Watch Dogs 2

1,280 replies to this topic
Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 March 2017 - 06:50 PM

While spending hours walking around the pier, trying to get the achievement where you photograph someone puking. I experienced so many different NPC interactions. It's amazing how varied the NPC;s in the game are. I know they've been good since W_D 1 but it's even more so in W_D 2. I seen two drunk dudes fight over a bottle of beer, a couple arguing and the boyfriend smacked her in the face. I even saw some dude get drive-by'd. I thought at first it was like, some person online, but no it was legit an NPC. He drove up, shot the sh*t out of this guy, and was gone before I could even shoot him. 

However, the achievement I was trying to get was bullsh*t, and it took me forever. I accidentally got it. 

Things are really that interesting in the world of Watch Dogs 2? Actually makes me wanna buy it and just walk around to see sh*t like that. Never really see that level of civilian sophistication in any game.

Did anyone around react when the guy hit the girl in the face?

• PoeticWhisper and Actlikeyouknow like this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Hardass Tomboy(tm)

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 05 March 2017 - 10:15 PM

Just watched a stunting video. Had anyone here played GTAV and/or Online? Because I wanna ask, can you perform stunts in this game the same manner as in GTAV/Online? This could be a game-seller for me since all I do in GTA games is stunting around.

LokDog
  • LokDog

GTAPhotographers//Goon Squad 🎱

• Members
  • Australia
  • [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Roleplay/Cosplay
    [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Motorcycle

Posted 06 March 2017 - 12:56 AM

Just watched a stunting video. Had anyone here played GTAV and/or Online? Because I wanna ask, can you perform stunts in this game the same manner as in GTAV/Online? This could be a game-seller for me since all I do in GTA games is stunting around.

Absolutely not,the driving and the collisions are cringe worthy imo. I parkour or fast travel everywhere...

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Hardass Tomboy(tm)

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 06 March 2017 - 07:52 AM

You can parkour in this game like in Assassin's Creed, or at least close to it???!?!?

PS4 SELLERS, WAIT 4 MEEEY

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 March 2017 - 10:50 PM Edited by Furry_Monkey, 06 March 2017 - 10:53 PM.

Yes, and it's similar to GTAV (on motorbikes).  I've found plenty of buildings I can bump onto with a motorbike.  It's different, so if you're used to GTAV stunting then you may find it horrible at first, but you can do it.  You can wheelie a lot longer before a bump, but save the boost till about a second before you hit.

Trial and error is the key, and the Sayonara is blatantly the best bike for it.  Bumping over small barriers is easy on all bikes, but for big building jumps you want the Sayonara.

And the parkour is very good, but not quite up to Assassin's Creed standard.  It's certainly a world more fluent than climbing stuff in GTA.

(This isn't a GTA knock - I'm just using it as a comparison since we're on a GTA forum).

• ten-a-penny and Actlikeyouknow like this

Hit by Lightning
  • Hit by Lightning

ಠ_ಠ

• Members
  • Vatican-City

Posted 07 March 2017 - 03:53 AM Edited by Hit by Lightning, 07 March 2017 - 03:54 AM.

There is a place in Silicon Valley, in the water "where you find the research point", right behind St. Gianna salt farm. Police can't reach you, helicopter can sometimes but it's not an easy angle. Went there, made some noise and hell break loose. Gangs, police and security all fighting . An epic mayhem :D

You will end up with something beautiful like this!

WD2_carnage.jpg

• El Diablo, ten-a-penny, Ivan1997GTA and 1 other like this

FriendlyFireOFF
  • FriendlyFireOFF

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 11 March 2017 - 03:15 PM

Just heard about WD3 maybe set in London? Make or break time for this series surely as WD2 hasn't sold too well thus far. Personally I won't risk leaving USA at this point............

• Ivan1997GTA and Actlikeyouknow like this

Ivan1997GTA
  • Ivan1997GTA

Proud to Be Loud

• Facade Corporation
  • Russia

Posted 11 March 2017 - 04:43 PM

Just heard about WD3 maybe set in London? Make or break time for this series surely as WD2 hasn't sold too well thus far. Personally I won't risk leaving USA at this point............

Maybe there will be a stand-alone Watch Dogs game soon set in London, and it won't necessarily be called Watch Dogs 3.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 March 2017 - 05:05 PM

How is setting a game somewhere other than the US a risk?

• ten-a-penny, The Deadite and Actlikeyouknow like this

FriendlyFireOFF
  • FriendlyFireOFF

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 11 March 2017 - 07:49 PM Edited by FriendlyFireOFF, 11 March 2017 - 08:11 PM.

WD2 under-performed. They will try and stick to as much familiarity as possible. Which is why Aiden will be back I'd wager. For all we know they have scraped London to be the next one already - though they will probably want to go there still at some point. I'd rather wait for a PS5 game there though.

Ubisoft's recent other titles aren't selling like hot cakes either. Creed is getting a big relaunch later this year - heck though I seriously doubt it that could tank but if it did.....then what?

AiŽaŠobŽa
  • AiŽaŠobŽa

General

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 11 March 2017 - 09:04 PM

WD2 hasn't even been out 6 months yet.

It's a little too early to be taking about WD3 let alone bitching about a non-existing game

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 March 2017 - 09:09 PM

WD2 under-performed. They will try and stick to as much familiarity as possible. Which is why Aiden will be back I'd wager. For all we know they have scraped London to be the next one already - though they will probably want to go there still at some point. I'd rather wait for a PS5 game there though.

Ubisoft's recent other titles aren't selling like hot cakes either. Creed is getting a big relaunch later this year - heck though I seriously doubt it that could tank but if it did.....then what?

You didn't answer my question.

lolznc
  • lolznc

meh

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 March 2017 - 11:40 PM

^ The US is one of the largest consumers of video games, and on average tends to be more nationalistic so there's a fairly big risk of alienating consumers with a non-US setting. It's probably also thanks to the whole Hollywood etc. glorification of US culture in film and tv since frick-knows-when. It's ingrained now. Reminds me of a Moana review that stated that US viewers would recognize the setting as Hawaii even though it ain't

That's gotta be bs, though. Makes the US market seem like it's controlled by a bunch of nationalistic patriotic people who are allergic to anything non-American. Which I can't believe to be true. And anyway, there's much more demand in the East now..although I don't know what presence Ubisoft has in Japan or Korea etc. 

• FriendlyFireOFF likes this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 March 2017 - 01:26 PM

^ The US is one of the largest consumers of video games, and on average tends to be more nationalistic so there's a fairly big risk of alienating consumers with a non-US setting. It's probably also thanks to the whole Hollywood etc. glorification of US culture in film and tv since frick-knows-when. It's ingrained now. Reminds me of a Moana review that stated that US viewers would recognize the setting as Hawaii even though it ain't

That's gotta be bs, though. Makes the US market seem like it's controlled by a bunch of nationalistic patriotic people who are allergic to anything non-American. Which I can't believe to be true. And anyway, there's much more demand in the East now..although I don't know what presence Ubisoft has in Japan or Korea etc. 

You're trying to explain a narrow minded comment that someone should not have made (and they know it).  People want good games.  Sure, it's a nice buzz if you recognise something but the vast majority of games have no real-world counterpart.

Where is Tetris, the biggest selling game ever, set?  Even Wii Sports has sold more than GTAV and I'm pretty sure no-one knows or cares where that is meant to be.

To suggest that making a Watch Dogs game that is set outside the US would be the failing of the franchise is literally plain dumb.  Don't try and justify it for him.  Let him try himself.

• lolznc likes this

fashion
  • fashion

No More Slots

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2017 - 02:17 PM

Gonna put it short: The Assassins Creed franchise was set all around the world and back, that's what made it special. There are more than enough modern age cities all around the globe that would make excellent watch dogs games. The more 'exotic' or 'foreign', the better.
  • Furry_Monkey, lolznc and Ivan1997GTA like this

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★☆★☆

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 12 March 2017 - 04:01 PM Edited by HaRdSTyLe_83, 12 March 2017 - 04:01 PM.

lmao, what game do you know that sold more or less just bcuz of the place ?

sh*t i bet 99% of the players that play this game cant even point San Francisco in the map.

• PoeticWhisper and Furry_Monkey like this

Hit by Lightning
  • Hit by Lightning

ಠ_ಠ

• Members
  • Vatican-City

Posted 13 March 2017 - 04:51 AM

London is one of the most surveilled cities in the world. If you scratch your ba&&s in the back of an alley there is a good chance a CCTV would catch you doing it!

In London there are all sort of crimes you can think of. Drug, assaults, murder, prostitution, sex trafficking , you know, the good stuff! Heck they even orchestrated some crazy heists , “Hatton Garden safe deposit is just one example!"

UK is also famous for its hackers. Gary McKinnon hacked the hell out of the US military and NASA . The Americans were so frustrated they fought for years to extradite him and failed.

Lauri Love also did the same. For some reasons, the British love to hack the US army and NASA!

I’m pretty sure that DedSec has a huge base of operation somewhere in north east London :D

I think London is the ideal choice for a Watch Dogs game and we’ve been saying since the first game!

• ten-a-penny, Furry_Monkey, FriendlyFireOFF and 2 others like this

deadx23
  • deadx23

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 March 2017 - 01:26 PM

I downloaded wd2 yesterday :D although I don't have access to online features I played a couple hours.i have to figure out how to map my ps4 control if possible but loving the scene, round 2 today :)

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★☆★☆

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 13 March 2017 - 02:36 PM

London is one of the most surveilled cities in the world. If you scratch your ba&&s in the back of an alley there is a good chance a CCTV would catch you doing it!
In London there are all sort of crimes you can think of. Drug, assaults, murder, prostitution, sex trafficking , you know, the good stuff! Heck they even orchestrated some crazy heists , Hatton Garden safe deposit is just one example!"

UK is also famous for its hackers. Gary McKinnon hacked the hell out of the US military and NASA . The Americans were so frustrated they fought for years to extradite him and failed.
Lauri Love also did the same. For some reasons, the British love to hack the US army and NASA!

Im pretty sure that DedSec has a huge base of operation somewhere in north east London :D

I think London is the ideal choice for a Watch Dogs game and weve been saying since the first game!

Then Wd3 would be in Rússia first, seems that all hacks come from there latelly #askTrump
  • ten-a-penny and Ivan1997GTA like this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 March 2017 - 04:35 PM Edited by Zello, 13 March 2017 - 04:37 PM.

I like London but if the next game is in the US set it in Washington DC. They could do a lot of stuff with the government Corrupt politicians, whistle blowers, conspiracies...

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 March 2017 - 05:41 PM

I like London but if the next game is in the US set it in Washington DC. They could do a lot of stuff with the government Corrupt politicians, whistle blowers, conspiracies...

it would be a really small map then

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 March 2017 - 06:15 PM Edited by Zello, 13 March 2017 - 06:17 PM.

They could add parts of Maryland and Virginia. Watch dogs doesn't really need a big map though IMO.

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 March 2017 - 06:16 PM

They could add parts of Maryland and Virginia.

its all suburbs, i live in VA by Dc

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 March 2017 - 06:17 PM

They could add parts of Maryland and Virginia.

its all suburbs, i live in VA by Dc
I know I live in MD by dc

Oldsport
  • Oldsport

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:16 AM

London doesnt sound too bad now that i think about it. But im biased , nyc pls lol

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:53 AM Edited by Cosmic Gypsy, 14 March 2017 - 01:54 AM.

London is the perfect place for Watch Dogs, cameras absolutely f*cking everywhere.

Street are much more compact also, would make for some chaotic and action packed bike/foot/car chases. 

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None
  • Most Missed 2016
    [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Unedited
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:56 AM Edited by CrysisAverted, 23 March 2017 - 02:08 AM.

Well, I can never play online cause it keeps telling me that ubisofts sh*tty anticheat isn't loaded even though it is, and now the f*cking game just opens the window and minimizes before I can do anything after the latest update so I can't even play, gg ubisoft glad I didn't pay for this sh*t.

*edit*
decided to post some images

World
Spoiler
  • Raavi and Ivan1997GTA like this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Hardass Tomboy(tm)

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:04 PM

Do you guys highly recommend this game? If I ever get a PS4 or an XBOne (assuming that XB1 games stop being rare....) I'll get DooM4 and maybe this game too.

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

Owner of Up-n-Atom Diner, Paleto Bay

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • None

Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:57 PM

Do you guys highly recommend this game? If I ever get a PS4 or an XBOne (assuming that XB1 games stop being rare....) I'll get DooM4 and maybe this game too.

I would. It's a fun and varied open world game. Not the greatest story in the world but has a great map and lots of stuff to do in it. 

While spending hours walking around the pier, trying to get the achievement where you photograph someone puking. I experienced so many different NPC interactions. It's amazing how varied the NPC;s in the game are. I know they've been good since W_D 1 but it's even more so in W_D 2. I seen two drunk dudes fight over a bottle of beer, a couple arguing and the boyfriend smacked her in the face. I even saw some dude get drive-by'd. I thought at first it was like, some person online, but no it was legit an NPC. He drove up, shot the sh*t out of this guy, and was gone before I could even shoot him. 

However, the achievement I was trying to get was bullsh*t, and it took me forever. I accidentally got it. 

Things are really that interesting in the world of Watch Dogs 2? Actually makes me wanna buy it and just walk around to see sh*t like that. Never really see that level of civilian sophistication in any game.

Did anyone around react when the guy hit the girl in the face?

They really are. I spend considerable amounts of time just walking around and seeing what pedestrians are doing. I keep seeing new things. 

Nobody reacted until I walked over and beat the sh*t out of the dude. Lol, he's lucky I didn't put a bullet in him. 

• Cosmic Gypsy likes this

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None
  • Most Missed 2016
    [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Unedited
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:28 AM Edited by CrysisAverted, 23 March 2017 - 02:10 AM.

the game is gorgeous, not sure how pc and console graphics differ but if you like exploring worlds definitely get it, I notice the npc's do a lot of neat things too, like I spotted a random nude dude crusing down the street...

qRF1t2d.jpg

*edit*
gonna dump some snaps I took

NPC's

Spoiler

*edit* just realizing some images came out ghosted, also many images have that top part doing some f*ckery, f*cking Ubish*t how the hell to they manage that.
Spoiler

• Raavi, PoeticWhisper, Furry_Monkey and 1 other like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users