Photo

Watch Dogs 2

1,269 replies to this topic
Mojave Courier
  • Mojave Courier

Let's Drop the Beat!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 April 2015 - 12:56 PM Edited by Epic., 09 June 2016 - 12:50 PM.

Watch_Dogs_2
_Enter the hacker's world_

Available: November 15 2016 on PS4, Xbox One & PC.

13418828_1133183320053279_34173703896030

Play as Marcus Holloway, a brilliant young hacker living in the birthplace of the tech revolution, the San Francisco Bay Area.

Team up with Dedsec, a notorious group of hackers, to execute the biggest hack in history; take down ctOS 2.0, an invasive operating system being used by criminal masterminds to monitor and manipulate citizens on a massive scale.

Ai家妯b家
  • Ai家妯b家

General

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 30 April 2015 - 01:04 PM

I liked Watch Dogs and the Bad Bloods DLC was pretty good but they need to take it to the next level with WD 2 and should be in a difference city.

I'd like to see it in the UK or somewhere where they have a lot of camera's on the streetsd

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania
  • Contribution Award [Chain Game]
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 30 April 2015 - 01:26 PM

was a “lot of room for improvement” in Watch Dogs

That's an understatement. I'm still pissed at Ubisoft for pulling this bullsh*t.

• Failure, CartmanKusanagi, Peregrin Brandytook and 5 others like this

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

"Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?"

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 30 April 2015 - 01:51 PM

Even though it was universally hated, I didn't think Watch_Dog was a "Bad" game.It was a flawed game but It was not nearly as terrible as people make it out to be.

Hopefully Watch_Dogs 2 will be like what Assassin's Creed 2 was to Assassins's Creed 1.
  • Jehannum, CartmanKusanagi, henriquedematos and 4 others like this

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 30 April 2015 - 02:32 PM

Even though it was universally hated, I didn't think Watch_Dog was a "Bad" game.It was a flawed game but It was not nearly as terrible as people make it out to be.

Maybe if it weren't hyped as much, and Ubisoft wouldn't have downgraded the game like they did, I would have said it was pretty good. But in my eyes, it's nothing more than average.

• torresno9, reiniat, Noclue_42 and 2 others like this

Ai家妯b家
  • Ai家妯b家

General

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 30 April 2015 - 02:47 PM

Maybe if it weren't hyped as much, and Ubisoft wouldn't have downgraded the game like they did, I would have said it was pretty good. But in my eyes, it's nothing more than average.

If they had done more with the Online play it could've made it a lot better as well but online was just 8 players with nothing to do at all and then they introduced co-op but even that sucked

• FroudeyBrand likes this

Niko Montana
  • Niko Montana

Gangsta

• Members
  • England

Posted 30 April 2015 - 03:07 PM Edited by thedriver111, 30 April 2015 - 03:11 PM.

I liked Watch Dogs & Bad Blood but I really hope Watch Dogs 2 isn't a disappointment and actually lives up to it's hype unlike the first one

• NerdFox likes this

Antigenetic
  • Antigenetic

President of the Catholic Basterds MC

• WMCC
  • Ireland

Posted 30 April 2015 - 05:05 PM

Watch_Dogs was the biggest pile of over-hyped garbage I've ever had the displeasure of playing. The entire game felt clunky, and don't even get me started on the driving mechanics. Returned my copy within a matter of 24 hours...

• Noclue_42, confederatestatesgta, Zello and 3 others like this

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2015 - 06:38 PM Edited by feckyerlife, 30 April 2015 - 06:38 PM.

i have to agree, the only thing i really liked was the gang hideouts, hell i couldnt even bring myself to finish the game cause the story was so terrible.

• Th3MaN1, Zello and FroudeyBrand like this

GN 1992
  • GN 1992

aka gnad.1992

• GTAF Crew
  • Brazil
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 30 April 2015 - 06:41 PM

Watch_Dogs was the biggest pile of over-hyped garbage I've ever had the displeasure of playing. The entire game felt clunky, and don't even get me started on the driving mechanics. Returned my copy within a matter of 24 hours...

Thank God I "borrowed" from a friend, played for 25 minutes and removed that crap from my PC.

"GTA killer", they used to say. Laughed my ass off...

• Shaundi., 2281, Zello and 3 others like this

Dottie
  • Dottie

TH_DT

• Facade Corporation
  • NATO

Posted 30 April 2015 - 07:12 PM

Thank God I "borrowed" from a friend, played for 25 minutes and removed that crap from my PC.

lol. This cant even kill saints row :p

I hope WD2 is a major improvement to WD

• Zello likes this

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 30 April 2015 - 07:19 PM

Hell, f*cking Ubisoft themselves were marketing the game to take on GTA. That alone raised hype. I mean, if Hideo Kojima think he cannot beat GTA, and Ubisoft is taking a shot, you may think that they're taking it seriously.

Watch Dogs really had the potential to give GTA a huge strike. But I doubt Ubisoft worked 5 years on the game, as they said. Everything, from graphics, to animations, to mechanics was downgraded. Even the shooting, which I kinda enjoyed, was pretty weird at times. It just didn't feel solid. Either damage was completely f*cked (I remember shooting a pedestrian with a silenced 1911 in the leg and she died in one shot), or you just didn't feel it when you shot the enemy.

While I understand if there are people who loved the game from start to finish, and consider it a really great game, it was the most dissapointing game I ever had to experience. The marketing and first glances of gameplay were superb; a fresh world, controlled by technology, and it really looked the part.

Unfortunately, it was pissed on by probably everyone who was working on it. Even the guy who was answering questions on twitter before release was a guy I could respect. But now, I think he should go f*ck himself. It was simple PR bullsh*t "no no, there's no downgrade".

To put an end to my rant, what really, really f*cked with my anger was the PC version. No matter how bad your game is, if you do stick to what you say, you may actually get some respect. 

Watch Dogs was marketed to be a game strongly made for PC, with the console versions being a second priority. Meanwhile, the PC version has one of the most atrocious optimizations to ever grace the gaming industry. To kick things up, I remember when some guys found the line 'It's PC, who cares' in the code of the game. The second I found that out I lost my faith. At least I knew it was going to end up as a failure. But how about one more level up? The downgrade was 100% confirmed (if you even had doubts before) by a modder who found a sh*tload of unused files, that had very little performance drops if used by the game. Meanwhile, a PR guy a Ubisoft, who was reacting to the event, has denied the downgrade.

In the end, the game was fun, but it barely warranted a playthrough if anything. Everything about it smells average.

• Failure, torresno9, Niobium and 5 others like this

Mojave Courier
  • Mojave Courier

Let's Drop the Beat!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 April 2015 - 07:55 PM

I hope that any gameplay shown at E3 is gonna be like the actual game, but you know Ubisoft...

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 30 April 2015 - 07:56 PM

I hope that any gameplay shown at E3 is gonna be like the actual game, but you know Ubisoft...

I wouldn't be surprised if the gameplay is actually a live action recreation of the actual gameplay. Millions will be awed, followed by disappointment.

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 30 April 2015 - 08:00 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if the gameplay is actually a live action recreation of the actual gameplay. Millions will be awed, followed by disappointment.

You can count me out :^:

Mista J
  • Mista J

I can't wait to show you my toys...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2015 - 08:11 PM Edited by .JokeR, 30 April 2015 - 08:12 PM.

They had balls, I give them that.
1379435636-watch-dogs-ad.jpg
Then it was delayed.
  • Tomasak, ΣΓ, Heists and 2 others like this

Mojave Courier
  • Mojave Courier

Let's Drop the Beat!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 April 2015 - 08:26 PM Edited by Epic., 30 April 2015 - 08:31 PM.

They had balls, I give them that.
1379435636-watch-dogs-ad.jpg
Then it was delayed.

Did they even do that?

Or was it fan made?

Edit: Holy sh*t they did, wow. More like 6 months though.

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None
  • Most Missed 2016
    [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Unedited
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:12 PM Edited by CrysisAverted, 30 April 2015 - 09:13 PM.

So considering they stated they don't give a f*ck about optimizing the game because you can always go out and "upgrade" your gpu, how many Titan X's will I need to run this?

Dottie
  • Dottie

TH_DT

• Facade Corporation
  • NATO

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:42 PM Edited by Winning001, 30 April 2015 - 09:42 PM.

Watch Dogs really had the potential to give GTA a huge strike. But I doubt Ubisoft worked 5 years on the game, as they said. Everything, from graphics, to animations, to mechanics was downgraded. Even the shooting, which I kinda enjoyed, was pretty weird at times. It just didn't feel solid. Either damage was completely f*cked (I remember shooting a pedestrian with a silenced 1911 in the leg and she died in one shot), or you just didn't feel it when you shot the enemy.

The problem with the Supressed weapons was that their velocities were very slow (way too slow compared to RL) and their velocities dropped way too fast causing this sort of "lag" when hitting targets past 30m or so. 

• Th3MaN1 likes this

SpooferJahk
  • SpooferJahk

*insert title here*

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D]

Posted 30 April 2015 - 10:14 PM

Here's to hoping Watch Dogs 2 is a massive improvement over the original, not going to lie Watch Dogs was very disappointing but not based on the hype Ubisoft put out though. It was disappointing because of the pretty good concept wasted on yet another Ubisoft ™ open world game, which is a shame since that formula is really stale at this point.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Fascist, Loofa-faced s**t-gibbon.

• Members
  • Norfolk-Island

Posted 30 April 2015 - 10:48 PM

lol. This cant even kill saints row :p

I hope WD2 is a major improvement to WD

From what I've seen and played, it actually can.

Saints Row for me is the lowest and the worst open world game.

ClaudX
  • ClaudX

Keep singing.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Total Overhaul 2016 [Shine o' Vice] [Contribution]
    Contribution Award [Concepts]
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 30 April 2015 - 11:09 PM

I'm a bit intrigued. I'm not excited, but a little interested in seeing what they have in store. Ubisoft knows how poorly Watch_Dogs was received, so they have to step it up in the sequel. I hope they set it in another setting because Chicago was bland. It mixed it up with Pawnee, but not enough. They need a more diverse setting. I also hope they don't make another Aiden. We need an interesting protagonist. Ubisoft can make those, as Assassin's Creed has some. I'll be staying up to date with new info, for sure.

• Tigereyesxx likes this

Mista J
  • Mista J

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 May 2015 - 12:18 AM

If the jump from Watch Dogs to Watch Dogs 2 is as big as AC to AC2 I'll gladly buy it.
  • FroudeyBrand likes this

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None
  • Most Missed 2016
    [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Unedited
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 01 May 2015 - 01:49 AM

So what city will Watch Dogs 2 be in?

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 May 2015 - 01:59 AM

Present day NY sounds good.

ClaudX
  • ClaudX

Keep singing.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Total Overhaul 2016 [Shine o' Vice] [Contribution]
    Contribution Award [Concepts]
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 01 May 2015 - 02:26 AM

I hope not. Chicago was a new setting for the open-world genre. There's no way that Ubisoft would visit New York, which is trite at this point. Plus, they know that they would get bashed for doing the same city as IV was set in., only they probably wouldn't get the atmosphere correct. I'm hoping for a setting that hasn't been done, as Watch_Dogs has that going for itself. A unique setting like New Orleans would be interesting to see. Ubisoft should take advantage of settings that haven't been touched by other developers.

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 May 2015 - 02:45 AM Edited by Zello, 01 May 2015 - 02:57 AM.

I hope not. Chicago was a new setting for the open-world genre. There's no way that Ubisoft would visit New York, which is trite at this point. Plus, they know that they would get bashed for doing the same city as IV was set in., only they probably wouldn't get the atmosphere correct. I'm hoping for a setting that hasn't been done, as Watch_Dogs has that going for itself. A unique setting like New Orleans would be interesting to see. Ubisoft should take advantage of settings that haven't been touched by other developers.

They should try San Francisco or Seattle next or maybe try Detroit. Both Seattle and San Francisco are major tech cities and home to a lot of tech companies neither have had good games set there. NYC really has been overused a lot and since it's Ubisoft they might find someway to f*ck it up. Detroit hasn't been in a video game yet xD

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 May 2015 - 03:08 AM

They should try San Francisco or Seattle next or maybe try Detroit. Both Seattle and San Francisco are major tech cities and home to a lot of tech companies neither have had good games set there. NYC really has been overused a lot and since it's Ubisoft they might find someway to f*ck it up. Detroit hasn't been in a video game yet xD

Guess I was being bias, me being from NY and all.

You just gotta have NY as a location when doing open world games. All that aside, London or Paris seem like suitable places aswell.

Mista J
  • Mista J

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:12 AM

Munich, they say it's the safest place to live. You can bet there's cameras everywhere.

SpooferJahk
  • SpooferJahk

*insert title here*

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D]

Posted 01 May 2015 - 07:31 AM

As a guy from the Pacific Northwest, Seattle would be perfect for a Watch Dogs sequel. 

• Zello likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users