Photo

[WIP|SA] Grand Theft Auto Québec

60 replies to this topic
Leone Family
  • Leone Family

Grand Theft Auto Québec TC developer

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 April 2015 - 08:27 PM Edited by Leone Family, 09 May 2017 - 10:20 PM.

Logo without animated flag
qhITDFL.png
Grand Theft Auto Québec is a total conversion mod for Grand Theft Auto San Andreas. At the time I am writing this, the game is in Beta (WIP) version. The final version will include a new map of the cities of Montréal and Laval, some missions, new real-life vehicles, new weapons, new skins, improved graphics, improved physics and more

2017/05/09 UPDATE:
Spoiler
EzoSI9n.png?1
Spoiler
6epGAq1.png?1
Spoiler
nFPqiAD.png?1
Spoiler
LGuQyWI.png?1
Spoiler
l3ZnF8v.png?1
Spoiler
bA2WEZL.png?1
Spoiler
Tswe1ea.png?1
Spoiler

Grand Theft Auto Québec Trailer #13 (Beta 2.0.2)

Grand Theft Auto Québec Trailer #12 (Beta 2.0.1)

Facebook Page (in French)

• DK22Pac, universetwisters, Yan2295 and 4 others like this

Sergiu
  • Sergiu

EQUANOX™

• GTA Mods Staff
  • European-Union
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D]

Posted 19 April 2015 - 08:31 PM Edited by CasualSergiu, 19 April 2015 - 08:34 PM.

This looks a lot like a mod pack/concept.
How much of this stuff have you made from scratch?

Where are the credits for the mods you're currently using in your mod?

• Z i X likes this

Leone Family
  • Leone Family

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 April 2015 - 08:34 PM

How much did you make of this stuff exactly? :)

I use programs like 3DS Max and ZMoldeler. And no, it isn't a mod pack. Remember that those pictures are from the WIP Beta version of the mod.

Sergiu
  • Sergiu

EQUANOX™

• GTA Mods Staff
  • European-Union

Posted 19 April 2015 - 08:40 PM Edited by CasualSergiu, 19 April 2015 - 08:41 PM.

How much did you make of this stuff exactly? :)

I use programs like 3DS Max and ZMoldeler. And no, it isn't a mod pack. Remember that those pictures are from the WIP Beta version of the mod.

No. I mean, the cars and the first person mod. What about the ENB?

ClaudX
  • ClaudX

Keep singing.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Total Overhaul 2016 [Shine o' Vice] [Contribution]
    Contribution Award [Concepts]
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 19 April 2015 - 08:43 PM

The buildings look self-modeled, so that's a start. You better have permission for everything that isn't yours, but things like this are frowned upon in this community.

• lpgunit and Sergiu like this

Sergiu
  • Sergiu

EQUANOX™

• GTA Mods Staff
  • European-Union

Posted 19 April 2015 - 08:45 PM

The buildings look self-modeled, so that's a start. You better have permission for everything that isn't yours, but things like this are frowned upon in this community.

The buildings look good so that's a start, indeed.

The rest is what worries me.

ClaudX
  • ClaudX

Keep singing.

• Members
  • United-States
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 19 April 2015 - 08:47 PM

The buildings look good so that's a start, indeed.

The rest is what worries me.

True.

OP, if you want to impress people with a TC, remove everything that isn't yours and only post what you've made. You'll get a lot more supporters and you won't get into trouble that way.

• lpgunit and universetwisters like this

Leone Family
  • Leone Family

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 April 2015 - 08:47 PM

The stuff that isn't made from scratch are most of the vehicles. The rest of them are made by me and other things like the ENB config, the effects, other textures, and some other stuff are also by me. I did not put credits for those that aren't made by me because it's not sure if they will stay in the game or not. It depends on which ones I get permission to use and those that I don't get permission. They are only there to give a better look of the mod and this is why I did not upload the mod yet.

Leone Family
  • Leone Family

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 April 2015 - 08:54 PM

Oh and by the way, the buildings we see in the screenshots are only a few of those that I am making for the game. I started making the BMO Building, the stock exchange, a safehouse and the Montréal courthouse called the "Palais de Justice" in French.

• Sergiu likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 20 April 2015 - 02:30 AM

I tried to send you a message but you couldn't use the messaging system because you're a new member, evidently. Basically, what I can provide are GTA style vehicles and buildings, like what's in my workshop. It's been a while since I've seen a custom TC.
  • ClaudX and DidSomebodySayYouga like this

ClaudX
  • ClaudX

Keep singing.

• Members
  • United-States
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 20 April 2015 - 02:37 AM

I was going to mention you, UT, just to show the OP what original vehicles he should shoot for. It's kind of nice that you posted here to essentially let the OP use some of your vehicles and buildings to make it more original. It's better than ultra-HD vehicles.

• R4gN0r0K, universetwisters, -NTD- and 1 other like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 20 April 2015 - 02:39 AM

I was going to mention you, UT, just to show the OP what original vehicles he should shoot for. It's kind of nice that you posted here to essentially let the OP use some of your vehicles and buildings to make it more original. It's better than ultra-HD vehicles.

Pretty much yeah, it'd be a lot better using kitbashes as opposed to SUPER DUPER HIGH POLY stuff that looks way out of place.

did you change your name you cheeky c*nt

• lpgunit, ClaudX and DidSomebodySayYouga like this

ClaudX
  • ClaudX

Keep singing.

• Members
  • United-States
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 20 April 2015 - 02:42 AM

Them fighting words.

I did. I usually use this name on other things, so I might as well change it here. Take me to court.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 20 April 2015 - 02:58 AM

Them fighting words.

I did. I usually use this name on other things, so I might as well change it here. Take me to court.

I'll take you to court once it gets made.

Photo-21.jpg

• R4gN0r0K and ClaudX like this

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 20 April 2015 - 05:14 AM

Pretty much yeah, it'd be a lot better using kitbashes as opposed to SUPER DUPER HIGH POLY stuff that looks way out of place.

Or you could hone your skills and study how R* made the default vehicles so you can come up with similarly-styled ones, just like what some dude did with his low-poly renditions of HD Universe vehicles.

• universetwisters likes this

Nihilist.
  • Nihilist.

Highway Star

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 20 April 2015 - 07:33 AM

I gotta say, the basic plan for the mod you've got is pretty solid. I really like the map concept - it's not big, so one persistant person can do it. A lot of beginning modders believe they are able to create real life size city, all alone - which is a big mistake, trust me. So, point for you.

However, there's few things I'm really aware of, after reading the first post. First of all, you use content made by other modders. While it's only few vehicles and probably ENB config, the sad truth is, it's all you've got in the game so far. Without permissions, you end up with almost nothing. Two questions come to my mind in this case - "how much YOU've done so far?"and "is it enough to start this topic?".

Other thing is quality of the mod's features - doesn't matter made by you of someone else. ENB config is, well, ugly as f#$k - my eyes hurt. Cars (ambulance is the greatest example) seem to shine like neon signs and absolutely do not fit neither other cars or GTA SA atmosphere. Lykan Hypersport is a cop car for some reason (because of Furious 7, it starts to be overused everywhere - similarly to Skyline R-34, Supra and black Charger R/T with bugcatcher back in the days).

So far, you've shown us two models - and again, there's few things worth mentioning. First of all, they're unfinished. Without mapped textures, they'll be useless. The problem is, we don't know if you have any textures (either made or found) and if you can map models with them.

You say you've started working on new models, but wouldn't it be easier to finish one and then start another? If you decide to work on few things at the same time, expect nothing but chaos in your project.

Also, you may have some serious problems with 2D graphics (not only textures), judging by the first post (logo, characters' profiles). You should take your time and practice. Maybe try to make other things (map?) first, before working with vehicle paintjobs?

I'd really love to see the map come true - personally, I don't care much about storyline, vehicles nor any other feature. You've got an idea and basic plan - make use of it. Besides, you're not going to make anything story related without the map.

Anyone can install new vehicles, we've all seen hundreds of them. But new map... That is something you don't see often. As I said before, you have a good plan and I believe you can model it. It has reasonable size, so... I'd recommend you to focus on that. Vehicles and effects are details - you can easily add them later on.

Good luck - I'm looking forward to see some progress :)

Leone Family
  • Leone Family

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 April 2015 - 09:05 PM

Thanks for your comment. As I mentionned on other posts, the only content that I used from other people are some vehicles and I always planned to ask permission to the authors later. Since I didn't ask yet, I didn't upload the mod yet. The police cars the ambulance and some other cars as well as some other stuff not related to vehicles were made by me. The ENB config was really from me and here's the proof:

http://www.gtainside...derBy=&id=70643

I "discovered" the existance of the Lykan not because of Fast and Furious 7, I knew this car existed way before that movie came out. And talking about cars, the reason why I started making some cars before starting the map is because of the trailers and the screenshots. What could I have shown about my mod if there would be no new cars and no new map? Anyway, I'm starting to make roads for the map which means you guys could see some new screenshots of the first portion of the map very soon. And I know that I got a lot of unfinished stuff at the same time and the reason why is because if I concentrate on one thing at a time for too long, I'll get bored of it.

Finally, I wanted to know what did you meant by "you may have serious problems with 2D graphics"?

Leone Family
  • Leone Family

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 April 2015 - 09:13 PM

Thank you very much for your offer, but I want GTA Québec to be as close to reality as possible which means real-life cars only. However, buildings could interest me and I would like to take a look at what kind of buildings you made. Could you send links to your mods? Reply to this post or just send them to my email:

[email protected]

And since my GTAForums letterbox isn't activated due to the fact that I'm a new member, you can send your private messages to my email adress.

Whooa that's weird... looks like Quote does not work for me... Anyway, keep in mind that the last message is intended for universetwisters.

TJGM
  • TJGM

Boss

• Members
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 20 April 2015 - 09:14 PM

Please don't double post, just edit your previous post.

Leone Family
  • Leone Family

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 April 2015 - 09:20 PM

Ok, sorry for that.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 21 April 2015 - 05:26 AM

I sent it to your inbox since you got enough posts just then to earn it.

undertaker fan
  • undertaker fan

Hustler

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted 21 April 2015 - 05:34 AM

I think it would be better to have non real names of places and vehicles.
  • universetwisters likes this

Nihilist.
  • Nihilist.

Highway Star

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 21 April 2015 - 06:43 AM

Finally, I wanted to know what did you meant by "you may have serious problems with 2D graphics"?

Okay, so basically what I've meant was, you've shown us few vehicles with custom paintjobs and the mod logotype. Judging by their looks, I can say that you're not an experienced graphic designer - of course, with all respect.

In my personal opinion, focusing on paintjobs (which will be in the center of players' attention) at this point seem like a bad move. First of all, as I said, they're going to be in the center of attention - so obviously, they have to look good. Contrary to buildings of bilboards, cars are everywhere and people are going to see them.

If a building texture looks bad, there is a chance someone's going to notice it, but most of the players won't. Look at San Andreas locations for instance - and now modders have to fix all the R* mistakes by themselves :)

Neverless, unless they really want to sightsee, they're probably not going to notice there's anything bad about a bulding, if it's not featured in any mission and/or doesn't look extraordinary.

Second of all, you've spend some time to make paintjobs for the vehicles, but you don't really know for 100% that you're going to get permission(s) from their respective authors. If not (you have to assume that), your work is going to be a waste of time. Simply.

You're not going to be able to use your materials on other vehicles, since they have different mappings. That means, you gotta spend another hours adjusting current textures or making brand new ones.

Third of all, during the work, you fortunately will learn a lot about texture design. It is possible that after a month or two you'll realize that your current materials do not look satisfying to you. It gets only worse if you're a perfectionist - trust me.

In this case, you probably are going to replace old materials with new, improved ones. Of course, it's goint to take some time to create them, right?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 21 April 2015 - 07:26 AM

Second of all, you've spend some time to make paintjobs for the vehicles, but you don't really know for 100% that you're going to get permission(s) from their respective authors. If not (you have to assume that), your work is going to be a waste of time. Simply.
You're not going to be able to use your materials on other vehicles, since they have different mappings. That means, you gotta spend another hours adjusting current textures or making brand new ones.

That's why I suggested that he could use my vehicles and the likes, because of all the red tape with asking some folk's permission, that and mixing ultra high poly stuff with SA style-everything else is an odd mix. Hell, I started working on redoing one of the squad cars from SA into a Montreal one because boredom.

Original:

Spoiler

Model:

Spoiler

Bondergomme
  • Bondergomme

j'la Pologne pas

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 April 2015 - 01:34 PM

Meh, need MOAR minivan

Spoiler

Well, I could maybe contribute on this mod, maybe even join as a member, but Leone need to re work his project : f*ck the story line and focus on the map, also f*ck super cars (les nid-de-poules would kill them anyway).

And be more clear about the setting. When is the mod suppose to be? in 1992, modern time, 70's ?

• universetwisters and Jerome like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 21 April 2015 - 04:53 PM

HOLY sh*t MOONBEAM COP VAN.

I think he said that once the mod is oplete, he'd do a prequel set in 1970 during the October crisis. IMO the story should be saved for last seeing as trying to work on that before the map is how my old mod failed. That and Rockstar does the same too.
  • baconwizard likes this

Leone Family
  • Leone Family

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 April 2015 - 05:15 PM

Meh, need MOAR minivan

Spoiler

Well, I could maybe contribute on this mod, maybe even join as a member, but Leone need to re work his project : f*ck the story line and focus on the map, also f*ck super cars (les nid-de-poules would kill them anyway).

And be more clear about the setting. When is the mod suppose to be? in 1992, modern time, 70's ?

The mod is set in the present, the main character is born in 1992 and the next GTA Québec will be set in 1970. The storyline is just an idea to add a little bonus to the game when the map will be done. This is why that I only got ideas for a few missions, because it is not important to think a lot about it for the moment. As for the vehicles, there aren't only supercars. There are also lots of cheap cars like KIAs, Hyundais, Fords, e.t.c.

Finally you said you would like to contribute to the mod but what kind of stuff would you like to make exactly?

Bondergomme
  • Bondergomme

j'la Pologne pas

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 April 2015 - 11:00 PM

Well, I can modeling : Building, vehicles, vegetation, props

rendu_zps5ldkiodc.png

But I'm mostly into kitbashes vehicles

• Frank.s, universetwisters and baconwizard like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 22 April 2015 - 02:20 AM

^ Is that Germany? f*ck, that looks splendid. And yeah, at least with most kitbashers on here you don't have any red tape and consistent quality and the likes.

Kafonix
  • Kafonix

Furry pride!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 22 April 2015 - 05:04 PM

^ Is that Germany? f*ck, that looks splendid. And yeah, at least with most kitbashers on here you don't have any red tape and consistent quality and the likes.

Well, is it? I yet have to see such a beautiful landscape in Germany. Looks more like Italy for me.

• Leone Family and Inked_666 like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users