Quantcast

» «
Photo

Any problems with the PC version? Post them here.

527 replies to this topic
Sonny3787
  • Sonny3787

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2016 - 04:40 PM Edited by Sonny3787, 17 February 2016 - 04:40 PM.

Things to check:

- background processes hogging memory
- CLEAN driver install (delete/uninstall ALL nvidia related software/drivers - install latest driver)
- dodgy/slow HDD?

-No background processes at all

-I always do a clean driver install, I've tried 350.12 GTA 5 driver, latest Jan 2016 and a few others

-Well, it's the only thing left to check (or upgrade). I have 1 TB version

http://www.seagate.c...68-6-1101gb.pdf

Bought an SSD today, installed the system and the game to it and nothing has changed.

WTF? I mean, as of now, this sh*t lags like IV and looks much more unoptimized than IV. I really don't know what to do now because I've tried everything already.

ikt
  • ikt

_

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2016 - 07:03 PM Edited by ikt, 17 February 2016 - 07:05 PM.

When I plug in a controller or turn on my Xbox 360 controller, the game always freezes temporarily, runs again, (with the controller working) and then freezes again, a bit longer this time. After that it works normally with no problems. Does anybody know why this is happening and can I prevent it? I quite often start the game again after the controller's been powered down already.

PC runs GTA V fine nearly maxed out (no AA except FXAA) at 1080p averaging 65~ FPS.

i5 4690K @ 4.5GHz, 8GB DDR3, R9 390 8GB. OS runs on a SSD, GTA V on a HDD.

Also when I'm in the countryside and go to LS I get stutters, but I guess this is more due to a modded game loading its resources from other places on the HDD.

Sonny3787
  • Sonny3787

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2016 - 07:43 PM

Things to check:

- background processes hogging memory
- CLEAN driver install (delete/uninstall ALL nvidia related software/drivers - install latest driver)
- dodgy/slow HDD?

-No background processes at all

-I always do a clean driver install, I've tried 350.12 GTA 5 driver, latest Jan 2016 and a few others

-Well, it's the only thing left to check (or upgrade). I have 1 TB version

http://www.seagate.c...68-6-1101gb.pdf

Bought an SSD today, installed the system and the game to it and nothing has changed.

WTF? I mean, as of now, this sh*t lags like IV and looks much more unoptimized than IV. I really don't know what to do now because I've tried everything already.

Set reflections to normal (which were high) and it looks like the problem is solved. So now I have textures, shaders and water set to high, FXAA on and DSR x1.5, quite smooth 60, finally I can enjoy this game!

_MK_
  • _MK_

JRod

• Members
  • None
  • Best Vehicle [Snap] 2016
    Best Scenery [Snap] 2015
    Best Filtered [Snap] 2015

Posted 02 March 2016 - 06:19 AM Edited by _MK_, 02 March 2016 - 06:24 AM.

This is really weird,the random shut downs are back ! it has been more than a month since this has happened,and been playing just fine since then,haven't changed one thing with the system,not one,ugh.

Also I'm getting this after the shutdown when starting the game:

hj5LLWT.png

whitewizardg
  • whitewizardg

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 March 2016 - 10:04 AM

So I just bought this game 2 days ago and it ran great, 60 fps, no drops, no stuttering.

Then today I saw Nvidia had a new video driver out, so I installed it and now the game starts at 60 fps and whenever I move the game freezes for a split second and the fps drops to 15-25, it is constant, I have reinstalled my drivers, the game and even changed to settings to low, and nothing seems to fix it.

I read on Steam to turn off any razer/realtek programs and thatll fix my problem- didnt

I read that pressing alt/enter 2x will fix it, didnt

I reinstalled the game and drivers, didnt help

Ive done a few other things that I found online like changing the DX version in the settings file in the GTA folder to 0, didnt help, I have been trying solutions all day and I just cant get this game to run the way it did the day I got it (which was 2 days ago lol) 

I have the non-steam version

My pc specs are

GTX 970 4gb 
I5-4690 3.5 ghz
16 GB Ram
Win 10

•  

MightyMax
  • MightyMax

Playa

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 02 March 2016 - 04:38 PM

someone have fix this issue?you can on cheat rainy weahter for see lines grid under grass puddles

9bB4ZrQ.jpg

_MK_
  • _MK_

JRod

• Members
  • None
  • Best Vehicle [Snap] 2016
    Best Scenery [Snap] 2015
    Best Filtered [Snap] 2015

Posted 04 March 2016 - 07:17 AM Edited by _MK_, 04 March 2016 - 01:40 PM.

Finally got the random shutdowns to stop,resetting BIOS and not applying any OC profiles did it.

ah damn it,it's back,guess i have nothing left to do but to do a complete format.

astrolord1234
  • astrolord1234

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 May 2016 - 08:30 PM

Hello, I recently installed GTA 5 and modded it, with several mods, including menyoo, enhanced trainer, etc. 

Suddenly my radio won't work, even if i press the radio buttons it doesn't even show up, the audio in start/settings/radio section works though.

Also the TV does not work, the screen is just black. Need the TV to complete a mission and blow the phone up...

Can anyone help?:(

customkingpimp
  • customkingpimp

I am happy

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 May 2016 - 01:42 AM

Hello, I recently installed GTA 5 and modded it, with several mods, including menyoo, enhanced trainer, etc. 

Suddenly my radio won't work, even if i press the radio buttons it doesn't even show up, the audio in start/settings/radio section works though.

Also the TV does not work, the screen is just black. Need the TV to complete a mission and blow the phone up...

Can anyone help? :(

start uninstalling mods until the problem is resolved. 

fxchannel
  • fxchannel

FxGaming

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 09 May 2016 - 05:34 PM

all people just goes out of my lobby everytime i am on a plublic lobby.... its so anoying. 

My internet connection its fiber and i way above the asked to run smooth, also made all changes and reseted the modem and keeps on for a month now... : (

Jamila
  • Jamila

Player Hater

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 22 May 2016 - 12:54 PM

I can't make the change appearance glitch work. It can't log back in on the Social Club, once I disconbect and then reconnect to the internet. I am playing through Steam on pc. Any suggetions on what might work?

Emin Riba
  • Emin Riba

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 May 2016 - 09:39 AM

Does any one know hot to play the gta v offline. Because my GTA V is not connected with social club. I h've tried to verify the GTAVLauncher.exe and download playGTAV.exe but still problem cause. playgtav.exe shows "sorry, gta v isn't installed on this system. please reinstall the game and try again.

what is actually reffering. I don't get the point.

FilipCRO
  • FilipCRO

I ❤ Vice City

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 26 May 2016 - 04:58 PM Edited by FilipCRO, 26 May 2016 - 05:00 PM.

all people just goes out of my lobby everytime i am on a plublic lobby.... its so anoying. 

My internet connection its fiber and i way above the asked to run smooth, also made all changes and reseted the modem and keeps on for a month now... : (

Take a look at this thread !!

http://gtaforums.com...ll-of-a-sudden/

I had the same problem as you, and I solved it.

gotb00st86
  • gotb00st86

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 June 2016 - 02:01 AM

I started having this issue last night where I go to start GTA V and the Launcher comes up and after 5 seconds the screen goes black and then nothing happens. I tried deleting and reinstalling the game and still having this issue. The game has worked fine up till this point last night.

jaegerman
  • jaegerman

Lost MC - Patched Member

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 01 June 2016 - 05:03 AM

I started having this issue last night where I go to start GTA V and the Launcher comes up and after 5 seconds the screen goes black and then nothing happens. I tried deleting and reinstalling the game and still having this issue. The game has worked fine up till this point last night.

It happens to me if i press any button while GTA 5 loads, then it crashes

TBloemink
  • TBloemink

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 09 June 2016 - 08:07 AM

Oh well, let's try the apparently inevitable forum joy of troubleshooting.

When launching the game, I get a windowed black screen. I hear the siren intro, I hear the loading screen music, but all I see is black.

My NVIDIA GeForce experience set some settings like full screen, the game hasn't started in full screen for the past months.

I recently reinstalled windows 10, and it worked, it stopped working a while ago, haven't found a solution yet.

My specs are fine, that is not the problem. My drivers are up to date as well. I am dying to know what the problem is. Any suggestions?

xbryamem1
  • xbryamem1

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 09 June 2016 - 08:35 PM

so i downloaded script hook v. scripthookvdotnet and also open iv but when i decide to download a mod off gta mods it doesn't download as a file it downloads as a page and when i click on it. its just a bunch of random symbols how do i fix this would love some help

•  

shadowlink1174
  • shadowlink1174

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by shadowlink1174, 2 weeks ago.

Please Help: Err_gfx_d3d_init
I just recently got this game on Steam, after checking my PC specs on systemrequirementslab.com and I got the green light for minimum as well as reccommended. I have a Geforce GTX 1060 6gb,Intel® Core™ i7 CPU X 980 @ 3.33GHz, 12gb of ram.

But I am contstantly getting the error Err_gfx_d3d_init

It doesn't appear to be a specific encounter that crashes the game, like how some people report that it happens every time they hit Esc, as I can hit Esc and bring up the menu without an error. After a lot of looking online through forums other people have created, I attempted a lot of other "fixes".

For instance, I have tried running the game in all of the dx modes, dx 10, dx 10.1 dx 11, and still get the error. I have tried moving, d3dcompiler_43.dll and d3dcsx_46.dll, as well as deleting and reinstalling, and just deleting without reinstalling the dll files. Still got the error everytime. 
I have triple checked that my Graphics Drivers are up to date, and resinstalled the latest Visual C++. I have reinstalled the game twice. I have even flashed my BIOS to the newest update, to no avail. 

I have also reinstalled the game, again, as instructed but the error continues to appear at random times, often 5-10 minutes into gameplay. I have read elsewhere that perhaps it could be my GPU running hot, but it would crash even at 38 °C. so I do not believe that to be the issue. My computer should be able to handle the game, as I meet the recommended requirements, so I am unsure as to what is causing the problem.

Rockstar suggeested that I Completely Disable GeForce experience, Close FRAPS, Close ALL GPU software, Run Game As Admin, Disable Vsync, Disable Onboard graphics in the BIOS, Run The game in window Borderless, Disable ShadowPlay
However, While it added the amount of time I could play, after about 20 minutes, it still crashed with the same error code. I have successfully closed all of my gpu software, uninstalled GeForce experience completely, removed all overlays. Vsync is off, along with almost every setting that I could turn off. My Motherboard does not have onboard graphics either.

From what I can gather, all of the forums have "fixes" relative to their specific computer and have different solutions to fix their error. Hopefully you can help me figure out what is going wrong on mine. Thank you for the help.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DXDiag: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_ptURBLbLBOZ1BKS3FjSWtKRkE

Msinfo32: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_ptURBLbLBOS0lLZEJRc1lVOW8

Launcher Log: https://drive.google...dEZZWkcwSW4yc00

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users