Quantcast

» «
Photo

Any problems with the PC version? Post them here.

527 replies to this topic
KidBosnian
  • KidBosnian

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 April 2015 - 04:19 AM Edited by KidBosnian, 15 April 2015 - 04:33 AM.

a83660fabd443cbd6ab82dfc7e1b9f55.png

PLEASE HELP ME. I am literally about to kill myself. I have waited an eternity and now I can't play it. I have tried installing it on a different user account and nothing happens its just the same bullsh*t. PLEASE somebody help. Is there a workaround? I have tried numerous things, but failed. Its been two days and I am going insane. If there is any estimation to when a fix for this problem is going to happen, please let me know!

Hollistupid
  • Hollistupid

Expert Voice Crack Analyst

• Members

Posted 15 April 2015 - 04:35 AM Edited by Hollistupid, 15 April 2015 - 04:37 AM.

My problems with stuttering and out of memory (RAM) have been solved.  Solution was to turn on drive page file for the drive my GTAV install is on.

Gom
  • Gom

Looking forward for a better PC

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 April 2015 - 04:59 AM

My game just don't get past through the loading story mode screen, spend more than 20 min waiting and just get stuck there

I played 10 hours straight without any kind of these problems, now it just don't load for me

Any suggestions?

SkittyM
  • SkittyM

Ar-test

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 April 2015 - 05:39 AM

The main issue I get is the LOD one, where driving a car through city makes road, buildings dissapear or be replaced with LODs (the only quick fix is to press esc wait a second and then press esc again, so textures load up). The other thing that I noticed was that after computer was off for a while and then turned back on again the game seemed to have minimised LOD issue (no more dissapearing roads, buildings, or low res textures). Unfortunately after an hour or two the problem came back.

Common problem I heard about a lot of times and I assume your sound sometimes skips. Like on my PC. That's an issue Rockstar needs to fix really quickly. It's so annyoing.

Yeah I now read on reddit some users also have it and it ranges from low end to high end pc's. Now I cannot test it but some people said to try disable Shadowplay, enable v-sync (or disable it) and set GTA V priority to high in task manager. Also if anyone is getting weird mouse lag, stutter while turning to the right side, change raw input to direct input in mouse options.

This solution seems to have fixed my pop-in issue, and increased my FPS, thank you soooo much. :D <3

Hollistupid
  • Hollistupid

Expert Voice Crack Analyst

• Members

Posted 15 April 2015 - 05:42 AM Edited by Hollistupid, 15 April 2015 - 06:28 AM.

Ugh- GTA Online issues.  I keep getting disconnected from online sessions and am unable to join heists.  When I get disconnected from a free roam it says "... left game" for all the previous players in a roll of death fashion.  Additionally, when I try to join a heist it will say "an unknown error occurred for connection" or very similar.  Any help?  If you don't have any issues and used portforwarding to improve NAT type what ports did you use?  I'm using a Technicolor TC83505C wireless gateway from xfinity.

baton
  • baton

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Russia

Posted 15 April 2015 - 06:02 AM

The Rockstar update service is unavailable.

Cant run game online and offline, but i found solution by downloaded ali213 offline patch, it work with online too.

Ewok626
  • Ewok626

Hustler

• Members

Posted 15 April 2015 - 07:14 AM Edited by Ewok626, 15 April 2015 - 07:15 AM.

My game is crashing on the mission where you have to get Michael's daughter off of the ship. It has crashed 5 times in a row as I am about to complete the mission.

My specs:

i5 3570k

gtx 970

8gb ram

256 gb ssd.

jimmyriddler
  • jimmyriddler

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 April 2015 - 07:31 AM

If you get the error 'ERR_GFX_D3D_INIT' (it immediately gives this after launching - see spoiler), then chances are something went wrong during the installation of the latest patch. I googled a bit, and stumbled upon this link: https://mega.co.nz/#...AGq2KVzGNcsT3Z0

Install that one, and it might fix your issue.

I started getting the ERR_GFX_D3D_INIT error after playing for several hours and found the solution, simply run GTAV_Setup_Tool.exe and select 'Repair'. It takes about 5-10 seconds and problem solved!

RomanBOY123
  • RomanBOY123

Snitch

• Members
  • Russia
  • Best Screenshots 2012 [GTA IV vs GTA V]

Posted 15 April 2015 - 07:41 AM

Hi everyone. 

I've bought a physical copy of GTA V and I have been inslalling the game from yesterday morning.

Now, after installing all patches, I came to another problem. My system is:

Processor Core I7 3630QM

RAM 16GB
and Videocard - Intel HD 4000 with AMD HD 7970M 2GB.

The problem, that when I launch GTA V, RGSC is loading and show me a massage "Unexpected Error". I found out that this issue appears due to Dual Graphics. 
When I turn off one of  cards and starting the game, RGSC says smth like "Directx9 initialization is not possible" (it shows on Russian). 

Maybe someone found a way how to make the game run with Dual (AMD and Intel)?

Thanks!

Mulder.
  • Mulder.

Player Hater

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 15 April 2015 - 07:56 AM

Hi everyone. 

I've bought a physical copy of GTA V and I have been inslalling the game from yesterday morning.

Now, after installing all patches, I came to another problem. My system is:

Processor Core I7 3630QM

RAM 16GB
and Videocard - Intel HD 4000 with AMD HD 7970M 2GB.

The problem, that when I launch GTA V, RGSC is loading and show me a massage "Unexpected Error". I found out that this issue appears due to Dual Graphics. 
When I turn off one of  cards and starting the game, RGSC says smth like "Directx9 initialization is not possible" (it shows on Russian). 

Maybe someone found a way how to make the game run with Dual (AMD and Intel)?

Thanks!

I have the same issue, and I couldn't do anything :( It seems that they doesn't care about the "laptop gaming community"... :( Maybe they'll fix this in some days...

Gegon45
  • Gegon45

///M

• Members
  • Isle-of-Man

Posted 15 April 2015 - 08:29 AM

Hello, problem with Social club launcher,

I installed the game on my main hard drive, but noticed that it got slower because it only had about 10gb space left, so I moved the game over to my second hard drive. Everything was working when it was on main, but after I moved it, it wont start. The Social Club launcher starts up and logs in then it jumps to downloading game even tho its already installed. I moved over the whole Rockstar map with everything included, but SC thinks the game isnt installed. Anyone know how this can be fixed?

lubo
  • lubo

Eh?

• Members

Posted 15 April 2015 - 09:03 AM Edited by lubo, 15 April 2015 - 09:07 AM.

My problems with stuttering and out of memory (RAM) have been solved.  Solution was to turn on drive page file for the drive my GTAV install is on.

Hm thanks. And how do i try this exactly mate? Is it not on by default?

I tried googling but im not too sure.

kadajacs
  • kadajacs

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 April 2015 - 09:04 AM

The issue in getting is that when I try to launch the game from steam, I get an error saying "failed to start game(unknown error)". This happens whether I choose story or online. I have done a fresh install, deleted the steam appcache, ran in admin and not got a funny windows username. I am at work so cant post full pc specs but i know it is above the minimum as i checked that. Anyone else having this and worked out a solution.

Earleys
  • Earleys

Snitch

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 15 April 2015 - 09:38 AM

Another issue I had was Social Club constantly crashing my game, which then gave me the following error: 'you have logged out because your account has been logged in elsewhere'. I kept retrying and hoping it would stop giving me this error, but it didn't.

What does seem to solve it is to add all GTA V exe files (from your installation folder) + the social club exe (in the Social Club folder) to your firewall exception list. I was able to play for over an hour now, while I used to crash like every 5-10 minutes.

going to try that  :)

after 10 mins of gameplay froze and crashed again...

Yeah, I also had some troubles again today. Seems like it stops crashing if you keep retrying (I run it as Administrator), but I guess my solution doesn't really solve it then. Sorry. :(

one55
  • one55

Nigguh!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 15 April 2015 - 09:52 AM

mine crashed last night completely. also keep getting white flashes on the screen as though something is glitching out. A LOT of stuttering. 

absolutely terrible performance near any grass. can completely half the frame rate. becomes unplayable.

simon285
  • simon285

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 April 2015 - 10:01 AM

Another issue I had was Social Club constantly crashing my game, which then gave me the following error: 'you have logged out because your account has been logged in elsewhere'. I kept retrying and hoping it would stop giving me this error, but it didn't.

What does seem to solve it is to add all GTA V exe files (from your installation folder) + the social club exe (in the Social Club folder) to your firewall exception list. I was able to play for over an hour now, while I used to crash like every 5-10 minutes.

Yeah, I also had some troubles again today. Seems like it stops crashing if you keep retrying (I run it as Administrator), but I guess my solution doesn't really solve it then. Sorry. :(

BTW did you open a ticket on rockstar support? 

Earleys
  • Earleys

Snitch

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 15 April 2015 - 10:04 AM Edited by Earleys, 15 April 2015 - 10:06 AM.

BTW did you open a ticket on rockstar support? 

No, but there are a few others who did, so I think I'm just gonna see what answer they receive. 

https://support.rock...ed-in-elsewhere

https://support.rock...ding-story-mode

etc.

(right now my game has been running for like almost 30 minutes without crashing, after trying to start it for the tenth time or something. :p)

SpartakPT
  • SpartakPT

Player Hater

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 15 April 2015 - 10:24 AM Edited by SpartakPT, 15 April 2015 - 10:26 AM.

Running the Steam version, freshly downloaded about 5 hours ago (redownloaded)

GTAVLauncher.exe stopped working due to an BEX64 error

PlayGTAV.exe along with several GPU/DX-related DLLs missing entirely

sh*t doesn't start. Redownloading did not add PlayGTAV.exe and/or any missing DLLs.

I have the same problem.

Steam purchase. Pre-downloaded. I tried to make it work in the past 29 hours, but it didn't work. Launcher crashes, no matter what I do. I tried literally everything (except downloading files from shady sites.) 

Then I did notice that the playGTAV.exe  file is missing. There is a chance that other files are also missing. I have no idea.

I don't know, but I have a feeling that the missing file causing the crashes, since my computer is up to date and it's "strong" enough to handle the game.

I have ATI Radeon video card though, so don't know about that neither. (Yes, I installed the latest GTA support released ATI driver.)

I see many people complaining about missing files. How do we get those files? 

1. It seems there is a problem wen you have more than 1 GPU working independently (mainly in laptops as far as I now)

2. If this is the case, have you tried to disable your main GPU (GTX 770M in my case) and wen the loader passes "the error part" enable it again?

3. It works for me, although it seems this doesn't allow my system to perform as it should....but at least I can play.

4. Hope I could help, anyone have another solution? the one I gave works but doens't seem to be the most friendly for the "system's health"

5. I already asked Rockstar and Nvidia for support, no answer yet :\

(Sorry for any english grammar mistake:p )

EDIT: I think that the playGTAV.exe doesn't exist at all in the steam version, only in the Warehouse one. Can anyone confirm this?

MatCampbell
  • MatCampbell

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 April 2015 - 10:47 AM

I'm getting these annoying judders/stutters even at 60 fps when the game has been on for 25 minutes or more. I seems to get worse the longer i spend in-game, and eventually it happens when just walking about :cry:

Is anyone having problems like this? is there a fix?

$[email protected]

Posted 15 April 2015 - 10:51 AM

770 gtx owner here

no visual bugs apart from reflections on the road being out of whack while going up hills its mirrored in the wrong direction

Biggest bug for me is online keeps of freezing then crashing randomly

Padres84
  • Padres84

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Poland

Posted 15 April 2015 - 10:53 AM

HI,

Anyone had issue with infinite loading screens in prologue:

https://rockstarsupp...59b6881009b930f

Anotic
  • Anotic

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 April 2015 - 11:05 AM

I'm getting these annoying judders/stutters even at 60 fps when the game has been on for 25 minutes or more. I seems to get worse the longer i spend in-game, and eventually it happens when just walking about :cry:

I get these aswell, the longer I'm in-game the worse it gets. 

I thought it might have been my GPU getting a little hot, but every time I check it's sitting at normal temp...

• DentureDynamite likes this

J_hallin
  • J_hallin

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 April 2015 - 11:49 AM

How did you do this?

8Moshe8
  • 8Moshe8

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Israel

Posted 15 April 2015 - 12:24 PM Edited by 8Moshe8, 15 April 2015 - 12:31 PM.

I downlowded the game from Steam, when I selected the Story mode and the game should have start the "display manager" immediately rebooted and the video of the game disappeared and I had an error massage:

-    ERR_GFX_D3D_INIT that said: "failed initialization. Please reboot and restart the game. Try reinstalling the game if this persists."   -

Well it presists, I reinstalled the game and verfied the game cache in Steam (of course after rebooting my computer...) it doesn`t works i have that error massege again and again.

I tried to fing a solution for that error on YouTube and some forums but nothing I found there worked for me, I was surprised to find that actually that error is preatty much popular across other players...

Here are my computer parametters (which are far higher than the minimum and recomended):

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3570K CPU @ 3.4Ghz-3.8GHz   8GB RAM

Graphic Card: GeForce GTX Series 660

I downlowded the latest drivers from Nvidia site (the special one to run GTA V)

please someone HELP ME to solve that problem or say when the next bugfix update will occur.

I want to play that awsome game so much, I have waited for it for so long time :* and now this bugs are so frustrating...  

Sorry for my poor languege.

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 April 2015 - 12:30 PM Edited by ..GhosT, 15 April 2015 - 12:30 PM.

I downlowded the game from Steam, when I selected the Story mode and the game should have start the "display manager" immediately rebooted and the video of the game disappeared and I had an error massage:

-    ERR_GFX_D3D_INIT that said: "failed initialization. Please reboot and restart the game. Try reinstalling the game if this persists."   -

Well it presists, I reinstalled the game and verfied the game cache in Steam (of course after rebooting my computer...) it doesn`t works i have that error massege again and again.

I tried to fing a solution for that error on YouTube and some forums but nothing I found there worked for me, I was surprised to find that actually that error is preatty much popular across other players...

Here are my computer parametters (which are far higher than the minimum and recomended):

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3570K CPU @ 3.4Ghz-3.8GHz   8GB RAM
Graphic Card: GeForce GTX Series 660

I downlowded the latest drivers from Nvidia site (the special one to run GTA V)

please someone HELP ME to solve that problem I want to play that awsome game so much, I have waited for it for so long time :* and now this bugs are so frustrating...  

Sorry for my poor languege.

Google for the hash checker, and check for corrupt files. Delete said file, download it via the launcher. That fixed it for me!

J_hallin
  • J_hallin

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 April 2015 - 12:38 PM

I thought it might have been my GPU getting a little hot, but every time I check it's sitting at normal temp...

Same issues here. My cpu and gpu are not even being worked hard and I have plenty of memory. Dont know what it could be.

Steam_Blushark
  • Steam_Blushark

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Portugal

Posted 15 April 2015 - 12:44 PM

Hi guys! 

I have trouble launching the game. It shows me this error:

uJREIUB.jpg

I've tried countless "fixes" but none of them work. I have an HP Pavilion DV7 with CPU i7-2670QM @2.20GHz, 8GB of RAM, GPU AMD Radeon HD 6740M 2GB GDDR5 and the game is installed in my SSHD (internal).

The fixes I tried involved turning the dedicated GPU off and on; check sum the files (none are corrupt); installed the latest AMD drivers;

I also tried letting the Intel HD run for a while (with the AMD off) and game launched, but super laggy.

If someone is/was on the same situation as mine and already can launch the game with no worries, please contact me. There are hundreds of us that get this error and can't launch it. Seems to be specific problem to Notebook users, but the NVIDIA ones managed to get a temporary fix when they turn the GPU off/on, not the AMD case though. 

Vorpal4
  • Vorpal4

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Denmark

Posted 15 April 2015 - 12:50 PM

I can play storymode. Online I can only play solo, invite and closed sessions. I have entered 3 public games so far without crashing at load screen and I was alone in all of them before they finally crashed too.

I bought game from steam and I transferred progress on Social club from ps4 to pc. Another thing is I cannot swap chars online. My second char cannot enter the game, chrashes every time.

lenfam
  • lenfam

Player Hater

• Members
  • England

Posted 15 April 2015 - 01:20 PM

I can play singleplayer on high settings smoothly but I cannot play multiplayer. I have to relaunch like 20 times for it to work, every other time it just gets onto the loading screen and says an unexpected error has occurred. Really frustrating.

SadBoy2015
  • SadBoy2015

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 April 2015 - 01:38 PM Edited by SadBoy2015, 15 April 2015 - 01:38 PM.

guys help me pls

my game crash every 2-15 min

i5 4670

8gb

gtx780

normal settings crash to and safe mode :( pls help

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users