I have never finished [insert game] because

365 replies to this topic
Skeever
  • Skeever

Blue Lives Matter

• Members
  • United-States
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 24 April 2015 - 01:13 AM Edited by WinkingSkeever6, 25 April 2015 - 10:34 PM.

I never finished Dead Space 2 due to a game-breaking glitch. I was on either chapter 12 or 13 (don't remember which), and I had to grab some object in a room in order to unlock a door. Problem was, the object wasn't there. I checked Playthroughs on YouTube that did show it as being there, but it just wasn't there on my game, so I finally gave up on the game after several frustrating hours of looking around.

I never finished Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Battlefield 4 or Watch Dogs because the stories just weren't appealing to me, no matter how hard I tried to like them.

There's probably other games that I can't think of at the moment, but these four came to mind.

Edit: You can add Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel to the above list. Just played that last night (it's free on Xbox at the moment), and promptly deleted it after an hour. Two-dimensional protagonists, heavy lack of weapons and weapon customization options, the appearance, voice and personality changes made to Rios and Salem since the last two games, an invincibility ability that can be toggled on at almost any time...  the developers must've been smoking some heavy sh*t when they made that game.

GN 1992
  • GN 1992

aka gnad.1992

• GTAF Crew
  • Brazil
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 24 April 2015 - 01:17 AM

I have never finished Far Cry 4, because I got a Far Cry 3 dejavu and it got boring after 4 missions.

They used all the same f*cking things in it. 

WHAT THE f*ck WERE THINKING UBISOFT?

YOU THINK THIS IS WATCH DOG?

You CAN'T ruin Far Cry, you f*ckers. The 1st game was unique, so was the 2nd and the 3rd. FC4 is like FC3 + himalayas. F*ck you c*nts.

• reiniat likes this

Verdant
  • Verdant

Boomshine Blowout

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 April 2015 - 02:18 AM

I have never finished Duke Nukem: Forever because it was disappointing and I got bored quickly. It just wasn't for me. The 2001 E3 trailer looked so badass, damn.

I have never finished Red Faction: Guerrilla. Not too sure why honestly, I think I just lost interest. I might get around to it again soon. 

That's all I can think of right now.

Gold-NBayse
  • Gold-NBayse

player

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 April 2015 - 03:16 AM

I never finished GTA III because I was playing on a smart phone and touch screen controls are horrible.

Jolly Swagman
  • Jolly Swagman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None
  • Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:41 AM Edited by Jolly Swagman, 24 April 2015 - 06:41 AM.

I have never finished Bioshock Infinite because it got so damn boring & repetitive after a while. Graphics were great though.
!

You should probably finish it or at least watch the ending on YouTube. The ending was way better than the gameplay for that game.

OT: I'm hopeless. I've probably bought more games that I haven't even started than ones I've finished.

Shaundi.
  • Shaundi.

Synth City

• Daily Globe
  • None

Posted 24 April 2015 - 07:07 AM

I haven't finished Just Cause 2 yet because I spend too much time zip lining onto aircraft and the map is just so huge lol.
  • CrysisAverted likes this

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 24 April 2015 - 08:32 AM

I never finished Sleeping Dogs because that's how the game made me feel. Asleep.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 24 April 2015 - 08:50 AM Edited by Fireman, 24 April 2015 - 08:51 AM.

I never finished Fallout: NV because of mods.

I never finished Skyrim because of mods.

I never finished RDR, because of gameplay become stale and certain parts of the game became more annoying than entertaining.

I never finished GTA IV, because Niko Bellic was an awfully bland stereotypical character (but not in a fun way like CJ was) with an uninteresting story.

I never finished Prototype, because it was Spiderman.

I never finished KotOR 2, I have no idea why because I love the game, maybe because combat became too easy once you got most of your abilities unlocked.

I never finished any strategy games, because SKIRMISH.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 24 April 2015 - 08:56 AM Edited by Fireman, 24 April 2015 - 08:56 AM.

I have never finished Rage because my disc broke. Probably wouldn't have finished the game anyway because I forced myself half through the game while I didn't like it.

I forgot that game completely, it was that bad, I played it for maybe 20 minutes, how could you even play it for that long? The gamer God saved you by breaking that disc.

Mojave Courier
  • Mojave Courier

gregg rulz ok

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:32 AM

I never finished GTA III, because I got stuck on the last mission aswell as the disc getting scratched :(

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None
  • Most Missed 2016
    [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Unedited
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:41 AM

I haven't finished Portal cuz I got stuck on puzzle 1

Turan
  • Turan

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 April 2015 - 01:00 PM Edited by Turan, 24 April 2015 - 01:01 PM.

Assassin's Creed Unity because the damn game won't run properly even in 720p on low settings. Couldn't take more of that sub-20 FPS after 2 hours. 

Dragon Age Inquistion because the combat is very, very boring. Stopped after 7 hours or so. 

Dead Space because f*ck those anti-gravity levels.

Other than that I finish my games or am in the process of doing so.

Z i X
  • Z i X

Bottom Text

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 24 April 2015 - 01:11 PM

I've never finished GTA V cuz' I can't play it on my PC
I've never finished Sonic Adventure 2 because of the stage - MAD SPACE!!!

Kohr-Ah
  • Kohr-Ah

The Wanderer

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:29 PM Edited by Joekill95, 24 April 2015 - 04:30 PM.

Never finished Star Control 2 because there's just too much stuff to keep track of manually.

Never finished Defiance because it's a sh*tty game.

Never finished Dead Island because...meh. It got pretty boring.

Never finished Witcher 2 for the same reason above.

BARELY finished Oblivion. I can't force myself to go back and play it because all the caves/dungeons are auto-generated piles of trash. I swear, half the damn game is just trying to find your way around a dungeon that has the SAME GODDAMN SETUP as the last one you encountered but with different turns. Eugh...

There's more but they fall in line with the Dead Island/Witcher 2 reasoning.

J Cobra
  • J Cobra

The truth hurts

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 24 April 2015 - 07:25 PM

I have never finished Bioshock for the same reasons.

I have never finished an Assassin's Creed game for the same reasons too.

I have never finished The walking dead survival instinct, because it was so boring and glitchy.

I have never finished Max payne 3 because it broke.

There are plenty more, but I don't what to get into so much details.

I have never finished Arkham Knight, because it bored me.

No one has, considering the game isn't out yet.

As far as I go, I never finished Final Fantasy IV, because the last boss seemed f*cking invincible.

I think he meant Arkham Orgins, or Arkkam City.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

The Infidel

• Members
  • South-Korea

Posted 24 April 2015 - 08:04 PM Edited by Street Mix, 11 August 2016 - 09:02 PM.

Mad Riders (PC) - It's a Nail'd clone, less fun and more repetitive. Stopped after 3 levels.

Driver 2 (PS) - it's hard. Stopped at last mission in Havana and "played" the rest on YouTube.

Dirty Hairy
  • Dirty Hairy

Brew of the month: Brooklyn Brewery Brown Ale

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 24 April 2015 - 08:07 PM

I have never finished FF12 because I got to this point where i was seriously under leveled and I really didn't feel like going back to an earlier area and grinding. 

Maxxi
  • Maxxi

Guardian of the Light

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • United-States

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:21 AM

I never finished Halo 3: ODST because my game glitches out giving me invincible hunters for enemies I had to kill to progress.

I never finished Black Ops 2 because, again, another glitch that prevented me from moving forward.

Ridd
  • Ridd

One of the Rotten Ones

• Members
  • Iceland

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:13 PM

Everytime I try to play Mass Effect I just get too bored to continue. I've tried probably 4 times to play it, but I just have no desire.

For some reason, I always get really close to the end of Doom 2, but just always forget to continue. So I start again, and the same thing happens. This has happened to me like 3 times.

• vengeancehawk likes this

.Emmi
  • .Emmi

Homie

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:17 PM

I have never finished GTA V (at least not until I have a PC ready) because the game is unplayable on consoles (PS3).

LiangHuBBB
  • LiangHuBBB

Playa

• Members

Posted 30 April 2015 - 04:55 AM

I never finished Demon Souls because it was too hard
I never finished Grid 2 story because I didn't like the way those cars controlled

I never finished KKND2 because lost the install key when my old PC broke

I never finished Remember Me because of that one boss ( 42 tries still never beat her -.- )

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None
  • Best Poster [Gaming] 2016
    Best Poster [Gaming] 2015
    Best Poster [Gaming] 2014

Posted 30 April 2015 - 07:12 AM

I don't think there is any modern games I haven't finished.

The only ones that spring to mind are some of the early Far Cry games such as Instincts Predator, once the game became too much about mutated sh*t it really puts me off. Gave up after that sh*t happens.

All else I can think of was 'Exit' on XBLA, I got really far but some of the later levels were too difficult to figure out the puzzles once they introduced robots and lazers and sh*t and I never went back.

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 02 May 2015 - 01:59 PM

I rarely finished any game I played, because it was too much hassle getting to 100%. The only one in the last couple of years I have completed is GTA IV.

• jeanrjm likes this

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania
  • Contribution Award [Chain Game]
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 02 May 2015 - 02:11 PM

I rarely finished any game I played, because it was too much hassle getting to 100%. The only one in the last couple of years I have completed is GTA IV.

Finishing a game doesn't mean going 100% on the game, at least for not me.

When I get the credits, it means I finished the game. Collectables and stuff like that are side-activities, that may or may not be endorsed by the game.

Many open-world games want you to collect a bunch of stuff for that 100% completion. The best situation you get from collecting the specific objects may be a unlocking a small section of the game (Arkham City's Riddler comes to mind), maybe a few lines of dialogue, some bonus that gives you an easier time, or probably a cutscene.

After all, there's a reason they are called side-missions, collectables, or whatever.

• ClaudeSpeed1911 likes this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 02 May 2015 - 02:14 PM

Finishing a game doesn't mean going 100% on the game, at least for not me.

When I get the credits, it means I finished the game. Collectables and stuff like that are side-activities, that may or may not be endorsed by the game.

Many open-world games want you to collect a bunch of stuff for that 100% completion. The best situation you get from collecting the specific objects may be a unlocking a small section of the game (Arkham City's Riddler comes to mind), maybe a few lines of dialogue, some bonus that gives you an easier time, or probably a cutscene.

After all, there's a reason they are called side-missions, collectables, or whatever.

Probably bad wording on my part. The only game (in the last five years) I have done most of the side missions, and collectibles in was Red Dead Redemption. :)

• Th3MaN1 likes this

Real_Badgirl
  • Real_Badgirl

Thug

• Members

Posted 02 May 2015 - 05:52 PM

I never finished Bioshock Infinite because it was too repetitious, the shootouts are laughably easy, and it was just flat out boring compared to Bioshock 1 and 2.

I never finished Resident Evil 0 because I found it dull and tedious. I'm a fan of both old school and new school Resident Evil, but I lost all interest in 0 once I got 3/4 through the game. Plus, the monsters are stupid instead of scary, which also knocks it down a few pegs.

knock2000
  • knock2000

Snitch

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 02 May 2015 - 06:04 PM

I never finished gta San Andreas because my game kept on breaking and my ps2 was acting weird

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2016
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 02 May 2015 - 08:12 PM

For the longest time I didn't finish Fallout New Vegas. It's fun, and then suddenly it feels like there's nothing to do, and you don't want to piss the wrong people off, and you go over the same areas a couple dozen times, and overpowered enemies spawn where you can't kill them unless you have an anti material rifle. It just becomes tedious.

I finally forced myself to finish it. And by finish, I mean I left a bunch of missions and just did the final one.
  • Mister Pink likes this

Lithium
  • Lithium

Deathdealer

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 03 May 2015 - 03:11 AM

I never finished Bioshock 2 because it was a piece of garbage and I just lost interest, unlike the first game which I loved.

I also seemed to lose interest in Shadows of Mordor after I got stuck on a mission.

CannonRage
  • CannonRage

Ghetto Star

• The Precinct
  • None
  • Best W-J-F 2002-2016
    Poetry Master [All Time]

Posted 03 May 2015 - 09:34 AM

I have never finished Leisure Sweet Larry 8 because I never started playing it.

• Daz and Mister Pink like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users