Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA IV Remastered

187 replies to this topic

Poll: A Remaster for Niko,Johnny and Luis (260 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you want a IV remaster for PS4/ONE?

1. Yes (206 votes [79.23%])

Percentage of vote: 79.23%

2. No (54 votes [20.77%])

Percentage of vote: 20.77%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 01 July 2017 - 03:53 AM

The bike physics just take some time getting used to. If you go speeding around corners you'll likely lose grip and fall off. They just require finesse. The Sanchez has some amazing handling IMO.

• B Dawg, universetwisters, thehambone and 2 others like this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

The new age of Bowling is here!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 01 July 2017 - 08:49 AM

People just gotta learn not to steer or accelerate when going over bumps.

• Payne Killer likes this

MattedSpam
  • MattedSpam

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 July 2017 - 09:37 AM Edited by MattedSpam, 01 July 2017 - 09:41 AM.

I agree...just tweak the character and bike movement and upgrade the presentation...not that GTA IV needs it...along with more customisation...while keeping the features that we all love about the game...mainly the artificial intelligence that's miles ahead of GTA V...and you have a fine version of Grand Theft Auto that will give GTA V a run for it's money...in terms of realism and feeling like you're in a city full of crime.

GTA IV is the definition of a GTA game in the HD universe.

Thank you for the reply.

GTA IV already destroys GTA V in terms of feeling like you're in a real city. A remaster would further embarrass GTA V. ;)

I agree...when I play GTA IV I feel like I am in a real city full of life and crime...I can't say the same thing about the cluster f*ck that is GTA V...just my opinion of course. ;)

I just want to clear up any confusion about my previous comments.

Character / Bike movement - Just tweak the movement to tighten the control on both the character / bike movement.  I have no problem with the character / bike movement when playing GTA IV, and as people have previously stated that it just requires some common sense to perfect. 

Like I said before, GTA IV is leaps and bounds better than GTA V in just about every department. Every time I play, I feel like I'm in a real city full of life and crime.

A great experience every time I play.   :cool:

The American Army 1775
  • The American Army 1775

Edward James Kenway

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 July 2017 - 12:41 PM Edited by The American Army 1775, 01 July 2017 - 12:41 PM.

People just gotta learn not to steer or accelerate when going over bumps.

And people gotcha learn that nobody falls that hard if they just touch something.

lol232
  • lol232

Rise From the Ashes

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 02 July 2017 - 05:28 PM

I wouldn't mind a slight graphics enhancement, but otherwise Rockstar should leave IV as it is. And I don't want them to "fix" the swingset glitch.

The swing set glitch is a huge part of GTA IV's identity IMO. I'd be shattered if they fixed it.

YEARS late but:
"Kay guise it's fixed"
*Rockstar receives and infinite amount death threads for it*
  • Algonquin Assassin likes this

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 02 July 2017 - 10:14 PM

Here are the only things I look for in a remaster of this masterpiece if that is ever happening:

-Fine tune the on-foot controls, specially regarding fire fights and using cover, they perfected that in V;
-Camera angle in cars should be focused on the cars, not the character;
-A graphical upgrade to be up to today's standards, nothing ridiculous as to not mess with the game's atmosphere, just deal with the blurry physics, add depth of field, and some other options;
-All DLC weapons available for all DLC games, implement a weapon wheel if needed but PLEASE: allows us to discard whatever weapon we don't want and remove the auto-pickup;
-Car and bike customization: Nothing fancy like LSC, just something simple to allow us to pick our own paintjobs(RGB scale should be ideal), paint the rims, tune up performance, lower the suspension and add window tints, vanity license plates, add/remove parts of bodywork that comes in variants, that is all I need.
-Car handling has been perfected in TBoGT, just keep it like that for all other games.
-Tweak the phone's sleep mode function so it doesn't ring after we had a mission done, only allow it to receive mission-relevant phonecalls, add a block function to all contacts;
Specific changes I want to see to a vehicle:
-Comet needs to change its drivetrain to RWD;
-Comet needs license plates;
-Comet also needs a proper sound for it's flat-six boxer engine layout.

Leave all other features as they are, just touch these I mentioned.
  • Neon_Dreaming likes this

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 02 July 2017 - 10:21 PM

Oh yeah, also:

-Add more random encounters(I'm not too sure about this one since it would require new voice acting and there's that whole issue with Niko's VA) I want to see more of Illyena Faustin and what happens to her, after Fautin's death her life turned for much worse;
-Add more girlfriends, I wish Niko dated Alejandra from that Internet Cafe.

HigorSm
  • HigorSm

Player Hater

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 02 July 2017 - 10:44 PM

-Car and bike customization: Nothing fancy like LSC, just something simple to allow us to pick our own paintjobs(RGB scale should be ideal), paint the rims, tune up performance, lower the suspension and add window tints, vanity license plates, add/remove parts of bodywork that comes in variants, that is all I need.

And a garage to save the vehicles, so the retarded drivers of LC don't push my rare vehicles out of the save area;

Also, another very small thing i would like to see in a remaster is randomly generated license plates, Rockstar planned this to the game but for some reason abandoned and added the 'Liberty City' license plate to all cars.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users