Posted 2 weeks ago

Imlerith: "Who taught you to swing like this?"

• Corndawg93 likes this

Adrenalist
  • Adrenalist

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by Adrenalist, A week ago.

So I put this down for a bit and played some RDR and Horizon. I got bored in RDR in Mexico, so put that back down, and Horizon got too political for me, so I picked Witcher 3 back up.

And I have not been disappointed. At all.

Back in '03 or '04, forget when, on this board, just before Vice City was released, we were discussing the first thing we were going to do when we got the game. Someone in the thread remarked that they were going to explore everything as much as they could, and do all of the available activities before starting the missions. I remember I asked him "Why would you do that??" He responded by saying something to the effect of "I don't know."

That approach intrigued me enough, then I tried it. And it worked. I got a feel for the territory, and a feel of accomplishment, before I bit into the main course. The main course wasn't a confusing mess, because I already felt like I was part of this city. From then on, I was hooked. Every game I've played henceforth, I've done all the exploration and side quests first, before starting the main missions.

Witcher 3 has been no exception. It was mildly overwhelming at first. It was a lot of ground to cover. And I don't know how many hours I have in the game, but it's a lot. And I felt like I already knew Geralt before continuing the main quests. I'm sitting now at lvl 28 and have finally made it to Skellige via the main story. After a few comments made after hearing that lady sing at the bar, I feel like I need to go to Skellige before tensions there increase. So now, I am exploring everything in Skellige before continuing the main missions.

Wow. What a game. I mean, this is, by far, one of my favorite games. Just unbelievable. Can't say more awesome things about it. It's as close to perfect as you can get. It's so deep, it's almost like an abyss in depth. The depth in the side missions is incredible. The main missions so far have been incredible. So human. Wow. Just wow.

I've had a few glitches/issues. Notably the Dog's Life and A's house side quests not completing. I had a save file corrupt (not a big deal, just had to erase it and go back a save). And a few other odds and ends. With a game this massive and detailed in every respect, it's really no big deal.

Here's a few notes of the little things that have amused me.

Spoiler

Anyway, that's it for now. Look forward to continuing my journey and see what Skellige has in store! :D
  • Raavi, Laker23, Audi and 1 other like this

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Facade Corporation
  • Netherlands

Posted A week ago

20180101165920_1.jpg

20180101211145_1.jpg

Nice to see Geralt still has his dry humor in the Witcher 1. 

• El Diablo and Audi like this

deadx23
  • deadx23

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted A week ago

I spent all my Sunday playing Witcher 3 I couldn't stop playing, just done the bloody barren part.im level 8 :lol: I love the story and how it's turning out.
  • Adrenalist likes this

Adrenalist
  • Adrenalist

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Made it to the top of the mountain at Svorlag, the other night. It took a couple hours of determination. The only reward at the top was the feeling of accomplishment.
XFQ985.jpg
  • fashion and Audi like this

fashion
  • fashion

ಠ_ರೃ

• Members
  • Mars
  • Most Desperate For a Ban 2017

Posted A week ago

Have you skyrimed your way up?

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Facade Corporation
  • Netherlands

Posted 5 days ago

20180113110239_1.jpg

20180114142418_1.jpg

20180114155341_1.jpg

20180114155523_1.jpg

20180114155630_1.jpg

I finished Witcher 1 today, and what a great game it was. If you're a Witcher fan I cannot recommend it enough. It feels a bit more stiff than W3, but once you got the mechanics down, you're in for a great ride. I'm glad I read the books first though, because the game refer to them quite often (more so than Witcher 3 in my experience). Now onward to Witcher 2, followed by a replay of Witcher 3.

• El Diablo likes this

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria
  • Best New Member 2017

Posted 5 days ago

witcher 1 is so sub par on many fronts but the game has such an interesting vision and heart that i can't help but love it.

• Darth Yokel likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users