• Spuds725

Drunk on Power

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 14 April 2015 - 05:53 PM

ROCKSTAR PC SUPPORT

+++++++++++++++++

Buglist With Solutions--  These are in no particular order and will be added to as time permits-- please be patient--- if you want to add solutions to known problems-- post in this thread-- please be as detailed as possible concerning the problem and please link back to the source of your solutions.

NOTE-- realize this is a work in progress-- if the PC version is anything like the console versions-- even with delayed release and extensive testing, there is going to be some bugs.... if a solution does not work for you and you find an alternate solution to your problem. Please post back.

Also-- I will try and update this regularly but I do have a life outside GTAF (Wife, Kids, Dogs, Full time job, etc).... it can be several days before I can update this.

Thanks for your patience

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Problem #1 

I get an infinite loading screen at the Social Club Launcher Screen. 

KNOWN SOLUTIONS:

Reinstalling social club fixed this problem for me.

Got mine working now !!!

Did the following 

Start Menu  > Documents > Rockstar Games > Social Club > Profiles

There was a folder in Profiles named 2547AC96. I deleted this folder.

Made sure there was any active GTAVLauncher.exe in task manager.

Restarted with Steam and it let me activate the game.

No idea if this will work for others but good luck  :)

I have found this, maybe helps someone   Infinite loading on Rockstar Social Club

Rockstar's advice: "If you are stuck loading, auto-signin may have failed. Press the Home key and see if you can log in manually."

If that doesn't fix it it seems that Social Club is struggling with launch demand. Repeated tries can get you in, but it's not likely to ease off until the demand reduces or Rockstar bolsters the system.

I think you probably have special characters in your windows account profile (like @& è ù etc..)

It happened to me.

I found two solutions :

The R* one is the simplier but just felt terrible to me is to create another account then try and download the game from this newly created account (containing not a single special character of course..)

The second one is to make a junction between your current MyDocuments file to another one with question marks (?) instead of accents. I'll try and translate the original post from "elkahiman" on "jeuxvidéo.com" :

-If you already tried to install the game, move the Rockstar Games folders from c:\users\yourNameWith?InsteadOfAccents into the right profile and delete the repertory with "?" in it.

-Windows + R then enter "cmd" then click OK.

-Once you're in the DOS window (black one with white text for beginners), type (be sure to put your profile name after users\ ): mklink /j c:\users\[email protected]@[email protected] c:\users\profileWithSpeci?lCh?r?cters

-Then, restart the launcher

It seems I have some save issues after that manipulation though, but since I only want to play Online at the moment, I don't really care..

Hope it will help some of you guys  :)

And please excuse me for my English  :/

I don't know if this helps, but you might try this:

1. close steam and make sure no gta executables are running (playgta.exe or gtalauncher.exe etc)

2. relocate your "documents" folder, usually C:/users/"yourusername"/Documents, to another disk or just straight to your C drive.

3. delete the containing your social club folder that is located in the "/Documents/Rockstar Games/Social Club/Profiles" folder. (it is named some random numbers and letters) PS. Not sure if this step is actually necessary!

4. Start steam and launche GTA V. It worked for me, and i hope it will work for you  :)

Happy gaming ^^

Run as admin worked for me too:

1. Right click on GTA V launch icon
  2. Left click on: "Run as administrator"

Edit: This was for a retail PC DVD install on Windows 8.1 Pro.

I got it working, i created another windows profile, opened the game on it and it worked, i then moved back to my original windows profile and did what is on this video  , got the game running ok, only problem now is infinite loading in history mode.

Alright, I got it working (nonsteam 64 bit version) by creating a second Windows account without any specific language letters (like å, ą, ǫ̈) and then launching the game with admin rights on this new account. Just after doing so I got a 5gbs update (55 gbs outta 60 installed) which might be caused by this. I hope it works for at least some of you.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Problem #2

Game Freezes at same point in story, Every Time

Solution:

I just registered to post the solution, I had the same problem.

Check this, download a checksum checker software and check your files.

http://www.reddit.co..._zlib_call_fix/

I had one corrupt, so I deleted it and downloaded again, now it works!   

Source

+++++++++++++++++++++

Problem #3

I get a "Corrupt Game Data" error.

Known Solutions:

++If you're on Steam, right click it in your Library>properties>Local Content>verify integrity of game cache.

If you're not using Steam or it doesn't work, it seems the only thing you can do is delete the game files and download it again. It might do it automatically if you just try to download/install the game.

SOURCE

++This is probably too late for OP to use this, but since this is on the first page of google search results for the issue I thought I'd respond to this. You can actually repair GTA V without Steam. There's an option to repair the game in the GTA V setup tool.

++All you need to do is create a new shortcut on your desktop for GTALauncher and edit the target to be:

"C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto V\PlayGTAV.exe" -verify

I am trying it right now, and i'll post if it helped at all. It did verify my files and started downloading a quite sizeable update.

PS. I am using the disc version
SOURCE

++As a Last Resort-- Reinstall the game 

+++++++++++++++++++++

Problem #4

Video lags or stutters

Solution #1

This solution may only work for those with Nvidia video cards but might help others. If you have the latest driver for your video card and you updated it from a previous version, you may want to delete the driver and do a fresh install of the latest video driver rather than just update it.

SOURCE

Solution #2

With the game running, Press Left Alt/Enter to enter a Windowed play Screen. Press Left Alt/Enter again and the stutter/lag should be gone.

Source:  meen  in THIS POST

Solution #3

If the problem occurs only when you are using the "self" radio (playing your music vs the games)-- Put the actual music on seperate physical hard drive or use a thumb drive for your music files-- paste shortcuts to the music files in your USER music folder.

Source-- THIS POST

Solution #4

GTA V has got a small memory leak that at some point can make the game stutter as hell, that's because of is using paging space instead of RAM--  My solution was to use two paging files in two HDD or SSD so the reading speeds are better (I've got 8gb RAM and two paging files of fixed 1024mb on a 6gb/s HDD and 512mb on a 5gb/s HDD, no stutter at all with the in game settings near maximum.

Source: YOEL_44 in THIS POST

Additional notes by Spuds for Solution #3-- I did some additional research on this as well as exchanged a few PMs with YOEL_44 for some clarification on this. For those that are not aware, a paging file is a just another name for "Virtual RAM" -- a part of your hard drive that your RAM utilizes-- Please click on the spoiler button below to see some of the added information before doing this.

Spoiler

+++++++++++++++++++++

Problem #5

Character Models have weird horizontal lines all over their skin

Known Solutions:

This solution may only work for those with Nvidia video cards but might help others. If you have the latest driver for your video card and you updated it from a previous version, you may want to delete the driver and do a fresh install of the latest video driver rather than just update it.

SOURCE

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Problem #6

During the mission "Blitz Play" and Several other missions (including Caida Libre and Paleto Score) the game freezes during the mission(s) when the game switches automatically. The crash occurs during the ZOOM OUT/ZOOM IN that occurs when the game switches between characters. If the playable characters are close enough to each other, they can safely switch without the crash occurring since the game will not do the ZOOM OUT/ZOOM IN transition. 

Solution 1:

It has been reported that using the "throwable items" (Sticky bombs, grenades, etc) contributes to the crash. Besides NOT USING them, a solution was posted where you can use them via the "quick throw" option when you have another weapon selected--- to do this--- select the throwable but don't throw it, Select another (non throwable) weapon and then you can "quick throw" the throwable item by using the "G" key.... See VIDEO if you don't understand what quick throw is--- SOURCE

Solution 2:

If your "Start up Screen" is disabled in your settings (so the game loads up without you selecting what you want to play)-- Re-enable this in your settings-- SOURCE

Solution 3:

If either of the above does not work-- this has been reported as a fix for this--

"Go to: C:\Users(your name)\Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA V\Profiles(profile folder)
Now delete the following two files:
cfg.dat
pc_settings.bin
Now load the game up, adjust your brightness settings and controls, DO NOT GO INTO THE "Saving and Startup" menu.

Physical Work Around for Blitz Play:

During the setup of this mission you need to Park the getaway car so when the call is made and the automatic switch occurs-- this will prevent the game from doing the Switch Character Transition where the game zooms out from one character and then zooms in to the other and gets you past the Crash. If you have already parked the car-- you can go back and move it before starting the mission.

SOURCE

The above has a few places to park the car but some people have reported the transition still occuring-- I imagine because the positioning is relatively precise... thankfully this guy posted a video of where he parked the car and showed where he drove so the transition doesn't "zoom out"... he recorded the mission part as well.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Problem #7

Game crashes immediately after opening in Single Player

Solution/Work Around:

In this reported Solution-- the game worked fine for about a day after installation. Then the next day it would crash right after starting up. 

Work Around discovered-- Start the game into Online Mode-- if the game operates ok in Single player- Try switching to single player from online mode to single player-- this work around worked in the below thread.

SOURCE

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Problem #8

No sound (No sound effects, music, voice. etc)

Solution #1

Reinstall your sound card driver.

Solution #2

For some reason, changing the video resolution fixed this after trying everything else including a reinstall.

source: PokeItWithASpork

Solution #3

Download & Install DirectX End-User Runtime -- this is available from Microsoft HERE

source: Lomi79 in THIS POST

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Problem #9

When loading up your game from the Shortcut you get the following message "We're sorry - Game executable path not found. Please reinstall the game". see picture below

Picture

Solution

Right click the shortcut and select "Run as Administrator" depending on your user access rights you may or may not need an Admin password.

Source

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Problem #10

Textures are missing or loading slowly when driving fast (or not) even after a fresh install of the video drivers.

Solution:
Run the game, go back to windows, show the process manager with ctrl+shift+esc keys, locate GTAV.EXE (sort by %cpu if you can't see it) then right click on it and set priority to high (on win 8/8.1 you will need to select show more details to access the option).

This may help with other performance issues as well.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Problem #11
Crash at game startup for Computers with NVIDIA Mobile GPU's but it may apply to any GPU that piggy backs off of an integrated adapter.

Solution:

I was finally able to get it working by going into the bios and setting the GPU to discreet and OS detect to disabled. I then launched Windows (7) and it came up in VGA mode. now WAIT.. Windows will redetect the GPU and reload it's drivers.. KEEP WAITING. Check the taskbar and see if the new hardware wizard is running. LET IT FINISH. This took about 5-10 min and it redetected everything once more and loaded the drivers. REBOOT! It will not tell you to reboot unless you are watching the install wizard but once it loads up the drivers, make sure to REBOOT

Launched GTA and it worked the first time. 

This may not help you, but if you have a mobile GPU wih intergrated video it's worth a try. 

Here's a screenshot (not mine) of the bios screen you are looking for. Please bump this if it works for you so others can find it. -Nex

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Problem #12

Game takes a long time to load-- Using my own music in game and I have a large music library

Solution: 

Turn off autoscan for music-- 

If you are doing like many have always done with music and just copied shortcuts into the GTA Music folder plus you have a large library (20k+), you will probably want to turn off auto-scan for music.  I have ~90k song shortcuts in the folder and it's on a 4TB Seagate Barracuda.  If I leave auto-scan on it takes literally 5 or more minutes to load the game because auto-scan is going through every file in there on a mechanical HD.  So all you do is turn it off and then just run a quick scan and go back into the game while it runs, this way you aren't waiting.

So if you are getting insane load times and you have a huge music library, especially using shortcuts/mechanical HD, turn off auto-scan to get your load time closer to normal.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Problem #13

GTA V PC exits unexpectedly with error codes as shown below

I

[2015-05-01 16:39:08.234] [DISPLAY] Accepted argument: '-verify'
[2015-05-01 16:39:08.826] [DISPLAY] Using DPI 96
[2015-05-01 16:39:08.859] [DISPLAY] File version 10000:15e0001 (for D:\Asennukset\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V\GTA5.exe)
[2015-05-01 16:39:08.874] [DISPLAY] File version 10001:50008 (for C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Social Club\socialclub.dll)
[2015-05-01 16:39:08.874] [DISPLAY] File version 10000:15e0001 (for D:\Asennukset\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V\GTAVLauncher.exe)
[2015-05-01 16:39:08.890] [DISPLAY] Version: |1.0.350.1|1.1.5.8|1.0.350.1|FSP
[2015-05-01 16:39:09.333] [DISPLAY] OS version: Major: 6, Minor: 1, Build: 7601, Platform: 2
[2015-05-01 16:39:09.451] [DISPLAY] Social Club initializing...
[2015-05-01 16:39:09.719] [DISPLAY] Attempting to create device...
[2015-05-01 16:39:09.719] [DISPLAY] Attempting to initialise DX9 COM object...
[2015-05-01 16:39:09.719] [DISPLAY] Window size: 690 x 496
[2015-05-01 16:39:09.781] [DISPLAY] Successfully created DX Device!
[2015-05-01 16:39:14.911] [DISPLAY] Launching game...
[2015-05-01 16:39:14.911] [DISPLAY] (path: D:\Asennukset\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V\GTA5.exe cmdline: "D:\Asennukset\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V\GTA5.exe")
[2015-05-01 16:39:14.927] [DISPLAY] Game exited with code -1073741515
[2015-05-01 16:39:14.927] [ ERROR ] Unable to stat out-file!
[2015-05-01 16:39:14.927] [ ERROR ] ************************************************************************
[2015-05-01 16:39:14.927] [ ERROR ] * Setting error condition
[2015-05-01 16:39:14.927] [ ERROR ] * Category:  1 (ERROR_CATEGORY_LAUNCHER)
[2015-05-01 16:39:14.927] [ ERROR ] * Code:      1 (LAUNCHER_ERR_INVALID_OUTFILE)
[2015-05-01 16:39:14.927] [ ERROR ] * Extra:     
[2015-05-01 16:39:14.927] [ ERROR ] * Localised: Launcher error.  Code: 7 
[2015-05-01 16:39:14.927] [ ERROR ] ************************************************************************
[2015-05-01 16:39:14.927] [ ERROR ] Unable to read out-file!
[2015-05-01 16:39:14.927] [ ERROR ] * Setting error condition
[2015-05-01 16:39:14.927] [ ERROR ] * Category:  5 (ERROR_CATEGORY_EXIT_CODE)
[2015-05-01 16:39:14.927] [ ERROR ] * Code:      5 (c0000135)
[2015-05-01 16:39:14.927] [ ERROR ] * Extra:     
[2015-05-01 16:39:14.927] [ ERROR ] * Localised: Grand Theft Auto V exited unexpectedly.  

Please click Retry below to enter the game again, or click Safe Mode to launch the game with reduced graphics settings.  

Solution: 

Hi, I finally solved a problem without re-installing the whole game. 

So, open your GTA V main folder where the game is installed -> delete everything but those large "x64.rpf" files (maybe just move them (everything else) to somewhere like your desktop just to make sure you don't lose them if something goes wrong) -> open Steam -> right click Grand Theft Auto V in your game library -> properties -> Local Files -> Verify integrity of game cache... -> wait until it's done and it has downloaded those missing files. 
That's what I did. I didn't want to download the whole game again. With this method you only have to download like 80 mb or something like that.

Hope this helped!  :)

Source:  necksonn   in  THIS THREAD

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Problem #14

After upgrading my OS to Windows 10, my game takes an insane amount of time to load up or doesn't load up at all.

Solution:

Set the priority of GTAV.EXE process to high by one of the following methods...

Solution 1:  In Task Manager (each time the game starts)-- Start the game. After you hear the Siren and see the Rockstar Logo on the game intro (Do not do it before this).

Bring up your task manager. Find the GTAV.EXE process and right click on it. Select "Priority"> Set to "High".

Solution 2:  Create a "batch" file to launch the game and set priority of the game to high automatically. Launch the game with the Batch file each time.

See Spoiler Below-- Original Source from Steam Community

Spoiler

Solution 3:  Edit your systems registry to automatically launch the game in high priority each time.  

Warning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall the operating system. GTAFORUMS cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk. ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR REGISTRY BEFORE EDITING.

For instructions on Editing your registry open the spoiler below-- ORIGINAL SOURCE FOR INSTRUCTIONS-- REDDIT

Spoiler

Thanks to texporter for bringing up these solutions he came across in this thread 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Problem #15

I am not receiving a phone call from the cab company as Franklin to complete a private fare or Properties not calling for missions.

Solution:  (from THIS THREAD)

I decided to write this up because I've been experiencing this for months now and I've finally discovered a workaround. In case you're out of the loop, this glitch basically renders property missions impossible to complete because the properties simply never call you no matter what you do. This also makes it impossible to get the All's Fare in Love and War trophy/achievement.

I scoured the internet looking for a possible fix and came upon several different solutions but none that worked/were possible for me to do. One of these solutions mentioned buying the towing company, doing a towing mission, and then eventually receiving a call from Downtown Cab Co.. Unfortunately, I already bought the towing company so I thought I was out of luck.

I then realized that there are other properties that call you for missions and decided to experiment with those. In order for this method to work, you will need at least ONE of the following properties available for purchase:

• Hookies
  • LSPD Auto Impound (towing company)
  • Pitchers
  • Smoke on the Water
  • Tequi-la-la
  • The Hen House

Hopefully you will have at least one of these available. Tequi-la-la is probably the one most of you won't own as it costs 2 million dollars to purchase.

IMPORTANT NOTE: I should preface this by saying I personally did this on PS4 and before I completed any of these steps, I cleared my cache (rebuilt database) and restored my console to default settings. How this is done will vary from system to system, but I figured I should mention it in case it is somehow required for any of this to work although I doubt it is.

As this guide is centered on getting the All’s Fare in Love and War achievement/trophy, all of these steps must be completed while playing as Franklin and you must have already purchased the Downtown Cab Co. property. Feel free to try it with Michael if you're concerned about his cinema missions.

You will need an internet connection for steps 8 and 9.

Lastly, I would recommend turning the auto-save feature off as it's infamous for causing game-breaking issues and will make this process easier. I personally kept the auto-save feature on but ran into some issues which were fixed by reloading an older quick save I had.  

Here are the steps you need to follow:

1) Load any save data where you have at least one of the above properties available for purchase. We will refer to this old save as "OS",

2) Create a quick save in a brand new slot. You can do this by going into your phone, selecting the quick save app, and then selecting "Create New Save (x/15)". We will refer to this new save as NS,

3) Load NS by going into the start menu and slecting the GAME tab and then selecting "Load Game",

4) Go to one of the above properties and purchase it,

5) Drive around for a few seconds until you get the text message from the property (you should also probably drive around a bit after getting the text message just to be safe and let the game register the purchase),

6) Load OS. You will now notice that the property you just purchased on NS is available for purchase again since you are back on OS (don’t worry, this is all part of the plan),

7) Now go to your game saves and delete NS (you may choose to keep this save if you like, but I chose to delete it to keep my saves less cluttered and not to confuse it with OS),

8) Use the D-pad (or whatever button/key you use to bring up the character select wheel) and select your online character,

9) Once you are online, you don’t have to do any missions or anything (at least I didn’t have to). I stayed in my apartment for about one real-time minute. After a minute passes, go to the start menu and go to the ONLINE tab. Select “Leave GTA Online”,

10) You will automatically go back to single player as Franklin on your OS. I ended up getting the cutscene where he’s stuck in traffic. Drive around for about a minute and hopefully you will get a call from Downtown Cab Co.

I suspect that it may be possible to get a call/text from one of the other properties you may own as Franklin, such as Smoke on the Water. If this occurs you can try:

• Reloading OS
  • Going online and then into story mode again
  • Repeat the steps above all over again.
  • You can also just complete the mission you are given from another property and drive around some more to see if you’ll eventually get a call from the Downtown Cab Co.

The beauty of this method is that you have unlimited attempts at it as long as you have at least one of the properties available since you are always creating a new save and then deleting it afterwards. That being said, I only had to do the steps above once. Now I receive calls from all my properties (on Franklin at least, haven’t tried Michael or Trevor yet). This also seems to have fixed certain random events that wouldn’t spawn such as the armored trucks and wallet robberies!

I hope this works for you. I’ve tried so many different things but doing all of the above finally fixed this issue for me once and for all. I'm going to continue to try and test certain methods and update this guide if necessary.

If you don’t have any of these properties available for purchase, I’m sorry  :( Hopefully Rockstar will actually fix the issue so none of this is even necessary.

Thanks for reading!

Posted in THIS THREAD by TheRedMaverick

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Problem #16

I am getting a NAT too Strict or any other connectivity issues (ie lag) when on GTAO

Solution:

Verify you have forwarded the correct ports to your PC's local IP address-- the PC will have to have a static IP address on your network.

According to https://support.rock...Strict-NAT-Type

The required ports for GTA PC are

TCP Ports: 80, 443
UDP Ports: 6672, 61455, 61456, 61457, and 61458

For a walkthru on how to forward ports on YOUR router--  http://portforward.c...routerindex.htm

To use this site--

Click on YOUR  Router brand (example: Netgear) (close the ad that pops up when you click this link)
Click on YOUR Router model number

Click on Grand Theft Auto V

On this page should be screenshots of YOUR router--- follow the walkthru-- in addition to the ports specifiied on this page-- also forward ports TCP (or TCP/UDP)  80 and 443 following the same directions as above...

When done adding ports--- be sure to click on the Save/Apply button to change the settings...
  • lpgunit, RedDagger, Red Hat and 1 other like this

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner
    Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    Quotable Notable Post of the Year 2016 ["sup"]
    Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 15 April 2015 - 01:12 PM Edited by RedDagger, 15 April 2015 - 01:19 PM.

For problem #1, infinite loading at Social Club screen, multiple people have had success with running the game as Administrator.

source: bigwave, Winzzahh

Also, multiple people have got it working by

creating a second Windows account without any specific language letters (like å, ą, ǫ̈) and then launching the game with admin rights on this new account.

source: iAmNotShock, Uktranghyr

nextonex
  • nextonex

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 April 2015 - 02:18 PM

I was having the crash when loading GTAV both before the social club screen (disabled GPU trick to get past this) and after the social club screen. I was able to fix the issue by changing the integrated video mode in the BIOS. I detailed it here.

http://gtaforums.com...and-mobile-gpu/

For problem #1, infinite loading at Social Club screen, multiple people have had success with running the game as Administrator.

source: bigwave, Winzzahh

Also, multiple people have got it working by

creating a second Windows account without any specific language letters (like å, ą, ǫ̈) and then launching the game with admin rights on this new account.

source: iAmNotShock, Uktranghyr

I resolved this part by reinstalling the social club

https://support.rock...icles/200146066

zepman79
  • zepman79

Engineering Gamer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 April 2015 - 11:13 AM Edited by zepman79, 17 April 2015 - 11:16 AM.

Quick tip.

If you are doing like many have always done with music and just copied shortcuts into the GTA Music folder plus you have a large library (20k+), you will probably want to turn off auto-scan for music.  I have ~90k song shortcuts in the folder and it's on a 4TB Seagate Barracuda.  If I leave auto-scan on it takes literally 5 or more minutes to load the game because auto-scan is going through every file in there on a mechanical HD.  So all you do is turn it off and then just run a quick scan and go back into the game while it runs, this way you aren't waiting.

So if you are getting insane load times and you have a huge music library, especially using shortcuts/mechanical HD, turn off auto-scan to get your load time closer to normal.

isamu1024
  • isamu1024

Player Hater

• New Members
  • France

Posted 17 April 2015 - 07:30 PM

Problem : Textures are missing or loading slowly when driving fast (or not) even after a fresh install of the video drivers.

Solution : Run the game, go back to windows, show the process manager with ctrl+shift+esc keys, locate GTAV.EXE (sort by %cpu if you can't see it) then right click on it and set priority to high (on win 8/8.1 you will need to select show more details to access the option).

Without that odd trick, playing with my GTX 760 is impossible

--V--
  • --V--

A Walking Invite Only Session

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 April 2015 - 05:51 PM

Game crashes at some character swaps.

Missions: Blitz Play, Caida Libre, Paleto Score and that's my progress.

Fixes for Caida Libre: You have to destroy the van with a granade launcher or a rocket launcher, not sticky bombs.

I don't know about the Paleto Score. Anyone?

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize
  • Best Official Gang 2016 [Zaibatsu]
    Best Poster [Sports] 2016
    Worst Tits 2016
    Worst Tits 2015
    Best Poster [Sports] 2015
    Best Poster [Sports] 2014
    Worst Tits 2014
    Last ever poster in a public area on the old forum
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 20 April 2015 - 10:55 PM

Problem: When loading up your game from the Shortcut you get the following message "We're sorry - Game executable path not found. Please reinstall the game". see picture below

TyS3az6.png

Solution*: To avoid having to the reinstall the game (and serious rage issues of having to install all 7 disks + DLC extras), right click the shortcut and "Run as Administrator" instead, depending on your user access rights you may or may not need an Admin password.

*(applicable to Windows 7 Professional 64bit, may or may not work with other versions, untested)

mishorar
  • mishorar

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Georgia

Posted 22 April 2015 - 02:28 PM

ok i found solution for "Unable to initiate communication to Rockstar Servers"

it seems only way to fix it is reinstall windows there's something what block's online mode.

i tried to scan for viruses and stuff, but it fixed only after os reinstall.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Drunk on Power

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 24 April 2015 - 12:28 AM

it seems only way to fix it is reinstall windows there's something what block's online mode.

This seems to be a bit extreme-- I found something regarding this a while back--- let me see if I can find....

//edit//

http://gtaforums.com...in-offline-mode in the 3rd post, he recommends deleting the hosts files-- it might be a better idea to look at my post in that thread to reset the hosts' files.....

This problem isn't really the same as the one you described but resetting the hosts files may solve the problem you are experiencing due to what they do.

Other possible solutions--- checking your DNS settings on your router/PC and see where your DNS is being set from--- if your ISP DNS is not up to date then it could prevent connection... you can switch your DNS to googles  https://developers.g...eed/public-dns/

It is also possible you need to open/forward ports for GTA 5.....

Portforward.com looks to have listed the ports for GTA V PC as  UDP--- 6672, amd 61455 thru 61458  (there are no TCP ports to open/forward)--- try forwarding these ports on your router---- you will have to scroll down the page to see this--  http://portforward.com/cports.htm

If you don't know what port forwarding is or how to accomplish this-- you can PM me.... but basically-- you need to set your PC with a static IP address on your network... and usually in the advanced settings on your router-- you have to forward the indicated ports to that IP address

//edit// 9/15/15

According to https://support.rock...Strict-NAT-Type

Ports required for PC---

TCP Ports: 80, 443
UDP Ports: 6672, 61455, 61456, 61457, and 61458

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
    Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:16 PM

Problem: issues with no sound/no sound at all

The only fix I've seen so far is changing the resolution.

source: PokeItWithASpork

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Drunk on Power

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:40 PM

Problem: issues with no sound/no sound at all

The only fix I've seen so far is changing the resolution.

source: PokeItWithASpork

That obviously shouldn't do anything in and of itself, but perhaps it re-writes the settings file(s) and this does it.... will add

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Drunk on Power

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 24 April 2015 - 05:41 PM

Ok-- sorry for double post

I have added all the solutions posted in this thread to the OP (sorry it has taken me so long).

I did not post the one a few above this about re-installing the OS- that seems like a Nuclear Option to me-

Please do not use this thead to post unanswered problems--  and please be as clear and succinct as possible when posting problems and solutions.... It is alot easier for me to copy and paste rather than try to interpret what you meant to say.

Also realize while I am pretty good around a PC keyboard, I DO NOT OWN the PC version of GTA V -- I am just here to try and compile solutions.

I would also ask that if any Patches get released that you think address one or more of the above problems-- please let me know-- I will likely leave them in the list but post a note that this should have been addressed with Patch #______

Thanks for those that have helped out on this...

Spuds 

mishorar
  • mishorar

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Georgia

Posted 24 April 2015 - 08:31 PM

This seems to be a bit extreme-- I found something regarding this a while back--- let me see if I can find....

//edit//

http://gtaforums.com...in-offline-mode in the 3rd post, he recommends deleting the hosts files-- it might be a better idea to look at my post in that thread to reset the hosts' files.....

This problem isn't really the same as the one you described but resetting the hosts files may solve the problem you are experiencing due to what they do.

Other possible solutions--- checking your DNS settings on your router/PC and see where your DNS is being set from--- if your ISP DNS is not up to date then it could prevent connection... you can switch your DNS to googles  https://developers.g...eed/public-dns/

It is also possible you need to open/forward ports for GTA 5.....

Portforward.com looks to have listed the ports for GTA V PC as  UDP--- 6672, amd 61455 thru 61458  (there are no TCP ports to open/forward)--- try forwarding these ports on your router---- you will have to scroll down the page to see this--  http://portforward.com/cports.htm

If you don't know what port forwarding is or how to accomplish this-- you can PM me.... but basically-- you need to set your PC with a static IP address on your network... and usually in the advanced settings on your router-- you have to forward the indicated ports to that IP address

someone said in some cases it's app such as killer network manager and can be resolved by deleting it. in my case i didn't had any problem with ports.

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
    Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 26 April 2015 - 10:40 PM Edited by RedDagger, 26 April 2015 - 10:40 PM.

A few more off the top of my head:

Problem: Anti-aliasing/FXAA/MSAA/TXAA doesn't do anything/I still have jaggies with AA on

Solution: Turn off FXAA, MSAA and TXAA completely, and force them through nvidia control panel or catalyst control centre for AMD.

Problem: How to change the language/game is in the wrong language

Solution: registry editing!

Problem: Can I run GTA V?

Solution: Use this website, if you don't know your specs press Windows Key+R, type "dxdiag" without the quotes and press enter, the information needed for 'Processor' is under the system tab next to 'processor', and 'Graphics' is under the display tab next to 'chip type'.

Problem: Game crashes with GFX_D3D_INIT error

Solution:

-Reinstall graphics drivers,

-"What I Did Was Going To Catalyst Control Center Then Doing Gta5.exe to power saving then opening gta 5 the minimum requirements dialog box opens without clicking ok I again go the catalyst control center then I set gta5.exe to high performance then I press ok shazam the game works fine" (source: AravTheGamer)

YOEL_44
  • YOEL_44

Universal GTA file finder

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 27 April 2015 - 03:03 PM

Problem: GTA V has got a small memory leak that at some point can make the game stutter as hell, that's because of is using paging space instead of RAM

Solution: Use two paging files in two HDD or SSD so the reading speeds are better (I've got 8gb RAM and two paging files of fixed 1024mb on a 6gb/s HDD and 512mb on a 5gb/s HDD, no stutter at all with the in game settings near maximum)

meem
  • meem

Player Hater

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 28 April 2015 - 04:17 PM Edited by meem, 28 April 2015 - 04:18 PM.

I got another (possible) solution for problem #4: Video lags or stutters.

Load the complete game. When you can play, press Left Alt / Enter. Now you have a windowed play screen. Do Left Alt / Enter again and now your in full screen again but no stutter and/or lag.

This works fine for my system (see signature) and know that it works for others too. But no guaranty that it works for everybody.

All I know is that basicly the game is unplayable for me until I do the Alt / Enter action. After that it's all smooth with 35-60 fps with all settings on Very High.

Lomi79
  • Lomi79

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 28 April 2015 - 04:54 PM Edited by Lomi79, 28 April 2015 - 04:55 PM.

Problem #8

I got brand new PC with directx 11.2 on it and I was shocked it did not work properly. After alot of troubles to fix it I finally make it work (changing resolution as listed here did not help :p ). For me it worked that I downloaded all the previous updates from directx from https://www.microsof...ails.aspx?id=35

Now it all works smooth and I hope it will help others as it helped me.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Drunk on Power

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 28 April 2015 - 05:32 PM

Problem #8

I got brand new PC with directx 11.2 on it and I was shocked it did not work properly. After alot of troubles to fix it I finally make it work (changing resolution as listed here did not help :p ). For me it worked that I downloaded all the previous updates from directx from https://www.microsof...ails.aspx?id=35

Now it all works smooth and I hope it will help others as it helped me.

Thanks for posting solution-- will add shortly.

Castiel23
  • Castiel23

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 May 2015 - 10:25 AM Edited by Castiel23, 03 May 2015 - 10:43 AM.

Well, since game relase I've got exactly the same problem - since 14th April I can't play Online! After Patch 350.2/1.26 the message changed to sth like that: "GTA online session could not verify the user data due to problems in connection with the server. In case of problems contact...". I've already tired almost everything (every fix I found on every gta forum) besides game and OS (Win 7) reinstall. I'm almost sure that the problem is inside the OS and sth efficiently is blocking online mode because I even change ISP and still the same issue. I just can't figure out what is it. I sent a request to the Rockstar Support but of course they sent back automatic reply with common solutions I've found earlier. 

Is there anyone who has/had similar problem and solved it?

Singleplayer mode works perfectly without any problems. Any other online game works too.

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize
  • Best Official Gang 2016 [Zaibatsu]
    Best Poster [Sports] 2016
    Worst Tits 2016
    Worst Tits 2015
    Best Poster [Sports] 2015
    Best Poster [Sports] 2014
    Worst Tits 2014
    Last ever poster in a public area on the old forum
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 04 May 2015 - 12:27 AM

Problem: Upon start-up in single player (although has been known to happen at any time, even online), you get a window with the following error message "ERR_GFX_D3D_INIT", please restart and reload the game to see if this fixes the issue, if this problem persists please reinstall the game" (or something along those lines)

Solution: Go to <user name> - My Documents - Rockstar Games - GTA V - settings.xml

Open the file in notepad and locate the following line

<DX_Version value="?" />

? may equal 1 or 2, if so change it to 0 so it reads:

<DX_Version value="0" />

Save the file and reload the game.

Castiel23
  • Castiel23

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2015 - 08:00 PM Edited by Castiel23, 06 May 2015 - 08:01 PM.

[SOLUTION] which works for me

As I said, since the release of the game, I was not able to turn on GTA Online. As it turned out, the problem was with my antivirus. My old ESET Smart 5.2 in incomprehensible way to me and despite its firewall off -  was blocking connection to the Rockstar servers. I uninstalled it totally and Online began work without problems! Then I installed the newest version 8.0 and now everything is working properly.

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
    Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 07 May 2015 - 07:02 PM Edited by RedDagger, 07 May 2015 - 07:04 PM.

Might be worth posting these, even though we don't have a 'proper' solution:

Problem: squares in the distance/blocky fog/squares on edges of trees

Solution:
-reinstall graphics drivers
-For a temporary fix suggested by someone, go to My Documents / Rockstar Games / GTA V and open settings.xml, edit ShadowQuality from 1 to 0.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Drunk on Power

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 12 May 2015 - 11:05 PM

I split off the posts that deserved their own thread--- I didn't help the situation (I responded instead of doing this previously)....

Please only post solutions to known problems--- I will try and update the list tomorrow-- I know it's overdue... been busy.

Spuds

Sorry-- I doubt I will get a chance to update til the weekend (if I'm lucky)   :/

Gabriel_175
  • Gabriel_175

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 May 2015 - 08:59 PM

For laptops with 2 GPU,Intel HD and ATI/Nvidia GP,here is for Nvidia,if it's doesn't appear in dxdiag,only Intel HD appears everytime,you must reinstall the GPU software,go to Nvidia Control Panel>Set PhysX configuration to Nvidia Geforce xxx.

Then go to Manage 3D settings and select Global Settings H-P (High/Performance)Nvidia processor and in Program Settings add the .exe to the list and select the prefered GP H-P Nvidia processor and click to apply.

If it doesn't activate for some reason,i have Geforce 850M with 4 gb Ram video,run's normal like installed GTA SA,no problems on High,but could unlock vehicle storage garage without Social Club(Reloaded Torrent game).

To activate it,google ''Can you run it'',select the game that you what to run and click ''Can you run it'' and select Desktop app and install it to show you what hardware do you really have,if it doesn't work try again if not reinstall windows as last resort.

For ATI i don't have any ideas how it is setup,but for my hardware i don't need to add the .exe,it just loads like any other game.Check with the system requirements labs to see if it work's or not.

bruisex
  • bruisex

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2015 - 06:30 AM

i had a problem today with GTA 5 on pc wouldn't get past the rockstar start up scene, it turned out being Virtual audio cable that was stopping it. just a tip i spent hours re-installing and troubleshooting it just to find out it was that...

Narod
  • Narod

GTAV Player

• Members
  • England

Posted 03 June 2015 - 08:03 PM Edited by Narod, 03 June 2015 - 08:04 PM.

Anyone having the problem listed here: http://gtaforums.com...lighting-issue/ (Weird boxes in the distance when the weather is not sunny).

Solution: Update your drivers to the latest beta drivers, and change the DirectX version to 10.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Drunk on Power

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 19 September 2015 - 02:56 PM

It bears repeating-- DO NOT POST PROBLEMS IN THIS THREAD-- It is only here for known solutions--- any problem posts posted in this thread will be removed-- and you will earn my wrath.

iddqdvie
  • iddqdvie

Oldschool Rebel

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 20 March 2016 - 09:32 AM

i had "random" appcrashes after the update 1.33, i am using an xbox elite controller. after changing the drivers to the xbox xontroller (not xbox one or xbox elite) i had a very long flawless session.

i did that after reading about having to unplugg the controller to avoid crashes

Vstate66
  • Vstate66

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 30 September 2016 - 02:39 AM

I dont know much about computer specs, 

Using AMD A4-620 APU with AMD Radeon R3 Graphics 1.80 GHz

Ram 4.00GB (3.45 GB useable)

64 bit opperating system, x64 base processor

Windows 8.1 ,

BUT I've found having Priority to High seems to lower pop-in textures a bit,

(I'm also a good 300 below in video memory running CPU in the 40's)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users