Quantcast

» «
Photo

Watch Dogs 2

1,319 replies to this topic
Gigs84
  • Gigs84

Haven't you ever heard of the healing power of laughter?

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 May 2015 - 03:20 PM

Unless they plan on doing a complete overhaul, they should probably just stop now.

• fefenc likes this

AiŽaŠobŽa
  • AiŽaŠobŽa

Godfather

• BUSTED!
  • Nauru

Posted 04 May 2015 - 03:35 PM

I love how people who never played Watch Dog only read the reviews are saying how bad Watch Dogs really was and they shouldn't make WD 2.

I played WD i really liked the game i have a total of 103 hours into WD and it took me around 2 months to complete the game because i was doing all of the mini games and the hacking and tasiling stuff.

Besides those who haven't played the game are the ones who only played the missions in WD and did nothing else in the game and rushed though it are saying how bad the game was but they didn't truly experience the game like those who took their time with it did.

WD was fun but there were quite a few things i would add in WD2

• Jehannum and Cebra like this

Gigs84
  • Gigs84

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 May 2015 - 04:08 PM

I bought it, thankfully not for full price, but I could only make it about half the story. Everything was just very bland and the control you were supposed to have wasn't nearly as fleshed out as advertised. Now I did read that the car handling was bad, before buying so I knew what to expect there.

• feckyerlife and Vertighost like this

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forgetti.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 04 May 2015 - 04:40 PM

When a triple A gaming company can't even figure out the basic things like multiple saves and non contextual jump function, and they start copying the same game mechanics over 3 entirely different games, you know that you can't trust the quality of those games. They're made using a checklist rather than letting the devs use their imagination to come up with something novel and exciting.

• Failure likes this

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 May 2015 - 05:12 PM

I think I'll just grab something out of the old box of GIFs...

Now let me see...

Aha!

Q3OjVSu.gif

• fefenc likes this

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Spam Commando 2017
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]

Posted 04 May 2015 - 07:09 PM

Unless they plan on doing a complete overhaul, they should probably just stop now.

Stop with what? WD4? :D

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

"Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?"

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 04 May 2015 - 08:18 PM

I bought it, thankfully not for full price, but I could only make it about half the story. Everything was just very bland and the control you were supposed to have wasn't nearly as fleshed out as advertised. Now I did read that the car handling was bad, before buying so I knew what to expect there.

I thought the car handling was ok. It wasn't great but it was serviceable. Much better than Just Cause, Saint Row and Sleeping Dog's driving IMO.

Spoiler

aleex96
  • aleex96

Prankster

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 04 May 2015 - 08:19 PM Edited by aleex96, 04 May 2015 - 08:19 PM.

Even though it was universally hated, I didn't think Watch_Dog was a "Bad" game.It was a flawed game but It was not nearly as terrible as people make it out to be.

Hopefully Watch_Dogs 2 will be like what Assassin's Creed 2 was to Assassins's Creed 1.

Massive downgrade and poor physics. I perfectly understand why it was so hated and considered a bad game.

Gigs84
  • Gigs84

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2015 - 11:49 AM

Stop with what? WD4? :D

They should have stopped at Watch Dogs 0.5. ;)

swirler
  • swirler

Peon

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 05 May 2015 - 05:12 PM

I liked WD, but dont confuse that with praise ;p It was without a doubt overhyped, had many flaws, and the AI was SO f*ckING TERRIBLE. The Story? For-f*cking-get-about-it.

But on balance, it was average and thankfully I at least had a nice discount on it, so all in I guess I felt I got my moneys worth. Looked gorgeous (*needed* ultra textures with AA, but it ran 55-60fps @1600p).

No surprise WD2 is coming, they invested heavily in promoting the first, was pretty much a done deal that more was to come.

BUT no matter how pretty the teasers are (and they will be!), I wont be pre ordering and I wont be paying full price.

MikeyBelic
  • MikeyBelic

Head Lad

• Members

Posted 06 May 2015 - 03:25 AM Edited by MikeyBelic, 06 May 2015 - 03:29 AM.

Seem's like Ubisoft's new standard. Far Cry 4, Assassin's Creed: Unity and Watch_Dogs all have only 1 save. Idk why they made that decision as FC3 and AC4 had 3 save slots, but not the new ones.  :dontgetit:

Ubisoft's new standard: If it launches it's ready to release.

Seem's like Ubisoft's new standard. Far Cry 4, Assassin's Creed: Unity and Watch_Dogs all have only 1 save. Idk why they made that decision as FC3 and AC4 had 3 save slots, but not the new ones.  :dontgetit:

Ubisoft's new standard: If it launches it's ready to release.

More like if it is big folder with some files. It's ready to release.

What are you two knuckleheads crapping on about? If you go and show a fancy little movie demo, exaggerate the features and abilities you can possess and it results in buckets and buckets of cash then you release the game!

Honestly though I haven't completed the game and funnily enough am playing it at the moment I'd say that it isn't a terrible game at all. It's decent. 

The guns were most likely the highlight of the game and the driving isn't that bad once you're used to it. No you can't go for a Sunday stroll with your wheels but it does everything it needs to from getting from point A to B quickly enough. Fixer contracts were alright but more diversity instead of repetition would've gone miles. Same goes with gang hideouts, criminal convoys and the investigations. Focus was a decent addition but any future game would need to make the system work a bit better. Lighting was another huge issue. The game is meant to be portrayed as dark and gritty but when you go into a dark building you should be able to see your enemies and we're not even talking about blackouts here, major annoyance.

Another issue I've found is the damned health system. Was I the only one to find having you screen slopped with red paint blobs that looked fresh from the bucket as yucky, tacky and made trying to stay alive a huge pain in the ass? Cover controls were both amazing and incredibly frustrating. You'd have moments where you'd randomly stand up in a pack of enemies while in cover and get destroyed which was quite frustrating. 

Another issue are juggernauts. Though they're a good addition but you've really got to get them with gadgets, there are no guns that are a match for these guys, no areas where you can temporarily knock them off balance with a shotgun blast and so do what you must. You've gotta knock them down with an IED and then lay into them with the ammo. 

More hacking options are a must. The ones offered in watch dogs are too simple. You need to be able to take around seven rooms with your phone. You're the vigilante, hacking is your weapon, the game shouldn't challenge you at times, you need to be a god with a phone who controls every aspect of a room. Difficulty can be made up in other ways. boss fights, police chases and so on, but when you've gotta take out a room of baddies you should be able to do it with your little phone, hacking is your weapon after-all. 

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

Spilled coffee on Laptop. no more mods

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 May 2015 - 07:45 AM

Hope they put watch_dogs in Sacramento, CA... lots of content there for them

Mojave Courier
  • Mojave Courier

gregg rulz ok

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 07 May 2015 - 01:28 PM

I remember T-Bone saying something about taking down the entirety of New York.

Perhaps it will be a prequel with T-Bone there?

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2015 - 11:29 AM

I forgot, I want Jordie to have a bigger role in WD 2. He was the most interesting character to me and my favorite of the cast, along with T-Bone. 

I was kinda hoping he'd get a DLC like T-Bone did..... but nope. xD

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

Spilled coffee on Laptop. no more mods

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 11 May 2015 - 01:30 AM

So what city will Watch Dogs 2 be in?

Present day NY sounds good.

I hope not. Chicago was a new setting for the open-world genre. There's no way that Ubisoft would visit New York, which is trite at this point. Plus, they know that they would get bashed for doing the same city as IV was set in., only they probably wouldn't get the atmosphere correct. I'm hoping for a setting that hasn't been done, as Watch_Dogs has that going for itself. A unique setting like New Orleans would be interesting to see. Ubisoft should take advantage of settings that haven't been touched by other developers.

They should try San Francisco or Seattle next or maybe try Detroit. Both Seattle and San Francisco are major tech cities and home to a lot of tech companies neither have had good games set there. NYC really has been overused a lot and since it's Ubisoft they might find someway to f*ck it up. Detroit hasn't been in a video game yet xD

As a guy from the Pacific Northwest, Seattle would be perfect for a Watch Dogs sequel. 

As a guy born in portland Oregon...

Seattle is way too over hyped... Seattle is the birthplace of the worst people on the face of the earth (Hipsters)

Seattle is the reason Portland is being so heavily gentrified which is why there are only very small amounts of african americans in North East & North West Portland... I hate seattle with a passion, almost as much as I hate portland...

so glad I was going back and forth between Portland, Gresham, and Sacramento,CA...

California would be perfect for watch dogs, just as long as its not set in San Francisco or Los Angeles...

fefenc
  • fefenc

All are equal no discrimination, Son of a Gun, a simple equation

• BUSTED!
  • Brazil

Posted 11 May 2015 - 01:40 AM

Well, no physics, no gain.

Watch_Downgrs must fix this gamebreaking issue.

Mr. Scratch
  • Mr. Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 May 2015 - 04:49 PM

Why not Detroit? It's the perfect city for WD. 

dante財閥
  • dante財閥

財閥

• Members
  • France

Posted 12 May 2015 - 02:52 PM

Honestly, why? Unless they take their time with it and actually build something fit for the potential.

First game was practically soulless.

• The Yokel, Failure and Zello like this

Dяno
  • Dяno

dolan pls

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 May 2015 - 03:43 PM

I loved watch dogs

elhazard1790000
  • elhazard1790000

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 12 May 2015 - 04:26 PM

I really hope WD2 is much better than WD1. It was pretty mediocre IMO, especially the story.

BRITLAND
  • BRITLAND

Thug

• Members

Posted 13 May 2015 - 03:31 PM

London would be the perfect location. Unlike GTA, Watch_Dogs aim of hacking and invading privacy fits in with current British culture with the snoopers charter, new bill of rights, phone hacking scandals, GCHQ monitoring various people, MI5 and MI6 etc. A lot of story telling can be done. Could involve meeting James Bond type agents within MI5, 6 and GCHQ as part of getting info and such.

• Dnero, Cosmic Gypsy and Niko Montana like this

Niko Montana
  • Niko Montana

Gangsta

• Members
  • England

Posted 13 May 2015 - 03:33 PM Edited by thedriver111, 13 May 2015 - 03:34 PM.

London would be the perfect location. Unlike GTA, Watch_Dogs aim of hacking and invading privacy fits in with current British culture with the snoopers charter, new bill of rights, phone hacking scandals, GCHQ monitoring various people, MI5 and MI6 etc. A lot of story telling can be done. Could involve meeting James Bond type agents within MI5, 6 and GCHQ as part of getting info and such.

As someone who lives in England, I would love this! IMO Chicago was the wrong location (it fits in GTA perfectly though. 

ExTerminator
  • ExTerminator

Heil Houser!

• Members
  • South-Ossetia

Posted 15 May 2015 - 03:59 AM

What if Ubisoft could create a large fictional city/state for Watch_Dogs 2?

Jehannum
  • Jehannum

PS4

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:11 PM

The most intriguing setting suggestion I've seen here so far is Tokyo.

I really like Watch_Dogs. I've been playing every day for well over a month. I had no disappointment with the game: I'd missed the hype completely, as I do most with hype, being deliberately out of The Loop for many things.

What's keeping me entertained is that I'm still finding new places in the map; improving my online hide and seek techniques (oh sorry, hacking), and the challenge of motorbike stunting with a bike that craps out after one crash.

It's clear that there could be huge improvements in all areas but WD's unique selling point is the hacking. There's potential for a truly great game franchise here.

I see a need for personal vehicle tracking, storage and modding and improved driving physics to bring it even close to GTA. I don't know what it is about the graphical realisation of Chicago in WD but it's clearly inferior to the city rendering in GTA V.

Drill Sergeant
  • Drill Sergeant

First name Drill, Last name Sergeant!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:15 PM

Oh god no

JZFB
  • JZFB

I'm the James Bardolph of GTAF smd

• The Yakuza
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:49 PM

A sequel to a soulless, underwhelming-across-the-board game? Ubisoft are going to have to do a helluva lot if they want my money again.

NoSignaL_
  • NoSignaL_

Generosa Virtus Nihil Timet

• Daily Globe
  • Ireland
  • Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 20 May 2015 - 04:35 PM

The story of Watch_Dogs was crap, the character you played as was boring and I didn't care about him

BUT the actual gameplay was really fun so let's hope when the second one comes out it will actually have a good story and such.

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Melodrama

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 05 January 2016 - 02:49 AM

Assassin's Creed is skipping this year, and in it's place will be Watch Dogs 2. Supposedly, it's set in San Francisco.

http://kotaku.com/so...dium=Socialflow

Landotel
  • Landotel

RED DEAD 3 HYPE TRAIN (Just Kidding f*ck TAKE TWO)

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 05 January 2016 - 05:18 AM

They should try San Francisco or Seattle next or maybe try Detroit. Both Seattle and San Francisco are major tech cities and home to a lot of tech companies neither have had good games set there. NYC really has been overused a lot and since it's Ubisoft they might find someway to f*ck it up. Detroit hasn't been in a video game yet xD

Holy sh*t did you just predict the f*cking future or some sh*t? Unbelievable...  :blink:

Android
  • Android

rain, glitter

• Facade Corporation
  • NATO
  • The Congressional Medal of sh*tposting
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]
    Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 05 January 2016 - 05:30 AM

Anybody could have really guessed that..

• TheMcSame likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users