Marvel's the Defenders-Daredevil-Luke Cage-Jessica Jones-Iron Fist

478 replies to this topic
UshaB
  • UshaB

Nacho Libre - "I wanna weeeeeen!"

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 August 2017 - 06:11 AM

Defenders was pretty underwhelming and did feel pretty rushed out. I wanted to know more about Alexandra and who she is,and to have her long ancient past explained more thoroughly instead of references to key dates. 

Also, I honestly hated the fight scenes in this, either on the same lines as Iron Fist or below it. Apart from the teams' together hallway fight and the Chinese restaraunt battle, everything else was pretty much a lot of camera cuts and close ups with dark lighting so we can't see anything with the occasional wide shot that lasts for 3 to 4 seconds. Was pretty bad.

Another thing, isn't Jessica's durability just slightly above an average human's? I expected her to get a few cuts on her against the multiple highly trained ninja's, especially when she was taking on

Spoiler

Well I hope this does well:

The-Punisher-TV-Show-Jon-Bernthal.jpg?cs

• darthYENIK, The Yokel, iBUCKEYE and 2 others like this

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

First of his name

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 25 August 2017 - 08:44 PM Edited by The Yokel, 25 August 2017 - 08:47 PM.

Apparently, Finn Jones is starting his training for Iron Fist season 2 next week.

Now, just gonna let you know, moving into Season 2 of Iron Fist, Im actually starting my training next week. Were at least four or five months away from shooting, so this time around, Im being given a lot more preparation leading up to Season 2, which I think is really gonna have a huge improvement on the quality of the fight scenes in Season 2 of Iron Fist.

It'd be good if he can slide in some acting lessons while he's at it. He acts like an entitled 12 year old.

I expect great things from The Punisher.

• UshaB likes this

Dbzk1999
  • Dbzk1999

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 August 2017 - 08:47 PM

Apparently, Finn Jones is starting his training for Iron Fist season 2 next week.

Now, just gonna let you know, moving into Season 2 of Iron Fist, Im actually starting my training next week. Were at least four or five months away from shooting, so this time around, Im being given a lot more preparation leading up to Season 2, which I think is really gonna have a huge improvement on the quality of the fight scenes in Season 2 of Iron Fist.

It'd be good if he can slide in some acting lessons while he's at it. He acts like an entitled 12 year old.

That's more of a writing problem than an acting one though

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Facade
  • Netherlands

Posted 26 August 2017 - 03:16 PM Edited by Matrelith, 26 August 2017 - 03:17 PM.

I finished it about two days ago, I thought it was okay. Even though The Hand is a largely forgetable and uninteresting villain (DD season 2 second half and Iron Fist suffered from this as well), it was still fun seeing all the characters we followed the last few years on screen together and interact with each other. Best pairings were Jessica/Matt and Luke/Danny in my opinion. After this I just hope we're done with the Hand and can focus on stories/villains on a more street level, seeing as the Defenders are meant to fight that sort of villains, instead of the ''ancient order who wants to destroy an entire city'' level. 

Also a shame Matt was the only one in costume. I would have liked to see Danny wearing the proper Iron Fist costume. At least they managed to salvage his character a bit, making him the doofus with a heart of gold on purpose. 

• AlienTwo likes this

UshaB
  • UshaB

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 August 2017 - 05:46 AM

That's more of a writing problem than an acting one though

You're both right, in a way. Fin's script was to act like this child who's naive and is sort of stuck in this one mindset, and as Stick put it best a, "Thundering dumbass." But other than that writing story arc, to me personally Finn Jones can't act that great in this role. I find his mannerisms pretty strange-ish and he sort of acts over-the-top at certain points. Maybe it's just Finn (the British native) struggling to add range to his North American accent which is why I find his moments of expressing anger and rage to be non-believable and sort of awkwardly strange.

Or maybe it's just the acting standard already placed by Charlie Cox and the way he expresses his emotions (of anger/rage/empathy) just, in my mind, nullifies anything Finn jones has got as Iron Fist. I mean, look at Charlie go in this scene;

• Emo_Amz likes this

Arrow
  • Arrow

• Facade
  • India
  • Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted 17 September 2017 - 03:02 AM

It seems like Charlie Cox is unsure whether Daredevil will return for a Season 3. From what I've seen being speculated around, following the events of The Defenders, Season 3 may be based on the Born Again comic.

Dbzk1999
  • Dbzk1999

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 September 2017 - 03:56 AM

It seems like Charlie Cox is unsure whether Daredevil will return for a Season 3. From what I've seen being speculated around, following the events of The Defenders, Season 3 may be based on the Born Again comic.

I personally think born again is the obvious choice considering Fisk's threat to Matt near the end of DDS2

Emo_Amz
  • Emo_Amz

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 September 2017 - 02:29 PM

I think there's no question that it's going down the Born Again route.  That's plain to see for anyone involved I reckon.  What's interesting though is where they're going to take Matt from here.  That's the biggest question I think.

EvolvedWalker
  • EvolvedWalker

sepi

• GTAF Crew
  • Ireland

Posted 20 September 2017 - 03:26 PM

• iBUCKEYE, That Guy There, Coin and 3 others like this

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Facade
  • Netherlands

Posted 20 September 2017 - 05:40 PM

Fanastic use of Metallica's One. So far it's seems way better than the lackluster Iron Fist and Defenders we got this year.

• darthYENIK likes this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2016
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 20 September 2017 - 08:36 PM

Yes, finally a soundtrack for us metal heads hopefully.
  • Femme Fatale and Emo_Amz like this

UshaB
  • UshaB

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 September 2017 - 03:24 AM

Dayum, I'm loving the use of the centre axis relock with the long shots (got dat JWick/ Hong Kong vibe). I feel like it'll be the Punisher's thing just as much as DareDevil has his long hallway shots.

I don't know why but I'm more interested in seeing this than JL, Thor 3 or Infinity War.

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 21 September 2017 - 03:36 AM

Oh hell yeah, I love The Punisher! :] Definitely going to watch the series. I just wish they'd make a proper game. The one from 2005 was good, but not good enough.

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:38 AM

Are they releasing it this year? I thought it was supposed to come out sometime in 2018 but now it said coming ___ 2017

Emo_Amz
  • Emo_Amz

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 September 2017 - 10:14 AM

Are they releasing it this year? I thought it was supposed to come out sometime in 2018 but now it said coming ___ 2017

It's slated for a November 2017 launch approximately. But they're being tight lipped. So could be September-December at any point. But it's certainly 2017.

EvolvedWalker
  • EvolvedWalker

sepi

• GTAF Crew
  • Ireland

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by EvolvedWalker, 4 weeks ago.

November 17 :D

• TheFoxRiverFugitive, Zello, AlienTwo and 2 others like this

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

^f*ck yes! Love me some Jon Bernthal Punisher.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I saw the Punisher Van. The most underrated comic book vehicle ever. Microchip gonna deck that sucker out.

Just started reading Punisher Max for the first time. I prefer Punisher in the 80s, when he got his first ongoing. Where he wasnt psychotic. He killed people, but he wasnt doing it to appease the voices in his head. He did it because he knew that was the only thing he had to live for, killing criminals who will kill other innocents. Like Batman if he was okay with guns and killing. Not to say Max is bad, I just prefer a Punisher who knows why hes doing what he does.

Dbzk1999
  • Dbzk1999

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I saw the Punisher Van. The most underrated comic book vehicle ever. Microchip gonna deck that sucker out.

Just started reading Punisher Max for the first time. I prefer Punisher in the 80s, when he got his first ongoing. Where he wasnt psychotic. He killed people, but he wasnt doing it to appease the voices in his head. He did it because he knew that was the only thing he had to live for, killing criminals who will kill other innocents. Like Batman if he was okay with guns and killing. Not to say Max is bad, I just prefer a Punisher who knows why hes doing what he does.

Since you just started I'll just say keep reading it, there's a reason that Ennis's run on it is cited as one of if not the best runs of the Punisher (especially with gold such as the Slavers arc)

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 4 weeks ago

Awesome, gotta love The Punisher.

UshaB
  • UshaB

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by UshaB, 3 weeks ago.

*Deleted*

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Okay, some not-so-good news today. It turns out that Disney is eventually going to yank down the current Marvel Netflix shows and stream them exclusively on their now in-development streaming service. It won't be coming out until 2019, but still, this is a pretty big pile of bullsh*t.

http://www.slashfilm...-netflix-shows/

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Why? Youre going to be able to watch every MCU movie (minus Spider-man) and presumably every ABC produced tv show (that includes the defenders shows) in one place. In 2019 that will be 17-19 movies (depending on when the service is released) two seasons of Agent Carter, a season of Inhumans, (hopefully) six seasons of AoS, three seasons of Daredevil, possibly two seasons of Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Punisher, and a season of the Defenders. Thats not counting the Runaways, Cloak and Dagger, and New Warriors.

The tv shows alone are worth it to me.

Netflix is getting less appealing as the days go by, anyway.

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by TheFoxRiverFugitive, A week ago.

I guess I see your point. It would be nice to have all of that content under one umbrella. I suppose I just wasn't looking forward to more subscription fees. But with the advent of Netflix losing the Marvel shows, the service does lose a good chunk of appeal for me. I only hope Disney is able to broker deals with various studios to get some good content not by them into their service. Netflix is missing a lot of my favorite movies or the ones they do have are only available on DVD.

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted A day ago

Since the topic got locked, anyone here watching The Punisher?

I'm on episode 5 and i'm really enjoying it so far. I understand why it's so divisive - Frank is quite simply not likable. And I don't just mean that in the ''oh he kills bad people'' way - Frank is a genuine asshole and the only reason you don't hope he gets his head blown off is because the people he is up against are even bigger assholes. He's not just your standard fair sympathetic anti-hero from DD S2 - he's a genuine moral conundrum.

And I dig protagonists like that.

• Femme Fatale likes this

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

I'm loving The Punisher so far. I haven't been this invested in a Marvel Netflix show since Jessica Jones, maybe even the first season of Daredevil. It's currently sh*tting all over the Defenders for me. Jon Bernthal really gives a damn good performance.

Arrow
  • Arrow

• Facade
  • India
  • Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted A day ago

I'm Episode 2 of the Punisher and it's been nothing but great so far. Jon Bernthal is damn good. The show is a lot more enjoyable than The Defenders or Iron Fist.

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 7 hours ago

I finally finished Punisher. It's not quite as good as Jessica Jones and the first season of Daredevil, but it's a noticeable step-up from Defenders and the other two shows, in my opinion at least. Jon Bernthal absolutely kills it in this role, he's every bit as good as he was in Daredevil. I liked the dynamic between him and Micro and how Micro's family served as an almost surrogate family for Castle. The only real problem I had with the show was a lack of compelling villains. Agent Orange was pretty dry and bland, and I could see the Billy Russo twist coming a mile away. I was really engaged with the subplot about Lewis' downfall from a struggling veteran to crazed terrorist, it was pretty tragic. I also really liked the character of Curtis.

I give it an A-.

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 6 hours ago Edited by Corndawg93, 6 hours ago.

Finished Punisher, it's a giant step up from Iron Fist and Defenders and sh*ts on both Daredevil and JJ In terms of how brutal it is and the acting is on point.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users