Photo

Marvel's the Defenders-Daredevil-Luke Cage-Jessica Jones-Iron Fist

464 replies to this topic
TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 May 2017 - 06:24 PM Edited by TheFoxRiverFugitive, 12 May 2017 - 01:52 AM.

No, just messing with you all. I hate that movie and loved the show. I'm gonna start watching season 2 after I finish Jessica Jones.

Edit: I'm really liking a lot of the villains in these shows thus far. Madame Gao and Kilgrave are my favorites so far with Wilson Fisk being a close second. What I liked about Fisk was that he was emotionally volatile, a damaged person, vulnerable in a sense.

• Corndawg93, Zello, AlienTwo and 1 other like this

UshaB
  • UshaB

Nacho Libre - "I wanna weeeeeen!"

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 June 2017 - 06:57 AM Edited by UshaB, 02 June 2017 - 06:57 AM.

The Punisher is airing this November;

“[I’ve directed] one other time that hasn't been aired yet, which was an episode for the new Marvel series The Punisher, which I did just before Christmas, but it's not airing until November,” she said.

“I directed that in New York and edited in L.A., but this was my first directing experience in lovely Canada.”

• ClaudeSpeed1911 and Payne Killer like this

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 02 June 2017 - 04:25 PM

Punisher is my most awaited Marvel series. Hopefully its got tons of awesome action scenes and doesn't have the Netflix curse like Luke Cage and DD S2 where the it got worse.

• Payne Killer likes this

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 June 2017 - 10:17 PM

Finally caught up on all the shows. Here's how I'd rank them.

1. DD Seasons 1 & 2 Tie

2. Jessica Jones

3. Iron Fist

4. Luke Cage

The second season of Daredevil would have been better had the last few episodes presented more compelling villains. Having Nobu and some Hand goons carry the lead villain torch felt weak, but the Punisher stuff throughout the season leveled it out to be on par with the first season.

Jessica Jones was a bit of a surprise to me. I was expecting another action-oriented show, but what I got was an investigative drama with a compelling lead villain and sprinkles of action here and there. Kilgrave is probably my favorite villain out of them all on these Netflix shows.

Iron Fist felt kinda mediocre to me, but I liked Madame Gao as our lead villain there for a while, the actress does a fantastic job of giving off this unnerving calmness to her presence. I think what weighed the show down was too much focus on the corporate aspect of Danny's life with Ward and Joy. And although he wasn't really a great villain, I did enjoy the character of Harold.

Luke Cage was probably my least favorite of them all, it just felt a bit slow in places. The villains left something to be desired, but I did find myself hating Mariah Dillard by the end of the season finale for what she did to that girl. Misty is a f*cking moron for not getting her into protective custody.

• ClaudeSpeed1911 likes this

UshaB
  • UshaB

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 16 July 2017 - 03:03 AM

marvels-the-defenders-poster-art.jpg?w=2

skjfei.jpg?w=1800

• TheFoxRiverFugitive, Piggsy pls, Zello and 3 others like this

EvolvedWalker
  • EvolvedWalker

sepi

• GTAF Crew
  • Ireland

Posted 20 July 2017 - 07:07 PM

• TheFoxRiverFugitive, Zello, AlienTwo and 2 others like this

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2017 - 03:33 AM

New trailer from SDCC!

• Kirsty, Zello and UshaB like this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2016
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 22 July 2017 - 05:25 AM

Just when you think you've escaped the board room meetings of Iron Fist.

But seriously, I can't wait for that show.
  • AlienTwo likes this

UshaB
  • UshaB

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 July 2017 - 05:42 AM

Looks like DD landed a good hit on the Living Weapon. Hopefully Mr. Rand beats him up good when he gets back up. Anyways it sounds like Finn Jones lowered his voice by just a bit and has given IF a more serious tone which sounds better. The fight scenes are looking good too. This is gonna be gooood!!!

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

First of his name

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 22 July 2017 - 07:07 AM

That's a horrible trailer. I'm still hyped for the show, of course.

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Facade Corporation
  • Netherlands

Posted 22 July 2017 - 10:08 AM

I really dig watching Matt and Jessica outsass each other in that trailer. It's looking pretty good so far. I'm kind of bummed it's only 8 episodes, but I admit some parts of the standalone series did drag on a bit to get to the 13 episode mark. 

Arrow
  • Arrow

Connected™

• Facade Corporation
  • India
  • Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted 23 July 2017 - 03:03 AM Edited by Kaniel Outis, 23 July 2017 - 03:03 AM.

That was a boring trailer. I'm still hyped to see how these super heroes cross each other's paths.

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:23 PM

Just two more days!

• Zello, AlienTwo and UshaB like this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2017 - 02:47 AM

I dropped the ball on rewatching all five seasons of the other shows, so I'm starting to watch the best episodes. The Hallway fight in season 1 of Daredevil, the first four episodes of season two (the Punisher heavy ones). I'll pick and choose on JJ because it's too good to boil down to a couple episodes. With Luke Cage, I'll go with the episode where he storms that one places with Wu-Tang playing. Iron Fist is the hard one. None of it stands out as something I want to revisit. I'll probably make sure to watch the last couple episodes of each show, just to know where we are in Defenders.

God I hope it's good and not another Iron Fist.
  • iBUCKEYE, AlienTwo and UshaB like this

UshaB
  • UshaB

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:50 AM

JWick's sledgehammer has returned for his/her second live action appearance. 

Can't wait for this show tho. I want to see him do that heroic thing he did when he served.

• TheFoxRiverFugitive, iBUCKEYE, Payne Killer and 1 other like this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 18 August 2017 - 04:57 PM Edited by darthYENIK, 18 August 2017 - 05:49 PM.

Watched the first couple episodes. Better than Iron Fist, so far. On par with Luke Cage. Not quite DD or JJ levels.

Edit: No Meechums yet. That's good.
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive and AlienTwo like this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 August 2017 - 01:01 AM

Only watched 5 episodes so far and I am enjoying Danny Rand a lot more here than in his own show.
  • darthYENIK likes this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 19 August 2017 - 03:49 AM Edited by darthYENIK, 19 August 2017 - 05:40 AM.

Yeah, he's better as a co-star than a star.

The fighting is better than Iron Fist, but not as intense or real feeling as Daredevil.

I'm liking how they're building Luke and Danny's relationship. It doesn't feel forced. They're gradually growing to like each other. Hopefully they make season 2 of both of their shows one, "Heroes for Hire".

Krysten Ritter is once again amazing as Jessica Jones, but the show needs more Trish.

Elodie Yung as Electra is better this season, and I really liked her in Daredevil.

Matt Murdock and crew are as good as they can be. I wasn't expect a big story involving them, as they've had two seasons.

So far, so good.

Edit: it's only 8 episodes? I'm just starting episode 8. Better be a good finale, or else I might have to say it's only a notch above Iron Fist. Or more like several notches above, and a notch below Luke Cage.

Edit: watched it, it was okay.

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 August 2017 - 06:59 AM

The Defenders is a great show with great moment and characters.... Then episode 7 and 8 happened, ended terribly.
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive likes this

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

First of his name

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 19 August 2017 - 11:00 AM Edited by The Yokel, 25 August 2017 - 08:46 PM.

Watched the first couple episodes. Better than Iron Fist, so far. On par with Luke Cage. Not quite DD or JJ levels.

Well that sucks because I didn't like Luke Cage very much. JJ was good but it just wasn't as much fun as Daredevil. I didn't feel the need to binge it. Iron Fist is an absolutely terrible show, though.

But of course I'm gonna watch this too. How can I not?

EDIT: Edited because I wasn't fair to Jessica Jones. It's not a bad show, not by a long shot. It just lacks the "fun factor" of Daredevil, and I've never been a fan so I can't appreciate it as much as I can appreciate Daredevil. But quality wise they're pretty damn close.

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 August 2017 - 01:32 PM Edited by TheFoxRiverFugitive, 19 August 2017 - 01:46 PM.

Just finished blazing through Defenders. The first six episodes are pretty great, but the last two left a bad taste in my mouth.

Spoiler

The one thing they did really well with the show was nailing the character's personalities. I could believe Jessica and Luke being skeptical of all the mystic sh*t and the Hand.

My ranking for the shows:

1. DD Season 1 - A+

2. Jessica Jones - A-

3. DD Season 2 - B+

4. Defenders - B-

5. Luke Cage = Iron Fist C

Now that Defenders is out of the way, I hope we can see more overlap between the individual shows themselves. Maybe have an episode of Jessica Jones where Matt comes around in one episode for a brief cameo to help out Jessica if she's found herself on the wrong side of the law. And I hope Danny and Luke show up in each other's shows at some point. At the very least, it would be nice to have the lead characters mention the other heroes by name.

• darthYENIK likes this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 19 August 2017 - 03:39 PM

Yeah, it had a great start, and it didn't keep up at the end. I don't even hate the story of how it ended, it just felt rushed.

Spoiler

Overall, I wish they took half the budget of Iron Fist, and put it in Defenders to give us a full 13-14 episodes, and really give the story some time to soak in, and make the villains a little more fleshed out. We know the heroes, and they didn't a good job with them in Defenders, not going over the same storylines too much, but the villains just never really got their due. That's what makes Daredevil and Jessica Jones so good, you get to really dig into Kingpin, Kilgrave, and Punisher. You understand their action, you get why they are who they are. What we get in Defenders is a great performance, but a fairly two dimensional villain. A rich white lady. Scary on it's own, but not enough.

I stand by it being on par with Luke Cage. Maybe a bit lower on the list. Let's call Luke Cage #4a and Defenders #4b.
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive likes this

Arrow
  • Arrow

Connected™

• Facade Corporation
  • India
  • Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:58 AM

Watched the Pilot so far. I really liked it. I agree with darth on the fact the show feels great with Finn (Danny) being a better co-star than a Protag. Infact I was suspicious previously about Iron Fist being renewed for a 2nd Season. I see that they decided to include all side characters apart from Joy and Ward. I haven't watched all episodes, mostly the YT videos. I really hope that the Meechums appear at any point at all. Been catching up with GOT and once I'm done, I'll binge this one.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2017 - 02:09 PM

I will confirm, the Meechums are briefly mentioned, but never appear.
  • AlienTwo and Arrow like this

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

First of his name

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 20 August 2017 - 06:16 PM Edited by The Yokel, 20 August 2017 - 06:17 PM.

Well that was...underwhelming. Kinda boring. Not disastrous, but really forgettable. Boring plot that was resolved way too fast and there was no reason to include any of the other members of The Hand because there was no time to establish them as actual characters. Why not just say that they all died at some point and now only Madam Gao remains? She was the only one that was necessary for the plot. They could have fought ninjas instead of those boring assholes. Ninjas are a lot more fun.

• iBUCKEYE, Zello and UshaB like this

JZFB
  • JZFB

I'm the James Bardolph of GTAF smd

• The Yakuza
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 21 August 2017 - 04:05 PM

Before I started watching it, I expected the series to feel short what with only having 8 episodes. It ended up feeling the opposite; the first couple of episodes in particular felt like they dragged on.

Overall it was okay, but as The_Yokel put it, rather forgettable.

I do think Finn Jones & Mike Colter had good chemistry though so I wouldn't mind some Iron Fist/Luke Cage team ups in the future.

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Administrator 2016
    Best Administrator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 21 August 2017 - 04:31 PM

I've watched 4 episodes so far and I agree with everything above, it has been kinda ... boring.

I hate saying it because I really like this Netflix universe and the characters, the chemistry between them has been pretty funny, but until they actually met up it didn't feel like anything was really happening. Like all this stuff about something coming for NYC but we've already seen The Hand have all these resources and can control whatever they want so it's like it's not moving forward. 

I might be biased because I love female leads but Jessica Jones stands out the most for me in the group, she's really funny and needs a second season pronto.

With that said though, I'll binge the rest of the 4 episodes tonight so we'll see how it ends.

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2017 - 06:53 PM

^Then you'll be pleased to hear that Jessica Jones season 2 is actually filming right now. There's even been a few set photos.

Spoiler

• Kirsty and Zello like this

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Administrator 2016
    Best Administrator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 21 August 2017 - 07:00 PM

^Then you'll be pleased to hear that Jessica Jones season 2 is actually filming right now. There's even been a few set photos.

Spoiler

Spoiler
  • darthYENIK likes this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 23 August 2017 - 03:53 AM

Apparently, Finn Jones is starting his training for Iron Fist season 2 next week.

Now, just gonna let you know, moving into Season 2 of Iron Fist, Im actually starting my training next week. Were at least four or five months away from shooting, so this time around, Im being given a lot more preparation leading up to Season 2, which I think is really gonna have a huge improvement on the quality of the fight scenes in Season 2 of Iron Fist.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users