Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA IV Remastered

187 replies to this topic

Poll: A Remaster for Niko,Johnny and Luis (260 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you want a IV remaster for PS4/ONE?

1. Yes (206 votes [79.23%])

Percentage of vote: 79.23%

2. No (54 votes [20.77%])

Percentage of vote: 20.77%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Foffy
  • Foffy

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2015 - 02:25 AM Edited by Foffy, 22 April 2015 - 02:27 AM.

I would rather have Red Dead Redemption remastered, if only for an actual PC release, and to build up hype for the sequel which is apparently in development. That aside, I do get why people might want this to get a remaster; parts of the engine are really dated and chunky, and while the PC version is the definitive version of the game it still is plagued with these issues. It's not as bad as as VC and SA's ports, which had omissions and odd things missing when compared to the PS2 releases that the community is still restoring in 2015, but the fact IV can't even run at a constant 60fps on max, on modern machines, really says a lot on how it's busted.

I imagine the only way it'd get a remaster would be if it was for the games anniversary, the same way III, VC, and SA got updates for mobile phones. Rockstar seems like the company who needs an incentive, a kind of sincere point to update games, otherwise they don't really bother. You can see that between the world of quality difference between GTA V's enhanced edition and Sleeping Dogs' enhanced edition: the former somehow runs worse on greater hardware than its original version.

• Tomasak likes this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2015 - 03:11 AM

Just make it 1080p 60FPS and give us the ability to remove the filter like in PC and that is good enough.

Octane
  • Octane

Brother from another mother

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best GTA Topic 2015 [The Next DLC Discussion Thread]
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 22 April 2015 - 03:34 AM

If you literally don't have anything else to say then don't bother posting at all. You're not contributing to anything.

i think i'm making a statement, i stopped caring about V a time ago, they are giving all the content to online and i don't like it one bit, i would buy the IV remaster, as long as they don't touch the gameplay and remaster the graphics and the graphics only.

OT: nobody likes a wannabe mod.

Just because you stopped caring about GTA V doesn't mean Rockstar will listen to you and remaster GTA IV just because you got bored of a game.

• Tomasak likes this

Fisciletti
  • Fisciletti

Big Homie

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 22 April 2015 - 03:53 AM

We all know that one day there'll be a "definitive" GTA with all cities from the whole series. No need for a GTA IV remaster right now.

Alpha Demigod
  • Alpha Demigod

Don't argue with me, I assure you I'll win

• Members
  • Canada
  • Best Closet Brony 2016

Posted 22 April 2015 - 04:22 AM

In my opinion, I'd save the remake/remaster for its 10th anniversary.

Yeah, and it won't be a new version of the game like OP is saying...with new mechanics, character switching, first person, and all that sh*t. It'll just be a copy-and-paste of the game but with an upgrade so it runs on XB1/PS4 with better tech specs like a higher framerate and resolution. That's it. No fancy character switching or weapon wheels and whatnot.

• thehambone likes this

RushiAkimoya
  • RushiAkimoya

You Piece of Trash!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2015 - 05:20 AM

What is with this remastering era? Why does everyone needs remastered edition of 1 generation old game? It's hard to keep your old console or buy it on PC (if it is possible) and mod it? Only thing I understand is remastering for handhelds or mobiles. Play game from you childhood on the way to work or on vacation but not on f*cking big console. But if you really need to play old game with "new graphics" play on PC, download sh*t loads of mods, enbs etc.

It's not about that, IV deserves a second chance.

i agree with everything you posted except for the character switch. it wouldn't work because they weren't a team. niko and johnny  only worked together on one mission. and louis robbed them both. yeah they could pull it off but the game would be all over the place because their worlds and missions don't exactly coincide. it probaly wont be made untill 2018 for the 10 yr aniversery.

It can work, You start as Niko, depending on the missions passed, the game will tell you "You have unlocked a new character (Johnny)' you can switch to him IF you wan't. After Three Leaf Clover the game will tell you again "You Have Unlocked a New Character".You know what i mean.

No, absolutely not. The switching works in V, but not in IV. Niko's, Johnny's, and Luis's storylines cross paths indirectly more often than directly, and one usually ends up f*cking the other one over, whether they know it or not. So, from the perspective of the player, being able to switch directly between players that have almost nothing to do with each other except causing problems would not make sense. What if you tried to make them all meet up? Would they start shooting at each other? They're all pretty much enemies of one another, aren't they? (Niko and Johnny maybe not as much).

V is a differeny story. The plots of Michael, Franklin, and Trevor intertwine a lot, so being able to switch between them at the touch of a button makes sense.

Read my first post :)

Stoney0503
  • Stoney0503

Buster, Straight Buster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 22 April 2015 - 06:48 AM

I think the switching could work, for example, if you're in Three Leaf Clover, after you leave the bank, you have the choice to switch to Luis, starting TBOGT's story.

I also think Johnny should be unlocked very early in the story, sometime before the mission where you kill Jason (can't remember the mission name).

• TheOneLibertonian likes this

TheOneLibertonian
  • TheOneLibertonian

The Butcher of Blaviken

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 22 April 2015 - 07:12 AM

I think the switching could work, for example, if you're in Three Leaf Clover, after you leave the bank, you have the choice to switch to Luis, starting TBOGT's story.

I also think Johnny should be unlocked very early in the story, sometime before the mission where you kill Jason (can't remember the mission name).

That would be cool, but I don't how can we implement that. Since their stories happened overtime and we can not play every mission. That can work, but it'll be cool.

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 22 April 2015 - 07:21 AM

That would be cool, but I don't how can we implement that. Since their stories happened overtime and we can not play every mission. That can work, but it'll be cool.

It would require a lot of work for that to happen. If anything, at least they should meld the weapons, vehicles, radio stations, and map elements into one. :)

• TheOneLibertonian, Jeansowaty and RushiAkimoya like this

TheOneLibertonian
  • TheOneLibertonian

The Butcher of Blaviken

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 22 April 2015 - 07:27 AM Edited by The_Ghost, 22 April 2015 - 07:31 AM.

It would require a lot of work for that to happen. If anything, at least they should meld the weapons, vehicles, radio stations, and map elements into one. :)

The only thing I want for a remastered IV is the improved weapon wheel, car customization at Brucie's, probably some beta features that were not included in the final game, and touched up graphics to make it look a bit better, but still has that dark and gritty filter, since that made IV have it's own identity, at least one of them. I hope that it will be true to the original, and it still has the feel of Liberty City back in 2008. It would have lot's of work, but we know Rockstar is a top notch company, it's just people treat it as a sh*tty company after the release of V. We know they can make top quality games, and they have proved it a long time ago. 

I think it's too early to release a IV remaster, 2018 would be appropriate though.

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

DONT YOU WANT A 🅱ALLOON???

• The Yardies
  • None
  • 2nd Prettiest Snowflake 2017
    Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 22 April 2015 - 11:25 AM

Just because you stopped caring about GTA V doesn't mean Rockstar will listen to you and remaster GTA IV just because you got bored of a game.

i'm sure they will listen to me if money is involved and everyone else who's interested who has a wallet.

Gummy 
  • Gummy 

F*ck thyself

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 April 2015 - 01:01 PM

Bring the enhanced graphics, weapon and car customization, weapon wheel and a musical score from V, then it'll be the ultimate remaster.

• Stoney0503 likes this

mr quick
  • mr quick

VŚr tid er forbi - Europa brenner!

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Kenny G Enthusiast [All Time]
    Contribution [Music]

Posted 22 April 2015 - 02:42 PM

I think it's a stupid idea. The game isn't even that old

I didn't answer the poll because the options are completely idiotic. "Yes" or "No" would have sufficed but for some reason you went with putting words in people's mouths. 

• Android, MorsPrincipiumEst and thehambone like this

RushiAkimoya
  • RushiAkimoya

You Piece of Trash!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2015 - 07:45 PM

For the people who wonder how switching would work :)

Well You will start with Niko, after passing certain missions the game will give you a messege "A New Character Has Been Unlocked" you can switch to him and start his own story and you can return to Niko anytime you want, after Three Leaf Clover again the game will say "A New Character Has Been Unlocked" and again switch to him if you want to start his story. Like i said you can switch to whoever you want anytime. You can beat the story with one character but you wont get 100% completion because you didn't saw the other characters "eyes". (you can not switch during a mission that doesn't involved other protagonists)

• theGTAking101 likes this

Webster.
  • Webster.

Thug

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 23 April 2015 - 05:04 PM

I actually really want to play GTA IV on the PS4. I'm not entirely bothered if the graphics are modern or the same as the PS3 edition - I just want to play the game so badly man 

• Zello likes this

RushiAkimoya
  • RushiAkimoya

You Piece of Trash!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:22 PM

So far, People want a remaster of IV :)

• theGTAking101 likes this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:12 PM

Chances are it will end up on the PS store for download at least but it might be the same as the PS3 and 360 version.

GtaFanatik
  • GtaFanatik

Bank Robber

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:28 PM

GTA IV will get a graphic-wise remaster, nothing more. Michael Hollick will not do any kind of motion capture or new voice acting for first person mode or switch scenarios. Adding these features will lose the original feeling of the game. If it gets remastered I assume it will have sightly better textures, 4K support (which I guess it will be a standard in 2018) and new shaders for reflections, shadows and sun shades. It will not even will be upgraded to the new RAGE engine that V uses. Rockstar doesn't do this: They didn't updated III or VC to a new engine for the Xbox and mobile remasters and GTA:SA just only got new reflections (the system was ported from the LCS/VCS engine) and shadows. Just dont expect a huge change for this. 

If you want a little hope wait until GTA V gets fully cracked and wait for a V:LC mod, whoalá: Liberty City running in GTA V's Rage engine. 

Little Off Topic: I don't think that the game will eventually come to mobile plataforms. Sure we will have TegraXtreme devices, Snapdragon 1510 decacore, Exynos HUGE.atomiclittle 5mm proccesors for 2018, but GTA IV will be around 18gb remastered so I don't think that we will have a mobile GTA IV anytime soon. I expect it for Xbox One though. Just like GTA SA did some months ago for the 360. 

• thehambone likes this

RushiAkimoya
  • RushiAkimoya

You Piece of Trash!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:36 PM

GTA IV will get a graphic-wise remaster, nothing more. Michael Hollick will not do any kind of motion capture or new voice acting for first person mode or switch scenarios. Adding these features will lose the original feeling of the game. If it gets remastered I assume it will have sightly better textures, 4K support (which I guess it will be a standard in 2018) and new shaders for reflections, shadows and sun shades. It will not even will be upgraded to the new RAGE engine that V uses. Rockstar doesn't do this: They didn't updated III or VC to a new engine for the Xbox and mobile remasters and GTA:SA just only got new reflections (the system was ported from the LCS/VCS engine) and shadows. Just dont expect a huge change for this. 

If you want a little hope wait until GTA V gets fully cracked and wait for a V:LC mod, whoalá: Liberty City running in GTA V's Rage engine. 

Little Off Topic: I don't think that the game will eventually come to mobile plataforms. Sure we will have TegraXtreme devices, Snapdragon 1510 decacore, Exynos HUGE.atomiclittle 5mm proccesors for 2018, but GTA IV will be around 18gb remastered so I don't think that we will have a mobile GTA IV anytime soon. I expect it for Xbox One though. Just like GTA SA did some months ago for the 360. 

What if R* works something out with Mr. Hollick?

zuckmeslow
  • zuckmeslow

Writer/Director

• Members
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:51 AM

We do need a gta 4 remastered.

1080p and 60 frames would benefit the game and be possible with new gen technology. Gta 4 is already a beautiful game

This atmosphere needs to be seen again
4106_gta4_screenshot.jpg
  • ryd3r007, Journey_95, Zello and 1 other like this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:53 AM

What if R* works something out with Mr. Hollick?

Pay him enough money he would do it. We all have a price.

• RushiAkimoya and Vaultboy1942 like this

SuperGTFan
  • SuperGTFan

Big Homie

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 01 May 2015 - 10:36 PM

We do need a gta 4 remastered.

1080p and 60 frames would benefit the game and be possible with new gen technology. Gta 4 is already a beautiful game

This atmosphere needs to be seen again
4106_gta4_screenshot.jpg

Wow , priceless 😍😍😍

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 02 May 2015 - 12:51 AM Edited by Militia, 02 May 2015 - 12:51 AM.

I actually really want to play GTA IV on the PS4. I'm not entirely bothered if the graphics are modern or the same as the PS3 edition - I just want to play the game so badly man 

And there is your problem.  Getting rid of a PS3 or Xbox 360, cuz it's "older" than a PS4 or Xbox One.

How to play ALL GTA Games?  Keep your consoles or get all the PC Versions, etc.  There is no need to cut out half of the Series due to being stupid and getting rid of said machine which will play the games you're missing out on.

For instance, if my Backward Compatible PS3 would ever die on me, I would buy a PS2 and a PS3 Slim.  The PS2 for III, VC, SA, LCS, and VCS.  The PS3 for IV, TLaD, TBoGT, and V.  All 9 of these GTA's currently play on my BC PS3 but things don't live forever.  Things do die out eventually, but if it dies, I'll still be able to play my GTA's.  I won't move on and forget about them and then make posts on the forum about wishing I could play them :p

I also have Chinatown Wars for iOS and San Andreas, too.

• thehambone, RushiAkimoya and Vaultboy1942 like this

toxluv
  • toxluv

男の子は泣かない

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Italy

Posted 02 May 2015 - 02:04 AM

When playing a game, graphics are the last thing I consider; as a kid I played as a rectangle that was supposed to be a snake, and had a lot of fun anyway. Grand Theft Auto IV doesn't need a remaster in my opinion, and the same can be said about Red Dead Redemption. On the other hand, Grand Theft Auto V did because the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360's hardware didn't give enough justice to the ambition Rockstar Games put in the game. Actually, I'm still surprised to see how Rockstar Games managed to get things work in such a smooth way.

However, if Rockstar Games ever decides to re-release Grand Theft Auto IV and Red Dead Redemption in the same way as Grand Theft Auto V, I will surely buy it. I'm also confident we'll see a 10th Anniversary Edition for all the aforementioned games, but I just don't like to play video games on a touchscreen mobile phone.

• MorsPrincipiumEst and thehambone like this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 May 2015 - 07:41 AM

Going back to this question, personally, if they were to remaster it, I would hope they get rid of the LCPD patrol cars driving around New Alderney, and replace them with proper ones. For example the NASP, ACPD, and TPD. Furthermore they should remove any LCPD, etc signage as well.

• thehambone likes this

TheOneLibertonian
  • TheOneLibertonian

The Butcher of Blaviken

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 03 May 2015 - 07:46 AM

A remaster? Nah, just wait for 2018 dude. 

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 May 2015 - 07:55 AM

A remaster? Nah, just wait for 2018 dude. 

It's probably the year they may do this. :)

• TheOneLibertonian likes this

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 03 May 2015 - 03:39 PM

I only fear that the remaster might turn IV into something different than what we have now.

J Cobra
  • J Cobra

The truth hurts

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 03 May 2015 - 04:01 PM Edited by J Cobra, 04 May 2015 - 04:05 AM.

Don't get what the big deal is with wanting to see LC with V's graphics I think it's just me but IV's graphics look better than V's

11rcheg.jpg

I mean just look at that it still looks good after 7 years

2hczuxv.jpg

20fuk9i.jpg

Updating IV's Liberty City with V's graphics would just be a downgrade

You either don't have GTA V or need your eyes checked. GTA IV looks a computerized comic book compared to GTA V.

Anyway, It came out a gen ago. It makes no sense to remaster it, right now. Maybe in 7-10 years from now, but not now. If you can't wait get a PC so you can Mod the graphics.

RushiAkimoya
  • RushiAkimoya

You Piece of Trash!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2015 - 05:51 AM

IV deserves a second chance.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users