TIL I guess. I told him it would always be home to the witchers but he said

Spoiler

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Facade Corporation
  • Netherlands

Posted 25 July 2017 - 11:44 AM

I'm about halfway through The Last Wish book and I'm genuinely suprised how fun it is to read it. I wasn't sure how well The Witcher as I know it (as a videogame) would translate to a book (though I know the games are based on the books) but I'm really enjoying it. It's also interesting to get to know the details of the Witcher lore a bit more, like how Geralt got his nickname.

I only ordered the first book to see if I would enjoy it, but at this rate I'm gonna have to buy the others as well.

hoyycYc.gif

Also here's me just arriving in Toussaint. What a great way to start a DLC. Though I have to say Blood and Wine feels more like a complete game to me. There's just so much to do that I've been putting off doing the main story for some time now. 

• El Diablo likes this

NUCLEARBLAST91
  • NUCLEARBLAST91

DIEHARD GTA FAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 August 2017 - 09:23 AM

I've been having this problem with The Witcher 3 GOTY Edition for months now and I haven't been able to fix it. It all started when I believe I was in Skellige where Geralt was about to have sex with Yennefer, I also had the Geralt Steroid Body mod Version 3 not 4 (I liked the 3rd version better) as well as a lot of other mods I installed. And as the cutscene started all of Geralt's body except his head disappeared and I immediately restarted my computer while I was I was still in the game (which hopefully wasn't the reason for this problem I'm about to explain). And since then, I haven't been able to launch the game ever since that happened, and that's with my mods installed but when I don't have my mods installed I'm still able to play the game.
So I've uninstalled and restarted Witcher 3 multiple times while also reinstalling my mods (which includes installing Version 4 of the body mod instead of 3), I've also verified integrity of the game files, I've also repaired Microsoft Visual C++, and I've also tried to launch the game from its root directory instead of my desktop, btw I also have the Unification Patch for 1.31 GOTY installed as well as Script Merger, and even after all that I'm still not able to launch Witcher 3 which is EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING!!! But like I said earlier I'm still able to play the game without my mods installed, but I don't want that. Do you guys have any idea what could be the problem, I hope I'm not the only one having this issue. Thanks!

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

First of his name

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 06 August 2017 - 12:31 PM

I already told you in that other topic that you have too many mods. The game has a mod limit. Nobody really knows how many mods will break the game, but if your game doesn't start it absolutely means that you have exceeded the mod limit. Script mods don't count, you can have as many of those as you want. But you can't have too many texture mods and mods that have .bundle files in them.

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 13 August 2017 - 05:52 AM Edited by fashion, 13 August 2017 - 07:58 AM.

So finally my NG+ is finished. I skipped quite a few side quests but already got them on my main save.
Seriously, this playthrough has been just as satisfying as my first one. I refreshed my memory on a lot of stuff I didn't pay attention to and finally saw the best ending W3 has to offer. I did follow a guide just to make sure.

I'm giving it a break for now before jumping into the DLCs. I have an itch to replay GTAIV since years so I'll do that.
Then I'll do Hearts of Stone > Lost and Damned > Blood and Wine > Ballad of Gay Tony.

By the way, I had some serious issues with the last two bosses. That last part took me about 3 hours and a few rage quits.

The first boss actually glitched for me. He stood still and could not move, boy I was happy to finish that f*ck.

As for Eredin, I played around with my skills and found out a lifesaver: there's a skill that makes food regenerate your health for 20 minutes. Took me 2 playthroughs to figure that out.

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Facade Corporation
  • Netherlands

Posted 04 September 2017 - 10:06 AM

Time is fleeting, but memories are forever

• El Diablo, Azazel and fashion like this

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 September 2017 - 10:51 AM

What's funny, I left Geralt there with Triss, so a little bit of continuity for my self

Laker23
  • Laker23

Greatness From Small Beginnings

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 04 September 2017 - 02:21 PM

Welp, somebody's cutting onions. 

I hope Cyberpunk is a masterpiece because the thought of another Witcher being so far away, Geralt less..... is not great.

Candy_Licker
  • Candy_Licker

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 September 2017 - 04:24 PM

What's funny, I left Geralt there with Triss, so a little bit of continuity for my self

And Ciri becoming a Witcher confirmed as canon ending :p

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Facade Corporation
  • Netherlands

Posted 04 September 2017 - 04:44 PM Edited by Matrelith, 04 September 2017 - 04:44 PM.

Plus the Baron, Keira, Lambert, Vernon, Ves, Olgierd, Annarieta and Syanna being alive would make the endings where they survive canon. I'm not really sure if it can be regarded as official canon though or if it's just something nice CDPR made for the fanbase. 

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 04 September 2017 - 05:35 PM Edited by fashion, 04 September 2017 - 05:36 PM.

I agree, it was really cute and lovely. I have my doubts whether this scene means this or that is cannon. They just wanted to include everyone. If this is canon, then so are we, the fans :p

I'm going head to Touissant for a second time someday soon. Took a break after Hearts of Stone. Gotta say, I haven't been hyped to replay something in a long time.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 04 September 2017 - 06:12 PM

And Ciri becoming a Witcher confirmed as canon ending :p

but there's no canon in Witcher outside of the books.

the games always let you build on your important decisions.

you either import your choices directly from a savegame or set them up at the beginning of the story, but the canon is whatever you've made it.

I always looked at it like this; Ciri is a witcher either way.

whether she remains in hiding or returns to the king she will always be a witcher. so my favorite ending was to reunite Ciri with her old man as the formal princess. that way she can take over from Emhyr var Emreis as Queen someday and make the world better for everyone. if you keep Ciri in hiding with the other witchers then the kingdom is left to the fate of the corrupt douchebags in Nilfgaard. I like to imagine that bringing Ciri back to the king drastically improves the public renown and social standing of witchers in general. it's a win for everyone.

• The Yokel likes this

Candy_Licker
  • Candy_Licker

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 September 2017 - 05:48 PM Edited by Candy_Licker, 05 September 2017 - 05:49 PM.

Plus the Baron, Keira, Lambert, Vernon, Ves, Olgierd, Annarieta and Syanna being alive would make the endings where they survive canon. I'm not really sure if it can be regarded as official canon though or if it's just something nice CDPR made for the fanbase. 

That's why I made the :p , it was more tongue in cheek

Nice fanservice, don't we all wish a happy end for our seasoned hero?

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 05 September 2017 - 11:08 PM

triss is poison so i sure as sh*t hope that's not the ''canon'' choice it was bad enough they forced her on you in the second game.

Nice seeing Syanna, Anna, and David Beckham in there though.

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Facade Corporation
  • Netherlands

Posted 06 September 2017 - 08:17 AM Edited by Matrelith, 06 September 2017 - 08:17 AM.

That's why I made the :p , it was more tongue in cheek

Nice fanservice, don't we all wish a happy end for our seasoned hero?

Well if you make the ''right'' decisions a happy ending is pretty much possible. I guess you could say the question of the video being canon depends on your own playthrough, and whether the characters who show up in the video survived in your own game.

In my playthrough characters like the Baron, Olgierd and Syanna survived, so I have no problem viewing the video as canon. 

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

First of his name

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 06 September 2017 - 07:16 PM

If you play on PC you need this mod in your life:

Some guy managed to add missing reflections to water in the game. Other textures are also significantly better than the original like rocks, buildings, wooden structures, trees etc. The mod is still not complete, but the difference is already pretty substantial.

• El Diablo likes this

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 08 September 2017 - 09:47 AM Edited by fashion, 08 September 2017 - 09:47 AM.

This has to be one of the best video game related conferences I've ever seen. Gotta love CDPR.
  • Matrelith likes this

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Facade Corporation
  • Netherlands

Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:55 PM

Grade A sh*tpost, but I figured you guys would enjoy it. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users