Photo

The Witcher III: Wild Hunt

2,388 replies to this topic
The Yokel
  • The Yokel

First of his name

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 09 April 2017 - 11:45 PM Edited by The Yokel, 09 April 2017 - 11:50 PM.

Finished the main story today and I started Hearts of Stone. Who thought it would be a good idea to bump the difficulty level from easy as piss to Dead Souls? That toad c*nt had me shutting my console off in frustration. And why the f*ck do they tell you it's immune to fire when that's the thing that actually hurts it the most?

They just tell you that it's not afraid of fire. But yeah, it's still a sh*tty thing to say. Fire is the best way to deal with that damn toad. And if you think that's like Dead/Dark Souls, just wait. Hearts of Stone has the best and most difficult boss fights. Although the next big one can be skipped depending on your choices in a conversation. My advice if you don't want to skip it is to be rude towards the executioners. And you really shouldn't skip it because it's one of a kind awesome sword duel.

monkb4skunk
  • monkb4skunk

Have a nice day, motherf*cker

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • New-Zealand

Posted 13 April 2017 - 02:36 AM

I just finished blood and wine for the 1St time.. Sweet mother of Mary Jane what an experience.

I feel lost and hollow it's over, Kind of like I need a hug.

OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick
  • OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2017 - 02:49 AM

I just finished blood and wine for the 1St time.. Sweet mother of Mary Jane what an experience.

I feel lost and hollow it's over, Kind of like I need a hug.

That's exactly how I felt. I recently just finished The Witcher 3 for the first time ever myself. Except, I played The Witcher 2, The Witcher 3, Hearts Of Stone, and Blood and Wine back to back to back to back. So, in those last few months I was literally living inside the world of The Witcher and when I finished B&W, I felt empty. Depressed. It was so strange to play another game after that. To play someone different than Geralt. To be in a different universe. Nothing will ever top The Witcher 3. Well... maybe Cyberpunk.

• monkb4skunk likes this

monkb4skunk
  • monkb4skunk

Have a nice day, motherf*cker

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • New-Zealand

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:06 AM

I know exactly what you mean, I didn't play the 1St two but I played 3 for maybe just under a year so to finally finish it is a big thing.

There were a lot of stand out moments throughout in particulary the Baron and the crones and the whole of hearts of stone, the fairytale land was top notch also.

Easily a 10/10 all round.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation

• Administrator
  • European-Union
  • Best Moderator 2016
    Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:43 PM

The Witcher is getting a Netflix series.

https://www.theverge...tflix-announced

• Mister Pink, The Yokel and feckyerlife like this

Noale
  • Noale

INKWIZYCJA

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:44 PM

I don't know how to feel about this.

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:51 PM

This is going to be AMAZING. Holy sh*t, i can't believe its' actually happening. Now its all bout the casting.

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:06 PM Edited by feckyerlife, 17 May 2017 - 01:06 PM.

can't be as bad as the movie

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

First of his name

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:33 PM

I'd go with cautiously optimistic. It's Netflix so chances of it being a decent show are pretty solid. In fact I'm willing to bet that Netflix wants this to be their Game of Thrones.

• feckyerlife and Noale like this

Mr. Scratch
  • Mr. Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:46 PM

You mean the TV show.

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:58 PM

You mean the TV show.

ive only tried to watch the movie, so cant speak about the tv show, but i think they are the same 

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:15 PM

Anything new witcher related is great news!
  • Jinx. likes this

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:05 PM

The movie's a super cut of the TV show. Like the TV show was already a brilliant mess but they compressed it into 2 hours. 

dot.Error
  • dot.Error

Antagonist

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2017 - 09:26 PM Edited by dot.Error, 17 May 2017 - 09:26 PM.

Hopefully that Netflix series will be close to the glory of the Polish Witcher TV series from early 2000s:

Just kidding. Nothing ever will beat that dragon scene.

• Mister Pink likes this

Candy_Licker
  • Candy_Licker

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:36 AM

Netflix made me really happy yesterday. First a Witcher tv series, and on the same days they announce that season 5 of Arrested Development is finally happening.

Netflix :inlove:

• The Yokel likes this

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:14 PM

Some person over on the CDPR forums suggested they cast Idris Elba as Geralt. I've never cringed so hard before.

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:03 PM

He'd fit the demeanor really well; actually. Not the look obviously and the uproar would be too much but he's a fine actor and he can nail the character's dry wit and coldness really well.

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:19 PM

He'd fit the demeanor really well; actually. Not the look obviously and the uproar would be too much but he's a fine actor and he can nail the character's dry wit and coldness really well.

I don't deny his acting ability, but Geralt was written as a white male and that's exactly the type of person who should be casted as him. Having Idris play as Geralt would be like having an Asian play Yen. It just doesn't look right or work. 

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:24 PM

on the topic of yen, i saw a post where someone said Eva Green should be cast as Yen, that would be a good fit, then they should get the widow from into the badlands as triss

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

First of his name

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:44 PM

I'm really curious about casting. We can't expect them to cast actors who look like video game characters the most, but at the same time we shouldn't be surprised if they take video games into account.

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:13 AM

I'm really curious about casting. We can't expect them to cast actors who look like video game characters the most, but at the same time we shouldn't be surprised if they take video games into account.

A good portion of the viewers of this series will be watching simply because they've played the games. It would be dumb of them to cast actors that look absolutely nothing like their video game counterparts. 

​As for Eva Green, she has the look down and I feel like she could pull off the feistiness of Yen, but I'd rather have them cast an unknown actress. I feel like every time Eva Green would pop up on the screen, I'd only be seeing her and not Yen. 

Mr. Scratch
  • Mr. Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:25 AM

on the topic of yen, i saw a post where someone said Eva Green should be cast as Yen, that would be a good fit, then they should get the widow from into the badlands as triss

God, I hope so, she was amazing in Penny Dreadful. And Mads Mikkelsen would make a great Geralt.
  • feckyerlife likes this

Travedge
  • Travedge

A man in motion feels no emotion

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:11 PM

Still havent finished witcher 3. Might get on that today. Not looking forward to feeling empty an depressed but Uncharted 4 just did that to me so fugit.

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 May 2017 - 04:21 PM Edited by feckyerlife, 25 May 2017 - 04:21 PM.

Interesting 

http://screenrant.co...tv-show-geralt/

Director Tomasz Bagiński is teasing that Netflix’s The Witcher series will draw direct inspiration from The Witcher video games. It was only recently announced that the popular series of novels and short-stories by Polish writer Andrzej Sapkowski were being adapted into a drama show produced by the popular streaming service. Since then, fans have been keen to know if the best-selling video game trilogy from CD Projekt Red will have any clear influence on the show.

In Sapkowski’s books, the “Witchers” are mercenaries skilled in fighting and witchcraft, and mostly hired for monster-hunting and extermination. Geralt (aka: The White Wolf) is a particularly adept Witcher, with a complicated love-life and a special connection to the ruling bodies of the mythical land he travels in. Whilst the literary version  has a massive following in Poland, Russia and other Eastern European countries, most people in the West are familiar with the character through the best-selling games produced by CD Projekt Red, which are hugely popular  with critics and gamers. The large open-worlds and optional quests make them experiences that are easy to lose days at a time in with some hearty adventuring. The games are also rightly praised for their mature themes and rich characterisations.

Whilst the show will be based Sapkowski’s books, it does indeed seem like elements present in the CD Projekt Red games will definitely make their  way into the series. Speaking with the Polish website Inn Poland, Bagiński was asked about the similarities between The Witcher games and the Netflix series, and if the slightly-differing versions of Geralt (from the books vs. the games) will impact how the character is represented on the show. Bagiński responded by praising CDPR for their work on the games, saying that along with the novels it will give the series a chance to create its own interpretations of the same stories. And while he said that “they would look for their own path“, he also admitted that “there will be some similarities with CDPR’s take on the White Wolf“.

As the show is still in early development, there are no real further hints to the content apart from those comments. It’s not the first time that The Witcher saga has been adapted for TV. 2002 saw a show called The Hexer appear in Sapkowski’s home country, and a low-budget film was also released. Unfortunately both of these adaptations were heavily criticized by the author and they are practically unknown, outside of Poland itself.

Hopefully this new The Witcher TV series from Netflix will balance the most popular ingredients from both the books and the video games – giving rise to something that will excite fantasy fans and the many gamers that have played as The White Wolf himself.

• El Diablo likes this

Noale
  • Noale

INKWIZYCJA

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 26 May 2017 - 10:52 PM

I still got W1 and W2 in my Steam Inventory for anyone that wants it...

Nero
  • Nero

custom grenade pin

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 27 May 2017 - 09:57 AM

I'd go with cautiously optimistic. It's Netflix so chances of it being a decent show are pretty solid. In fact I'm willing to bet that Netflix wants this to be their Game of Thrones.

As many exceptional shows there are on Netflix, there's an equal amount of moderates ones; which tend to go unnoticed.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 May 2017 - 08:51 PM

Just picked up the complete edition today and played a few hours. One thing I can say is the graphics are unbelievably gorgeous. And the gameplay is really fun especially the combat. The story hasn't really pulled me in yet but I'm sure it will after a few more hours.

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None
  • [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Car
    Topic of the Year 2012 "GTA V Vehicle Database"
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 28 May 2017 - 01:27 PM

I neglected this game for a long while, but am finding a lot of enjoyment in it now. :)

az_witcher_01.png

az_witcher_03.png

az_witcher_02.png

az_witcher_04.png

az_witcher_05.png

az_witcher_06.png

az_witcher_07.png

az_witcher_08.png

az_witcher_09.png

• El Diablo, Mister Pink and The Yokel like this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

XMD5A

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 28 May 2017 - 01:59 PM

Great screens man! ^ 

Also, just going to leave this here..

• El Diablo likes this

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

First of his name

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 28 May 2017 - 10:16 PM

Well this is weird and yet good news for CDPR: https://www.gamespot...r/1100-6450351/

• El Diablo and Mister Pink like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users