6,578 replies to this topic
rollschuh2282
  • rollschuh2282

Grove street for life !!!

• Members
  • Germany
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 06 September 2017 - 04:57 PM

no, the Mods Folder is only for .rpf Mods (like car Mods) so you don't mess up the main files, and need to reinstall the game again when you break something.
so .asi for example needs to be at the main Folder, but the Mods Folder for the .rpf Mods.
oh, and for the mods Folder you need the openiv.asi to load the files inside of the Mods folder

I wasn't aware that I needed the openiv.asi file in my mod file directory. I assume this is true if I am using a Mod Manager, too?

Also, if I am not going online, does it hurt me at all that all those mod files are in my main game directory?

I am honestly not sure where to even start to clean up all this mess with having a mod folder, mod manager, AND all those mod files in my main game directory.

openiv.asi is needed to load modified .rpf files, because openiv doesn't encrypt them not correctly, and the game then gives a error about corrupted files.
and when you don't know what you can delete or remove from you're Game Folder, Post a screenshot and I will try to help

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

GTA V = The Anti-Snore (IV) AKA The Snore Killer!

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 September 2017 - 05:17 PM

openiv.asi is needed to load modified .rpf files, because openiv doesn't encrypt them not correctly, and the game then gives a error about corrupted files.
and when you don't know what you can delete or remove from you're Game Folder, Post a screenshot and I will try to help

I have openiv installed and have only ever done light modding with it. Nothing advanced. Just used it for mods that required its use to edit various .rpf files and such.

Here is a screenshot. Do I even care that those files are in my V directory anyway?

GTA_V_directory.png

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful Modding 2016 [Runner-up]
    Best Vehicle 2016 [IVPack]
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 06 September 2017 - 05:19 PM

@ChiroVette
GTA V plugins do not support symbolic links.

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 September 2017 - 05:25 PM

@ChiroVette
GTA V plugins do not support symbolic links.

I have no idea what that means. Sorry.

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 06 September 2017 - 05:26 PM

Can't you just put ASI in the game directory instead of doing shortcuts?

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 September 2017 - 05:35 PM

Again, I still have no idea what that means? Shortcuts? Where do I find this "ASI" and how do I put it in my directory?

Focxzy
  • Focxzy

O.G. Str8 Ballin'

• New Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 06 September 2017 - 06:58 PM Edited by Focxzy, 06 September 2017 - 07:01 PM.

Again, I still have no idea what that means? Shortcuts? Where do I find this "ASI" and how do I put it in my directory?

He means that the 'script' folder is a shortcut to a different location (see the littler arrow-box on the icon), which can not be read. Right click that scripts folder to see where that is physically located and move that the the root (where the shortcut currently is) And the .asi files are the executable files for scripts, often paired with .ini files for the appropriate configuration. You can place these in the root folder (where the game launcher is located)

EDIT: Only now I actually see it's not just the scripts folder, all your scripts files are shortcuts, means your not actually moving the files to the root, you're just making links in the root to what I assume would be your downloads folder. Just note: if you press alt, and drag a file to a different folder/location, it will create a link for it instead of move it. Maybe that's what you've been doing.

I have a problem myself too though. Since the new scripthook my ragehook doesn't stop loading after loading in all the assets and plugins. It doesn't crash, but it doesn't finish loading. Anybody got a clue if this could be caused by scripthook?

xDL7
  • xDL7

Player Hater

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia

Posted 07 September 2017 - 06:55 AM

My game crashes with the new scripthookv and dinput.

Same here

f1Jnhml.jpg

same here too. when I entered story mode the game crashes ( stop working  :cry: ) first time happens! it is because of the new script hook v there is something wrong with it. I hope Alex solves this problem as soon as possible. thanks everyone. :inlove:

rollschuh2282
  • rollschuh2282

Grove street for life !!!

• Members
  • Germany
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 07 September 2017 - 07:10 AM

Same here

f1Jnhml.jpg

same here too. when I entered story mode the game crashes ( stop working  :cry: ) first time happens! it is because of the new script hook v there is something wrong with it. I hope Alex solves this problem as soon as possible. thanks everyone. :inlove:

did you updated you´re update.rpf in the mods folder?

xDL7
  • xDL7

Player Hater

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia

Posted 07 September 2017 - 07:48 AM

I updated the hole game from steam to 1.0.1180.2

xDL7
  • xDL7

Player Hater

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia

Posted 07 September 2017 - 08:07 AM

Same here

f1Jnhml.jpg

oh my god! dude I just opened open iv and copied update.rpf from GTA V main folder/update to mods/update and the game works fine! thank you so much dude I love you :colgate:  :cry:

xDL7
  • xDL7

Player Hater

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia

Posted 07 September 2017 - 08:59 AM

Same here

f1Jnhml.jpg

after updating update.rpf the game works fine except one thing when I do it the game crashes! it is when I try to enter a car the game crashes. please if you know the solution tell me. thanks  :yawn:

Slash_Alex
  • Slash_Alex

Snitch

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 07 September 2017 - 09:28 AM Edited by Slash_Alex, 08 September 2017 - 09:10 AM.

Same here

after updating update.rpf the game works fine except one thing when I do it the game crashes! it is when I try to enter a car the game crashes. please if you know the solution tell me. thanks  :yawn:

You must also update your Scriphook Dot Net: https://github.com/c...dotnet/releases

EDIT: btw, are you also using the 'Ground Vehicle Effects' mod? If you are you should update it. It could be a reason why your game crashes.

north9999
  • north9999

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Thailand

Posted 08 September 2017 - 02:53 AM

Hi, I have got the same problem here could you please give me the information about how to solve this problem please?

Hi Alexander, whenever is start the autopilot of my VAutodrive mods the game crashes with "Can't find native 0x80E4A6EDDB0BE8D9".

That is because 0x80E4A6EDDB0BE8D9 (LOAD_ALL_PATH_NODES) has been removed in b1180.
Thank you. :)
I removed the call to this function and taddaa the autopilot works as well. *shrugs*

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 September 2017 - 03:53 AM

I have to admit. Smuggler's Run really nuked modding for me. I am starting to think I have to roll back (since my mods are more original than the smugglers run update).

-60 to 70 percent of the time, GTA V crashes right after the intro videos.

-The FPS are just awful (without mods, FPS is fine).

• MrBellicLC likes this

Milafakwai
  • Milafakwai

Player Hater

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 12 September 2017 - 12:30 PM

Same here

f1Jnhml.jpg

I have the same problem

how i can solve this?

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 12 September 2017 - 12:55 PM

Remove update.rpf from mods folder and put a new one.

ChARCOOL
  • ChARCOOL

ChARCOOL

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 19 September 2017 - 11:10 AM Edited by ChARCOOL, 19 September 2017 - 11:12 AM.

Is there any new alternative to IS_PED_SHOOTING ?

because i can't get it work anymore please help me or if there is some good coder, modder it will be nice to share the signature of it thanks <3

Knight Racer
  • Knight Racer

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 September 2017 - 03:37 PM

Hi, I haven't played this game since December 2016. I had a virus that wiped my computer. I reformatted and decided to reinstall the game a few days ago. I installed open 4, grabed the newest version of scripthook and installed my favorite car. I can see the in game trainer so I know scripthook works partially. I can't get any of my game mods to run the scripts in the scripts folder. Is there any workaround for this?

Nedimar
  • Nedimar

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 23 September 2017 - 03:54 PM

Has this been updated yet? I tried installing Script Hook with the newest game version and it tells me it is out of date.

zanesix
  • zanesix

Stupid Malaka

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2017 - 05:44 PM Edited by zanesix, 23 September 2017 - 05:44 PM.

Yes, Scripthook has been updated for quite a while now.

Knight Racer
  • Knight Racer

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 24 September 2017 - 04:56 PM

Nedimar, people have been having the same issue since September 3rd. We're waiting for the scripthook to be updated to the point where we can use the scripts. Only thing that works with scripthook now is the trainer.

Nedimar
  • Nedimar

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 24 September 2017 - 06:29 PM

So today I tried to install scripthook again - and it worked. The only change I made to my system was updating the nvidia drivers. Weird.

It's now working as expected with the "Simple Native Trainer" and mpsmuggler.asi.

Slash_Alex
  • Slash_Alex

Snitch

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 25 September 2017 - 03:44 PM

Nedimar, people have been having the same issue since September 3rd. We're waiting for the scripthook to be updated to the point where we can use the scripts. Only thing that works with scripthook now is the trainer.

Don't know what you're talking about man. I don't have any problems with scripts. All the mods (scripts, etc.) i have still work fine.

Knight Racer
  • Knight Racer

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:16 PM

Are you using an older backrolled version of gta? If so that might be why your scripts work. I haven't played gta since December of 2016. I installed it and copied over the update to a mod folder. installed the cars, installed the trainer. put in a scripts folder to run my scripts and nothing works. I made sure the dinput.dll and scripthookV.dll were in the game's root directory. Only thing that seems to work is the trainer, that's all.

Slash_Alex
  • Slash_Alex

Snitch

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 26 September 2017 - 03:39 PM

Are you using an older backrolled version of gta? If so that might be why your scripts work. I haven't played gta since December of 2016. I installed it and copied over the update to a mod folder. installed the cars, installed the trainer. put in a scripts folder to run my scripts and nothing works. I made sure the dinput.dll and scripthookV.dll were in the game's root directory. Only thing that seems to work is the trainer, that's all.

Nope, i'm using a legal retail up-to-date version (1180.2). In order to make scripts to work you must also have the latest ScriptHookVDotNet installed ( https://github.com/c...dotnet/releases). Some scripts require the 'NativeUI.dll' file in the 'Scripts' folder, and i hope you have the 'LUA.asi' file in the GTA V root folder.

Knight Racer
  • Knight Racer

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 27 September 2017 - 11:54 PM

Slash_Alex, you totally rock!!!!! you fixed my mod scripts with the files you linked. I thought it was odd that I had scripthookv.dll but not the scripthookVdotnet  and the scripthookvdot.net 2.dll files. But somehow it fixed my problems. Thank you so very much for taking care of this issue for me.I'm going to go spread the word for your fix.

Remix1994PL
  • Remix1994PL

Maniac of Realism

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 02 October 2017 - 07:59 AM

@Alexander Blade

Hello, I have a question. September 3 was updated Script Hook V. But I noticed that Native Trainer has not been updated and does not have new DLC vehicles etc. Is there a chance to update Native Trainer with new vehicles? Regards

zanesix
  • zanesix

Stupid Malaka

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 October 2017 - 07:10 PM

wtf? Why do so many people still want to keep using the default trainer? There are much better more developed alternatives like Native Trainer and Menyoo. The default trainer was just used as a sample script for scripthook upon it's release, since there weren't very many scripts, let alone trainers early in it's life.

Is there something I'm missing here? Are people just unaware?

kagikn
  • kagikn

Ghillie

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 03 October 2017 - 01:34 AM Edited by kagikn, 03 October 2017 - 01:38 AM.

Don't expect Native Trailer to be updated, it's just a sample. And there are much better trailer practical use, just like Simple Trailer and Menyoo.
Besides, R* have a script to block spawning new DLC vehicles, and every update changes the global variable ID that determine if this feature is enabled. There is way to find the variable by memory patterns, but AB is unlikely to do (He told me the functions that get handle from pools use direct address, not memory patterns.)

80 user(s) are reading this topic

3 members, 77 guests, 0 anonymous users