Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA IV Remastered

187 replies to this topic

Poll: A Remaster for Niko,Johnny and Luis (253 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you want a IV remaster for PS4/ONE?

1. Yes (201 votes [79.45%])

Percentage of vote: 79.45%

2. No (52 votes [20.55%])

Percentage of vote: 20.55%

Vote Guests cannot vote
RushiAkimoya
  • RushiAkimoya

You Piece of Trash!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 April 2015 - 07:28 PM

If Rockstar wants money, they'll do it.

Stoney0503
  • Stoney0503

Buster, Straight Buster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 20 April 2015 - 07:30 PM

If Any company wants money, they'll do it.

FTFY.

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Spam Commando 2017
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]

Posted 20 April 2015 - 07:52 PM

What is with this remastering era? Why does everyone needs remastered edition of 1 generation old game? It's hard to keep your old console or buy it on PC (if it is possible) and mod it? Only thing I understand is remastering for handhelds or mobiles. Play game from you childhood on the way to work or on vacation but not on f*cking big console. But if you really need to play old game with "new graphics" play on PC, download sh*t loads of mods, enbs etc.

• thehambone likes this

SmokesWithCigs
  • SmokesWithCigs

recovering addict

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 April 2015 - 08:12 PM Edited by SmokesWithCigs, 20 April 2015 - 08:14 PM.

i agree with everything you posted except for the character switch. it wouldn't work because they weren't a team. niko and johnny  only worked together on one mission. and louis robbed them both. yeah they could pull it off but the game would be all over the place because their worlds and missions don't exactly coincide. it probaly wont be made untill 2018 for the 10 yr aniversery.

SmokesWithCigs
  • SmokesWithCigs

recovering addict

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 April 2015 - 08:22 PM

Adding things like planes and an explorable ocean would be far out of scope for a "remaster" IMO. If GTA IV were to get one I'd expect freshened up visuals, tighter mechanics and maybe minor game play features like GTA V's snapmatic.

better car and clothes customization too  and more activies in safe houses.  oh and the ability to call strippers for bootycalls(heh, heh)

Octane
  • Octane

Brother from another mother

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best GTA Topic 2015 [The Next DLC Discussion Thread]
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 20 April 2015 - 08:40 PM

Grand Theft Auto IV Remastered

This game needs a remaster, not only will it improve lots of thing from the game itself, but we can play it on the new consoles and even PC can get the remaster.

What will it have? well, it can get V's gameplay elements just as Weapons Wheel, Character Switch between Niko,Johnny n Luis, weapon customization, vehicle customization, Fix of all the continuity errors that vanilla IV had, V's graphics will be implemented, Underwater exploring, Planes could come as part as well, Military could be implemented, Driving will get fixed but not as V's but more of the two "balanced", the characters itself remastered and finally GTA Online could be implemented.

Will Rockstar even make money from this? Come on guys a IV remaster? who would't buy such a masterpiece.

How will the character wheel work? Well You will start with Niko, You can beat the story with one character but you wont get 100% completion because you didn't saw the other characters "eyes".

This is all i can think of for now, we need a IV remaster.

Exactly what would there be to explore in the f*cking ocean? Trash?

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 April 2015 - 08:45 PM

Ratman's hideout

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 21 April 2015 - 09:44 AM

Ratman's hideout

Vlad's corpse?

da_KING
  • da_KING

Mentor

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2015 - 11:18 AM

It doesn't need the remaster. What it needs it's an true optimization update.

• Tomasak, theGTAking101, J Cobra and 1 other like this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 21 April 2015 - 11:35 AM

It doesn't need the remaster. What it needs it's an true optimization update.

Yes to the motherfu*king T! :)

Octane
  • Octane

Brother from another mother

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best GTA Topic 2015 [The Next DLC Discussion Thread]
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 21 April 2015 - 12:34 PM

And also why would there millitary, even if this is fictional, where do you see a millitary base in New York?

RushiAkimoya
  • RushiAkimoya

You Piece of Trash!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 April 2015 - 02:25 PM Edited by Rard-Life, 21 April 2015 - 02:25 PM.

What is with this remastering era? Why does everyone needs remastered edition of 1 generation old game? It's hard to keep your old console or buy it on PC (if it is possible) and mod it? Only thing I understand is remastering for handhelds or mobiles. Play game from you childhood on the way to work or on vacation but not on f*cking big console. But if you really need to play old game with "new graphics" play on PC, download sh*t loads of mods, enbs etc.

It's not about that, IV deserves a second chance.

i agree with everything you posted except for the character switch. it wouldn't work because they weren't a team. niko and johnny  only worked together on one mission. and louis robbed them both. yeah they could pull it off but the game would be all over the place because their worlds and missions don't exactly coincide. it probaly wont be made untill 2018 for the 10 yr aniversery.

It can work, You start as Niko, depending on the missions passed, the game will tell you "You have unlocked a new character (Johnny)' you can switch to him IF you wan't. After Three Leaf Clover the game will tell you again "You Have Unlocked a New Character".You know what i mean.

Stoney0503
  • Stoney0503

Buster, Straight Buster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 21 April 2015 - 03:24 PM

And also why would there millitary, even if this is fictional, where do you see a millitary base in New York?

There's no military base in GTA III and the Army still appear, it would be pretty cool if the army did come after you, but the NOOSE are good enough.

SuperGTFan
  • SuperGTFan

Big Homie

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 21 April 2015 - 03:32 PM

There's no military base in GTA III and the Army still appear, it would be pretty cool if the army did come after you, but the NOOSE are good enough.

thehambone
  • thehambone

Don't remind me of home Or I might notice where I am

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 April 2015 - 07:06 PM

It's not about that, IV deserves a second chance.

It can work, You start as Niko, depending on the missions passed, the game will tell you "You have unlocked a new character (Johnny)' you can switch to him IF you wan't. After Three Leaf Clover the game will tell you again "You Have Unlocked a New Character".You know what i mean.

No, absolutely not. The switching works in V, but not in IV. Niko's, Johnny's, and Luis's storylines cross paths indirectly more often than directly, and one usually ends up f*cking the other one over, whether they know it or not. So, from the perspective of the player, being able to switch directly between players that have almost nothing to do with each other except causing problems would not make sense. What if you tried to make them all meet up? Would they start shooting at each other? They're all pretty much enemies of one another, aren't they? (Niko and Johnny maybe not as much).

V is a differeny story. The plots of Michael, Franklin, and Trevor intertwine a lot, so being able to switch between them at the touch of a button makes sense.

• Ya Boy Punk Fan likes this

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

The Visionary

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 21 April 2015 - 09:31 PM

GTA IV on PC is pretty much the same as a remastered Liberty City compared to the console version. If they re-released the complete edition on a PS4 with graphics comparable to maxed settings on PC though I would definitely buy it. I would also be very surprised if they didn't bring Liberty City into GTA Online at some point in the future.

• Hover_Mode likes this

thehambone
  • thehambone

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 April 2015 - 10:08 PM

Yeah, if Rockstar were to tweak the graphics a bit, I wouldn't mind. What I don't want is for them to f*ck with the game mechanics.

dognuts
  • dognuts

take2 i need to install a naked tracy mod please

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2015 - 10:15 PM Edited by TheKillerDonuts, 21 April 2015 - 10:15 PM.

Ultra PC graphics for an Xbox One/PS4 release would make me happy.

• thehambone and Ya Boy Punk Fan like this

aleex96
  • aleex96

Prankster

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 21 April 2015 - 11:10 PM

No. At least not in the V way.

Nico
  • Nico

Do you think you can tell?

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 21 April 2015 - 11:47 PM

I think IV will receive a remaster in the 10th anniversary, but I'm sure they won't waste too much resources on it. Nowadays they don't remember IV with the same love they remember SA or V. They're amused of thinking "If we make a deeper story-wise game we will show how much we improved".

They showed a great improvement, but most people in the GTA community never appreciated it.

Talking about the possible "remaster", I would love to see an overhaul of the PC version, making a "real" optimization for the game.

Pumpkin Zone
  • Pumpkin Zone

パンプキン

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 22 April 2015 - 01:08 AM Edited by Pumpkin Zone, 22 April 2015 - 01:09 AM.

lol

it was released one console generation ago

just stop, please

Yeah, because they definitely didn't remake GTAV (a last gen game) for next gen consoles.

MEANWHILE:

The Last of Us Remaster
Devil May Cry Remastered
Sleeping Dogs
Tomb Raider
Saints Row
Borderlands Collection
Metro
Halo MC Collection

Too many to freakin' count. On top of that, think back to how many re-releases they had on the 360/PS3 that were from the Xbox/PS2 era. Don't cover your eyes to the amount of times this has been done, even by Rockstar themselves.

That being said we probably have a better chance of Liberty City being released for GTAV/GTAO than a GTAIV remake. Although I would kill for it, with a Chinatown Wars-esque vibe and features thrown in.
  • Ya Boy Punk Fan, The Deadite, RushiAkimoya and 1 other like this

Android
  • Android

gas exists

• Facade Corporation
  • NATO
  • The Congressional Medal of sh*tposting
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]
    Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 22 April 2015 - 01:12 AM

It's just not necessary right now. They're focusing on GTA V and the Online portion of the game.

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2015 - 01:24 AM Edited by Zello, 22 April 2015 - 01:26 AM.

They should just port it over and MAYBE maybe tweak the graphics a little bit

I just want IV on my PS4

• Roger Cheeto likes this

Android
  • Android

gas exists

• Facade Corporation
  • NATO
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]

Posted 22 April 2015 - 01:27 AM

You people aren't really entitled to anything, though. If a "remaster" is in the works, then they'll have to either scrap the original MP mechanism in the game and use something similar to GTA O, or just not have multiplayer at all. It'll cost money to port.

• thehambone likes this

Android
  • Android

gas exists

• Facade Corporation
  • NATO
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]

Posted 22 April 2015 - 01:36 AM

If you literally don't have anything else to say then don't bother posting at all. You're not contributing to anything.

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 22 April 2015 - 01:51 AM

People claim for a remaster that isnt really needed. Just to make clear, i would love to see IV hit the PS4 and XB1 systems, not for the graphics upgrade or new mechanics, but just for the sake of playing IV on a new console. Like when i used to play PS1 games in my PS2, no upgrades at all, but the same game.
It would be cool to see a few more peds and traffic here and there, and all the features some of you posted here.. But IV is a sweet ass game the way it is. Just give me some way to play it on the newer consoles and we re fine.
  • Tomasak, Octane, Zello and 2 others like this

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

COUNSELOR!! COME OUT WHEREVER YOU ARE!!

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 22 April 2015 - 02:07 AM

If you literally don't have anything else to say then don't bother posting at all. You're not contributing to anything.

i think i'm making a statement, i stopped caring about V a time ago, they are giving all the content to online and i don't like it one bit, i would buy the IV remaster, as long as they don't touch the gameplay and remaster the graphics and the graphics only.

OT: nobody likes a wannabe mod.
  • Zello, fefenc and RushiAkimoya like this

fefenc
  • fefenc

All are equal no discrimination, Son of a Gun, a simple equation

• BUSTED!
  • Brazil

Posted 22 April 2015 - 02:09 AM

Modders will port IV in V, so the mod will be called IViV lol

I can't imagine an oversaturated Liberty City

Android
  • Android

gas exists

• Facade Corporation
  • NATO
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]

Posted 22 April 2015 - 02:10 AM

I'm not against an IV remaster. I just believe it is unnecessary at this time. In the future I would probably have a newer console that the remaster would most likely release on. IV's Liberty City is by far my favorite rendition of any state or map that Rockstar has created. I would love to see it with updated graphics,

OT: congratulations

• Tomasak likes this

thehambone
  • thehambone

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2015 - 02:14 AM Edited by thehambone, 22 April 2015 - 02:21 AM.

lol

it was released one console generation ago

just stop, please

Yeah, because they definitely didn't remake GTAV (a last gen game) for next gen consoles.
Rockstar didn't "remake" GTA V for current-gen consoles. The game was being developed for PS4 and Xbox One in parallel to PS3 and Xbox 360 versions. That's like saying that GTA IV was "remade" for PC because it came out 9 months after Xbox 360 and PS3.

People claim for a remaster that isnt really needed. Just to make clear, i would love to see IV hit the PS4 and XB1 systems, not for the graphics upgrade or new mechanics, but just for the sake of playing IV on a new console. Like when i used to play PS1 games in my PS2, no upgrades at all, but the same game.
It would be cool to see a few more peds and traffic here and there, and all the features some of you posted here.. But IV is a sweet ass game the way it is. Just give me some way to play it on the newer consoles and we re fine.

I'm sure it'll be available on the PS Store eventually as a "PS3 Classic" or some sh*t. That's why the later PS3s and current-gen consoles aren't backwards compatible -- so games from older consoles can be resold on the current-gen market. It's a load of sh*t if you ask me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users