Photo

Marvel's the Defenders-Daredevil-Luke Cage-Jessica Jones-Iron Fist

425 replies to this topic
TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 May 2017 - 06:24 PM Edited by TheFoxRiverFugitive, 12 May 2017 - 01:52 AM.

No, just messing with you all. I hate that movie and loved the show. I'm gonna start watching season 2 after I finish Jessica Jones.

Edit: I'm really liking a lot of the villains in these shows thus far. Madame Gao and Kilgrave are my favorites so far with Wilson Fisk being a close second. What I liked about Fisk was that he was emotionally volatile, a damaged person, vulnerable in a sense.

• Corndawg93, Zello, AlienTwo and 1 other like this

UshaB
  • UshaB

Nacho Libre - "I wanna weeeeeen!"

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 June 2017 - 06:57 AM Edited by UshaB, 02 June 2017 - 06:57 AM.

The Punisher is airing this November;

“[I’ve directed] one other time that hasn't been aired yet, which was an episode for the new Marvel series The Punisher, which I did just before Christmas, but it's not airing until November,” she said.

“I directed that in New York and edited in L.A., but this was my first directing experience in lovely Canada.”

• ClaudeSpeed1911 and Payne Killer like this

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 02 June 2017 - 04:25 PM

Punisher is my most awaited Marvel series. Hopefully its got tons of awesome action scenes and doesn't have the Netflix curse like Luke Cage and DD S2 where the it got worse.

• Payne Killer likes this

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 June 2017 - 10:17 PM

Finally caught up on all the shows. Here's how I'd rank them.

1. DD Seasons 1 & 2 Tie

2. Jessica Jones

3. Iron Fist

4. Luke Cage

The second season of Daredevil would have been better had the last few episodes presented more compelling villains. Having Nobu and some Hand goons carry the lead villain torch felt weak, but the Punisher stuff throughout the season leveled it out to be on par with the first season.

Jessica Jones was a bit of a surprise to me. I was expecting another action-oriented show, but what I got was an investigative drama with a compelling lead villain and sprinkles of action here and there. Kilgrave is probably my favorite villain out of them all on these Netflix shows.

Iron Fist felt kinda mediocre to me, but I liked Madame Gao as our lead villain there for a while, the actress does a fantastic job of giving off this unnerving calmness to her presence. I think what weighed the show down was too much focus on the corporate aspect of Danny's life with Ward and Joy. And although he wasn't really a great villain, I did enjoy the character of Harold.

Luke Cage was probably my least favorite of them all, it just felt a bit slow in places. The villains left something to be desired, but I did find myself hating Mariah Dillard by the end of the season finale for what she did to that girl. Misty is a f*cking moron for not getting her into protective custody.

• ClaudeSpeed1911 likes this

UshaB
  • UshaB

Nacho Libre - "I wanna weeeeeen!"

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 5 days ago

marvels-the-defenders-poster-art.jpg?w=2

skjfei.jpg?w=1800

• TheFoxRiverFugitive, Piggsy pls, Zello and 3 others like this

EvolvedWalker
  • EvolvedWalker