Enhanced Native Trainer

V Released V WIP
2,541 replies to this topic
Zemanez
  • Zemanez

Certified Code Wizard!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Zemanez, 2 weeks ago.

I apologize if this has been answered, but I couldn't find an answer on Google and didn't want to sift through the posts.

My game crashes constantly with this mod. I have no idea why, and I can't get it to stop. Anyone have any ideas? It usually crashes within about 30 minutes or so, and tends to be random about what causes it, can't easily duplicate it.

Is there something messed up in my game files maybe or did I do something wrong with installing the mod? I placed everything in ENT in my main directory, and I didn't see any errors in the log files.

It's also the only mod I have installed. No ragehook or anything.

Any ideas?

Error I get is a sys pure error and it just says "Game Error, please reboot the game." I can only imagine it comes from script hook or native trainer.

Are you using any options from the 'World / Area Effects' menu?

No. None of those options are checked. Btw, the correct error I'm getting is:

err_sys_pure

Please reboot and restart the game

EDIT: Also, I am using a controller. I heard that there some issues with a controller regarding the enhanced native trainer. I haven't tried it without a controller yet.

ALSO ALSO, I found the launcher.log file that gave me the error. This is all it says.

Spoiler

It's definitely a game error and not an ENT error from the looks of it. From what I can tell, it's trying to open a game file (could be an .rpf file) and either fails to find it or it's corrupted. ENT does search through your update.rpf file for the car preview images (and the other GUI elements like the top bar, font and check boxes) so it could be trying to 'request' those and crashing when it can't find them. 

Are you emulating a controller (i.e DS4Windows emulates a PS4 controller into an Xbox one to be used in-game) or using it natively? 

In the past my game used to crash due to the double-emulation going on (used a PS4 controller emulated through DS4 Windows which used to crash the game after ~30 minutes as well because ENT uses Xinput to emulate a 360 pad into a something the game can understand without using Keyboard-like binds). 

One thing you can try is repairing the install and removing all game mods to see if that helps. Alternatively, you could try and use ENT without a controller to help narrow down any issues with that. 

I'm using an Xbox 360 Afterglow controller plugged in USB to my computer.

I downloaded the game from Amazon, so I have to redownload the game to run the repair installation. D:

I'm assuming it's the social club version since you downloaded it through amazon. 

Create a shortcut for GTAVlauncher.exe if you haven't already, right click the shortcut and click on "Properties". Add: -verify after the speech marks in the "Target" box and next time you launch the game, it'll start verifying + repairing your install. 

It should look like:

Target: "[path-to-GTAVLauncher.exe]" - verify

Remember to remove the "-verify" string after you're done otherwise it'll verify every time you launch the game.

daguy1234
  • daguy1234

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

The verify option is doing nothing. I repaired the installation, and haven't tested it yet with or without the controller. I'll do that when I can and come back with an update. Thanks for your help!

daguy1234
  • daguy1234

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

The verify option is doing nothing. I repaired the installation, and haven't tested it yet with or without the controller. I'll do that when I can and come back with an update. Thanks for your help!

I usually fool with the gravity gun mod, and after about 15-20 minutes of that, I pulled out one of the automatic rifles and started shooting around, and shortly after that the game crashed.

I'm using the cheats invincibility, fast run/swim, super jump, unlimited ammo, no reloading, noiseless, freeze wanted level, and police ignore you all at once. Can anyone test and see if they experience game crashes?

Zemanez
  • Zemanez

Certified Code Wizard!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Zemanez, 2 weeks ago.

I usually fool with the gravity gun mod, and after about 15-20 minutes of that, I pulled out one of the automatic rifles and started shooting around, and shortly after that the game crashed.

I'm using the cheats invincibility, fast run/swim, super jump, unlimited ammo, no reloading, noiseless, freeze wanted level, and police ignore you all at once. Can anyone test and see if they experience game crashes?

It might be the gravity gun mod as that "scans" for props and peds nearby to pick up when you use the gun sights but it only pulls in peds/entities when the stun gun is equipped so it might be running the scans in the background which ends up crashing the game. 

Seeing if it crashes without the controller would help though. I've never really had my game crash with the Grav Gun option enabled (although I disable it when I'm finished) so it could be that and a problem with the controller. 

daguy1234
  • daguy1234

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

It might be the gravity gun mod as that "scans" for props and peds nearby to pick up when you use the gun sights but it only pulls in peds/entities when the stun gun is equipped so it might be running the scans in the background which ends up crashing the game. 

Seeing if it crashes without the controller would help though. I've never really had my game crash with the Grav Gun option enabled (although I disable it when I'm finished) so it could be that and a problem with the controller. 

It does crash without the controller.

Slash_Alex
  • Slash_Alex

Snitch

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 2 weeks ago

Listen, the simplest way is to disable all ENT settings by either removing (temporarily) the 'end.db' file (quit the game, press Windows key + R -> Type: %appdata% -> 'GTAV Enhanced Native Trainer' folder), or through the ENT main menu (Reset All Settings). Try to play with all settings disabled.

daguy1234
  • daguy1234

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by daguy1234, 2 weeks ago.

Listen, the simplest way is to disable all ENT settings by either removing (temporarily) the 'end.db' file (quit the game, press Windows key + R -> Type: %appdata% -> 'GTAV Enhanced Native Trainer' folder), or through the ENT main menu (Reset All Settings). Try to play with all settings disabled.

I'll play with settings disabled and see what happens. But in the end, something's causing the game to crash, and it doesn't crash without the ENT, so I think it's something with that, as it's too consistent to be anything else.

EDIT: So, I believe it's the gravity gun that causes the crash. I played consecutively for about an hour with no crashes, enabled the gravity gun, and it crashed a short time later. It wasn't immediate, but it seems to be the consistent factor between the crashes. I slowly enabled other cheats and had no issues until the gravity gun.

daguy1234
  • daguy1234

Player Hater

• Members

Posted A week ago

Upon further experimenting, I believe the issue lies somewhere with using the gravity gun mode along with no reload and unlimited ammo. I played for a while with only the gravity gun enabled and no crashes, but using those three caused a crash.

Slash_Alex
  • Slash_Alex

Snitch

• Members
  • Italy

Posted A week ago Edited by Slash_Alex, A week ago.

Upon further experimenting, I believe the issue lies somewhere with using the gravity gun mode along with no reload and unlimited ammo. I played for a while with only the gravity gun enabled and no crashes, but using those three caused a crash.

I have also conducted an experiment but couldn't verify your suspicions. I've enabled all these three options and still couldn't make my game to crash even after an hour of playing. 

daguy1234
  • daguy1234

Player Hater

• Members

Posted A week ago Edited by daguy1234, A week ago.

I have also conducted an experiment but couldn't verify your suspicions. I've enabled all these three options and still couldn't make my game to crash even after an hour of playing. 

I reopened my game to verify what cheats I had enabled, and I guess I forgot to disable invincible, fast run/swim, and super jump, as those were enabled when I reopened the game. It gives me the same error every time the game crashes though. ERR_SYS_PURE.

Zemanez
  • Zemanez

Certified Code Wizard!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

I reopened my game to verify what cheats I had enabled, and I guess I forgot to disable invincible, fast run/swim, and super jump, as those were enabled when I reopened the game. It gives me the same error every time the game crashes though. ERR_SYS_PURE.

Thanks for the help debugging. 

I did some searching for ERR_SYS_PURE and you're not the only one affected. It was happening without mods installed for them though but in 1 person's case - it was due to their CPU overheating so could be a red herring. 

I really don't know what's happening here. I've never had that crash before, so can't really say how you'd be able to fix it I'm afraid. 

daguy1234
  • daguy1234

Player Hater

• Members

I did some searching for ERR_SYS_PURE and you're not the only one affected. It was happening without mods installed for them though but in 1 person's case - it was due to their CPU overheating so could be a red herring. 

I really don't know what's happening here. I've never had that crash before, so can't really say how you'd be able to fix it I'm afraid. 

I removed the ASI loader and all of the native trainer files and played for a while flawlessly. So something with the mod is causing this.

Do you have any software I can run on my computer while playing with the ENT that can trace what's doing what and when and create a log file as it happens so I can try and trace it? I'd like to be able to find a common thread between the crashes, or send them to you since you know programming.

CrimsonDouche
  • CrimsonDouche

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

A bit of a noob question but every time i spawn in gunrunning vehicles and smugglers run  vehicles only spawn for a couple of seconds then they disappear. Am i doing anything wrong

Is your game up-to-date (1080.2)? Try to enable the 'Disable Despawn of DLC vehicles' option under the 'Vehicles' menu.

Thanks for that helped alot

Zemanez
  • Zemanez

Certified Code Wizard!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago Edited by Zemanez, A week ago.

I removed the ASI loader and all of the native trainer files and played for a while flawlessly. So something with the mod is causing this.

Do you have any software I can run on my computer while playing with the ENT that can trace what's doing what and when and create a log file as it happens so I can try and trace it? I'd like to be able to find a common thread between the crashes, or send them to you since you know programming.

I would have suggested attaching a debugger (Visual Studio has a pretty good one if you have that installed) to GTA while ENT has loaded (an asi is just a DLL with a different extension so you can debug it like you would a DLL file) but I'm not sure if that'll help as your game is crashing, not ENT itself. It'll tell you what ENT is doing at the time though. I can give you the .pdb symbols if required (VS may require it as you won't have the source code).

ENT also creates a crash dump if it crashes which would have been useful but it won't create a dump file if the game crashes, only if ENT or the scripthook crashes which is a pain. 

If you want to go down the Debugger route (which should give you more info as it happens):

• Create a file in your GTA directory and call it "ScriptHookV.dev". This'll allow you to press CTRL + R to unload/reload asi files as you play (some mods don't support this to prevent debugging so your game may crash if a mod like that has been loaded (Menyoo for example)). 
  • Launch GTA and load up your save game (your game will crash if you attempt to attach a debugger during the loading screen or within the first ~30 seconds when your save loads).
  • Launch your debugger (I use Visual Studio as it does what I need) and attach to GTA5.exe.
  • Go back to GTA (unpause if you need to), walk around a bit and press CTRL + R to unload ENT and CTRL + R again after a few seconds to reload ENT.
  • Your debugger should see ENT has attached to GTA and will start logging what ENT's doing at the time (such as unpacking vehicle preview images etc). 
  • Just play until your game crashes and your debugger should tell you what the last thing it was doing (in visual studio that should be under the "output" tab). 

If you see something like "cannot find symbols for Enhanced Native Trainer" (a .pdb file), I can give you them as it'll be easier to debug (it'll tell you function names etc instead of things like "function01 or var02 etc). The .pdb file should be alongside ENT in your GTA folder for your debugger to find it. 

If you have an error like "broke on breakpoint" I can give you a recompiled version of ENT which should stop that (there's no breakpoints set in ENT but for some reason it still gives me them occasionally). 

Hopefully that'll help narrow down what's happening. 

daguy1234
  • daguy1234

Player Hater

• Members

Alright. I'm currently installing Doom from steam, so once that gets finished I'll download and install VS and see what happens. When you say "attach it to ____" is there a command I need to type in VS to do that? Or is that something I can quickly google how to do? I'm not a developer. I learned some code a looooong time ago, but nothing that would help me now (even if I could remember it).

daguy1234
  • daguy1234

Player Hater

• Members

Hello. Here's the first crash I got.

Spoiler

Are there any commands I can use to say "log everything" so it just shows me everything that's going on while it runs? I had all these cheats enabled and gravity gun out.

Cheats enabled were no reload, infinite ammo, fast run, fast swim, noiseless, invincible, unlimited ability, and super jump. Add or remove cash was at $100,000. World options had all the defaults selected. Random Cops, peds, trains, garbage trucks, boats, and restricted zones. Reset player model on death was selected.

That's what I had checked in the trainer, and no crashes happened the other day after a few hours of playing without the trainer, and this crash happened within 30 minutes.

Gonna run the game again with same stuff and see what happens.

EDIT: Crash #2

Spoiler

I also grabbed this screenshot of something it was telling me to do.
Spoiler

Zemanez
  • Zemanez

Certified Code Wizard!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago Edited by Zemanez, A week ago.

Hello. Here's the first crash I got.

Spoiler

Are there any commands I can use to say "log everything" so it just shows me everything that's going on while it runs? I had all these cheats enabled and gravity gun out.

Cheats enabled were no reload, infinite ammo, fast run, fast swim, noiseless, invincible, unlimited ability, and super jump. Add or remove cash was at $100,000. World options had all the defaults selected. Random Cops, peds, trains, garbage trucks, boats, and restricted zones. Reset player model on death was selected.

That's what I had checked in the trainer, and no crashes happened the other day after a few hours of playing without the trainer, and this crash happened within 30 minutes.

Gonna run the game again with same stuff and see what happens.

EDIT: Crash #2

Spoiler

I also grabbed this screenshot of something it was telling me to do.
Spoiler

I'm not actually sure if there's a log all command. Closest I could get VS to do was just to print out what each thread is doing (which is what's happening at the moment). 

It looks like ENT's trying to write something to memory but when it tries - the handle to GTA itself is invalid, so when it tries to write something it can't because it doesn't know where to write anything too (that's the 0x00... string). This could be scripthook related as it should deal with handles into the game etc. As far as I understand, ENT doesn't do anything with Handles. It's just given one and executes. 

I can't quite tell what's happening here. The thread responsible for unpacking the vehicle preview images exits fine (code 0) but I can't understand why there's so many threads exiting at once in a block before it tries to write something - then crashes. I know the scripthook creates a thread pool and allocates mods a thread each so it could be that (scripthook crashes, then the game crashes due to ENT being left stranded as it were).

Sorry I can't be much help. I'm as confused as you are with this. Arewenotmen would be a better person to ask as he'll know more about how ENT works than I do. 

daguy1234
  • daguy1234

Player Hater

• Members

Should I PM them to give my help with debugging? I feel like I'm spamming this thread. Is there a discord I could get access to for help, or is it solely for those working on it?

EDIT: I just sent them a message. I'll do it from there for a while.

Zemanez
  • Zemanez

Certified Code Wizard!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

Should I PM them to give my help with debugging? I feel like I'm spamming this thread. Is there a discord I could get access to for help, or is it solely for those working on it?

Nah you're not spamming the thread. It may help others with the same problem. 

No discord at the moment sadly (although one would be useful) since I'm the only person (at the moment) working on ENT in my free time (Asdf is taking a break and none of the old ENT team have made any recent changes). 

Hope you get find out what's happening though. It's a real pain having to work around crashes etc. 

daguy1234
  • daguy1234

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 6 days ago

No discord at the moment sadly (although one would be useful) since I'm the only person (at the moment) working on ENT in my free time (Asdf is taking a break and none of the old ENT team have made any recent changes). 

Hope you get find out what's happening though. It's a real pain having to work around crashes etc. 

Do you have any contact info for anyone? I thought I'd found arewenotmen on Twitter as I found one who was a programmer under the same name, but it turns out it wasn't them.

Zemanez
  • Zemanez

Certified Code Wizard!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 6 days ago

Do you have any contact info for anyone? I thought I'd found arewenotmen on Twitter as I found one who was a programmer under the same name, but it turns out it wasn't them.

I don't I'm afraid. I've put your post into the main Git issue tracker and tagged some of the old ENT devs I know are still around, so hopefully they'll have some time to help you. 

daguy1234
  • daguy1234

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 3 days ago

I don't I'm afraid. I've put your post into the main Git issue tracker and tagged some of the old ENT devs I know are still around, so hopefully they'll have some time to help you. 

Alright. Thanks.

Please message me when you have more info. I might forget to check the thread.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users