78 replies to this topic
MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 03 July 2015 - 08:02 PM

Not only other Games, but other Platforms.  For instance, right now it's just PC.  But since I don't do PC Gaming, it can't even be used, basically.

The only Editor I ever got into was Hazard's GTA V Editor, but it doesn't work properly anymore for me like it did back in May 2014 which was the last time I used it when it worked, other than 2 days ago, when it didn't work anymore for me.  But even that got bored after a while because I don't like being able to get what I want done with some buttons.  I rather work my ass off and make a Save of my own, not an edited Save.

thehambone
  • thehambone

Don't remind me of home Or I might notice where I am

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 July 2015 - 09:15 PM

Not only other Games, but other Platforms.  For instance, right now it's just PC.  But since I don't do PC Gaming, it can't even be used, basically.

Yes, other platforms are important too. As I mentioned previously, I'm currently working on enabling iOS and Android save editing. I also want to do PS2 and XBox saves.
  • Blackbird88 likes this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 03 July 2015 - 09:27 PM

Sounds good! :)  Keep up the good work.  However, Xbox and PS2 Saves might be tricky for people to actually find out how to use it.  Someone with a modded PS2 can get the Save back onto their Memory Card and things seem to work more smoothly, but in my position, getting a Save from PS2 Memory Card onto PC isn't possible, basically.  Only my BC PS3 Saves are easy to copy/paste to PC and back to PS3 and everything just works.  When it comes to the physical PS2 without the help of the BC PS3, I am lost on how it works.

I've asked for months on how to get a PS2 Save from my PC onto my Memory Card to work in my PS2, but nobody has helped thus far.

xtremepowers
  • xtremepowers

Liberty Vice pwner

• New Members
  • Romania

Posted 15 July 2015 - 05:53 PM

To the creator of this awesome tool: Would you PLEASE consider adding the possibility to EDIT STATS on future release versions? The Vice City editor has this option included so one can both view AND edit stats. I'm dying to do that on GTA 3 too.

thehambone
  • thehambone

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2015 - 07:06 PM

To the creator of this awesome tool: Would you PLEASE consider adding the possibility to EDIT STATS on future release versions? The Vice City editor has this option included so one can both view AND edit stats. I'm dying to do that on GTA 3 too.

Thank you! Yeah, a stats editor is one of the many features I plan to add to this editor with future updates. :^:

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Never Settle

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 21 August 2015 - 05:34 PM

I was playing around with the Xbox version of the game and I tried to load a PC save on my modded Xbox. It turns out that despite the fact that the script file is identical to the PC version you can't actually load PC saves on your Xbox. It will simply tell you that the save is corrupted and it will refuse to load it.

Here's a save file I made on Xbox if anyone wants to compare it to a PC save (the file name is different on Xbox but the extension and size are the same which suggests that the save format is nearly identical): https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

I'm not using Windows right now so I can't test if the PC version can load Xbox saves but I was wondering if anyone could figure out the difference between the two versions. I want to be able to convert between versions and I think it's technically possible but I can't figure it out.

• thehambone likes this

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

Chocolate

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Hong-Kong
  • Major Contribution Award [Mods]
    Helpfulness Awards [Mods]

Posted 21 August 2015 - 06:30 PM Edited by spaceeinstein, 21 August 2015 - 06:32 PM.

The primary difference I see is that the player peds block (block 1) is slightly larger for the Xbox save. I think you have to pad data into the PC save before it can work on the Xbox. Thanks for supplying the save. This is really helpful.
  • ΣΓ and thehambone like this

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Never Settle

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 21 August 2015 - 07:14 PM

I compared them using a hex editor. I don't think that editing them manually would actually work and it would probably be too complicated to be worth it.

I wanted to participate in the Chain Game with the Xbox version seeing as it's mostly the same game (script file is backwards compatible from Xbox to PC and in reverse) but for some reason I didn't think the save files were going to be different.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 22 August 2015 - 12:58 AM

I don't think that editing them manually would actually work and it would probably be too complicated to be worth it.

It can work, if the person editing has the skills and knowledge.  Like me, I haven't a clue how to do this stuff.  But OrionSR was able to convert my iOS III and VC Saves into Android.  It's strange, considering SA and CW for iOS is compatible with Android, but when it comes to III and VC, they aren't.  However, OrionSR was able to do it and it worked for others using Android...

thehambone
  • thehambone

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 August 2015 - 01:40 AM Edited by thehambone, 22 August 2015 - 01:41 AM.

Save file conversion between all platforms is a planned long-term feature. I'm fairly certain it is possible to convert any save to any platform, regardless of its origin. However, it will be a difficult task and require a lot of time to spot differences and figure out how to properly work around those differences.

Thanks for the Xbox save, Kristian. :^:

• ΣΓ likes this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 22 August 2015 - 01:45 AM

You should talk to XB36Hazard.  He's a genius.  On his V Save Editor he has a way to convert the Xbox 360 Saves to PC.  People have confirmed it worked flawlessly.  I don't get how he knows so much about this stuff.  Then again, he'd made numerous Save Editors for various Games and been doing it for several years now...

• ΣΓ likes this

[email protected]~
  • [email protected]~

Do not interfere with the circumstances

• New Members
  • Russia

Posted 29 January 2016 - 11:30 PM Edited by [email protected]~, 29 January 2016 - 11:37 PM.

Save file conversion between all platforms is a planned long-term feature. I'm fairly certain it is possible to convert any save to any platform, regardless of its origin. However, it will be a difficult task and require a lot of time to spot differences and figure out how to properly work around those differences.

Soon be released a cross-platform complete editor? The problem of adaptation / conversion of savegames of GTA III and GTA VC iOS on Android no gives me peace =) I Really want to play on an Android device. To continue what was begun on my old iPhone 4s, only now it's in FHD resolution on Android!  :r*: How's it going with the development of the editor? What's new we should expect in the next update? :panic:

• thehambone likes this

thehambone
  • thehambone

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 January 2016 - 11:40 PM

Soon be released a cross-platform complete editor! The problem of adaptation / conversion of savegames of GTA III and GTA VC iOS on Android gives me peace =) I Really want to play on an Android device. To continue what was begun on my old iPhone 4s, only now it's in FHD resolution :r*: How's it going with the development of the editor? What's new we should expect in the next update? :panic:

Since you brought it up, I might as well break the news a little early. ;)

A new update is coming in about a week! This update will make the editor compatible with iOS and Android saves! Other improvements were made, but I won't go into detail just yet. The update is currently in the testing phase. Stay tuned! :)

• Blackbird88 and MorsPrincipiumEst like this

[email protected]~
  • [email protected]~

• New Members
  • Russia

Posted 30 January 2016 - 12:47 AM

update will make the editor compatible with iOS and Android saves! Other improvements were made, but I won't go into detail just yet. The update is currently in the testing phase. Stay tuned! :)

It's just wonderful! =) I completed GTA III on the iPhone 4s at 100%, the garages are almost all special cars that were available in the single missions. Spent a lot of time to get this save game. in GTA VC on the iPhone 4s managed to do only side quests. IPhone now does not work. At the moment I really want all work done by me on the iPhone is not in vain, that is, all the progress these two games have successfully migrated from iPhone 4S to Android. :) All hope for your skill and diligence! :yawn:  :rol: 

thehambone
  • thehambone

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 January 2016 - 06:26 PM

all the progress these two games have successfully migrated from iPhone 4S to Android. :) All hope for your skill and diligence! :yawn:  :rol:

Thank you! :) Unfortunately, this update will not bring file conversion to the editor. I still have to work out the tiny differences between the files. However, if you send me your iOS file, I can attempt to convert it to Android myself. :^:
  • [email protected]~ likes this

[email protected]~
  • [email protected]~

• New Members
  • Russia

Posted 30 January 2016 - 10:39 PM Edited by [email protected]~, 30 January 2016 - 10:43 PM.

However, if you send me your iOS file, I can attempt to convert it to Android myself. :^:

A huge thank you already for what you have been working on the editor! =) If you will create the ability to edit savegames from iOS and Android... And in the future will have the ability to migrate game saves from iOS devices to Android... it's a small fortune! Below I took off two links to the archives .rar found on google disk. Progress passing in GTA III goes from the 1st to the 8th of conservation (that is, in my opinion, in the 8th 100% passing). In what order I persisted in GTA Vice City - can't remember =) Make me a little happier!

https://drive.google...Q1Fyd2RMR0ZvcWs

https://drive.google...ekpRZGdma3VPYTA

thehambone
  • thehambone

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 January 2016 - 05:54 PM Edited by thehambone, 31 January 2016 - 05:54 PM.

Thanks for the saves! :)

I've thought about making an app for iOS and Android -- it'd be a good exercise in mobile app development for me, something I haven't done much of. I don't know when I'll ever have the time to do that though. :lol: Still, there's no telling what the future holds... For now though, you will be able to edit your iOS and Android saves on a PC, and that's good enough for most people. :^:
  • MorsPrincipiumEst likes this

[email protected]~
  • [email protected]~

• New Members
  • Russia

Posted 31 January 2016 - 07:15 PM

Thanks for the saves! :)

I've thought about making an app for iOS and Android -- it'd be a good exercise in mobile app development for me, something I haven't done much of. I don't know when I'll ever have the time to do that though. :lol: Still, there's no telling what the future holds... For now though, you will be able to edit your iOS and Android saves on a PC, and that's good enough for most people. :^:

Thank you for your work on the save files))) My save game will serve as one of the experimental samples to improve the work of the editor =) Please, if possible, try to adapt and save GTA VC since I have stopped the passage. Only only request when adapting my save on Android before submitting them to me, do not spoil the statistics) plz =) I've never got to the cops to the station and to the hospital as well (although, the cops and the EMTs insisted =) )))))))) Yes, of course, the application will greatly facilitate the editing of their progress in the game directly on devices, without a PC. But it needs a little more work your ass off)) It will be really cool, if you can provide occasional transportation bonuses right in your garage. Not have to suffer in passing, to obtain the desired transport with the desired properties (as I understand it can be done in your editor). Here the main problem is porting their saved games from one operating system to another (for a start). And would still really like to make some kind of NPC learned to drive a tank (Rhino) except the military. Well, it's just painfully funny it would be))) Psychedelic real one would be! =) And so, in Russia, a lot of people who used Apple devices and for some reason switched to Android (and played these masterpieces naturally) ))). Apple has only iCloud for savegames, accessible only to iOS devices. Only in GTA SA appeared Social Club and the ability to load savegames from the cloud on all operating systems. But what if it is possible to continue game only on Android?! In RG clear statement on this issue was not given.

• thehambone likes this

[email protected]~
  • [email protected]~

• New Members
  • Russia

Posted 31 January 2016 - 07:35 PM

I don't know when I'll ever have the time to do that though. :lol: Still, there's no telling what the future holds...

Well, about time Will have the same life time, as at the moment =) I learned* :lol: in General, it will be good experience for writing mobile applications. The program (the editor) have to be integrated into the application for certain operating systems. Yes and just move forward would be superfluous :karmaeater: I like dealing with such a problem person, it will be interesting this app. The question is, what will be popular to use the editor in the form mobilnogo app. Very interesting :)

• thehambone likes this

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 01 February 2016 - 08:00 AM

Great work! I love this editor!

Can you get free healthcare, respray and bombs without using this editor?

thehambone
  • thehambone

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 February 2016 - 01:59 PM Edited by thehambone, 01 February 2016 - 02:46 PM.

Great work! I love this editor!
Can you get free healthcare, respray and bombs without using this editor?

Thanks! :) I'm not sure if free healthcare and free bombs are ever used in the game. I'm pretty sure free respray is used during Don't Spank Ma Bitch Up though.

Edit: I just checked the game script. Free healthcare is not used in game, free bombs is used during Mike 'Lips' Last Lunch, and free resprays is used during Don't Spank Ma Bitch Up.

thehambone
  • thehambone

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2016 - 07:30 PM Edited by thehambone, 15 February 2016 - 05:14 PM.

Version 0.2 Released!
After a long wait, an update is finally here! This is more of a functional update than a feature-based update. Program stability has been improved, but more importantly, iOS and Android saves can now be edited! Other minor changes have been made as well (see below). For the next update, I plan to add some more editing features.

Main Improvements
  • Mobile saves can now be edited
  • Wanted level can now be disabled entirely
  • Editor can now be used on Mac OS X
Full change log:
Spoiler

Download
GTAGarage
MediaFire
  • Blackbird88, GTAKid667, MorsPrincipiumEst and 1 other like this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2016 - 07:47 PM

Really cool to see this making a lot of progress over the months! :)

Definitely will give it a go in the future when I am bored!  Waiting on an LCS Mobile, VCS Mobile (eventually), and CW Mobile Save Editors! ;)

• thehambone likes this

[email protected]~
  • [email protected]~

• New Members
  • Russia

Posted 07 February 2016 - 09:53 PM Edited by [email protected]~, 07 February 2016 - 10:21 PM.

Version 0.2 Released!

Download
GTAGarage (file is still awaiting approval)
MediaFire

Ooops! New version! =) I have opened my saves iOS! I saw your iOS works 2013-th year, is already well)))) I very much look forward to and hope for successful conversion of my saves from iOS to Android :panic: :r*:  :rol: You Have great results with the new version of the editor! :) My only save was on is unknown what language (like Russian was supposed to be). Just the name of the save in the editor and in the game on Android is not correctly prescribed. The game requires the letter goes through one, that is in the 8th should be prescribed as a 'любовник' (lover), and it is written as 'лнюнбоваик' :lol:. In the editor are generally written by unknown characters. It will hardly affect the readout of the gameplay when you load this save, though... errors in the syntax - not good ;)

• thehambone likes this

thehambone
  • thehambone

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2016 - 07:10 PM

My only save was on is unknown what language (like Russian was supposed to be). Just the name of the save in the editor and in the game on Android is not correctly prescribed. The game requires the letter goes through one, that is in the 8th should be prescribed as a 'любовник' (lover), and it is written as 'лнюнбоваик' :lol:. In the editor are generally written by unknown characters. It will hardly affect the readout of the gameplay when you load this save, though... errors in the syntax - not good ;)

Interesting. Can you send me your save?

[email protected]~
  • [email protected]~

• New Members
  • Russia

Posted 08 February 2016 - 11:31 PM

Interesting. Can you send me your save?

I was talking about the saves that I did. Specifically we are talking about GTA III (for example GTA3sf8.b). If to throw off the save without adaptation for any (they were originally made for the IPhone 4S), then in the game itself in the list of savegame names of these saves appear correctly. For example, the 8th should be called 'любовник' in the russian localization, but in english - 'lover', as it is called 'лнюнбоваик' :lol: Maybe for the adaptation process of these saves it doesn't matter, but the fact that they are written correctly in the list to download the save - I do not like, that is, it can be one of the reasons why the conservation of iOS is not suitable for Android)) That's my guess =)

thehambone
  • thehambone

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 February 2016 - 01:51 AM

I was talking about the saves that I did. Specifically we are talking about GTA III (for example GTA3sf8.b). If to throw off the save without adaptation for any (they were originally made for the IPhone 4S), then in the game itself in the list of savegame names of these saves appear correctly. For example, the 8th should be called 'любовник' in the russian localization, but in english - 'lover', as it is called 'лнюнбоваик' :lol: Maybe for the adaptation process of these saves it doesn't matter, but the fact that they are written correctly in the list to download the save - I do not like, that is, it can be one of the reasons why the conservation of iOS is not suitable for Android)) That's my guess =)

Oh, my mistake! :lol: Yeah I haven't had a chance to look at those, unfortunately. Thanks for the information, I'll try to figure out why the name is showing up incorrectly. I haven't adapted the editor to work with any languages other than English, so that could be part of the reason. I'll let you know if I figure it out! :^:

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 09 February 2016 - 07:16 AM Edited by stef_92, 09 February 2016 - 07:21 AM.

There's one really weird thing. I mentioned in this post that I used the editor to change the color of a Kuruma in my garage to the unique color of the Kuruma from the beginning of the game (since I lost the original one twice due to a weird game glitch). Then I decided to use Notepad++ to compare both files (the one before the edit and the one saved after the edit) in order to make sure that the editor changed nothing else than just the color of the car. I know that when I open a GTA3 save with Notepad++ I would get nothing but a huge load of symbols that I don't understand but my thoughts were that if only the color of a car was changed, the difference between the two files would be just a few symbols. Well the Notepad++ compare plugin said that the two files match.

When I saw this message I instantly thought that I'm making a mistake. I loaded the original file and the edited file after that in order to make sure that the changes really applied. It turned out that the new save is really updated, the color of the Kuruma was really changed. So I loaded both save files again in Notepad++ and I still get the message that they are the same.

This is most definately a mistake of Notepad++ editor, right?

EDIT: Definitely a Notepad++ mistake. I checked the md5 hash of both files and it's really different :D

It seems that Notepad++ can represent different symbols the same... it tries to encode them in UTF8 after all. I should check differences with a HEX editor rather than a text editor.

• thehambone and The American Army 1775 like this

thehambone
  • thehambone

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 February 2016 - 07:43 AM Edited by thehambone, 09 February 2016 - 08:01 AM.

Yeah, use a hex editor for viewing binary files. Using Notepad++ on a binary file will give you nothing but crap! :lol: I recommend HxD or 010 Editor.

This version of the editor is much better with handling data; I made sure it'll only modify the bytes that need to be modified for the requested changes and nothing else. So if all you did was modify the color of the Kuruma, then that's the only thing that will change (along with the checksum at the end of the file) :^:

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 09 February 2016 - 08:27 AM

Yeah, use a hex editor for viewing binary files. Using Notepad++ on a binary file will give you nothing but crap! :lol: I recommend HxD or 010 Editor.

This version of the editor is much better with handling data; I made sure it'll only modify the bytes that need to be modified for the requested changes and nothing else. So if all you did was modify the color of the Kuruma, then that's the only thing that will change (along with the checksum at the end of the file) :^:

Well in this case I trust you and I consider my file bug free. Glad to see GTA 3 save editor after all these years :) Keep up the good work.

• thehambone and The American Army 1775 like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users