Doc Rikowski
  • Doc Rikowski

First Generation Gamer

• Members
  • Mars
  • Best Gang 2013 - D1RTY12
    Best Event 2011 "Turf Wars"

Posted 24 April 2015 - 07:18 AM

Sometimes a drawing says more than a thousand words. ;)

1907442_10153321981869040_14553633136036

• Melchior and ClaudeSpeed1911 like this

Irviding
  • Irviding

he's going to get into the ring and put boots to asses

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:39 AM Edited by Irviding, 24 April 2015 - 09:39 AM.

Sometimes a drawing says more than a thousand words. ;)

1907442_10153321981869040_14553633136036

It's important to know where they're coming from, though. You can't just let all these people in without questioning them and finding out what their intentions are. I keep hearing people on TV/around saying how we are a global community and all this bullsh*t, and that may be great and all... I'm for letting refugees escape war zones, but this unrestricted movement stuff is a crock of sh*t. Especially coming out of areas where Islamism is rampant.

• Failure, Street Mix, Stephan90 and 4 others like this

Absurdity
  • Absurdity

ϟ

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 24 April 2015 - 05:10 PM

A legit question for "liberals", 

Would you still let in the African men who raped babies in their efforts to cure themselves of aids? 
  • Palikari likes this

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 24 April 2015 - 07:39 PM Edited by ClaudeSpeed1911, 24 April 2015 - 07:42 PM.

The least the west could do is either accept them or try fixing their problems, many african countries were destroyed by people capturing them as slaves or making them work for Blood Diamonds. 

Let's ask the Palestinians, shall we?

The so called Palestinians asked for the wall by committing endless terror attacks killing many innocent people.

Now they have no right to complain about the consequences of their own bloody acts. Also, I don't care about their opinion.

The way I see it is that it was the so called Israelis that asked for these endless "Terror attacks" by going around beating and murdering children.

The reason I migrated into Norway because of Israeli people treating me like I wasn't human,

-Capturing me for three hours just because they lost my Palestinian passport while the rest of my family had given them my and their passport at the same time.

-Calling me dump and pointing their guns at me for no reason at all.

And the list go on. Before pointing fingers maybe you should look at what your country are doing? Maybe you guys shouldn't elect a known racist president that doesn't want to give Palestinian a country and gets rid of the illegal settlements? Or maybe let people younger than 50 go pray in Al Aqsa mosque? Why do Israeli police complain about being attacked with stones when they are on a Palestinian turf?

• Der_Don, undertaker fan, ten-a-penny and 1 other like this

Doc Rikowski
  • Doc Rikowski

First Generation Gamer

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 24 April 2015 - 08:35 PM Edited by Doc Rikowski, 24 April 2015 - 08:36 PM.

It's important to know where they're coming from, though. You can't just let all these people in without questioning them and finding out what their intentions are. I keep hearing people on TV/around saying how we are a global community and all this bullsh*t, and that may be great and all... I'm for letting refugees escape war zones, but this unrestricted movement stuff is a crock of sh*t. Especially coming out of areas where Islamism is rampant.

It is quite obvious that whoever has bad intentions won't simply admit it when questioned just like the Italian mobsters didn't land in New York with "I'm a mafioso" written on their forehead . In no way the country of origin should be a criteria for accepting immigrants.

I also seriously doubt any islamic terrorist would use such a risky route to infiltrate Europe. They have much better means and ways to enter Europe than these desperate people.

As far as I see the movement is far from being unrestricted. That's what causing all the deaths. The anachronistic and undemocratic restrictions to travel for people coming from the third world.

The fact that with a UK or Italian passport you can access virtually any country of the world and with a third world one you can't, this while our companies are making profits in the very same countries from which these people are coming from, is nothing else than a 21st century version of colonialism and slavery.

The white western world is still too racist, arrogant and supremacist, that's the sad truth.

The good thing though is that in about 100 years we'll be pretty much all mixed and white and black will be concepts of the past.

• Ari Gold and ClaudeSpeed1911 like this

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Jo Näkyvi Pohjan Portit

• European-Union
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 24 April 2015 - 08:45 PM

A legit question for "liberals"

It's not really a "legit question" but an appeal to emotion though, is it?
  • Tyler likes this

Carbonox
  • Carbonox

Too weird to live but much too rare to die

• Daily Globe
  • Finland

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:21 PM

The good thing though is that in about 100 years we'll be pretty much all mixed and white and black will be concepts of the past.

Keep on dreaming. Unfortunately for you (not the rest of us though) evolution towards one huge mixed race doesn't happen that quickly and even if it did, mixed couples only represent a minority. I don't see that changing in the future.

• Street Mix and Palikari like this

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 24 April 2015 - 10:08 PM

A legit question for "liberals", 

Would you still let in the African men who raped babies in their efforts to cure themselves of aids? 

Would I let a convicted rapist into my country? I hesitate to identify as a 'liberal' but if you're asking me that, no, Rusty Balls, I wouldn't be keen on that.

Legit question for you - do you actually think a significant - or measurable - portion of these refugees are AIDs baby rapers? Come off it, man.

• Melchior likes this

Tyler
  • Tyler

fire season

• None
  • Best Poem 2014
    Best Story 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2014
    Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 24 April 2015 - 10:13 PM

Well let's not forget they are Africans, Otter. You never know with those Africans: they could be Muslim extremists, or horrific savages that believe in witchcraft, or something.

• Melchior and Ari Gold like this

Absurdity
  • Absurdity

ϟ

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 24 April 2015 - 11:05 PM

A legit question for "liberals"

It's not really a "legit question" but an appeal to emotion though, is it?

"legit" in the sense that i'm genuinely interested to hear how the selective hypocritical micro morality of the half-thinking political pawns that pass as liberals theses days deal with issues that can always be categorized by their feelings in to 1) Good; 2) Bad. 

Just how thin is that immoral-moral-tight rope?

The least the west could do is either accept them or try fixing their problems, many african countries were destroyed by people capturing them as slaves or making them work for Blood Diamonds. 

That's a reasonable stance--however-- I think the least we could do is for reparations for hundreds of years of exploitation of African resources (including people) and, indeed, our continued complicity in the African diamond-slave trade is to petition the IMF–World Bank to wipe away third world dept, to stop buying diamonds and instead of western pharmaceutical companies using Africans as aids infected black human-lab-rats to test forms of biological weaponry (aids) we allow prosperity to happen in Africa and help undo the situation of poverty and disease that we maintain (by offering just enough aid to keep them alive) which has produced a culture of such desperation where African men now resort to the raping of babies to cure themselves of entirely preventable diseases. 

. :)

Well let's not forget they are Africans, Otter. You never know with those Africans: they could be Muslim extremists, or horrific savages that believe in witchcraft, or something.

clown. 

Doc Rikowski
  • Doc Rikowski

First Generation Gamer

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 24 April 2015 - 11:18 PM Edited by Doc Rikowski, 24 April 2015 - 11:27 PM.

Keep on dreaming. Unfortunately for you (not the rest of us though) evolution towards one huge mixed race doesn't happen that quickly and even if it did, mixed couples only represent a minority. I don't see that changing in the future.

Are you that scared of a better future? It's already happening, you just didn't notice it yet.

Don't we already allow all white European pedophiles who rape kids for pleasure to freely travel among the EU?

Kinda of an absurd question, your one.
It's like asking: shall we allow the human species to procreate given the amount of violence and stupidity created in our entire history?

• ClaudeSpeed1911, ten-a-penny and Sergiu like this

Tyler
  • Tyler

fire season

• None
  • Best Poem 2014
    Best Story 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2014
    Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:54 AM

clown. 

The real jokes are coming from the man who thinks it's legitimate to generalize "Africa" as one entity that is easily definable beyond geographic area, and happens to think North African immigrants are going to contain anything beyond a margin of error's worth of a population of adult men who "rape babies," -- especially when North Africa contains by far the lowest population of HIV/AIDS positive people on the continent. But no, they're all Africans, right? Their mere existence must be related to questionable ethical dilemmas and a clashing of modern disease and archaic, witchcraft solutions (which have otherwise nothing to do with the problem of immigration to Europe)-- at least to you, the person who was so nice as to extend a line of thought beyond the political labels, in favor of coming to a truth that all sides could potentially agree upon.

• Otter, Failure, Ari Gold and 8 others like this

Irviding
  • Irviding

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:08 AM Edited by Irviding, 25 April 2015 - 01:11 AM.

They very well could, though. Islamist ideology is highly widespread in North Africa and is mainstream in Tunisia, Algeria, and Morocco. Tunisia is sending more foreign fighters to ISIS than Saudi Arabia, which is a pretty big comparison. I'm not saying that means you shouldn't let refugees in, but the idea that you shouldn't debrief these people coming in as refugees extensively and conduct a very through interrogation as to their previous whereabouts and life history is simply idiotic. Doc, of course they wouldn't just show up saying they have terrorist intentions but the security services can pretty easily find out based on the travel patterns of these individuals and how they respond to questioning. As I've stated many times in this thread I think refugees should of course be able to enter Europe or anywhere else to get a better life; but you have to some regulation and oversight as to the individuals themselves. There's no doubt in my mind that Islamists would take advantage of an open door policy and go in wth legitimate refugees.
  • Doc Rikowski, Ari Gold and GTA_stu like this

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Returning Member 2014
    Lifetime Achievement Award

Posted 25 April 2015 - 04:43 AM

Or worse yet... Christians!

• Zook and Melchior like this

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Jo Näkyvi Pohjan Portit

• European-Union

Posted 25 April 2015 - 06:50 AM

half-thinking political pawns

"I lack any coherent point so I'm going to string lots of nasty sounding things together and make it look as if I have one."

which has produced a culture of such desperation where African men now resort to the raping of babies to cure themselves of entirely preventable diseases.

Yaay, let's use excruciatingly small people to form generalisations about entire continents.
All Europeans are paedophile Hitlers.

clown.

F*ckwit.
  • Melchior, ten-a-penny, make total destroy and 1 other like this

Carbonox
  • Carbonox

Too weird to live but much too rare to die

• Daily Globe
  • Finland

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:04 AM

Are you that scared of a better future? It's already happening, you just didn't notice it yet.

1) Error: insufficient evidence found.

2) How is it a 'better future'? I thought you were in favor of multiculturalism, but now you want everyone to be the same?

clown. 

What is it with some people and their affinity to personal attacks?

• Irviding likes this

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Jo Näkyvi Pohjan Portit

• European-Union

Posted 25 April 2015 - 11:15 AM

1) Error: insufficient evidence found.

It's funny you say that.

The genetics of race are quite interesting. There are only perhaps half a dozen clearly genetically defined groups of ancestral humans from which people have originated, and the overwhelming majority of us are a mish-mash of several, or all, of those groups. By and large, we're already "one huge mixed race" and have been for a very long time.
  • Doc Rikowski, Melchior and make total destroy like this

Palikari
  • Palikari

Homie

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 25 April 2015 - 10:36 PM

The way I see it is that it was the so called Israelis that asked for these endless "Terror attacks" by going around beating and murdering children.

The reason I migrated into Norway because of Israeli people treating me like I wasn't human,

-Capturing me for three hours just because they lost my Palestinian passport while the rest of my family had given them my and their passport at the same time.
And the list go on. Before pointing fingers maybe you should look at what your country are doing? Maybe you guys shouldn't elect a known racist president that doesn't want to give Palestinian a country and gets rid of the illegal settlements? Or maybe let people younger than 50 go pray in Al Aqsa mosque? Why do Israeli police complain about being attacked with stones when they are on a Palestinian turf?

Islamic terrorism against Jews is very old... It started even before Israel's independence. You know, pogroms in Jerusalem (1920), a massacre in Hebron in 1929... Will you tell me it was because of the so called "occupation"? Don't let the fact that it started in 1967 stop you from spreading hatred and justifying jihadis killing innocent people. You guys even supported and collaborated with Adolf Hitler. It was "because of the occupation", too?

Do you want an example of treating people like if they weren't human? This:

Spoiler

I am sure you know where and when was this picture taken. Also, you can just turn on the PA TV and hear Palestinian leaders saying that Jews aren't human and should be thrown to sea. I can post a lot of videos if you want me to. Your hypocrisy makes me wanna vomit. You would kill us all if you could. You've tried a lot of times without any success. Frustrating, isn't it?

And now you're telling me your life... Do you think I care about it? I have my own issues, too. And you don't care about them, do you? Nor you should, either. Please let's not make this personal. Also, I don't know if what you're saying is true at all.

So you were stopped 3 hours because an ars (chav) "lost" your passport? And? I have been waiting in airports more than three hours. I didn't die.

Yeah, "for no reason at all"... I mean, I don't like the attitude of calling someone "dump". But it's very hard to believe it was for no reason.

Bibi is not a racist and many Arab Israelis voted for him. In fact, the most pro-Likud town in all of Israel was the Arab Muslim town of Arab Al Naim. The Likud got 77% of the votes there. We choose our leaders because our country is a democracy. When was the last time there were elections in the PA? Also, I think the people of Israel made a great choice.

It's Palestinians that don't want a country. You want to destroy another country, not to coexist with your Jewish neighbors. You would already have a country if you wanted to. You have had a lot of opportunities, but you never miss the oportunity to miss every opportunity to give your children a better future. This is really sad, because I want my children to play with your children. But as Golda Meir (ז״ל) said, "peace will come when the Arabs will love their children more than they hate us."

Also, the so called "settlements" are not illegal under international law. Please read the Levy Report: http://regavim.org.i...nd-Samaria2.pdf

People younger than 50 can and do pray at the mosque, and you know that. But in some exceptions the access is limited. These exceptions take place when you guys start riots, throwing stones and firebombs at Jews. If you behave well, then there will be no need for limitations.

So you think it's ok to throw stones at people??? Who can make peace with a guy who holds these violent manners, education and ideas? I will tell you what your parents should have told you when you were a child: it's not ok to throw stones to ANYONE.

But maybe when you were a child your parents dressed you as a Hamas terrorist and instead of taking you to the park or the beach, they took you to throw stones at Jews: http://www.dailymail...-prisoners.html

And now, this thread is not about Israel or the Arab-Israeli conflict, so if you want to answer to me, could you please take it to PM? Thank you. If you answer here I won't answer you back.

Good night to you and everyone.

• Failure, Irviding, Ari Gold and 3 others like this

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 26 April 2015 - 12:03 AM Edited by ClaudeSpeed1911, 26 April 2015 - 10:08 AM.

Islamic terrorism against Jews is very old... It started even before Israel's independence. You know, pogroms in Jerusalem (1920), a massacre in Hebron in 1929... Will you tell me it was because of the so called "occupation"? Don't let the fact that it started in 1967 stop you from spreading hatred and justifying jihadis killing innocent people.

-Not denying that.

You guys even supported and collaborated with Adolf Hitler. It was "because of the occupation", too?

-Oh really just because a group supported Hitler then every Palestinian is supporting him?

Do you want an example of treating people like if they weren't human? This:

Spoiler

I am sure you know where and when was this picture taken. Also, you can just turn on the PA TV and hear Palestinian leaders saying that Jews aren't human and should be thrown to sea. I can post a lot of videos if you want me to. Your hypocrisy makes me wanna vomit. You would kill us all if you could. You've tried a lot of times without any success. Frustrating, isn't it?

-The only thing I want is to see my countries name on the maps and to be able to travel and live my life without going through check point and getting searched.

What do you call this:

These Settlers are beating that boy and these police men are protecting them while they do what they want and you wont even acknowledge that your country are doing these inhumane things.

And calling me a hypocrate and a killer?!? Wow

And now you're telling me your life... Do you think I care about it? I have my own issues, too. And you don't care about them, do you? Nor you should, either. Please let's not make this personal. Also, I don't know if what you're saying is true at all.

So you were stopped 3 hours because an ars (chav) "lost" your passport? And? I have been waiting in airports more than three hours. I didn't die. 

- well when I have been traveling for over 30 hours with no rest and getting stopped with no way in or back then we have a problem, I gave my passport with the rest of my families passports yet I'm the only one who's passport was gone and had no were to at least sit for 3 hours that's when we got a problem.

Yeah, "for no reason at all"... I mean, I don't like the attitude of calling someone "dump". But it's very hard to believe it was for no reason.

-That's because you think that you almighty country does no mistake, When you have soldiers like these then you know you have a problem:

Bibi is not a racist and many Arab Israelis voted for him. In fact, the most pro-Likud town in all of Israel was the Arab Muslim town of Arab Al Naim. The Likud got 77% of the votes there. We choose our leaders because our country is a democracy. When was the last time there were elections in the PA? Also, I think the people of Israel made a great choice. 

------- http://www.theguardi...l-arab-election

The last time we had elections were in 2012 and we might have another one this year or the next.

It's Palestinians that don't want a country. You want to destroy another country, not to coexist with your Jewish neighbors. You would already have a country if you wanted to. You have had a lot of opportunities, but you never miss the oportunity to miss every opportunity to give your children a better future. This is really sad, because I want my children to play with your children. But as Golda Meir (ז״ל) said, "peace will come when the Arabs will love their children more than they hate us."

-Oh really? What do you call this:

-http://www.haaretz.c...n-2015/1.647212

Also, the so called "settlements" are not illegal under international law. Please read the Levy Report: http://regavim.org.i...nd-Samaria2.pdf

-I don't care what that law says, There is settlements in the Palestinian turf that does not belong to Israel.

People younger than 50 can and do pray at the mosque, and you know that. But in some exceptions the access is limited. These exceptions take place when you guys start riots, throwing stones and firebombs at Jews. If you behave well, then there will be no need for limitations.

------------http://www.dailysaba...laqsa-by-israel

So you think it's ok to throw stones at people??? Who can make peace with a guy who holds these violent manners, education and ideas? I will tell you what your parents should have told you when you were a child: it's not ok to throw stones to ANYONE.

- just so you know I never threw stones at people but these people that are complaining shouldn't have been sticking around Palestinian Turf.

But maybe when you were a child your parents dressed you as a Hamas terrorist and instead of taking you to the park or the beach, they took you to throw stones at Jews: http://www.dailymail...-prisoners.html

-At Jews, that's funny what I'm seeing is a young  boy protesting against the police that are aresting people left and right.

And now, this thread is not about Israel or the Arab-Israeli conflict, so if you want to answer to me, could you please take it to PM? Thank you. If you answer here I won't answer you back.

-Why did you bring that up then?

Good night to you and everyone.

Reply is bolded.

Wont be posting here again so if you decide to continue then pm.

Good night.

• Der_Don, Irviding, Zook and 3 others like this

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 26 April 2015 - 03:06 PM

The EU has a pro-illegal immigration policy?  Or more precisely; the EU has a pro-immigration policy?  Generally speaking, the EU tries hard to keep people out of its borders in general.  When the EU member states bitches about immigration, it isn't from non-EU countries, but from other EU countries.

The largest problem is Italy.  Italy appears unwilling to do the basic procedures for these immigrants, causing the other member states to disinterested in supporting Italy's Mare Nostrum project, because they simply don't trust Italy to uphold its end of the bargain.  Which is to prevent these immigrants from travelling further in the EU, which has happened numerous times because Italian procedure is very lax and not very strictly enforced.  Besides, Italy knows that it'll be other EU member states most of these people will be seeking asylum in rather than Italy.

Essentially, this shouldn't be an Italian matter, but an EU matter.  Rather than letting Italians handle this alone, the EU should control the forces.  However, that is unlikely to happen given the lack of interest in creating a EU army or any EU force of the sort.  While it could be described as a loose co-operative international force for the sake of the EU, there will be plenty of EU-critics criticising it as a first step towards an EU army.

The only real hope is for Italy to get its act together, but that seems almost as unlikely.  Until then, people will die en masse in the Med.  Well, at least until the conflicts in their home lands are over.

• Ari Gold likes this

Palikari
  • Palikari

Homie

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 26 April 2015 - 03:13 PM

Eris, this cartoon is not racist at all. It was published by a European leftist satirical magazine. I think it greatly reflects the current state of affairs.

Svip, if allowing illegal immigrants to stay and grant them a lot of rights is not a pro-illegal immigration policy, then I don't know what is it.Illegal immigrants should be immediately expelled, they have no right to stay.

Absurdity
  • Absurdity

ϟ

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 26 April 2015 - 03:29 PM Edited by Rusty Balls, 26 April 2015 - 05:13 PM.

a truth that all sides could potentially agree upon.

Africa needs economic independence -- of course you never get there if your opinion is that only "conservative" types who hate foreigners don't want to spend money on aid and anyone on the other "side" of your self-righteous, narrow minded chauvinism is just crazy. 

You can buy in to the idea that all the strife in Africa is due to religions or just typically insane people but the only reason people can convince anyone to do these things in the name of religion or anything is because they lack resources to be educated, healthy and to have another alternative. Africa lacks resources. More to the point, Africa lacks the freedom to use its (rich) resources for its own people.

When we spend tax dollars on aid to Africa it is not given as an asset, it is loaned to them which drives them in to dept because we are giving that money to inefficient leaders who who pass the burden of paying the dept off to the public who must sell all of their raw resources to Europe and the US which is often just sold back to them by the European powers they sell it to. 

This works out in Western favor as leaders have no responsibility to the people themselves, they have a responsibility to whom they are economically dependent and its this dependency that has allowed international lenders to exploit the third world and prevent any economic or military challenge, and goods handed out for free - are bandaids on this gaping wound that hurt the small businesses and farmers.

Instead on predatory loans given to corrupt leaders to build infrastructure where Africa must sell its resources to pay off the debt-- Africa needs to be able to hold on to its raw materials to make its own finished products, which it can then sell and buy infrastructure dept free. 

Notice how liberal solutions of more aid are disastrous-- or stay the course and so those looking to escape from an ever increasingly more desperate situation are going to be ever increasingly more desperate.

witchcraft solutions

it's desperation that leads people to rape babies.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Jo Näkyvi Pohjan Portit

• European-Union

Posted 26 April 2015 - 04:08 PM

Eris, this cartoon is not racist at all. It was published by a European leftist satirical magazine.

I know I've addressed the cartoon elsewhere but it's worth pointing out that the origin of an image of this nature doesn't really define whether or not it's racist but the context does. History is littered with examples of symbolism expropriated from one group to be used against another.

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 26 April 2015 - 04:10 PM

Svip, if allowing illegal immigrants to stay and grant them a lot of rights is not a pro-illegal immigration policy, then I don't know what is it.Illegal immigrants should be immediately expelled, they have no right to stay.

I believe you are mistaken.  Currently most immigrants from Africa die in their travels.  If they arrive, most of them are intended to be sent back home, but currently the Italians aren't doing a very good job of keeping them detained until shipped home.  Partly because they don't have the resources.  This results in a lot of them roaming freely within the EU.  But it's definitely not an intentional pro-illegal immigration policy.  More neglect than policy, really.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Jo Näkyvi Pohjan Portit

• European-Union

Posted 26 April 2015 - 04:26 PM

The attitudes of EU countries to illegal immigration are by and large not demonstrably different from those elsewhere in the world. They do what they're obliged to under the law and tend to have policies not dissimilar to other nations. They simply receive a higher proportion of immigrants by virtue of simply being more convenient and wealthier.

If you want to see an immigration policy that really does support illegal entry, look at Sweden's. That said, it doesn't really seem to be doing much harm.
  • Ari Gold likes this

Irviding
  • Irviding

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 26 April 2015 - 06:57 PM

If you want to see an immigration policy that really does support illegal entry, look at Sweden's. That said, it doesn't really seem to be doing much harm.

That's really not a fair comparison to Southern European states that are geographically closer to problem zones, though. In fact it's almost entirely irrelevant.

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 26 April 2015 - 07:48 PM

That's really not a fair comparison to Southern European states that are geographically closer to problem zones, though. In fact it's almost entirely irrelevant.

Not really.  I'd like to point out that Sweden has accepted at least 40,000 Syrian refugees.  Germany too has accepted 40,000 Syrian refugees.  In comparison, Italy has accepted 4,600 and France has accepted 500.  I realise this crisis is not only because of the Syrian civil war, most of them come from the unstable Libyan state.  However, this clearly represents the difference between the EU states for their interest in accept refugees.  Moreover, once in Italy, they could simply 'walk' to Sweden or Germany to seek asylum.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Jo Näkyvi Pohjan Portit

• European-Union

Posted 26 April 2015 - 09:00 PM

Not really.  I'd like to point out that Sweden has accepted at least 40,000 Syrian refugees.

Indeed, as a proportion of the native population Sweden is the largest granter of asylum to African migrants of any country in Europe, and by a huge margin. It may be the shores of Italy in particular that receive the majority of the boats, but it's (wildly) disproportionately Sweden they're ending up in.

Irviding
  • Irviding

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 27 April 2015 - 01:41 AM Edited by Irviding, 27 April 2015 - 01:46 AM.

That wasn't my point, though. They accept refugees who go through the legal process and are vetted. They don't have the security issue of people unloading boats on their shores coming from problem areas. It really isn't fair to say "Hey Italy/Spain/France, look at Sweden!". Not to mention the Swedes aren't remotely as significant of a target for terrorists as the others; Bin Laden said so himself when Spain was hit.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Jo Näkyvi Pohjan Portit

• European-Union

Posted 27 April 2015 - 07:27 AM

I think you massively overstate the amount of threat posed by foreign nationals escaping from Africa to Europe, and massively overestimate the amount of getting which actually takes place.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users