones.

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Most Creative [Writing] 2016
    Most Talented Writer 2015
    Most Talented Writer 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 23 April 2017 - 12:00 AM

I actually enjoyed the first game. It was far from perfect but I found the story decent and thus Aiden's reasons for doing what he did were believable.

I don't like Marcus much. The entire story and characters (oh god, the characters!!!) feel like they've been written by and for 12 year olds. There's no real depth there, little likability for me and the entire mystery and charm that dedsec had in the first game was obliterated in the second.

The city is nice though, but I view watchdogs 2 as a sidestep more than an improvement overall. It does improve some things but it also left me missing the first a little. Strange, huh?
  • Tycek, Journey_95, A.O.D.88 and 1 other like this

fashion
  • fashion

f*ck you microtransactions

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:36 AM

Is the Human Conditions DLC worth buying? Or is it a ripoff like the clothing items?

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:38 AM

Is the Human Conditions DLC worth buying? Or is it a ripoff like the clothing items?

There are 3 new missions

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful Modding 2016 [Runner-up]
    Best Vehicle 2016 [IVPack]
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 14 May 2017 - 03:07 PM

Who has bought this game? I need one person to contact me via PM.

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:05 AM

Ugh.... this DLC felt ridiculously small compared to Human Conditions. It was fun... but felt too freaking short. -_-

And who were those random people on the artwork for No Compromise?! We never saw those two!

It's fun

If you loved Jordi, you'll love his set of missions. :D

fashion
  • fashion

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:14 AM Edited by fashion, 19 May 2017 - 10:14 AM.

Probably most people visiting this topic have bought this game :p
If you have a question, just ask away.

I think I'll pass the DLCs until the season pass is heavily discounted. Have the recent updates added anything interesting? Last time I played was even before the HC DLC got released but I almost forgot how good it felt to free roam in SF. Think I'll reinstall the game now.
  • Ivan1997GTA likes this

UAL
  • UAL

Playa

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 May 2017 - 08:50 PM Edited by UAL, 21 May 2017 - 08:52 PM.

I bought a pre owned copy 2 weeks ago. Probably the best £20 I've spent, I haven't enjoyed playing through a game like this in years.

It's a bit overwhelming at first because theres so much sh*t on the map and the constant hacking lines appearing on screen (which you can turn off) were a bit too much at first.

But once you get used to everything and learn how to use the hacking features/gadgets the game really becomes enjoyable. Literally got better and better with every mission.

Obviously open world games are always gonna get compared to GTA and they usually fail in comparison but honestly theres aspects of WD2's open world that are on par or even better than what we've seen in GTA games. I for one think the NPC activity was a lot better than what we saw in V, just small minute details like peds sneezing as they walk. The game world just seemed more alive and detailed than Los Santos, ofc V is 3 years older but still.

I'll be honest I'm the type of guy to turn my nose up at open world games that aren't called GTA, but this completely took me by surprise. Definatley worth the money.

• Wu-Tang Forever and HeistsActivist like this

Laker23
  • Laker23

Greatness From Small Beginnings

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:49 PM

78% completed according to Ubisoft Club, literally limiting myself to 2 or 3 missions per session as I don't quite want to be done yet. Will definitely buy the season pass when it's a more reasonable price somewhere.

I f*cking love GTA, but I prefer the NPC interaction here.. a lot more varied in my experience.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

A.O.D.88
  • A.O.D.88

Brian Jeremy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 May 2017 - 05:49 AM

San Francisco is beautiful I'm dissapointed that we can't purchase safehouses there are a bunch of places in the city that I could picture Marcus living.

I hear you man! That's one of my favorite and most important items in open-world games! It's also why I love Skyrim and Fallout 4 - you can build your own safehouses and in Fallout 4 lot's of em!!!

Back to topic though, WD 2 is just too whack of a story and protagonist for such a nice-looking game world and sandbox.

• Mister Pink likes this

HeistsActivist
  • HeistsActivist

Heists 2.0 Supporter and Activist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 June 2017 - 03:34 PM

All the MK II weapons are breaking my bank and I can't keep any money. I was gonna get a $50 Shark Card if they went on rebate but I've had doubts to the fact that my friends have been playing and enjoying Watch Dogs 2. Should I buy Watch Dogs 2 with an extra $10 or buy that shark card

fashion
  • fashion

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 16 June 2017 - 03:48 PM Edited by fashion, 16 June 2017 - 04:18 PM.

All the MK II weapons are breaking my bank and I can't keep any money. I was gonna get a $50 Shark Card if they went on rebate but I've had doubts to the fact that my friends have been playing and enjoying Watch Dogs 2. Should I buy Watch Dogs 2 with an extra $10 or buy that shark card

Oh my...
Watch Dogs 2 is the only valid option. Don't even make me explain why :D

By buying shark cards, you fall right into Take2's greedy craws and supprt their sh*tty microtransaction system. The 50 bucks will be gone faster than you think.

Would you rather tune a weapon and maybe buy a car or have a new arsenal of weapons, arsenal of new cars, large and beautiful map, new story and missions and overall a new gaming experience?
  • Mister Pink, ten-a-penny, Zello and 2 others like this

Laker23
  • Laker23

Greatness From Small Beginnings

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 16 June 2017 - 06:36 PM

You won't regret a WD2 purchase, so much fun. Still waiting for the season pass to drop to a good price.

• ten-a-penny likes this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Thunder-Blockhead, this is Raz-Griz 3! Roger that!

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 16 June 2017 - 07:00 PM

All you guys praising Watch Dogs 2 while I'm stuck with my PS3 and weak-ish laptop. Which means can't get the game on the PS4 (damn thing's +2KLYD, wtf?) or on the PC (weak laptop). AAAAGAGAHAHAGAH!

• ClaudeSpeed1911 and Jon Jon like this

fashion
  • fashion

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 16 June 2017 - 07:47 PM

You won't regret a WD2 purchase, so much fun. Still waiting for the season pass to drop to a good price.
Nah, I'm done with Ubisoft's DLC. Unless they drop something like Syndicate's Jack the Ripper DLC again.

Season pass has the preorder bonus, T bone DLC which is just a car, a DLC with 1 (!) new mission and MP concent and a story focused dlc. The last DLC is the only one that's worth it probably.

I haven't bought the DLCs but it seems kinda lame. 40 bucks for one worthwile DLC is overpriced. It was disscounted for 24 bucks recently but still not quite worth it.
  • Ivan1997GTA likes this

Ivan1997GTA
  • Ivan1997GTA

Proud to Be Loud

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 17 June 2017 - 04:50 AM

Nah, I'm done with Ubisoft's DLC. Unless they drop something like Syndicate's Jack the Ripper DLC again.

Season pass has the preorder bonus, T bone DLC which is just a car, a DLC with 1 (!) new mission and MP concent and a story focused dlc. The last DLC is the only one that's worth it probably.

I haven't bought the DLCs but it seems kinda lame. 40 bucks for one worthwile DLC is overpriced. It was disscounted for 24 bucks recently but still not quite worth it.

Kinda wish Ubisoft would re-release WD2 with all of the DLC packed in, kinda like a "complete edition", even though that's very unlikely to happen. Maybe in a double pack release along with the first game and it's "Bad Blood" DLC.

luisniko
  • luisniko

Mayhem Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 June 2017 - 08:09 AM

Go with what you like, not what your friends like.
  • ten-a-penny likes this

Synthol
  • Synthol

Just touch uranus someplace else

• Members
  • Namibia

Posted 23 June 2017 - 08:33 AM

This is hands down one of the top 5 best open world games I've ever played, I'm in love with it. The quality side missions, world density, NPC variety and interactions, level design, etc. has me hooked, I'd honestly even say this is a better open world than GTA V.

Jon Jon
  • Jon Jon

Jonny Boy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2017 - 11:27 PM

Buy WD2. You'll get a bigger bang for your buck if you do.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users